Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: The Wall.
Reply #225 - Jan 13th, 2019 at 11:05pm

Dnarever wrote on Jan 13th, 2019 at 7:23pm:
Jasin wrote on Jan 13th, 2019 at 5:29pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 13th, 2019 at 5:24pm:
Jasin wrote on Jan 13th, 2019 at 5:21pm:
Mexicans show more loyalty to Chinese, Phillipinos and other 'Asian' races - than to their 'fellow North Americans' like Yanks and Canucks.

And some, I assume, are good people.

Oh its a miracle!  Shocked
GP finally got something right.
Yep - 'some' Mexicans are good people.
But the 'vast majority' are not.
...and those 'some good people' are not the ones in power either. They are probably the ones down on the 'southern border' with Central America - where it is peaceful and 'good'.

I have found that between about 94% and 97% of any race are made up of good people. The Mexicans would be no different. In fact better than many.
Well thats obviously not true, if this was the case then all countries would have uniform crime rates. they dont, certain types of offending and violent behaviours are much higher in particular cultures.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #226 - Jan 14th, 2019 at 1:31am

longweekend58 wrote on Jan 13th, 2019 at 5:01pm:
Frank wrote on Jan 13th, 2019 at 4:56pm:
longweekend58 wrote on Jan 13th, 2019 at 1:27pm:
During the GFC, illegal immigration dropped drastically because going to America to be unemployed was worse than being in Mexico on very low wages. The immigration problem is largely an economic one. As Mexico's economy and standard of living rises - and it has over the lat 2 decades - illegal immigration slows down. This has been demonstrated repeatedly. American Car companies are doing more to reduce illegal immigration by giving Mexican well-paying jobs... in mexico.

Instead of a wall, invest in the mexican economy. It will not only pay for itself, but it will actually work.

For a fervent lefty prog you are a remarkably dry economic rationalist just to paper over illegal immigration which, of course, hurts those at the bottom of the social ladder. But never mind, to be a prog means to live in perpetual contradictions.

Thinking I am a leftie shows just how idiotic you are. Being to the left of the GOP doesnt make you left since there are almost no paces FURTHER to the right than them.

Dan Rather actually believed he was an unbiased Newsman with middle of the road values but his actions proved he was a shameless Leftist. So much so that he destroyed his career knowing that George Bush was never AWOL from the Air National Guard but reporting it as if it were fact.

Yes, you are a Leftist with no concept of personal freedom. Even the GOP is to the left of "personal freedom"! As long as you know where you rank in the pecking order and follow the rules you think you are free. Hoping for rules to control the actions of others just because that is how you think society should work is Leftist! If you think this bizarro  world we now live in and have for the last couple of decades is normal it is no wonder you think as you do.

Embrace what you are proudly!

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

Richdude
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NC
Reply #227 - Jan 14th, 2019 at 1:32am

Dnarever wrote on Jan 13th, 2019 at 7:23pm:
Jasin wrote on Jan 13th, 2019 at 5:29pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 13th, 2019 at 5:24pm:
Jasin wrote on Jan 13th, 2019 at 5:21pm:
Mexicans show more loyalty to Chinese, Phillipinos and other 'Asian' races - than to their 'fellow North Americans' like Yanks and Canucks.

And some, I assume, are good people.

Oh its a miracle!  Shocked
GP finally got something right.
Yep - 'some' Mexicans are good people.
But the 'vast majority' are not.
...and those 'some good people' are not the ones in power either. They are probably the ones down on the 'southern border' with Central America - where it is peaceful and 'good'.

I have found that between about 94% and 97% of any race are made up of good people. The Mexicans would be no different. In fact better than many.

Ah - that's so nice!

We are talking about a wall - about the US's obvious right to have and defend those borders.

You crazy left SOB's are so blinded by your hatred of Trump that you ignore common sense in your arguments.

BUILD THE bugger*** WALL!

The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.”

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #228 - Jan 14th, 2019 at 8:07am

For such a major spend, such a major project, not only in terms of the size of the constructions but what is means for the country as a whole internally and on the international stage, you need to clearly articulate the issue, identify the contributing factors, identify what impact in this case the Wall will have on these factors vs the outcome you want and the costs involved both initial and ongoing.

It's basic project management.  If you want to applaud Trump because he'll run the country, he needs to do this.

The problem is, as we've seen, Trump and his supporters attempts at doing this have been fraught with obvious lies and made up statistics and numbers.

He's relying on feels not reals.

You can't base something so massive off such deceit.

Rich, you're trying to justify this by claiming the wall will fix the problems you've mentioned, but it won't.  Even if you ignore the type of wall, the cost of the wall, how easily it's tunnelled under or climbed over, it still doesn't target the cause of say the drug issues or even the illegal entry issues.

And as for the claims of terrorism, more terrorists have entered illegally from the Canadian border than the southern.

Where is the Northern wall?

If you think the wall must be built you'll need to prove a factual reason why, and so far you to have been all about feels not reals.

If you'd just be honest and tell the truth, the wall was never expected to be built but now it's become so political that Trump's future depends on it, at least we could start a proper debate on the issue.

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

The Wall can be built without Congress' approval
Reply #229 - Jan 14th, 2019 at 8:53am

Your "Major Spend" / "Major Project" isn't very Major at all, the USA has got some very deep pockets.......especially the United States Military.

As I stated earlier, President Trump can bypass Congress by declaring an emergency (they would need a majority vote in both Houses to override any such declaration  by the President.....& being the Republicans are in the Majority it's doubtful they can muster up a vote to override in the Senate).

Then being the US President is the Commander-in-Chief of ALL the Armed Forces, he can go to the Pentagon ..... the Department of Defense (a logical place to borrow/commandeer cash for defending America's Border) after he declares the emergency, & commandeer all they need from the Military's discretionary spending account, which has already been approved for discretionary spending in 2019. The Military has over $700 Billion in that account so $5-$25 billion would be a small sliver of cake, & probably not even missed. Then use the Military itself to build the Wall (the Army Corps of Engineers....etc) out of any material they want, in much shorter time than it would take if undertaken by the Private Sector. Imagine the groundswell of qualified American volunteers/patriots you'd get to work with the Military to help build such a wonderful project! 

PS......They can get the money for the wall from the "wet back fried bean eaters" over the next few years/decade or so, if they want, by force or voluntarily if they really want to....who cares.....the wall will be up & protecting the Border by that time, so the point of who pays/already paid would be completely
immaterial at that point......  Wink
« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2019 at 9:10am by Panther »  

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #230 - Jan 14th, 2019 at 10:45am

All you ever do is talk about what Trump can or can't do... Why doesn't he just do it and stop shutting down the Government?!

If he has a solution, why isn't he using it?

Your bullshit excuse only proves he doesn't give a bugger about the wall, border security, it's just political because he's starting to crumble now that his negotiating skills are being shown to be crap.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Re: The Wall can be built without Congress' approval
Reply #231 - Jan 14th, 2019 at 10:51am

Panther wrote on Jan 14th, 2019 at 8:53am:
"wet back fried bean eaters"

You're a real piece of poo... I don't know why I bother to politely respond to you sometimes.

Eat a dick bugger head.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #232 - Jan 14th, 2019 at 10:57am

SadKangaroo wrote on Jan 14th, 2019 at 10:45am:
All you ever do is talk about what Trump can or can't do... Why doesn't he just do it and stop shutting down the Government?!

Your bullshit excuse only proves he doesn't give a bugger about the wall, border security, it's just political because he's starting to crumble now that his negotiating skills are being shown to be crap.

I think there is a lot of

EACH SIDE TRYING TO SHOW UP THE OTHER SIDE 

involved in this..

$5 bn is peanuts to the yanks..the Demons did go along with the wall in the past.....now its digging in because it can....... and they claim this is best for the country... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

please tell them all this bullshite of putting ones had on their heart as their  flag is raised is just that all !!!!crap.....

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #233 - Jan 14th, 2019 at 11:48am

cods wrote on Jan 14th, 2019 at 10:57am:
SadKangaroo wrote on Jan 14th, 2019 at 10:45am:

I think there is a lot of

EACH SIDE TRYING TO SHOW UP THE OTHER SIDE 

involved in this..

$5 bn is peanuts to the yanks..the Demons did go along with the wall in the past.....now its digging in because it can....... and they claim this is best for the country... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

please tell them all this bullshite of putting ones had on their heart as their  flag is raised is just that all !!!!crap.....

If $5bill was all it would take to build the entire wall and have it resolve the issues Trump claims it will, without needing to spend another penny, do it.

Hold Trump to account for not having Mexico pay for it, but get it done.

The problem is, the justifications put forward won't be fixed with the Wall.

To make sure the wall is effective on the areas of actual border crossings, it will cost more than what Trump is asking for, OR it won't work.

Reals, not feels.

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #234 - Jan 14th, 2019 at 11:53am

SadKangaroo wrote on Jan 14th, 2019 at 10:51am:

You're a real piece of poo... I don't know why I bother to politely respond to you sometimes.

Eat a dick bugger head.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  ......   ...

Oh, & as if you didn't already know.....as some of your "friends" already do......that I don't care a hoot about being called that antiquated & meaningless term "Racist".

25 - 35 years ago it could have gotten the hair on the back of my red neck up a tiny bit, but today, because the term is so meaningless, feel free to use it freely.......most all the other Leftists on this lil forum do (AFAIK because I have some on IGNORE)......you won't hurt my feelings none.........  Wink
« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2019 at 11:59am by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #235 - Jan 14th, 2019 at 11:55am

Panther wrote on Jan 14th, 2019 at 11:53am:
SadKangaroo wrote on Jan 14th, 2019 at 10:51am:

Eat a dick bugger head.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  http://33sm.net16.net/smileys/lolfun.gifhttp://33sm.net16.net/smileys/big%20laugh%20007.gif   http://33sm.net16.net/smileys/taunt.gif

Oh, & as if you didn't already know.....as some of your "friends" already do......that I don't care a hoot about being called that antiquated & meaningless term "Racist".

25 years ago it could have gotten the hair on the back of my red neck up a tiny bit, but today, because the term is so meaningless, feel free to use it freely.......most all the others on this lil forum do......you won't hurt my feelings none.........  Wink

Do you believe that you are a racist, though?

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #236 - Jan 14th, 2019 at 12:08pm

See Kang, now yer pal GrotesquePeccory may have just called me that, or much, much worse.....

I actually don't know 'cuz I have him on my personal Ignore ... ....& I don't see his posts........

But do I care one way or another.......nope, not a bit...  Grin Grin Grin

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #237 - Jan 14th, 2019 at 12:57pm

From an email I just received from the US

"Also, as I said yesterday, and as is being reported, many Democrat politicians are distancing themselves from S[i]chumer and Pelosi -- for their own political survival.   In his address, Trump asked people to call their members of Congress.   PEOPLE DID JUST THAT!   I'm sure voters burned up the phone lines to D.C.!   I'm sure that is exactly why many Democrats are changing their minds.   Washington lives, eats, and breathes polls; which is why the MSM goes to such length to skew polling.   BUT, the MSM could not 'skew' the phone calls and Democrats were listening -- CLOSELY!   

As I have repeatedly said, "Trump will win this fight - Oren
"

As well as the above, polls are showing 70-80% of Americans agree with Trump
(This is the same majority in polls in Australia for stopping boat people, who were eventually stopped)

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #238 - Jan 14th, 2019 at 12:58pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Jan 14th, 2019 at 12:57pm:
From an email I just received from the US

"Also, as I said yesterday, and as is being reported, many Democrat politicians are distancing themselves from S[i]chumer and Pelosi -- for their own political survival.   In his address, Trump asked people to call their members of Congress.   PEOPLE DID JUST THAT!   I'm sure voters burned up the phone lines to D.C.!   I'm sure that is exactly why many Democrats are changing their minds.   Washington lives, eats, and breathes polls; which is why the MSM goes to such length to skew polling.   BUT, the MSM could not 'skew' the phone calls and Democrats were listening -- CLOSELY!   

As I have repeatedly said, "Trump will win this fight - Oren
"

As well as the above, polls are showing 70-80% of Americans agree with Trump
(This is the same majority in polls in Australia for stopping boat people, who were eventually stopped)

Which polls?

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #239 - Jan 14th, 2019 at 1:16pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jan 14th, 2019 at 12:58pm:
Which polls?

CBS

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 40