Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
not Australia Day again (Read 1327 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: not Australia Day again
Reply #15 - Jan 17th, 2019 at 3:21pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 17th, 2019 at 3:01pm:
cods wrote on Jan 17th, 2019 at 2:18pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 17th, 2019 at 2:07pm:
cods wrote on Jan 17th, 2019 at 2:02pm:
lol.... they dont seem to have the problems with history like we do...

maybe thats the answer ..

the day after Australia Day...one day off isnt enough these days is it..

lets talk to Sally!

Our Kiwi cousins have a much better track record on national policy and attitudes to Indigenous peoples.

seriously   you think we ill treat people here... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

We have, until quite recently.  In some parts of Australia, it still occurs.  Indigenous Australians are the once more often than not kicked by white Australians, if by nothing else but their ignorance of what occurs, Cods.   Roll Eyes

Quote:
I can only speak for myself....but to me  all we hear from our indigenous chums is complaints  whinge whinge whinge  I dont hear that from the Maori.....they get on and make their own lives they either mix in or do their own thing.....they dont constantly ask for MORE...and expect others to solve their problems 

I believe in God helps those who helps themselves..

and I dont see that much from out chums.   to be honest...

Warren is like a breath of fresh air... if only they would listen to him.. instead of those half baked whiners   who imo  teach aboriginals to be complainers....

You seem to be assuming that the squeaky wheels are representative of the mainstream of Indigenous Australians, rather like many here believe that Terrorists or Islamists are representative of the mainstream of Muslim life in Australia.   They aren't nor are the whingers and whiners.   Certainly, things could be easier for most Indigenous Australians but they not quite as hard as is made out.

YOU LIVE IN THE PAST   WE ALL UNDERSTAND THAT   SOME PEOPLE  WANT APOLOGIES  ABOUT THINGS THAT HAPPENED LONG AGO   AND HAD NOT A THING TO DO WITH TODAYS GENERATION....

FOR REASONS KNOWN ONLY TO THEMSELVES  IT MAKES THEM FEEL BETTER..

DOES IT CHANGE LIVES DOES IT MAKE THEM ACT BETTER DOES IT STOP THE CHILD ABUSE THE DOMESTIC VIOLENCE.....?????????

NOT TO MY KNOWLEDGE....IN FACT ITS PROBABLY WORSE NOW THAN IT EVER WAS.....

some people use harsh language when dealing with aborigines and I dont like that   but  nothing will ever stop rednecks  they are in every culture...

people like you thrive on the past   only the bad stuff of course... were you part of it???..

I know I wasnt!

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Jan 17th, 2019 at 3:25pm

lets talk to Sally!

Our Kiwi cousins have a much better track record on national policy and attitudes to Indigenous peoples.

a smaller country    may have helped.....good luck to them......we need to find the way to living together rather than dragging up history that cannot ever be changed......and bashing todays generation over the head with it...

I am one of these people who will never believe changing the day or date will change a bloody thing...

those agitators will still be agitating over something..

we have our share on here.. those who are always looking at the negatives to make trouble.. Angry Angry

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #17 - Jan 17th, 2019 at 3:25pm

That indue card is causing some problems. Been down for 3 days apparently. Ppl starving.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #18 - Jan 17th, 2019 at 3:30pm

What dif will changing the date make?
The only thing that will help Abos is about 500 years of integration.

IBI

IP Logged

Violet Crumble
Gold Member

Reply #19 - Jan 17th, 2019 at 4:29pm

Australia Day, 26 January, falls on a Saturday this year so ALL the workers get a fully paid holiday on Monday 28th.

What are they all carrying on about?

Aboriginals stood around looking 'amazed' when Captain Cook landed at Botany Bay ....

They still stand around looking "amazed" as they go walkabout and drink copious amounts of VB .

Those who tick the box (are you Aboriginal or Torres State Islander), do so because it gives them privileges ... us other white citizens (who won't lie) do NOT get. I think there should be a DNA test to determine just how much "aboriginal" DNA somebody who "ticks the box" has.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Jan 17th, 2019 at 4:37pm

sometimes it looks that way...

while we have those who live in the past  wanting to drag it around like an old teething nappy... it will take that long... how much headway have we made since the 60s..... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.. they just jump from one thing to another,....before this it was the stolen generation....no one cared about Aust Day...

so many wrongs have been put right  or at least   tried to be put right.....they have land its theirs no one tells them what to do with it......I havent seen what they have done with the land they now own...something in their favour I would hope...

just about everything is free for them  or almost free...education medicine.they even get job  preference .in some cases......what has it achieved???>...I dunno.,..

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #21 - Jan 17th, 2019 at 5:04pm

Quote:
just about everything is free for them  or almost free...education medicine.they even get job  preference .in some cases......what has it achieved???>...I dunno.,..

Give links to substantiate those bizarre claims.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Jan 17th, 2019 at 7:16pm

Aussie wrote on Jan 17th, 2019 at 5:04pm:
Quote:

Give links to substantiate those bizarre claims.

Aussie hating Arssie. Grin

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Jan 17th, 2019 at 7:17pm

far cough!

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #24 - Jan 17th, 2019 at 7:44pm

Aussie wrote on Jan 17th, 2019 at 3:10pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jan 17th, 2019 at 2:51pm:
The Kiwis have had their angst.  The Treaty of Waitangi was written in two languages - English and Maori.  The English claimed they were identical.   They weren't.  This resulted in a massive court case which the Maori finally won in the mid-1980s.  The Whites of New Zealand were not happy but went along with the court decision - rather like some whites in Australia of Mabo and Wik.   Today, the Maoris still have lower age expectancy, higher infant mortality rates, alcohol and drug dependency problems, etc.

You got a link to that?  I had a google and could not find it.

It was an odd situation.  There was no written Maori until 1820, and the Treaty was signed 20 years later.  There is no way all (or perhaps even any) of the Chiefs could possibly have understood English historical concepts like what the word 'sovereignty' means and entails.

New Zealand Maori Council v Attorney-General

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #25 - Jan 17th, 2019 at 8:02pm

cods wrote on Jan 17th, 2019 at 3:21pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jan 17th, 2019 at 3:01pm:
cods wrote on Jan 17th, 2019 at 2:18pm:

lets talk to Sally!

seriously   you think we ill treat people here... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

We have, until quite recently.  In some parts of Australia, it still occurs.  Indigenous Australians are the once more often than not kicked by white Australians, if by nothing else but their ignorance of what occurs, Cods.   Roll Eyes

Quote:
I can only speak for myself....but to me  all we hear from our indigenous chums is complaints  whinge whinge whinge  I dont hear that from the Maori.....they get on and make their own lives they either mix in or do their own thing.....they dont constantly ask for MORE...and expect others to solve their problems 

I believe in God helps those who helps themselves..

and I dont see that much from out chums.   to be honest...

Warren is like a breath of fresh air... if only they would listen to him.. instead of those half baked whiners   who imo  teach aboriginals to be complainers....

You seem to be assuming that the squeaky wheels are representative of the mainstream of Indigenous Australians, rather like many here believe that Terrorists or Islamists are representative of the mainstream of Muslim life in Australia.   They aren't nor are the whingers and whiners.   Certainly, things could be easier for most Indigenous Australians but they not quite as hard as is made out.

YOU LIVE IN THE PAST   WE ALL UNDERSTAND THAT   SOME PEOPLE  WANT APOLOGIES  ABOUT THINGS THAT HAPPENED LONG AGO   AND HAD NOT A THING TO DO WITH TODAYS GENERATION....

FOR REASONS KNOWN ONLY TO THEMSELVES  IT MAKES THEM FEEL BETTER..

DOES IT CHANGE LIVES DOES IT MAKE THEM ACT BETTER DOES IT STOP THE CHILD ABUSE THE DOMESTIC VIOLENCE.....?????????

NOT TO MY KNOWLEDGE....IN FACT ITS PROBABLY WORSE NOW THAN IT EVER WAS.....

some people use harsh language when dealing with aborigines and I dont like that   but  nothing will ever stop rednecks  they are in every culture...

people like you thrive on the past   only the bad stuff of course... were you part of it???..

I know I wasnt!

Lucky you, Cods.  Or were you?   You are old enough (and knowing your political views) you more than likely voted into power Governments which did bad things or continued bad things done to Indigenous Australians.   Doesn't actually matter if you voted Tory or you voted Labor, they all did bad things, such as stealing children, forcing Indigenous people off their land, allowing land owners to exploit them, etc.

I don't "live in the past".  I am just aware of how we got to the present, to today.  You appear to think that what happened yesterday is ancient history or something.   I don't.   I am aware of what occurred years, decades, centuries ago.  You appear upset that I keep reminding you, Cods.  Why?   Do you have a guilty conscious and don't like being reminded of what people did in the past?   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print