Nukes (Read 8734 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Nukes
Reply #60 - Jan 15th, 2019 at 12:51pm

Quote:
Are you seriously suggesting that it will be inevitable that muslims and/or tinpot dictators will develop the means to literally wipe out humanity with nukes - when all the world's most powerful nations will be united in stopping them - backed with more than enough conventional firepower to wipe them off the map if they so desired?

They would inevitably try. I would like to repeat that I am not accusing Muslims of being rational. But even so, I would not like to be in a war with Muslims or anyone else where they had all the nukes they could slap together and we limited ourselves to conventional weapons.

Quote:
I used to shoot at rabbits and foxes (don't think I ever hit one though) and euthenise sheep with them. Yes, I was being hyperbolic as you can obviously use guns for hunting and target practice - but they are not essential.

So you want to eradicate guns from the world, because their only purpose is killing people hyperbolically, and all the people who actually use guns for other means, despite them apparently not being as effective as alternatives, can just find another way?

How would you put down an injured race horse without a gun?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #61 - Jan 15th, 2019 at 2:24pm

freediver wrote on Jan 15th, 2019 at 12:51pm:
They would inevitably try. I would like to repeat that I am not accusing Muslims of being rational. But even so, I would not like to be in a war with Muslims or anyone else where they had all the nukes they could slap together and we limited ourselves to conventional weapons.

Oh so now they would merely *TRY*? Previously you said they would definitely succeed. Is this you actually conceding my point that it would be practically impossible for a bunch of irrational muslims, deprived of any outside expertise or assistance, to develop a viable nuclear weapons program that would pose even remotely the same threat to humanity that the American and Russian aresenals and technology to delivery them - currently does?

Have you abandoned your ridiculous idea that muslims could destroy the world with a bunch of trucks loaded with nukes (LOL!) - just as easily as Trump could with his finger on the button? I certainly hope so.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #62 - Jan 15th, 2019 at 2:30pm

Oh gee I don't know FD - there *LITERALLY* is no other way other than a gun - right??

Cheesy

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #63 - Jan 15th, 2019 at 7:31pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jan 15th, 2019 at 2:30pm:

Oh gee I don't know FD - there *LITERALLY* is no other way other than a gun - right??

Cheesy

That was the question Gandalf. You cannot evade a horse to death.

Quote:
Oh so now they would merely *TRY*?

I cannot guarantee they would succeed. This is a hypothetical remember. Perhaps they would abandon Islam and become civilised societies.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #64 - Jan 16th, 2019 at 5:28am

freediver wrote on Jan 15th, 2019 at 7:31pm:
I cannot guarantee they would succeed.

You did before. You are now backpeddling because you know how absurd is the notion that irrational terrorists trying to coordinate thousands of trucks with dirty bombs in all corners of the globe (LOL!) presents at least as great a threat to the human race as Trump with his finger on the button. Don't worry, I'd be backpeddling too if I started out with such an idiotic contention.

freediver wrote on Jan 15th, 2019 at 7:31pm:
That was the question Gandalf. You cannot evade a horse to death

Well you got me there FD. I guess we are just stuck with guns then - for the sake of suffering racehourses. There simply is no other way  Cheesy

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #65 - Jan 16th, 2019 at 7:49pm

Quote:
You did before. You are now backpeddling because you know how absurd is the notion that irrational terrorists trying to coordinate thousands of trucks with dirty bombs in all corners of the globe (LOL!)

Are you invoking the inbred retard argument?

Who said anything about dirty bombs?

And why did you go from 100s to 1000s?

Quote:
Well you got me there FD. I guess we are just stuck with guns then - for the sake of suffering racehourses. There simply is no other way

There are plenty of other ways in which reality will make a fool of you if you start telling people there are more convenient alternatives to guns. I don't want to rush you, seeing as it took so long to dawn on you that people use guns for more than just killing people. So let's stick with the horse example. Perhaps you will shock us all and demonstrate this is not some idiotic, naive fantasy.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #66 - Jan 16th, 2019 at 8:09pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 7th, 2019 at 9:57pm:
Bobby. wrote on Jan 7th, 2019 at 2:49pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jan 7th, 2019 at 1:54pm:
Bobby. wrote on Jan 7th, 2019 at 11:55am:
But the Israelis are the good guys.

Sure of that Bobby?  I wonder what the Palestinians think about that?  Mmmm?    Roll Eyes

Who would you rather trust with an atom bomb -

the Israelis or the Palestinians?

Israel has held the threat of nuclear annihilation over the heads of Arab nations.   Does that fit in well with your description of them as the "good guys"?   Roll Eyes

Palestinians would use nuclear weapons against Israel and their allies without much hesitation. The only hesitation would be "when to launch?" for targets that they have probably already selected.
I don't like Israel all that much either. But I would trust them over many other nuclear powers. Bad enough that Iran has nuclear weapons.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #67 - Jan 16th, 2019 at 8:32pm

freediver wrote on Jan 16th, 2019 at 7:49pm:
Are you invoking the inbred retard argument?

Who said anything about dirty bombs?

And why did you go from 100s to 1000s?

Because I don't think you can blow up the world or destroy civilization with 'hundreds' of nuclear laden trucks. Seems unlikely anyway. Almost as unlikely as the idea of irrational muslims somehow managing the logistical challenge of coordinating thousands of nukes in trucks in order to destroy civilization - and nothing or no one managing to stop them. And it was you who suggested they would necessarily be irrational, not me.

Also dirty bombs is about the maximum I credit "irrational muslims" of managing to come up with. But of course hundreds, let alone thousands getting successfully loaded on to trucks, completely incident free, without anyone noticing, is well and trully in the realm of fantasy.

And apparently you're still clinging on to the hilarious idea that the above fantasy is somehow as great a threat as Donald Trump with his finger on the button - yes?

freediver wrote on Jan 16th, 2019 at 7:49pm:
So let's stick with the horse example. Perhaps you will shock us all and demonstrate this is not some idiotic, naive fantasy.

Using the bizarre and random example of the suffering injured racing horse to somehow make the case that we need guns seems like a pretty good definition of some idiotic naive fantasy. Well, completely nonsensical, at least.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #68 - Jan 16th, 2019 at 8:46pm

Quote:
Because I don't think you can blow up the world or destroy civilization with 'hundreds' of nuclear laden trucks.

Nuclear bombs, or dirty bombs? You previously said you could do it with 100s of ICBMs. Do you think trucks cannot carry the same payload as an ICBM?

How many major cities do you think you would have to destroy before people started fleeing major cities?

Quote:
Using the bizarre and random example of the suffering injured racing horse to somehow make the case that we need guns seems like a pretty good definition of some idiotic naive fantasy. Well, completely nonsensical, at least.

It was the first example I could think of, perhaps because it was closer to home. When it finally dawned on you that people used guns for other reasons, you started building yet another elaborate fantasy about there being better alternatives.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #69 - Jan 16th, 2019 at 9:06pm

freediver wrote on Jan 16th, 2019 at 8:46pm:
You previously said you could do it with 100s of ICBMs.

No FD, I specifically said thousands of ICBMs, as usual you weren't paying attention. America has around 4000 nukes - slightly fewer than Russia. I was referring very directly to the possibility of those very arsenals being deployed in a MAD scenario (Trump fires on Russia, Russia responds). And yes, the threat exists while ever those thousands of nukes exist, and while ever they are all capable of being deployed to practically any corner of the earth with the press of a button. If you're seriously trying to find an equivalent threat or worse in a "nuclear truck bomb" scenario (or as seriously as you can be with such a laughable prospect), then you really need to talk about a similar number or more trucks and nukes - and almost certainly more.

Do you think trucks cannot carry the same payload as an ICBM?

I assume they can, but there is a slight difference in delivery capability. I'm pretty sure a truck can't fly over entire oceans and continents at a speed of about 6-7km/second, with a mere press of a button. 

When it finally dawned on you that people used guns for other reasons, you started building yet another elaborate fantasy about there being better alternatives.

Sure FD, you keep telling yourself that saying there may conceivably be a viable alternative to using guns to euthenise suffering racehorses as an "elaborate fantasy" - if it really helps you.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #70 - Jan 16th, 2019 at 9:09pm

Quote:
No FD, I specifically said thousands of ICBMs, as usual you weren't paying attention.

polite_gandalf wrote on Jan 11th, 2019 at 2:43pm:
freediver wrote on Jan 10th, 2019 at 8:48pm:
What is wrong with using a plane or truck rather than an ICBM for delivery?

Doing so is not going to wipe out our entire species - obviously. Only 100s of ICBMS launched all at once (or something along those lines) could ever do that.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #71 - Jan 17th, 2019 at 8:05am

That was not my original statement FD. Hundreds of US or Russian nukes could indeed wipe out civilization, but the actual threat faced today is far worse than that. Current US and Russian arsenals are both in the thousands - all of which could presumably be launched at any moment. And if you are going to come up with a doomsday scenario involving irrational muslims with trucks that is at least as much a threat to the current threat posed by the US, Russian etc arsenals - then you oubviously need, at the very minimum an equivalent number of nukes.

Thus my *FIRST* question I posed to you:

Quote:
Furthermore, are you serious there is no difference in terms of the logistics and practicalities between pressing a button to literally fire thousands of nuke carrying ICBMs at Russia (I assume its technically feasible), who in turn will respond by pressing another button to fire thousands of nuke carrying ICBMs back - and thereby probably wiping out our species..... and somehow managing the same level of destruction with freaking trucks???

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #72 - Jan 17th, 2019 at 12:35pm

Quote:
That was not my original statement FD.

I could not find any earlier ones.

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #73 - Jan 17th, 2019 at 1:56pm

Quote:
qur'an 3.151: We shall cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve because they ascribe unto Allah partners, for which no warrant hath been revealed. Their habitation is the Fire, and hapless the abode of the wrong-doers.

qur'an 3.169: And never think of those who have been killed in the cause of allah as dead. Rather, they are alive with their Lord, receiving provision,

qur'an 4.74: Let those fight in the cause of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the cause of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward.

Gee silly me thinking that because their *holy book* tells them that allah will cast terror into the hearts of non-believers, that muslims killed in the cause of allah are not really dead, that muslims who commit suicide while fighting the enemies of allah are receiving a great reward, I actually thought that muslims would have  no conscience about simply destroying as many infidels as possible with a nuclear device if they had access to one, even if it meant losing their own life.

No hang on I've got over my self doubts:

Keep nukes as far away as possible from allahs' chosen people.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #74 - Jan 21st, 2019 at 2:38pm

You know, it's interesting the concentration on Iran getting the bomb, particularly when Pakistan, an avowedly Islamic nation has possessed the bomb for over 20 years...

It is interesting how the Islamophobes overlook that little fact, all the time, isn't it?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11
Send Topic Print