Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Is Reality Optional? - SEXUALITY (Read 947 times)
Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Re: Is Reality Optional? - SEXUALITY
Reply #15 - Feb 11th, 2019 at 1:01am

Reality is a state of mind. So yes it is optional.

You are sure of only one thing, "I think, therefore I am".

You know you exist, everything else is open to interpretation.

Right now, we think we are on the net arguing about sexuality.

But there is a good to fair chance you are in a home facing a wall saying "I hate faggots, I hate faggots, I hate faggots."

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: Is Reality Optional? - SEXUALITY
Reply #16 - Feb 11th, 2019 at 10:09am

Raven wrote on Feb 11th, 2019 at 1:01am:
Reality is a state of mind. So yes it is optional.

You are sure of only one thing, "I think, therefore I am".

You know you exist, everything else is open to interpretation.

Right now, we think we are on the net arguing about sexuality.

But there is a good to fair chance you are in a home facing a wall saying "I hate faggots, I hate faggots, I hate faggots."

Well, there's reality and then there's reality.... are you suggesting that any reality in any person's mind is totally acceptable?  A midnight strangler who has a reality of 'this is normal' is OK?  A concentration camp doctor who splits children into the 'useful' and the 'useless' and disposes of some?  A tribe that goes around hacking another tribe's women's breasts off since that tribe is 'a threat to them' for occupying a part of 'their' land?  An Indigenous person whose only real problems have come 'at home' and from his/her own behaviour is somehow 'invaded' by a small event 231 years ago and thus derives rights to attack others?

Are these the kinds of 'acceptable' realities we are discussing here. because they exist in people's minds?

Or should reality be compassed by verifiable facts and reasoning, and other 'realities' be considered in varying grades of reality??

Never heard or seen anyone chanting "I hate faggots" etc... most people are just sick and tired of hearing endless whining from a tiny group of misfits who are given far too much air time as if their personal problems are the end of the world....

Back in the closet and STFU is my advice to them... NOBODY CARES!  You wanna chop yourself up and act out some fantasy - go for it - in silence.... nobody 'hates' you - they simply don't GAF until you fling your insanity in their face and lay into them about YOUR problem!

Grappler's Theory Of Reality Relativity.
« Last Edit: Feb 11th, 2019 at 10:27am by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print