Pages: 1 2 3 ... 40
Send Topic Print
The Wall. (Read 29870 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

The Wall.
Jan 6th, 2019 at 5:55pm

My thinking on this is getting more and more acute as the blame game is played in the US.  Nah.  Far kit.

No-one denies that Trump said that he "we" will build this Wall...and Mexico would pay for it. 

An election promise.  He gets elected.  So, farq me Donald, go and build the bloody Wall you promised America.  Pay for it yourself Donald, if you have to.  It seems it is no longer going to be 'concrete' but it will be a barrier, now a steel one.  Who cares Donald?

Get on with what you said you would do and build the bloody thing.

You had TWO FAR KING YEARS controlling the three levels of Government, and no Wall.

Only now, after you lost control of the House, do you get all ansty and suddenly decide that you, personally can't fund it, the Mexicans aren't going to pay for it.....and so you arsehole, you cause...yes you, Donald YOU.....almost a million Americans not to get paid.

This is at your feet Donald.  No-one else's.   The Donkeys allowed you to mouth off in your grand brivado, some of the Elephants were not at your shoulder committed as you say they were.

So, back off wanker.  You lose.  Stop blaming everyone else because you...YOU...can't produce what you...YOU PROMISED America.  Not once did you ever put a caveat on it.  You marched on .....WE WILL BUILD THE WALL AND MEXICO WILL PAY FOR IT.  Okay, get on with it Donald.  Your promise is not at the feet of the Donkeys or all Elephants.

Farq you, Donald.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Re: The Wall.
Reply #1 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 6:03pm

He does not 'want' to Build the Wall.
He 'has' to Build the Wall.
He would rather Mexico and its President actually do something about their own country - so the Wall doesn't have to be Built.
It's not just a Last Resort for Trump, but its also a potential 'Bluff' card against Mexico.

"Hey - fix your country up or we'll bill you for a Wall!"

That's why its taken a few years, plus obvious Media opposition.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #2 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 6:06pm

Would a wall stop missiles like half full bottles of creaming soda which send cabbies into a violent child pinning rage?

IBI

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 6:16pm

Gordon wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 6:06pm:
Would a wall stop missiles like half full bottles of creaming soda which send cabbies into a violent child pinning rage?

Cabbies are over-weight from sitting on the bums all day. The Wall would stop them from big-handling kids.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

The Reboot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

None of your damn business
Reply #4 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 6:23pm

Why do you care so much, Aussie?

It's in the US, on the other side of the world and has no bearing on you down here.

Unless you're one of those Australians who think Trump is the president here.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 6:24pm

The Zombies from Mexico will climb over the Wall anyway.
Just like in the movie with Bradd Pitt: World War Z

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #6 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 6:26pm

Jasin wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 6:16pm:
Gordon wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 6:06pm:

Cabbies are over-weight from sitting on the bums all day. The Wall would stop them from big-handling kids.

Maybe they should pay Indians to guard the border Smiley

IBI

IP Logged

The Reboot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

None of your damn business
Reply #7 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 6:27pm

Jasin wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 6:24pm:
The Zombies from Mexico will climb over the Wall anyway.
Just like in the movie with Bradd Pitt: World War Z

Or the white walkers in Game of Thrones.

Though in this case they'd be "brown walkers".

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #8 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 6:29pm

Yes Gordo - the India v Pakistan/Bangladesh WAR will start from that very spot where they are cheering in hope that it does so.
God knows what those 'Rooster' dancing hats will do when the Nukes come their way.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #9 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 6:31pm

Jasin wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 6:29pm:
Yes Gordo - the India v Pakistan/Bangladesh WAR will start from that very spot where they are cheering in hope that it does so.
God knows what those 'Rooster' dancing hats will do when the Nukes come their way.

They're good at deflecting half full bottles of creaming soda  Cheesy

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #10 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 6:32pm

Do you reckon the high leg lift is intended so they can check out each others junk?

IBI

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #11 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 6:40pm

Aussie wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 5:55pm:
You had TWO FAR KING YEARS controlling the three levels of Government, and no Wall.

One wonders why when Trump had control of all three levels of Government why he waited until he lost control of Congress to shut down Government and issue an ultimatum....This has political stunt written all over it....What sort of person deprives workers of a wage over Christmas and New Year to try and blackmail Congress to do his bidding....The Democrats never promised a wall???

Huh Huh Huh

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #12 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 6:47pm

Trump is shrewd. He has Harkonnen blood in his veins.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #13 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 5:20am

philperth2010 wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 6:40pm:
Aussie wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 5:55pm:

One wonders why when Trump had control of all three levels of Government why he waited until he lost control of Congress to shut down Government and issue an ultimatum....

In reply to another brilliant "Rich" post...

SadKangaroo wrote on Jan 5th, 2019 at 8:44am:
Take his actions on the Wall/Fence.

He made claims during the campaign about building a wall, that it would not only be effective but resolve the issue 100% and Mexico would pay for it all.  The problem is, he just made it up, all of it, without any consultation, planning, costing or negotiations with Mexico. 

A typical Trump promise.  Tell the people what they want to hear, get what you want from them then abandon your side of the deal.

This is Trump's business and political life in a nutshell.

Now he is being held to account he and his supporters have to "reinterpret" what he meant. 

The wall that would span the entire border, manned, monitored, and even electrified, is now a fence.  Just a fence.  Not even across the entire border. 

And funding, well Mexico paying has now been abandoned and "reinterpreted" to mean the USA gets a better deal on NAFTA in the USMCA that Mexico is pretty much paying, yeah?

Even though, that's not even true.

Oh but wait, that's been exposed so now they're going to steal money going back to Mexico, the USMCA agreement and trade, in general, be damned?

And all this time, these nearly 2 years, Trump could have put the bills forward to find the wall assuming he'd get an IOU from Mexico, but he didn't.

He kept it alive for the Midterms to use as a political tool, and now he waits until the Dems have control before putting a vote forward.

These are the actions of someone who made a promise he could never deliver, doubled down on it time and time again just waiting for a chance to blame someone else for why it won't ever become a reality when it is his fault the entire time, firstly for proposing such a stupid, ineffective end expensive policy, then being too proud, stubborn and controlled by his ego to admit his mistake and propose an actual solution to the issue.

But Trump did none of that.  Instead his supporters so desperate to hide from that truth spawn multiple conspiracies to allow them to think Trump is still doing the lords works, but it's just hidden and behind the scenes with the lack of evidence only being more proof that the conspiracy is true!

Nah mate, nah.  Open both eyes and just accept the truth.

Trump's wall was and is never going to happen.  If he doesn't abandon it entirely, it will be used again as an election issue in 2020 but after that, it still won't be built UNLESS he backs down from the claim of Mexico paying for it, which would be yet another embarrassing back down for the liar in chief.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 6:32am

sad, sad, sad....yet again you speak foolishly.

lets look at this from inside the workings of the Donalds massive brain.

scenario 1....i build the wall and then i'm toast because i dont really have any other policies.

scenario 2 ... i turn this into a god awful mess and have leftie constantly attacking me for trying to build it and i can tweet day after day about how the lefties are obstructing it and how they favour immigrant workers stealing jobs and unvetted criminals coming to their neighbourhood.

understanding this, what sort of a retard would ever want the wall built.

its just a gold mine of votes for the donald and , again (yawn), all available to him due to the lack of skill of his political opponents.

when will the left wake up  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 40
Send Topic Print