Send Topic Print
Nukes (Read 8736 times)
issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Re: Nukes
Reply #45 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 11:44am

It's pretty obvious why there has not been a nuclear war since Hiroshima. The nuclear powers realise what a catastrophe such an exchange would be. The West, China, and India do not have a death wish. That cannot be said of Islam. Even the Pakistani nuclear arsenal is under the control of the secular institution.

Those officers and ministers may pay lip-service to Mohammedanism, but they don't share the death wish of the rag-head fanatics in the street, who believe the same bullshit the Ayatollahs and Gandalf believe.

And then there is Israel.

Never mind that the radiation would be in their own backyard. Brian Ross (he wants you to know he's a doctor of divinity) states as fact that Israel is holding its Arab neighbours hostage with the threat of nuclear attack. Israel has never threatened nuclear war. Ross DD is a liar.

But he will respond by saying (like Gandalf) everyone knows Israel has a nuclear arsenal. You see how such statement twists the truth? In one sentence, Israel become the aggressor, when if fact the Arabs have sworn time and again, in their typical hot-head manner, that they will annihilate Israel.

But that does not matter to Ross DD, because he is pro-Arab, and anti-Israel. Which would be OK if he'd admit which side he's on. But, like Gandalf, he uses pseudo-progressive language to give the impression he is objective. If the nuclear powers allow such weapons to be developed by Islamic religious ratbags, they would be arming the suicidal enemy of pluralism, multiculturalism, secularism, and democracy (that is unless they can get enough Islamic ratbags into a democratic country.)

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #46 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 11:51am

issuevoter wrote on Jan 11th, 2019 at 11:44am:
It's pretty obvious why there has not been a nuclear war since Hiroshima. The nuclear powers realise what a catastrophe such an exchange would be. The West, China, and India do not have a death wish. That cannot be said of Islam. Even the Pakistani nuclear arsenal is under the control of the secular institution.

Those officers and ministers may pay lip-service to Mohammedanism, but they don't share the death wish of the rag-head fanatics in the street, who believe the same bullshit the Ayatollahs and Gandalf believe.

Never mind that the radiation would be in their own backyard. Brian Ross (he wants you to know he's a doctor of divinity) states as fact that Israel is holding its Arab neighbours hostage with the threat of nuclear attack. Israel has never threatened nuclear war. Ross DD is a liar.

But he will respond by saying (like Gandalf) everyone knows Israel has a nuclear arsenal. You see how such statement twists the truth? In one sentence, Israel become the aggressor, when if fact the Arabs have sworn time and again, in their typical hot-head manner, that they will annihilate Israel.

But that does not matter to Ross DD, because he is pro-Arab, and anti-Israel. Which would be OK if he'd admit which side he's on. But, like Gandalf, he uses pseudo-progressive language to give the impression he is objective. If the nuclear powers allow such weapons to be developed by Islamic religious ratbags, they would be arming the suicidal enemy of pluralism, multiculturalism, secularism, and democracy (that is unless they can get enough Islamic ratbags into a democratic country.)

You think that if the Arabs throw lots of rocks at Israel they wouldn't respond with a nuke?

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 12:03pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Jan 11th, 2019 at 11:51am:
issuevoter wrote on Jan 11th, 2019 at 11:44am:

You think that if the Arabs throw lots of rocks at Israel they wouldn't respond with a nuke?

Spot

The Arabs  are doing just that and Israel is not nuking anyone. You have to be total nobsocket to hint at the possibility. Must be the missing half-brain, Spot, old halfwit.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #48 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 12:07pm

So somehow Israel acquiring nukes as a defence strategy against neighbouring Muslim nations who repeatedly declare their wish to destroy Israel, and occasionally attempt to follow through, transforms into Israel holding them hostage.

It seems Spot, Brian etc have internalised the Islamic victimhood complex, whereby we are doing them some kind of injustice if they are not allowed free reign to rape and pillage as their religion requires.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #49 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 2:43pm

freediver wrote on Jan 10th, 2019 at 8:48pm:
What is wrong with using a plane or truck rather than an ICBM for delivery?

Doing so is not going to wipe out our entire species - obviously. Only 100s of ICBMS launched all at once (or something along those lines) could ever do that.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #50 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 9:59pm

Quote:
Doing so is not going to wipe out our entire species - obviously. Only 100s of ICBMS launched all at once (or something along those lines) could ever do that.

The species not going to be wiped out Gandalf. That is hyperbole. Civilisation perhaps.

Are you suggesting that Muslims or some other tinpot dictator could not get their hands on 100s of planes or trucks?

The real threat of ICBM's is the finger on the trigger. They can be unleashed quite easily, even as the result of a mistake or confusion, as hollywood is eager to point out. But Muslim nutcases bringing about the end times with a carefully planned, but low tech nuclear Armageddon would be just as plausible, if you got your way. Or even trying to build a global Caliphate by breaking the spine of any nation that stands up to them.
« Last Edit: Jan 11th, 2019 at 10:04pm by freediver »  

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #51 - Jan 12th, 2019 at 7:51am

If Israel nukes Iran

OR

Iran nukes Israel

Both will die.

Unless the wind stops.... Cheesy

And how many others will be affected...!?

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #52 - Jan 14th, 2019 at 7:39am

freediver wrote on Jan 11th, 2019 at 9:59pm:
The real threat of ICBM's is the finger on the trigger. They can be unleashed quite easily, even as the result of a mistake or confusion, as hollywood is eager to point out. But Muslim nutcases bringing about the end times with a carefully planned, but low tech nuclear Armageddon would be just as plausible

Nonsense. The two scenarios are not even in the same universe. Donald Trump could literally wipe out mankind this afternoon - if he really wanted to. Or at the very least civilization. Your muslim nutcases will take years and years to execute their 'armegeddon', and they could easily be thwarted in about a million possible ways.

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #53 - Jan 14th, 2019 at 2:17pm

Gandalf are you conceding that there are uses for guns besides killing people?

polite_gandalf wrote on Jan 14th, 2019 at 7:39am:
freediver wrote on Jan 11th, 2019 at 9:59pm:
The real threat of ICBM's is the finger on the trigger. They can be unleashed quite easily, even as the result of a mistake or confusion, as hollywood is eager to point out. But Muslim nutcases bringing about the end times with a carefully planned, but low tech nuclear Armageddon would be just as plausible

Nonsense. The two scenarios are not even in the same universe. Donald Trump could literally wipe out mankind this afternoon - if he really wanted to. Or at the very least civilization. Your muslim nutcases will take years and years to execute their 'armegeddon', and they could easily be thwarted in about a million possible ways.

Are Muslims to stupid to coordinate 100s of trucks with bombs in them? What do you think they could manage? One truck per week?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #54 - Jan 14th, 2019 at 2:26pm

freediver wrote on Jan 14th, 2019 at 2:17pm:
Are Muslims to stupid to coordinate 100s of trucks with bombs in them? What do you think they could manage? One truck per week?

Are you serious?

Furthermore, are you serious there is no difference in terms of the logistics and practicalities between pressing a button to literally fire thousands of nuke carrying ICBMs at Russia (I assume its technically feasible), who in turn will respond by pressing another button to fire thousands of nuke carrying ICBMs back - and thereby probably wiping out our species..... and somehow managing the same level of destruction with freaking trucks???

Would you like to maybe think that one through again FD?

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #55 - Jan 14th, 2019 at 7:38pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jan 14th, 2019 at 2:26pm:

Are you serious?

Furthermore, are you serious there is no difference in terms of the logistics and practicalities between pressing a button to literally fire thousands of nuke carrying ICBMs at Russia (I assume its technically feasible), who in turn will respond by pressing another button to fire thousands of nuke carrying ICBMs back - and thereby probably wiping out our species..... and somehow managing the same level of destruction with freaking trucks???

Saying they are both plausible scenarios is not saying they are the same scenario Gandalf. True, Muslims have their own incompetence on their side, but going against them is their inclinations towards organised acts of evil. You cannot appeal to one without acknowledging the other.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #56 - Jan 14th, 2019 at 7:52pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jan 14th, 2019 at 2:26pm:

Are you serious?

The Russians and Americans have created a doomsday machine.

I consider it a crime against humanity to posses such systems.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #57 - Jan 14th, 2019 at 8:50pm

freediver wrote on Jan 14th, 2019 at 7:38pm:
Saying they are both plausible scenarios is not saying they are the same scenario Gandalf.

Right, well if you were introducing irrelevant red herrings that had nothing to do with what I was talking about - why didn't you just say so? Instead of pretending you were actually addressing my argument?

Do you actually disagree with my point that muslims running around trying to coordinate thousands of trucks with nukes (LOL) does not even remotely pose the same risk to humanity as Donald Trump pressing the button and launching his 4000 odd ICBM loaded nukes anywhere he likes around the world?

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #58 - Jan 14th, 2019 at 9:36pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jan 14th, 2019 at 8:50pm:
freediver wrote on Jan 14th, 2019 at 7:38pm:
Saying they are both plausible scenarios is not saying they are the same scenario Gandalf.

Right, well if you were introducing irrelevant red herrings that had nothing to do with what I was talking about - why didn't you just say so? Instead of pretending you were actually addressing my argument?

Do you actually disagree with my point that muslims running around trying to coordinate thousands of trucks with nukes (LOL) does not even remotely pose the same risk to humanity as Donald Trump pressing the button and launching his 4000 odd ICBM loaded nukes anywhere he likes around the world?

At the moment, no. But if we were stupid enough to follow through with your suggestion, yes.

Why has it gone from 100s to 1000s? Have you decided 1000 trucks is too many for Muslims to coordinate?

Also, have you figured out yet what people might do with a gun besides killing other people?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #59 - Jan 15th, 2019 at 9:11am

freediver wrote on Jan 14th, 2019 at 9:36pm:
At the moment, no. But if we were stupid enough to follow through with your suggestion, yes.

Are you seriously suggesting that it will be inevitable that muslims and/or tinpot dictators will develop the means to literally wipe out humanity with nukes - when all the world's most powerful nations will be united in stopping them - backed with more than enough conventional firepower to wipe them off the map if they so desired?

freediver wrote on Jan 14th, 2019 at 9:36pm:
Also, have you figured out yet what people might do with a gun besides killing other people?

I used to shoot at rabbits and foxes (don't think I ever hit one though) and euthenise sheep with them. Yes, I was being hyperbolic as you can obviously use guns for hunting and target practice - but they are not essential. Baiting, trapping and fumigating is far more effective to control rabbits and foxes, and farmers can easily be supplied with injections to euthenise suffering stock. The Port Arthur reforms have drastically restricted gun access for the average Australian - and thank God. We used to permanently keep a .22 rifle in our ute, and the shotgun (a semi-automatic to boot) sitting in the kitchen in case Dad spotted a starling or sparrow out the back - was a near permanent feature. Guns were just part of my childhood, and I thought nothing of them. Now I shudder in disbelief thinking back to that time. Especially that ancient .22 Lithgow with the dodgy pin. And like many farmers, I was incensed when the gun laws were introduced after Port Arthur, but now I just say "thank God". They weren't just laws, it changed our whole culture. Its no longer acceptable to just dismiss guns as part of the furniture. They are deadly dangerous killing machines. The gun reforms has been one of the best reforms this country has ever seen, and God willing we will soon get to the stage where we no longer think its acceptable to have *ANY* guns in society. Port Arthur took us more than half way in that journey - thats how much we've progressed.

Quote:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
Send Topic Print