Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Kihon by the numbers
Jan 12th, 2019 at 8:03am

mae-geri (front kick)......... Cool

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Re: Kihon by the numbers
Reply #1 - Jan 14th, 2019 at 1:04pm

Well with all the chaos in this world learning a martial art like Shotokan Karate can have its benefits not only for self defence but for fitness and health.

Oh and like I said before sometimes being an uke (demonstration partner) can really hurt.... Grin Cheesy Wink

« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2019 at 1:30pm by Ajax »  

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jan 14th, 2019 at 1:37pm

Gimmicks. In  a real fight they are toast.  Karate does have its benefits, the self defence aspect is very over rated however. mostly depends on being able to predict how your opponent will attack you.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #3 - Jan 14th, 2019 at 1:38pm

Ajax wrote on Jan 14th, 2019 at 1:04pm:
Well with all the chaos in this world learning a martial art like Shotokan Karate can have its benefits not only for self defence but for fitness and health.

Oh and like I said before sometimes being an uke (demonstration partner) can really hurt.... Grin Cheesy Wink

What chaos?

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #4 - Jan 14th, 2019 at 2:06pm

rhino wrote on Jan 14th, 2019 at 1:37pm:
Gimmicks. In  a real fight they are toast.  Karate does have its benefits, the self defence aspect is very over rated however. mostly depends on being able to predict how your opponent will attack you.

No gimmicks Rhino.

It's just training and then more training no secrets just training and training and training.

Can you be bothered.....?...or is it too much work for you.

It can be many things to many different people.

Its an art that turns your muscles in wire rope, they may bot grow in size but they will become wire rope over time.

It's an art the gives you the ability to deliver the most powerful blow that your frame and physic can deliver.

The amateur completion below still has controlled blows.

That is the level of skill regular training can deliver.

Should try it some time...... Wink

These videos contain the masters that teach in Tokyo headquarters and in other countries around the world.

It's one thing for a master to say the technique is too deadly and you never see them in action.

These masters do the doing, show the way so to speak for all to see.

Like i said there are no gimmicks....... Wink

« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2019 at 2:24pm by Ajax »  

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #5 - Jan 14th, 2019 at 2:09pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jan 14th, 2019 at 1:38pm:
Ajax wrote on Jan 14th, 2019 at 1:04pm:

What chaos?

Haha,,,,,,always the clown............. Tongue

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Jan 14th, 2019 at 10:00pm

Oh Bojack is back.
I thought he died. Huh

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jan 14th, 2019 at 10:43pm

Ajax wrote on Jan 14th, 2019 at 2:06pm:
rhino wrote on Jan 14th, 2019 at 1:37pm:

No gimmicks Rhino.

It's just training and then more training no secrets just training and training and training.

Can you be bothered.....?...or is it too much work for you.

It can be many things to many different people.

Its an art that turns your muscles in wire rope, they may bot grow in size but they will become wire rope over time.

It's an art the gives you the ability to deliver the most powerful blow that your frame and physic can deliver.

The amateur completion below still has controlled blows.

That is the level of skill regular training can deliver.

Should try it some time...... Wink

These videos contain the masters that teach in Tokyo headquarters and in other countries around the world.

It's one thing for a master to say the technique is too deadly and you never see them in action.

These masters do the doing, show the way so to speak for all to see.

Like i said there are no gimmicks....... Wink

No one has ever won a UFC or MMA fight by only using karate techniques. I love UFC because it has shown these Karate and Kung fu frauds for what they are. Just not effective in  a real fight, that is not in dispute by any real fighter. Treat it as an art by all means and a method to learn discipline but as an actual  fighting discipline its at the bottom.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #8 - Jan 15th, 2019 at 6:15am

rhino wrote on Jan 14th, 2019 at 10:43pm:
No one has ever won a UFC or MMA fight by only using karate techniques. I love UFC because it has shown these Karate and Kung fu frauds for what they are. Just not effective in  a real fight, that is not in dispute by any real fighter. Treat it as an art by all means and a method to learn discipline but as an actual  fighting discipline its at the bottom. 

Oh yes they have pal, I thought you were a fan, how is it you donot know this....???

The two Machida brothers ok they have a black belt in Brazilian Jujutsu but their stand up game is karate.

Some fan you are.....???

Have you got the tv on mute......................???

Some of the other traditional karate fighters in mma/UFC competitions are (from Wikipedia),

Antonio Carvalho (Shotokan)
Nick Denis (Kyokushin)
Maciej Górski (Shotokan)
Neil Grove (Gōjū-ryū)
Mark Holst (Shotokan)
Katsunori Kikuno (Kyokushin)
Yuki Kondo (Shorinji Kempo)
Shinzo Machida (Shotokan)
Andrews Nakahara (Kyokushin)
Jadamba Narantungalag (Kyokushin)
Gunnar Nelson (Gōjū-ryū)
Seth Petruzelli (Sh!to-ryū)
Bas Rutten (Kyokushin)
Assuerio Silva (Shotokan)

Also here...https://m.facebook.com/shermansmartialarts/posts/10154079431800664

« Last Edit: Jan 15th, 2019 at 6:41am by Ajax »  

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #9 - Jan 28th, 2019 at 5:50pm

This one is for the ladies, karate can be an art form expressed by the human body.

This is for the gold medal......beautiful poetry in  motion.

The red and blue belts distinguish the different teams all the girls are black belts.

The first team (red belts) the video on the left is the German team these girls practice the Shotokan style of karate-do and are doing the kata Gankaku, after the solo synchronized performance they then interpret the movements into a self defence scenario.

The second team (blue belts) the video on the right is the Spanish team these girls practice the Sh!to-rye style of karate-do and are doing the kata Paiku, after the solo synchronized performance they then interpret the movements into a self defence scenario.

Karate training is one of the best forms of exercise on the planet....... Wink........full screen recommended..... Smiley

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #10 - Jan 31st, 2019 at 7:31pm

Well i wasn't going to post another one but the Japanese girls are so unbelievable I just had to, the use of the hips to generate power is exceptional.

BTW I'm back training, glad to report this old body is holding up and hasn't broken down yet (knock on wood) but its very very sore.

Of to the couch...... Shocked Huh

Team Japan vs Team Italy

Just a little note for all those interested.

All the techniques / movements of karate come from the kata, forms or patterns.

It is a physical library that is learnt with mind, body and spirit.

Full screen a must...... Cool

« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2019 at 7:55pm by Ajax »  

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Feb 1st, 2019 at 5:47pm

Ajax wrote on Jan 12th, 2019 at 8:03am:

mae-geri (front kick)......... Cool

What is this link supposed to be?

I copied the media link but only get an orchestra???

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Feb 1st, 2019 at 5:54pm

Okay. Google the front kick and got the right video.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #13 - Feb 3rd, 2019 at 8:29am

Don't forget karate will make its Olympic debut in Japan 2020.

I just hope they get the format right.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #14 - Mar 23rd, 2019 at 12:41pm

For anyone interested still training, done my groin doing a round kick, so round, side and back kicks are of the list for a while, front kicks are still ok.

Growing old sucks....... Angry

I guess i can never ever be as good as these guys, but hey its fun and keeps me fit.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print