Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Berejiklian ignores Country NSW water crisis (Read 669 times)
red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Berejiklian ignores Country NSW water crisis
Jan 24th, 2019 at 7:08pm

The Mayors of a number of NSW Rural Communities came to Sydney to discuss an absolute crisis they are on the point of running out of water

Berejiklian's response, she didn't meet the Mayor's nor did her deputy nor did the Minister involved nor did anyone from the Libs

Even after it hit the headlines Berejiklian still hasn't stuck her beak over the parapet

She has fired shots from within the walls of wherever she is bunkered

I predict this will be the fatal blow...the knockout..for the NSW Liberal Government which Politically is already on its knees

Berejiklian has such high regard for her own ignorance that she can't see the bloody great gaping hole in the way her Party does business

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Re: Berejiklian ignores Country NSW water crisis
Reply #1 - Jan 24th, 2019 at 7:19pm

red baron wrote on Jan 24th, 2019 at 7:08pm:
The Mayors of a number of NSW Rural Communities came to Sydney to discuss an absolute crisis they are on the point of running out of water

Berejiklian's response, she didn't meet the Mayor's nor did her deputy nor did the Minister involved nor did anyone from the Libs

Even after it hit the headlines Berejiklian still hasn't stuck her beak over the parapet

She has fired shots from within the walls of wherever she is bunkered

I predict this will be the fatal blow...the knockout..for the NSW Liberal Government which Politically is already on its knees

Berejiklian has such high regard for her own ignorance that she can't see the bloody great gaping hole in the way her Party does business

I cant argue with ANY of that!  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Jan 24th, 2019 at 11:23pm

Me neither.

Sounds like NsW has Rural V City 'war' growing.
Farmers have more guns than city-slickers.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #3 - Feb 1st, 2019 at 2:13pm

The New South wales Government is going to hell in a hand basket for it's repugnant handling of an environmental disaster which it is guilty of creating. The Darling River is 'dead' that can  be the only term appropriate to the fetid remains of a once thriving river

The river has been starved of water as the NSW Government changed the landscape to supply the Darling rivers water to vested interests

It is an outrage and in a few week's time the bell will ring fulltime on this despicable Government

There have been plenty of disaster with the Libs but this one takes the cake

An article follows:

Article from Australian Associated Press:

The NSW government won't back a complete overhaul of the Murray-Darling Basin Plan arguing the changes suggested by the South Australian royal commission will hurt regional communities and benefit the downstream state.

NSW Regional Water Minister Niall Blair on Friday said the royal commission didn't find anything new in relation to water theft in NSW and labelled its report in the basin's management as "hit and miss".

While Mr Blair did acknowledge concerns over the legality of the basin plan he said that was an issue for the federal government.

He said the commission appeared to advocate buying more water from NSW farmers and sending it to South Australia.

"They just want to take the easy fix, change the rules, undo the negotiated parameters, buy the water off our farmers and send it down to South Australia - and we can't accept that," Mr Blair told reporters in Dubbo.

"We know the recommendations and way put forward by the South Australian royal commission ... will be to the detriment of and hurt our regional communities."

The NSW minister said regional communities and farmers needed to be supported rather than having more water "rushed" down to South Australia.

"We'll continue to have a look at the detail of the report but, at this stage, we're not going to sign up to a plan at all costs," he said.

Mr Blair was singled out in the commission's report which labelled his statements about recent fish kills on the Darling River as "grossly irresponsible".

He disputed the claim, arguing the accusation was a "hook" to get some "colour and movement" into the report.

The minister also backed the controversial Menindee Lakes Water Savings Project which is under consideration by the NSW government.

If the plan was abandoned it would have "further detrimental" impacts for other parts of the basin, he argued.

The commission found the Menindee Lakes - which is a source of flows for the Lower Darling and is a vital fish nursery - was a "most unlikely" candidate for the project.

Australian Associated Press

IP Logged

macman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

australia
Reply #4 - Feb 3rd, 2019 at 9:41am

Jasin wrote on Jan 24th, 2019 at 11:23pm:
Me neither.

Sounds like NsW has Rural V City 'war' growing.
Farmers have more guns than city-slickers.

Got some news for you. It's not only the farmers who are fed up with this city oriented pack of clowns. Most people I know in rural towns are pissed off too. Privatised electricity , the money then wasted on sydney football stadiums or light rail or toll roads. Stuff all being spent in the bush. We are coming to get you gladdie.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print