Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Some people are just so damned lucky!! (Read 865 times)
Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Some people are just so damned lucky!!
Jan 23rd, 2019 at 5:09pm

Some people are just so damned lucky!!

IMAGE.....

Lamar Gillett, the only P-35 pilot in World War II to shoot down a Japanese Zero

Quote:

IT'S BETTER TO BE LUCKY THAN GOOD  - - THE STORY OF 2ND LT LAMAR GILLETT

By:  Thomas McKelvey Cleaver

"It's better to be lucky than good," says Lamar Gillett, the only P-35 pilot in World War II to shoot down a Japanese Zero.

"I was lucky I was behind the Zero instead  of  in  front  of  him.

I was  lucky  when  I  landed  back  at  Clark  that  the  guys who were shooting at me didn't give enough lead.

I was lucky my C.O. on Bataan sent  me  to  Corregidor  to  get  the  chewing-out  he  was  in  for  and  wasn't  there  for the  shelling  that  killed  him."

As  a  survivor  of  the  Bataan  Death  March  and  three ears  of  Japanese  captivity,  two  years  of  it  spent as  a  slave  on  Shikoku,  Lamar Gillett is a lucky man indeed.

http://philippine-defenders.lib.wv.us/pdf/bios/gillett_bio.pdf

Its better to be born lucky, than smart.

Sorry, issue.         Smiley          Wink

The obligatory....

Ecclesiastes 9:11
....the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.

Psalms 32:1
Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.
2  Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Re: Some people are just so damned lucky!!
Reply #1 - Jan 23rd, 2019 at 5:47pm

Footballer Emiliano Sala, signs $27 million contract, with Cardiff.

Days later, plane ditches into English channel, Sala feared dead.

IMAGE.....

Photo: Sala signed with Cardiff last week, leaving FC Nantes for a $27 million contract

Cardiff FC's Emiliano Sala believed dead as aircraft goes missing during English Channel flight

Updated January 23, 2019

The 28-year-old Sala, .....signed for Premier League team Cardiff on Friday for a club record fee, around $27 million.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-22/fears-for-cardiff-fcs-emiliano-sala-as-ai...

Its better to be born lucky, than smart.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jan 24th, 2019 at 1:19pm

Something off in the story
Sala is quoted as saying he was reluctant to take the short flight
He's then reported as texting that the Piper felt as if it was coming apart, adding maybe a search/rescue party should be sent for him
The Piper was barely over the Channel, according to media diagrams
Conflicting reports about debris turning up, also that Sala and the pilot may have taken to a life raft known to be aboard the plane
Media reports claiming the pilot told someone that he was 'rusty with the landing-gear'
Sala's ex-lover writing what appears to be an open letter in the last 24 hours, warning about the 'football mafia'
Don't know if bodies have come to the surface yet -- they say it takes 3 days

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Jan 24th, 2019 at 9:39pm

You do not leave FC Nantes when you are in their debt in the first place, like he was.

He was put away.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #4 - Jan 27th, 2019 at 9:01pm

"Blessed are those who seeketh to place thy Lord's children in administrative detention for the crime of believing in another religion." - Yadda.

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #5 - Jan 27th, 2019 at 10:03pm

Auggie wrote on Jan 27th, 2019 at 9:01pm:

"Blessed are those who seeketh to place thy Lord's children in administrative detention for the crime of believing in another religion." - Yadda.

Deuteronomy 32:8
When the most High divided to the nations their inheritance, when he separated the sons of Adam, he set the bounds of the people according to the number of the children of Israel.
9  For the LORD'S portion is his people; Jacob is the lot of his inheritance.
10  He found him in a desert land, and in the waste howling wilderness; he led him about, he instructed him, he kept him as the apple of his eye.

Auggie,
Moslems declare, that they want to murder those who worship the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
....especially Jewish people.

Is your argument that, that is OK by the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob ?

The God who is identified in the bible ?

2 Chronicles 19:1
And Jehoshaphat the king of Judah returned to his house in peace to Jerusalem.
2  And Jehu the son of Hanani the seer went out to meet him, and said to king Jehoshaphat, Shouldest thou help the ungodly, and love them that hate the LORD? therefore is wrath upon thee from before the LORD.

Matthew 12:30
He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

Luke 11:23
He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #6 - Jan 27th, 2019 at 11:07pm

Yadda wrote on Jan 27th, 2019 at 10:03pm:

Well, your God, Yahweh, seems to be ok with slaughtering men, women and young boys, and then placing young women into sexual servitude.

In fact, He is also all right with having the rapist pay 50 shekels and then marry the woman the man raped.

What about forced abortion?

Seems it's ok when Yahweh does bad things, but when Allah does bad things, it's not??

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Jan 27th, 2019 at 11:19pm

Auggie wrote on Jan 27th, 2019 at 11:07pm:
Yadda wrote on Jan 27th, 2019 at 10:03pm:

Well, your God, Yahweh, seems to be ok with slaughtering men, women and young boys, and then placing young women into sexual servitude.

In fact, He is also all right with having the rapist pay 50 shekels and then marry the woman the man raped.

What about forced abortion?

Seems it's ok when Yahweh does bad things, but when Allah does bad things, it's not??

I like Dante's interpretation: The Beast of Inferno has x3 Faces: Each Face is reflective of Judaism, Christianity & Mohommedism.  Grin

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print