Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13
Send Topic Print
Muslims who advise ignoring the Quran (Read 13543 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: Muslims who advise ignoring the Quran
Reply #135 - Feb 21st, 2019 at 6:51pm

moses wrote on Feb 21st, 2019 at 2:56pm:
Are you saying that our NATIONAL SECURITY ORGANIZATION has got it all wrong regarding who constitutes the actual threat to Australias' security?

Please phone NATIONAL SECURITY HOTLINE 1800 123 400 and inform them of their mistake.

You know how to stuff ASIO?  Steal their bike.   Roll Eyes

ASIO does a necessary job.  Unfortunately they attract people like you, Moses who have a bee in their bonnet.   ASIO unnecessarily targeted the Left during the Cold War.  ASIO missed out on the dangers of the Right at the same time 'cause they were, "our sort of chaps."    Today, ASIO follows Muslims often unnecessarily.  Why?  'cause their thinking is like yours - narrow minded and one tracked, Moses.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #136 - Feb 21st, 2019 at 8:38pm

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 21st, 2019 at 6:51pm:
Are you saying that our NATIONAL SECURITY ORGANIZATION has got it all wrong regarding who constitutes the actual threat to Australias' security?

Please phone NATIONAL SECURITY HOTLINE 1800 123 400 and inform them of their mistake.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smiley.jpg

ASIO does a necessary job.  Unfortunately they attract people like you, Moses who have a bee in their bonnet.   ASIO unnecessarily targeted the Left during the Cold War.  ASIO missed out on the dangers of the Right at the same time 'cause they were, "our sort of chaps."    Today, ASIO follows Muslims often unnecessarily.  Why?  'cause their thinking is like yours - narrow minded and one tracked, Moses.    Roll Eyes

Not because of terrorism?

polite_gandalf wrote on Feb 21st, 2019 at 3:46pm:
freediver wrote on Feb 21st, 2019 at 3:11pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Feb 21st, 2019 at 7:00am:
freediver wrote on Feb 20th, 2019 at 9:24pm:
Why would you expect Muslims you disagree with to be able to ignore bits of the Quran so easily, but not Muslims you agree with?

Because I don't know how else they could rationalise and agree with something I find so absurd and rejectionable. Whereas people I agree with on matters of Islamic faith already adopt the same approach to the Quran as I do (ie don't ignore bits) - otherwise I wouldn't agree with them.

So yours is the only possible conclusion someone could reach if they actually read the Quran?

Of course not FD, thats not what I said.

Clearly you came to the conclusion that slaughtering infidels is an essential act of Islamic faith. I can't exactly say you didn't come to that conclusion now can I?

So it basically boils down to your ignorance - because you do not know, people you disagree with can ignore bits of the Quran, even if they are Muslims, because there is no other possible explanation for them disagreeing with you, but Muslims who agree with you cannot, because that would go against a fundamental tenet of Islam?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #137 - Feb 22nd, 2019 at 9:18am

freediver wrote on Feb 21st, 2019 at 8:38pm:
Muslims who agree with you cannot, because that would go against a fundamental tenet of Islam?

Muslims who agree with me, by definition - don't hold a position that I reject. Thats why they agree with me. It really isn't any more nuanced than that FD.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #138 - Feb 22nd, 2019 at 9:28am

polite_gandalf wrote on Feb 21st, 2019 at 3:46pm:
freediver wrote on Feb 21st, 2019 at 3:11pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Feb 21st, 2019 at 7:00am:
freediver wrote on Feb 20th, 2019 at 9:24pm:
Why would you expect Muslims you disagree with to be able to ignore bits of the Quran so easily, but not Muslims you agree with?

Because I don't know how else they could rationalise and agree with something I find so absurd and rejectionable. Whereas people I agree with on matters of Islamic faith already adopt the same approach to the Quran as I do (ie don't ignore bits) - otherwise I wouldn't agree with them.

So yours is the only possible conclusion someone could reach if they actually read the Quran?

Of course not FD, thats not what I said.

Clearly you came to the conclusion that slaughtering infidels is an essential act of Islamic faith. I can't exactly say you didn't come to that conclusion now can I?

So it basically boils down to your ignorance - because you do not know, people you disagree with can ignore bits of the Quran, even if they are Muslims, because there is no other possible explanation for them disagreeing with you, but Muslims who agree with you cannot ignore bits of the Quran, because that would go against a fundamental tenet of Islam?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #139 - Feb 22nd, 2019 at 12:41pm

freediver wrote on Feb 21st, 2019 at 8:38pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Feb 21st, 2019 at 6:51pm:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smiley.jpg

Not because of terrorism?

You answer my questions, I might answer yours, Freediver.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #140 - Feb 22nd, 2019 at 3:46pm

Quote:
You know how to stuff ASIO?  Steal their bike. 

ASIO does a necessary job.  Unfortunately they attract people like you, Moses who have a bee in their bonnet.   ASIO unnecessarily targeted the Left during the Cold War.  ASIO missed out on the dangers of the Right at the same time 'cause they were, "our sort of chaps."    Today, ASIO follows Muslims often unnecessarily.  Why?  'cause their thinking is like yours - narrow minded and one tracked, Moses.

Oh well that explains it all then, ASIO has got it wrong, they targeted our enemies.

I mean gee how terribly terribly silly of them.

Or, then again, ASIO is actually doing the right thing by our citizens.

In other words forked tongue, you're the bad guy in this scenario, you and your muslim terrorist masters are the ones we have to be careful of and watch.

The danger of the 21st century in this case forked tongue is, the muslim terrorist / leftard apologist duo.

You have shown your true colours once again, with your posts which are trying to create a smokescreen around the reality of global islamic terror in the 21st century.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #141 - Feb 23rd, 2019 at 2:31pm

moses wrote on Feb 22nd, 2019 at 3:46pm:
Quote:
You know how to stuff ASIO?  Steal their bike. 

ASIO does a necessary job.  Unfortunately they attract people like you, Moses who have a bee in their bonnet.   ASIO unnecessarily targeted the Left during the Cold War.  ASIO missed out on the dangers of the Right at the same time 'cause they were, "our sort of chaps."    Today, ASIO follows Muslims often unnecessarily.  Why?  'cause their thinking is like yours - narrow minded and one tracked, Moses.

Oh well that explains it all then, ASIO has got it wrong, they targeted our enemies.

I mean gee how terribly terribly silly of them.

Or, then again, ASIO is actually doing the right thing by our citizens.

In other words forked tongue, you're the bad guy in this scenario, you and your muslim terrorist masters are the ones we have to be careful of and watch.

The danger of the 21st century in this case forked tongue is, the muslim terrorist / leftard apologist duo.

You have shown your true colours once again, with your posts which are trying to create a smokescreen around the reality of global islamic terror in the 21st century.

Their main problem is identifying our friends from our enemies, Moses.  Always has been, always will be.  I know of one Left group during the 1970s which broke up because all the remaining members of the committee ended up confessing to one another that they were either ASIO, Special Branch or Military Intelligence.    Funny that, keeping a hard Left organisation going 'cause it was easier that way to identify who was a member of the hard Left, right?

As for Muslims, their ability to differentiate between the Islamists and the ordinary, everyday, peaceful Muslims is rather limited so they rely on information received from the ordinary, everyday, peaceful Muslims.  You know, the folks that you have branded as being all Terrorists or Terrorist sympathisers?  The folks that you wish to condemn for the crimes of a tiny minority of their number.    Now, where would ASIO be without those folks to help them?  Stuffed of course and it is something ASIO recognises.   Something you refuse to recognise in your wide condemnation of all matters of Islam and all Muslims.

Moses, you're an Islamophobic, Christian bigot.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #142 - Feb 23rd, 2019 at 4:29pm

In a nutshell:

Islamic terrorism is todays global problem that's reality.

Every single muslim terrorist can justify his /her deeds by citing the qur'an.

You try and produce smokescreens to hide global islamic terrorism every day of your life forked tongue.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #143 - Feb 23rd, 2019 at 4:37pm

In a nutshell:

Religious terrorism is todays one of many global problem that's reality.

Every single religous terrorist can justify his /her deeds by citing their holy book.

You try and produce smokescreens to hide global Christian terrorism every day of your life, Moses.  Tsk, tsk, such bigotry, such hatred for anybody who isn't a Christian, hey?    Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Feb 23rd, 2019 at 5:06pm by Brian Ross »  

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #144 - Feb 23rd, 2019 at 4:50pm

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #145 - Feb 23rd, 2019 at 5:11pm

Quote:
Why Mark Anthony Conditt – a white Christian – isn't called a terrorist
Daniel José Camacho

If a Muslim man planted bombs in predominately white neighborhoods before blowing himself up, you could bet that the White House and various media outlets would label him a terrorist and draw some connection between his religion and his violent acts. But the case of the Austin bomber reveals an enduring double standard: white Christian terrorists continue to get a free pass.

According to a Buzzfeed report, 23-year-old Mark Anthony Conditt – the one responsible for the recent bombings in Austin – was part of conservative survivalist circles. An acquaintance of Conditt confirmed he was involved in a group called Righteous Invasion of Truth, “a Bible study and outdoors group for homeschooled kids, created and named by the kids and their families that included monthly activities such as archery, gun skills and water balloon fights.”

Thus far, the White House press secretary has denied any link between the Austin bombings and terrorism. Never mind that Austin was terrorized in a three-week long serial bombing campaign. The Austin police chief claims Conditt should primarily be seen as a “very challenged young man” because he did not mention terrorism or hate in the video he left behind before carrying out the bombings. I guess we should let all bombers self-identify now?

Racial and religious privilege intersect in how Conditt is being perceived. Because he is white, his acts are reduced to a personal problem even though white American men have consistently posed a bigger domestic terrorist threat than Muslim foreigners who get treated as systemic threat. Since Conditt is a Christian, his faith is considered coincidental in spite of the fact that conservative survivalist circles explicitly pursue a racialized, apocalyptic social project.

Many refuse to label Conditt a terrorist over technicalities involving whether his acts were clearly “politically motivated.” But that’s the luxury of being white. To be white is to be considered culturally and politically neutral even when you’re part of a long legacy of white extremists.

Granted, violence is complicated and its motivations cannot be reduced to one factor. Nevertheless, even if Conditt was not primarily motivated by his faith, we are still right to question whether such a segregated and militant religious ideology can feed ignorance, hate and violent acts.

We may never find a video or journal in which Conditt claims that his religious faith was the prime motivator for his terrorizing acts. But even if we did, the double standard would probably still endure. According to a PRRI survey: “White evangelical Protestants are the most likely (87%) to disown Christian terrorists who claim to be acting in Christianity’s name. However, they are among the least likely (44%) to say the same about terrorists who say they’re Muslim.”

In other words, white evangelicals find it hard to believe that white Christian terrorists can truly exist. Yet this flies against everything that has happened in the history of the US.

At one point, almost half of the Christians in this country went to war over the power to own black slaves. When that failed, they reverted to organized terrorism. As Christian writer Jonathan Wilson-Hartgrove powerfully recounts in his book Reconstructing the Gospel: Finding Freedom from Slaveholder Religion, the era of reconstruction following the civil war was interrupted by Christian terrorist attacks, such as the Colfax massacre that took place on Easter Sunday in 1873.

The history of Christian-identifying terrorist groups such as the Klu Klux Klan shows how the violence of Christian terrorists continually flies below this nation’s radar.

Thinking about Stephon Clark getting shot 20 times while unarmed in his backyard and about the reluctance of many to name Mark Anthony Conditt a white terrorist makes me wonder: it’s almost as if this nation was founded on the sacredness and holiness of white violence. This is a violence set apart.

[Source]

Well it looks like they did not ignore the bad bits of the Bible, in fact they are the champions of Christianity, just doing the good works of Christianity and Christ.

Oh well one day the world will wake up and turn on them.

It's sad that they could be stopped by simply renouncing the evil in the Bible.

But our *moderates* and Rightard apologists prefer this never ending bloodshed over being honest about the evil in the Bible.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #146 - Feb 23rd, 2019 at 7:36pm

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 23rd, 2019 at 4:37pm:
In a nutshell:

Every single religous terrorist can justify his /her deeds by citing their holy book.

You try and produce smokescreens to hide global Christian terrorism every day of your life, Moses.  Tsk, tsk, such bigotry, such hatred for anybody who isn't a Christian, hey?    Roll Eyes

Twonk.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #147 - Feb 23rd, 2019 at 8:13pm

Frank wrote on Feb 23rd, 2019 at 7:36pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Feb 23rd, 2019 at 4:37pm:
In a nutshell:

Twonk.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Poor, poor, Soren, nothing of value to contribute so instead you resort immediately to ad hominem insults.   Such a strange reaction.  You been seeking help for your paranoia yet?   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #148 - Feb 24th, 2019 at 2:16pm

The board liar wrote:Reply #145 - Yesterday at 5:11pm
Quote:
Well it looks like they did not ignore the bad bits of the Bible, in fact they are the champions of Christianity, just doing the good works of Christianity and Christ.

Well well old forked tongue is so jealous of this site run by freediver that he sneaks around being a lying troll.

He can never show that Christ taught people should be terrorists, yet he has no objections to deliberately lying on this site.

Once a liar always a liar.

It is an undisputed fact that
brian ross is a cowardly jealous liar troll on this board.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #149 - Feb 24th, 2019 at 2:27pm

Well well old forked tongue is so jealous of this site run by Freediver that he sneaks around being a lying troll.

He can never show that Mohammed taught people should be terrorists, yet he has no objections to deliberately lying on this site.

Once a liar always a liar.

It is an undisputed fact that Moses is a cowardly jealous liar troll on this board.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13
Send Topic Print