Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 18
Send Topic Print
Muslims who support the Taliban (Read 20846 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Muslims who support the Taliban
Jan 26th, 2019 at 3:50pm

In this thread:

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1543198807

Gandalf has made the following claims about the Taliban:

That they would have assisted the US to invade their own country, if the US had only asked them.

That assisting the great satan to invade and fight their fellow Muslims would have been a face-saving exercise for the Taliban.

That instead of invading, the US should have accepted the Taliban offer to hand over Bin Laden, subject to their review (of unspecified duration) of US intelligence in Afghanistan. Gandalf also conceded eventually that there is no reason to believe they were capable of delivering Bin Laden.

That Afghanistan under the Taliban was less of a threat to the US than Saudi Arabia.

That the Saudi's treatment of women is no worse than the Taliban.

The Taliban were an effective and stable government.

Saudi Arabia was a bigger threat because they exported Wahhabism, which is vaguely linked to terrorism in an arm waving sort of sense, but exporting Wahhabism does not actually refer to either ideas or to terrorism.

The facts:

In 1992, the Taliban barely existed. By 1996 they had gained control of over half the country, though anti-Taliban insurgents remained active in areas nominally under their control, and in Gandalfs own words were in a "marriage of convenience" with Al Quaida. Gandalf could never explain whether marriage implies authority or control over Al Quaida, or if it meant they were equals. The majority of Afghans supported US invasion.

In Saudi Arabia, 60% of adult women have a secondary education. Female literacy is estimated at 91%. 20% of the parliament is made up of women.

The Taliban placed women under virtual house arrest. They did not allow women to be educated past the age of 8, and until then were only allowed to study the quran. Students and teachers faced execution for obtaining or giving a real education. Amnesty International reported that 80% of marriages were forced.

The deflections to Saudi Arabia appear to be an effort to blame the US rather than Muslims for everything, on account of the Saudis being a US ally. If we work with Muslims, it is bad and every consequence is our fault. If we work against them it is bad and every consequence is our fault. If we leave them to themselves and ISIS takes over, it is our fault because of what we did in the past...

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Muslims who support the Taliban
Reply #1 - Jan 26th, 2019 at 5:08pm

Not at all, FD. I believe it was the Foreign Affairs journal that made that claim.

But I'm curious. Why do you support the Saudi Regime?

Will you answer?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jan 26th, 2019 at 5:22pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jan 26th, 2019 at 5:08pm:
Not at all, FD. I believe it was the Foreign Affairs journal that made that claim.

Will you answer?

The deflections to Saudi Arabia appear to be an effort to blame the US rather than Muslims for everything, on account of the Saudis being a US ally. If we work with Muslims, it is bad and every consequence is our fault. If we work against them it is bad and every consequence is our fault. If we leave them to themselves and ISIS takes over, it is our fault because of what we did in the past...

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jan 26th, 2019 at 6:29pm

Frank wrote on Jan 26th, 2019 at 5:22pm:

Will you answer?

FD's been apologising for them. Now he's evading. What do you call this, old boy?

That's right - squishy, mendacious, yeah-but-no-but spineless apologism - on stilts.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jan 26th, 2019 at 6:37pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jan 26th, 2019 at 6:29pm:

Will you answer?

FD's been apologising for them. Now he's evading. What do you call this, old boy?

That's right - squishy, mendacious, yeah-but-no-but spineless apologism - on stilts.

In a discussion about the Taliban - and evil embodiment of Islamic ideology -  you Mohamedans deflect to Saudi - an evil embodiment of Islamic ideology.

Why not stick to the evil embodiment of Islam under discussion? Do we need to cover ALL the evils of Islam in ALL the discussions? 

But when we do THAT, you Mohammedans get all SPECIFIC. When we are specific, you go 'yeah but what about'.

Shifty, dishonest, untrustworthy.

Let's talk about the evil embodiments of Islamic ideology AS A WHOLE.  Deal?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jan 26th, 2019 at 8:17pm

Frank wrote on Jan 26th, 2019 at 6:37pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Jan 26th, 2019 at 6:29pm:

Will you answer?

In a discussion about the Taliban - and evil embodiment of Islamic ideology -  you Mohamedans deflect to Saudi - an evil embodiment of Islamic ideology.

Why not stick to the evil embodiment of Islam under discussion? Do we need to cover ALL the evils of Islam in ALL the discussions? 

But when we do THAT, you Mohammedans get all SPECIFIC. When we are specific, you go 'yeah but what about'.

Shifty, dishonest, untrustworthy.

Let's talk about the evil embodiments of Islamic ideology AS A WHOLE.  Deal?

Now now, old boy, The Saudis actually did Sept 11 - the alleged source of your flailing discontent. The Saudis have undertaken a near genocide in Yemen. The Saudis have been taken over by a leader who is now so confident of his dominance in the region, he's prepared to send his boys into foreign countries to cut up US residents with bone saws in broad daylight.

And you want to get the Taliban.

What surprised me most of all was FD's complete forgiveness of Saudi atrocities. I knew he was cunning, but not that bad. For all of FD's I-blame-Islamism, he's prepared to evade and tap dance and tell porkies about Saudi Arabia.

You?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jan 27th, 2019 at 5:27pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jan 26th, 2019 at 8:17pm:
Now now, old boy, The Saudis actually did Sept 11 - the alleged source of your flailing discontent. The Saudis have undertaken a near genocide in Yemen. The Saudis have been taken over by a leader who is now so confident of his dominance in the region, he's prepared to send his boys into foreign countries to cut up US residents with bone saws in broad daylight.

What surprised me most of all was FD's complete forgiveness of Saudi atrocities. I knew he was cunning, but not that bad. For all of FD's I-blame-Islamism, he's prepared to evade and tap dance and tell porkies about Saudi Arabia.

You?

I would love to grind the Saudis' faces into the sand as much as the next man. And I really hope that it will happen in my lifetime, when the West fees itself from its energy dependence on freaky Muslims. Araby will sink back into the sand, and all their bickering will be parochial once more.

What would happen if a rogue  billionaire with a sense of justice pulled off a counter- 9/11 against the Muslims and send a cruise missile to the Kaaba and destroyed it completely? What would Allah do?

There should be a 'go-fund-me' page for THAT! What would be the response? Hundreds of millions of dollars in 10 minutes flat, I guess.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #7 - Jan 28th, 2019 at 8:05am

Its pretty easy to find things about the Sauds that are disgusting. The Yemen war is Sunni against Shia. Its about religion. Not only is Islam carrying on a campaign against anyone unIslamic, it is fighting itself, and they don't mind using children or ambulances to carry their bombs.

Gandalf would say, well that's no different to using a drone. But it doesn't matter how you point out the sickness in Islam, Gandalf and the apologists will contradict it. They have no choice, because they are faced with the reality. Here's an example. The Taliban's treatment of the people it claims to love and represent. Kabul Ambulance bomb.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jan 28th, 2019 at 11:23am

Frank wrote on Jan 27th, 2019 at 5:27pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Jan 26th, 2019 at 8:17pm:

You?

I would love to grind the Saudis' faces into the sand as much as the next man. And I really hope that it will happen in my lifetime, when the West fees itself from its energy dependence on freaky Muslims. Araby will sink back into the sand, and all their bickering will be parochial once more.

What would happen if a rogue  billionaire with a sense of justice pulled off a counter- 9/11 against the Muslims and send a cruise missile to the Kaaba and destroyed it completely? What would Allah do?

There should be a 'go-fund-me' page for THAT! What would be the response? Hundreds of millions of dollars in 10 minutes flat, I guess.

Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld already did that to the oil-rich country of Iraq, old boy.

Now we have a president who not only apologises for Saudi killings, he sells them billions in weapons to destroy the Yemeni population.

I'd say that's why FD goes for the Saudis. We know you'll happily carpetbomb anyone who's tinted.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jan 28th, 2019 at 11:28am

issuevoter wrote on Jan 28th, 2019 at 8:05am:
Its pretty easy to find things about the Sauds that are disgusting. The Yemen war is Sunni against Shia. Its about religion. Not only is Islam carrying on a campaign against anyone unIslamic, it is fighting itself, and they don't mind using children or ambulances to carry their bombs.

Gandalf would say, well that's no different to using a drone. But it doesn't matter how you point out the sickness in Islam, Gandalf and the apologists will contradict it. They have no choice, because they are faced with the reality. Here's an example. The Taliban's treatment of the people it claims to love and represent. Kabul Ambulance bomb.

https://i.imgur.com/LxldAxH.jpg

It's not about religion, it's about nationalism and ethnicity.

This is Saudi Arabia versus Iran, as every schoolboy knows.

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jan 28th, 2019 at 1:48pm

[whine voice]------aaaaannnndd it's got nuffink to do wiv islaaaaaaam[/whine voice]

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jan 28th, 2019 at 6:08pm

moses wrote on Jan 28th, 2019 at 1:48pm:
[whine voice]------aaaaannnndd it's got nuffink to do wiv islaaaaaaam[/whine voice]

If it did, why do you think the US would be backing the Saudis and Israelis against the Iranians?

I'm curious. I'm keen to know what you think.

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Jan 29th, 2019 at 1:56pm

Most probably because they are the best option.

Isn't Iran committed to wiping the Jews off the face of the earth if they get half a chance, (of course just because islam tells them that the trees and rocks will talk to them in the last days when killing said Jews has got nuffink to do wiv islam).

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Jan 29th, 2019 at 2:50pm

moses wrote on Jan 29th, 2019 at 1:56pm:
Most probably because they are the best option.

Isn't Iran committed to wiping the Jews off the face of the earth if they get half a chance, (of course just because islam tells them that the trees and rocks will talk to them in the last days when killing said Jews has got nuffink to do wiv islam).

No, Moses, but they are committed to giving Israel back to the Palestinians if you believe what they say.

Do you support the Saudis yourself?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #14 - Jan 30th, 2019 at 10:14am

freediver wrote on Jan 26th, 2019 at 3:50pm:
That they would have assisted the US to invade their own country, if the US had only asked them.

Can you answer a simple question FD...

presented with two options:

a) have your regime overthrown by overwhelming military force
b) option B

What do you think even a misogynistic extremist, even-worse-than-Saudi-Arabia outfit like the taliban would have gone for?

take your time...

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 18
Send Topic Print