Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
geoffrey blainey, continually warring tribes (Read 2869 times)
Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
geoffrey blainey, continually warring tribes
Jan 29th, 2019 at 10:25am

IMAGE.....

IMAGE.....

The writings of historian Geoffrey Blainey,
suggest that      prior to the arrival of Europeans,      the first peoples of Australia, belonged to many different tribal groups, who were continually engaging in many savage wars with the people belonging to adjacent tribes.

If true, prior to the arrival of Europeans, Australia was not a 'a great nation' then, made up of a socially united, and socially cooperating, indigenous people ?

QUESTION;
Do violent feuds ever occur today, between differing families, of indigenous people ?

Or are such conflicts almost unheard of ?

/sarc off

https://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/books/geoffrey-blainey-takes-fresh-look-at-...

Yadda said.....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1548550507/3#3
Quote:

The Aboriginal peoples don't feel like 'Australians'.

The Aboriginal peoples don't want to be 'Australians'.

Clearly, what indigenous peoples, 2019, want, is to assert that they are a separate people,
and that they are being oppressed by all of those peoples who invaded their nations.
[submissions to that affect, have been submitted to the United Nations Assembly.]

AND THE ABORIGINAL PEOPLE OF THIS CONTINENT,
ARE NOT GOING TO TAKE IT,       ANY MORE!!!!

IMAGE.....

"The 24-year-old activist said she hoped Australia 'f***ing burns to the ground' "

Yadda said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1548479876/90#90

< --------

THAT SOUNDS VERY MUCH, LIKE A DECLARATION OF WAR, AGAINST ALL NON-INDIGENOUS AUSTRALIANS     ???

The war isn't over yet.

The indigenous people of Australia, are an undefeated people.

We are rising up!

And you 'invaders' are on notice, that you better choose to give our nation back to us.

....OR ELSE!!!

The entire continent belongs, to us, indigenous people,
AND TO NOBODY ELSE!

IMAGE.....

Proverbs 15:1
A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

Proverbs 15:2
The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness.

Proverbs 14:34
Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Re: geoffrey blainey, continually warring tribes
Reply #1 - Jan 29th, 2019 at 11:23am

'Feelings' [emotions] are meant to rule,      over reason.

Its, 'Progressive'.

I'm....     poor/underprivileged/belong to a stigmatised minority/a person of 'colour'/want to enter YOUR country, because its my human-right/a minority in my own country,
i'm being oppressed.

ALTERNATIVELY....

I'm a man/woman, i wake up every morning, and live this life, and i make choices.

Quote:

January 27 2019, 12:01am,
The Sunday Times

Feeling beats truth in our indignant ‘emocracy’

Niall Ferguson

We no longer live in a democracy.

We live in an “emocracy”, where emotions rather than majorities rule and feelings matter more than reason.

The stronger your feelings — the better you are at working yourself into a fit of indignation — the more influence you have.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/comment/feeling-beats-truth-in-our-indignant-...

paywall

Feeling beats truth in our indignant "emocracy"

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Feb 10th, 2019 at 9:11pm

Witness the growth of 'psychotherapists' everywhere. These are people who are paid to validate your feelings and nod to your bellyaches, at abut $100 an hour.  They will spend an hour of their life listening to your BS first world problems for $100 an hour.

No wonder there is a plethora of them. Easy money. 'What do you do?" "I nod and act sympathetic for a living."

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #3 - Feb 11th, 2019 at 12:15pm

Frank wrote on Feb 10th, 2019 at 9:11pm:
Witness the growth of 'psychotherapists' everywhere. These are people who are paid to validate your feelings and nod to your bellyaches, at abut $100 an hour.  They will spend an hour of their life listening to your BS first world problems for $100 an hour.

No wonder there is a plethora of them. Easy money. 'What do you do?" "I nod and act sympathetic for a living."

Isn't that your profession, Soren?  Graduate from the University of Baloney, isn't it?  Sigma cum laude.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Mar 7th, 2019 at 6:04pm

Brian Ross wrote on Feb 11th, 2019 at 12:15pm:

Isn't that your profession, Soren?  Graduate from the University of Baloney, isn't it?  Sigma cum laude.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

No.  Psychiatry and psychotherapy are not the same, Bwian.
And while I did study a semester at the University of Bologna and it did count towards my undergraduate degree, it wasn't my awarding institution.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #5 - Mar 7th, 2019 at 6:14pm

Frank wrote on Mar 7th, 2019 at 6:04pm:

Are you sure of that, Soren?  You seem to be really very much a Psychotherapist...

Quote:
And while I did study a semester at the University of Bologna and it did count towards my undergraduate degree, it wasn't my awarding institution.

Are you sure of that, Soren?   Graduate of the University of Baloney...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 11:18pm

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 7th, 2019 at 6:14pm:
Frank wrote on Mar 7th, 2019 at 6:04pm:

Are you sure of that, Soren?  You seem to be really very much a Psychotherapist...

Quote:

Are you sure of that, Soren?   Graduate of the University of Baloney...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

What the bloody hell do YOU know, thick-as-gweggy's-turd Bwian??  What do YOU know?

You know how to roll your unfocused eyes and .... er... that's it!!

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Mar 9th, 2019 at 10:25am

Yadda wrote on Jan 29th, 2019 at 10:25am:

IMAGE.....
https://nacchocommunique.files.wordpress.com/2016/11/first-nations.png

IMAGE.....
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CKri6W2VAAA7Xer.jpg

The writings of historian Geoffrey Blainey,
suggest that      prior to the arrival of Europeans,      the first peoples of Australia, belonged to many different tribal groups, who were continually engaging in many savage wars with the people belonging to adjacent tribes.

If true, prior to the arrival of Europeans, Australia was not a 'a great nation' then, made up of a socially united, and socially cooperating, indigenous people ?

QUESTION;
Do violent feuds ever occur today, between differing families, of indigenous people ?

Or are such conflicts almost unheard of ?

/sarc off

https://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/books/geoffrey-blainey-takes-fresh-look-at-...

Yadda said.....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1548550507/3#3
Quote:

The Aboriginal peoples don't feel like 'Australians'.

The Aboriginal peoples don't want to be 'Australians'.

Clearly, what indigenous peoples, 2019, want, is to assert that they are a separate people,
and that they are being oppressed by all of those peoples who invaded their nations.
[submissions to that affect, have been submitted to the United Nations Assembly.]

AND THE ABORIGINAL PEOPLE OF THIS CONTINENT,
ARE NOT GOING TO TAKE IT,       ANY MORE!!!!

IMAGE.....
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2018/01/29/01/48B001A000000578-5323383-image-a-1...

"The 24-year-old activist said she hoped Australia 'f***ing burns to the ground' "

Yadda said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1548479876/90#90

< --------

THAT SOUNDS VERY MUCH, LIKE A DECLARATION OF WAR, AGAINST ALL NON-INDIGENOUS AUSTRALIANS     ???

The war isn't over yet.

The indigenous people of Australia, are an undefeated people.

We are rising up!

And you 'invaders' are on notice, that you better choose to give our nation back to us.

....OR ELSE!!!

The entire continent belongs, to us, indigenous people,
AND TO NOBODY ELSE!

IMAGE.....
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2018/01/29/09/48B2427300000578-5324283-image-a-1...

Proverbs 15:1
A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

Proverbs 15:2
The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness.

Proverbs 14:34
Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.

Smiley

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print