Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Pauline Hanson's Plan To Kill Cane Toads (Read 3740 times)
Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Pauline Hanson's Plan To Kill Cane Toads
Reply #60 - Jan 12th, 2019 at 1:41pm

Gordon wrote on Jan 9th, 2019 at 6:18pm:
Just tell the Abos you can get high from them, and they'll be gone in no time.

Kids smoking cane toads

By Greg McLean

28-09-2005

CHILDREN as young as 12 are licking cane toads in an attempt to get high, the Northern Territory News has learned.

Some children and teenagers in Katherine and Arnhem Land are even drying out the skins of cane toads and rolling them up as joints to get a hit.

But Territory health authorities have warned that those who lick or smoke cane toads are dicing with death and stress that there are no hallucinogenic effects possible from bufo toxin, the toxin excreted by the introduced pest.

Director of emergency medicine at Royal Darwin Hospital Didier Palmer said anyone who ingests bufo toxin is more likely to die than get high from it.

"These are very foolish and dangerous acts," he said.

"Anyone who does this runs the very serious risk of seizures, a rapid loss of consciousness, cardio-vascular collapse and death."

Researchers investigating what substances petrol sniffers in Arnhem Land abuse were shocked to be told that some were skinning cane toads, drying them and smoking them.

Maranboy police also report they had to take a road worker into custody last month after he licked a cane toad while intoxicated.

It is understood the man's eyes rolled in the back of his head and he became extremely aggressive, and began shaking uncontrollably after licking the bufo toxin.

Officer-in-charge of Maranboy police, Brevet Sergeant Angelo Denale, said it was unclear whether the man's aggression was caused by alcohol or bufo toxin but warned against experimenting with the dangerous substance.

"Whether or not he became aggressive from licking cane toads, smoking cannabis or alcohol, it is a recipe for disaster," he said.

"Licking cane toads gives off some form of poison and it's obviously bad for your health."

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?/topic/7007-kids-smoking-cane-to...

Cods?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #61 - Jan 12th, 2019 at 2:46pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 12th, 2019 at 1:17pm:
issuevoter wrote on Jan 12th, 2019 at 1:12pm:
cods wrote on Jan 10th, 2019 at 4:37pm:
I didnt see Hanson say  STOP THE SCIENTISTS  STOP THE EXPERTS.....

yet they are saying   stop dont catch them   BECAUSE....the experts have it under control...... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

no ones accusing you of saying it geg.

what do the buggers eat.. couldnt we poison some bait s in their habitat?....it would be slow  but  so is scooping..especially when you have a zillion adults  still jumping around//

They eat just about any living thing small enough to fit in their mouths, including native frogs. Poisoning their food source is not practical. You can kill them with Pino-Clean. Best to spray it in their face to get into their eyes and nose. But spray them all over, if you can't. They will hop away and die. It will not significantly reduce the population, but you can clear your yard for long periods.

Some people will tell you disinfectants are bad for the environment, even in those miniscule doses, yet they are happy to drive automobiles.

We used to do that when I was a kid, back in Bundaberg.

But we used to just spray it on their backs - still seemed to work.

would that be allowed today????>>..everything has to be humane even with something thats full of poison....and totally unloveable...

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #62 - Jan 17th, 2019 at 11:28am

Professor Rob Capon and his team have discovered a way to turn cane toads’ own toxin against them, which has real potential to eradicate this long-term pest.

Support IMB's Cane Toad Challenge research project

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #63 - Jan 17th, 2019 at 5:42pm

Killed one ...ten cents...now figuring that one female cane toad lays 30,000  eggs

Only 1000,0000,0000,0000,000 to go!

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #64 - Jan 17th, 2019 at 8:07pm

cods wrote on Jan 10th, 2019 at 4:32pm:
I would think the more ideas  IN OPERATION   the better...

if you think scooping them out of ponds works  well done  what about the puddles??......I would think every little thing helps....they are crossing borders  why not massive nets...

the experts are not always right...

maybe they should run a competition to find an answer.....I dont know   all I am saying is...we are spending a fortune on experts who so far havent made the slightest difference.

The so called experts would be out of a job if we find a solution perhaps they have an interest in keeping things the way they are.

Katter has the right idea i don't agree with 40 cents a toad, 10 for a dollar sounds good.

We are the only country that considers non lethal air rifles to be firearms.

When I was a teenager I bet a friend I could shoot him with my air rifle and his leather jacket would stop the pellet, the pellet didn't penetrate his jacket.  Wink

Quote:
Federal MP Bob Katter wants to give kids low-powered air rifles to kill cane toads

Announced a $2million proposal to introduce a 40 cent per toad bounty

Follows Pauline Hanson's proposal to give welfare recipients 10 cents per toad

Crossbench MP Bob Katter wants to give children low-powered air rifles to kill cane toads in exchange for pocket money.

'The kids will be doing something useful by protecting our natural wonderland,' Mr Katter told reporters in Townsville on Thursday.
'It'll give a bit of fun for our kids and a bit of pocket money for them as well.'

He said his party first came up with idea of offering a financial incentive some years ago for catching the pests.
Mr Katter stressed that the air rifles given to children would be low powered.

'Some of my friends have tried to hurt people but that's not going to happen - they're pretty harmless,' he said.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6576591/Bob-Katter-says-children-given-...

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print