Send Topic Print
right wing snowflakes (Read 443 times)
polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
right wing snowflakes
Jan 7th, 2019 at 1:55pm

What is it about the right that whenever they, or someone they support cop some verbal criticism, they run around screaming "You're not letting me do that - my freedom has been violated!!"

Exhibit A:
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1546656645

So basically a female British muslim youtube star has decided to take off the hijab in public, and she copped some trolling on social media for it. She is understandably upset by such trolling, and thats not cool, and should be condemned.

Resident right wing warrior Frank leaped on this and boldly declared

Quote:
A muslim woman demonstrates that the hijab is not really a free choice

- apparently because taking it off makes her a target of criticism. This is perfectly consistent with standard right wing behaviour, where they run around screaming about their freedom being taken away every time their bigotry is called out and they cop some criticism for it. How many times have you heard them whinge about "we're not allowed to criticise/mock/make jokes towards [insert minority] anymore" - purely because they object to receiving criticism for their bigotry?

Thats not to say that any sort of verbal abuse is a right and should be allowed - I draw the line at incitement to violence and threats to one's safety. That does not seem to apply in this case - where the cited examples of the 'abuse' range from calling her a "sick person mentally" to calling her a "part-time Muslim". There is no evidence that she has been intimidated into thinking that she needs to put the hijab back on. The article makes no mention of whether or not she now wears it, and we can safely assume she continues to not wear it.

Whats wrong with these snowflakes, that they are so precious they think it is their God-given right to not be offended or criticised?

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: right wing snowflakes
Reply #1 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 1:57pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jan 7th, 2019 at 1:55pm:
What is it about the right that whenever they, or someone they support cop some verbal criticism, they run around screaming "You're not letting me do that - my freedom has been violated!!"

Exhibit A:
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1546656645

So basically a female British muslim youtube star has decided to take off the hijab in public, and she copped some trolling on social media for it. She is understandably upset by such trolling, and thats not cool, and should be condemned.

Resident right wing warrior Frank leaped on this and boldly declared

Quote:
A muslim woman demonstrates that the hijab is not really a free choice

- apparently because taking it off makes her a target of criticism. This is perfectly consistent with standard right wing behaviour, where they run around screaming about their freedom being taken away every time their bigotry is called out and they cop some criticism for it. How many times have you heard them whinge about "we're not allowed to criticise/mock/make jokes towards [insert minority] anymore" - purely because they object to receiving criticism for their bigotry?

Thats not to say that any sort of verbal abuse is a right and should be allowed - I draw the line at incitement to violence and threats to one's safety. That does not seem to apply in this case - where the cited examples of the 'abuse' range from calling her a "sick person mentally" to calling her a "part-time Muslim".

Whats wrong with these snowflakes, that they are so precious they think it is their God-given right to not be offended or criticised?

So what is YOUR criticism of her?

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #2 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 2:02pm

Why would I criticise her Frank? All I have to say to her is good on you for choosing for yourself what to and what not to wear.

To the trolls who see fit to lecture her about what she should and shouldn't do with her own body - I have nothing but condemnation and scorn.

What was your point again?

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 2:06pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jan 7th, 2019 at 2:02pm:
To the trolls who see fit to lecture her about what she should and shouldn't do with her own body - I have nothing but condemnation and scorn.

Only the trolls? What about the elite?

"How Iran uses a compulsory hijab law to control its citizens – and why they are protesting "

https://theconversation.com/how-iran-uses-a-compulsory-hijab-law-to-control-its-...

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 2:07pm

you are funny gandi..

on the one hand we have lefties calling anyone who dares criticise a Muslim  or more so Islam....by calling them islamphobics...amongst other things......

yet here you name FRANK...who is making his usual claims....shock horror...who allows him to do that for heavens sakes..?????.... Roll Eyes

and suddenly we are all "snowflakes" whatever that means........

in other words gandi tarring all with the one brush.... Sad..

I know  both sides that do it.. Sad

but seriously how is frank inciting  violence?? with his comment.???....

I am sure the lady you refer to is not alone when it comes to mockery on the internet...

she will I am sure toughen up......its what all women have to do  if they wish to survive.......even more so if you are a UTUBE identity... Wink Wink

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 2:09pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jan 7th, 2019 at 2:02pm:
Why would I criticise her Frank? All I have to say to her is good on you for choosing for yourself what to and what not to wear.

What was your point again?

I think you want to make an issue out of nothing in particular gandi   shame on you!

bravo to that lady....I think if you have gorgeous hair show it off.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #6 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 2:12pm

Disable comments or learn to ignore

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #7 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 2:26pm

cods wrote on Jan 7th, 2019 at 2:07pm:
you are funny gandi..

on the one hand we have lefties calling anyone who dares criticise a Muslim  or more so Islam....by calling them islamphobics...amongst other things......

yet here you name FRANK...who is making his usual claims....shock horror...who allows him to do that for heavens sakes..?????.... Roll Eyes

I am sure the lady you refer to is not alone when it comes to mockery on the internet...

she will I am sure toughen up......its what all women have to do  if they wish to survive.......even more so if you are a UTUBE identity... Wink Wink

There is a clear difference here cods, and I'm surprised you don't see it.

Calling someone an Islamophobe for criticising Islam or whatever says nothing about the right to criticise Islam. There is no "...and you should be banned from being an Islamophobe" attached to the labelling of someone as an Islamophobe.

Frank on the other hand is claiming that because of the criticism this woman is receiving, taking off the hijab is somehow "not really a free choice" for muslim women. Just like every right wing nut seems to have the same cry about having their God-given freedom to mock and be offensive towards any minority stripped away - simply because they don't like the criticism they receive when they do so.

Quote:

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 3:08pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jan 7th, 2019 at 2:26pm:
you are funny gandi..

Calling someone an Islamophobe for criticising Islam or whatever says nothing about the right to criticise Islam. There is no "...and you should be banned from being an Islamophobe" attached to the labelling of someone as an Islamophobe.

Frank on the other hand is claiming that because of the criticism this woman is receiving, taking off the hijab is somehow "not really a free choice" for muslim women. Just like every right wing nut seems to have the same cry about having their God-given freedom to mock and be offensive towards any minority stripped away - simply because they don't like the criticism they receive when they do so.

how do you know what her reasons for removing it are?????????.....

your take on things seem rather extreme to me gandi...

if anyone get criticised it the West and Western people..

if you look at any discrimination laws anywhere   they all favour minority groups......and leave westerners to fight for themselves.......

give us a break gandi frank only speaks for him self.....same with nitwits who have nothing better to do that typoe nasty comments.....why give them more air space than they already get???????? Angry Angry

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jan 8th, 2019 at 2:30pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jan 7th, 2019 at 2:26pm:
you are funny gandi..

Muslims are trying to criminalise 'Islamophobia'.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print