Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
blaming Nazis good, blaming Muslims bad (Read 9255 times)
polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: blaming Nazis good, blaming Muslims bad
Reply #90 - Feb 15th, 2019 at 7:25pm

Frank wrote on Feb 15th, 2019 at 7:21pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Feb 15th, 2019 at 7:09pm:
freediver wrote on Feb 15th, 2019 at 6:44pm:
I've just spent six pages trying to get you to answer a simple question - where did you get this "Christian establishment" crap from.

Gosh, I've only spent the same number of pages trying to explain.

Germany was united largely through the military and economic dominance of the Prussian aristocracy - a 'conservative Christian' ruling class if you will. Sometimes referred to as the "junker" class. These were the people who dominated the offices of power through both the emperorship and the transition to democracy, and continued through the Weimar republic. A brief challenge by the communists and other leftists after WWI was overcome due to a violent crackdown by establishment militias like the Freikorps. In fact if you really want to get deeply into it, the roots of the nazi-establishment cooperation largely stemmed from a common fear of the left - which the nazis swiftly went about destroying as soon as they came to power. Thats not to say the Nazis themselves didn't make enemies of the establishment - they did, as did any establishment figures who threw their lot in with them, most notably Luddendorf. But as they changed their modus operandi from violent putches to legitimate political processes, the establishment became less and less hostile, until eventually they saw them as useful allies - as von Papen did when he lobbied Hindenberg to appoint him chancelor (thinking he could control him). Establishment figures like the former chancelor von Schleicher who refused to fall in line were swiftly removed.

That in a nutshell is the Nazi rise part of the story, the other part is how they retained power. As I mentioned before, the aftermath of the 1944 bomb plot which revealed just how shockingly widespread was the knowledge of the plot within the Wehrmacht, demonstrated just how distinct and independent the old establishment (represented through the Wehrmacht) remained from the Nazi machine. Its almost as if the Wehrmacht preserved itself as a 'state within a state' - or you could even say the other way around, the Nazis were a state within the old Prussian state. Such a powerful force that kept its independence from the Nazis could no doubt have easily dispensed with the Nazi regime if they wished. But of course in a time of total war, there was no apetite to do so. One for all and all for one and all that. Prussian notions of honour and loyalty made turning against your government at a time when the country was under siege from all sides - an unspeakable act of treachery. Notwithstanding von Staffenberg and cohort.

Soooooo.... where's the Christian angle to the rise of the Nazis, then?

I am not seeing any in your post.

Actually we veered off track from the original point I was making - as all discussions with FD invariably do.

My original point was that Nazism never permeated German society in the way that Islam permeated arab society. It remained essentially christian.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #91 - Feb 15th, 2019 at 7:27pm

freediver wrote on Feb 15th, 2019 at 7:21pm:
In case you have forgotten Gandalf, here it is again:

polite_gandalf wrote on Jan 21st, 2019 at 9:50am:
I clearly gave my 'version' of what would happen had the Nazis "won" (however you define that). The Nazis were always on borrowed time - ruling only at the behest of the christian establishment that still very much dominated the wehrmacht.

Where did you get this from?

Gandalf, what do you think is more offensive, me asking you if you meant a textbook from a Muslim school, or your suggestion that the Nazis were only ruling at the behest of the "Christian Establishment"?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #92 - Feb 15th, 2019 at 10:01pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Feb 15th, 2019 at 7:25pm:
Frank wrote on Feb 15th, 2019 at 7:21pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Feb 15th, 2019 at 7:09pm:
freediver wrote on Feb 15th, 2019 at 6:44pm:
I've just spent six pages trying to get you to answer a simple question -
where did you get this "Christian establishment" crap from.

Gosh, I've only spent the same number of pages trying to explain.

Germany was united largely through the military and economic dominance of the Prussian aristocracy - a 'conservative Christian' ruling class if you will. Sometimes referred to as the "junker" class. These were the people who dominated the offices of power through both the emperorship and the transition to democracy, and continued through the Weimar republic. A brief challenge by the communists and other leftists after WWI was overcome due to a violent crackdown by establishment militias like the Freikorps. In fact if you really want to get deeply into it, the roots of the nazi-establishment cooperation largely stemmed from a common fear of the left - which the nazis swiftly went about destroying as soon as they came to power. Thats not to say the Nazis themselves didn't make enemies of the establishment - they did, as did any establishment figures who threw their lot in with them, most notably Luddendorf. But as they changed their modus operandi from violent putches to legitimate political processes, the establishment became less and less hostile, until eventually they saw them as useful allies - as von Papen did when he lobbied Hindenberg to appoint him chancelor (thinking he could control him). Establishment figures like the former chancelor von Schleicher who refused to fall in line were swiftly removed.

That in a nutshell is the Nazi rise part of the story, the other part is how they retained power. As I mentioned before, the aftermath of the 1944 bomb plot which revealed just how shockingly widespread was the knowledge of the plot within the Wehrmacht, demonstrated just how distinct and independent the old establishment (represented through the Wehrmacht) remained from the Nazi machine. Its almost as if the Wehrmacht preserved itself as a 'state within a state' - or you could even say the other way around, the Nazis were a state within the old Prussian state. Such a powerful force that kept its independence from the Nazis could no doubt have easily dispensed with the Nazi regime if they wished. But of course in a time of total war, there was no apetite to do so. One for all and all for one and all that. Prussian notions of honour and loyalty made turning against your government at a time when the country was under siege from all sides - an unspeakable act of treachery. Notwithstanding von Staffenberg and cohort.

Soooooo.... where's the Christian angle to the rise of the Nazis, then?

I am not seeing any in your post.

Actually we veered off track from the original point I was making - as all discussions with FD invariably do.

My original point was that Nazism never permeated German society in the way that Islam permeated arab society. It remained essentially christian.

That was ABSOLUTELY NOT your point. That's NOT what you were directly responding to - can you see it? - my dear little evasive, shifty carpet salesman of a son of Mohammed.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #93 - Feb 15th, 2019 at 10:58pm

Carpet salesmen are not a race.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #94 - Feb 15th, 2019 at 11:23pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Feb 15th, 2019 at 10:58pm:

Inverts like you ARE a race apart.
« Last Edit: Feb 16th, 2019 at 8:30am by Frank »  

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #95 - Feb 16th, 2019 at 9:33am

Frank wrote on Feb 15th, 2019 at 11:23pm:

Inverts like you ARE a race apart.

Now now, that's racist.

Get this one to confess, FD.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #96 - Feb 16th, 2019 at 8:56pm

Oh, 11 o'clock at night - you have done haunting the toilet blocks of Auburn and Merrylands?  Coughing up any furballs, Paki?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #97 - Feb 16th, 2019 at 11:04pm

Frank wrote on Feb 16th, 2019 at 8:56pm:

Oh, 11 o'clock at night - you have done haunting the toilet blocks of Auburn and Merrylands?  Coughing up any furballs, Paki?

Strange. What happened to not tonight, I have a headache?

Not getting jealous are you, dear?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print