Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Blustering Daley. (Read 383 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blustering Daley.
Jan 18th, 2019 at 4:59pm

Labor leader Michael Daley has been forced to clarify that he would not rip up the maligned light rail project if elected Premier in March.

On Friday morning Mr Daley said on Sky News he would have to make “some very hard decisions” about the light rail project if he was triumphant at the election and didn’t rule out ripping up the project.

But after Transport Minister Andrew Constance labelled

the idea “priceless lunacy” and likened it to setting a pile of cash on fire Mr Daley released a statement backing away from the comments and clarifying that he wouldn’t’ destroy the $2.1 billion project

Mr Daley had told Sky News that he would assess the project once it’s up and running and then make a decision whether to “rip it up”.

“We’ve got two options — if it’ll be up and running sometime in the next one or two years, if I’m the Premier I can’t rip it up and then pay compensation to the private consortium … for 15 years,” he told Sky News.

“(If I) rip it up I’ve still got to pay … for 15 years for running a light rail that doesn’t exist.”

We’ll pray that it works but if it doesn’t I’ll have to make a decision won’t I, but who knows.”

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

that says it all I guess..... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy..another nutter thinks he can run the State...

makes sense to some.

IP Logged

Stig

>_<

Re: Blustering Daley.
Reply #1 - Jan 21st, 2019 at 12:17pm

So first we had Daley threatening to cancel the City to Bankstown metro, now he's threatening to rip up the light rail.

I guess NSW Labor really does hate infrastructure. And I thought it was bad under Bob "Do-nothing" Carr

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print