Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
UK Army wants: millennials, snowflakes, zombies (Read 3223 times)
Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
UK Army wants: millennials, snowflakes, zombies
Jan 4th, 2019 at 2:47pm

Grappler should rush back to the UK and fulfill all his fantasies.

Closet poms welcome.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/british-army-wants-millennials-snowflakes-phone-zo...

Quote:
British Army wants ‘millennials’, ‘snowflakes’, 'phone zombies' to pick up rifles and defend country
Greg Norman By Greg Norman | Fox News

British Army looks to recruit 'snowflakes' and 'selfie addicts'
Calling all “Binge Gamers”, “Snowflakes” and “Selfie Addicts” – lay down your controllers, stop being outraged over everything and put that photo upload on hold – instead, why not join the British Army?

Those are the kind of people Britain's armed forces are now going after in a new advertising campaign launched Thursday targeting everyone from “Class Clowns” to “Me Me Me Millennials”.

“The army sees people differently and we are proud to look beyond the stereotypes and spot the potential in young people, from compassion to self-belief,” British Army Major General Paul Nanson told Sky News.

The ad campaign, which features YouTube videos and posters modeled off the famous ‘Your Country Needs You’ slogan from the First World War, comes as Britain is struggling to recruit new soldiers.
The ad campaign, which features YouTube videos and posters modeled off the famous ‘Your Country Needs You’ slogan from the First World War, comes as Britain is struggling to recruit new soldiers. (British Army)

The ad campaign, which features YouTube videos and posters modeled off the famous ‘Your Country Needs You’ slogan from the First World War, comes as Britain is struggling to recruit new soldiers.

A government committee was informed in October that the British Army has 77,000 fully-trained troops, below its target of 82,500. A National Audit Office report in December also revealed that nearly half of the Army’s applicants chose to drop out of the hiring process in 2017 and 2018 because it was taking up to 321 days to transition from applying to starting training, according to Sky News.

One of the new video ads shows a young supermarket worker playing with shopping carts in a parking lot instead of returning them to the designated area.

“Millennials, useless,” a man who appears to be the manager says, while looking out the window of the store.

An employee then chides the worker as she eventually puts the carts away.

The video wraps with a British Army sniper having his finger on the trigger, saying “patience, always welcome.” The text “Your Army Needs You” then flashes across the screen.

Another ad shows a boy glued to a TV set playing a video game and his father lamenting that he has been up all night doing so. “Stamina, don’t underestimate it” a voice in the ad says, praising the gamer’s dedication to battling the fantasy monsters onscreen.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Re: UK Army wants: millennials, snowflakes, zombies
Reply #1 - Jan 4th, 2019 at 3:29pm

Could bitch-slapping be introduced as a battle strategy?

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #2 - Jan 4th, 2019 at 7:59pm

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #3 - Jan 4th, 2019 at 9:02pm

General Three-Fingers Gordon could be unstoppable in such a Force de Frappe.

The three-fingers strategy of General Gordon could render the enemy defenseless with delight.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #4 - Jan 4th, 2019 at 9:06pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on Jan 4th, 2019 at 2:47pm:
Grappler should rush back to the UK and fulfill all his fantasies.

Closet poms welcome.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/british-army-wants-millennials-snowflakes-phone-zo...

Quote:
British Army wants ‘millennials’, ‘snowflakes’, 'phone zombies' to pick up rifles and defend country
Greg Norman By Greg Norman | Fox News

British Army looks to recruit 'snowflakes' and 'selfie addicts'
Calling all “Binge Gamers”, “Snowflakes” and “Selfie Addicts” – lay down your controllers, stop being outraged over everything and put that photo upload on hold – instead, why not join the British Army?

Those are the kind of people Britain's armed forces are now going after in a new advertising campaign launched Thursday targeting everyone from “Class Clowns” to “Me Me Me Millennials”.

“The army sees people differently and we are proud to look beyond the stereotypes and spot the potential in young people, from compassion to self-belief,” British Army Major General Paul Nanson told Sky News.

The ad campaign, which features YouTube videos and posters modeled off the famous ‘Your Country Needs You’ slogan from the First World War, comes as Britain is struggling to recruit new soldiers. (British Army)

A government committee was informed in October that the British Army has 77,000 fully-trained troops, below its target of 82,500. A National Audit Office report in December also revealed that nearly half of the Army’s applicants chose to drop out of the hiring process in 2017 and 2018 because it was taking up to 321 days to transition from applying to starting training, according to Sky News.

One of the new video ads shows a young supermarket worker playing with shopping carts in a parking lot instead of returning them to the designated area.

“Millennials, useless,” a man who appears to be the manager says, while looking out the window of the store.

An employee then chides the worker as she eventually puts the carts away.

The video wraps with a British Army sniper having his finger on the trigger, saying “patience, always welcome.” The text “Your Army Needs You” then flashes across the screen.

Another ad shows a boy glued to a TV set playing a video game and his father lamenting that he has been up all night doing so. “Stamina, don’t underestimate it” a voice in the ad says, praising the gamer’s dedication to battling the fantasy monsters onscreen.

I'm not from the UK, you dolt - I was born here of multi-generational ancestry that developed this nation and made it a safe haven for the likes of you... the only closet Pom in here is you..... using the White Man's products to purvey your blasphemous statements about predominantly Gaelic people with an admixture of German, and labeling them as 'Poms'....

On yer bike, darkie!  Back in the wood-pile for you, my lad!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #5 - Jan 4th, 2019 at 9:21pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 4th, 2019 at 9:06pm:
I'm not from the UK, you dolt - I was born here of multi-generational ancestry that developed this nation and made it a safe haven for the likes of you... the only closet Pom in here is you..... using the White Man's products to purvey your blasphemous statements about predominantly Gaelic people with an admixture of German, and labeling them as 'Poms'....

WTF is "multi-generational ancestry". Did it involve resurrections of cadavers for procreation purposes?

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jan 4th, 2019 at 10:16pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on Jan 4th, 2019 at 9:21pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 4th, 2019 at 9:06pm:

WTF is "multi-generational ancestry". Did it involve resurrections of cadavers for procreation purposes?

No second prizes, sonny-Jim - you're a loser... now go play with the traffic on the motorway...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Jan 4th, 2019 at 11:37pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on Jan 4th, 2019 at 9:02pm:

The three-fingers strategy of General Gordon could render the enemy defenseless with delight.

Hey. Leave General Gordon out of this.
He already did his time for the Sudanese.
Now he's trying to help the Indians clean up their own sh(i)t in Harris Park.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #8 - Jan 5th, 2019 at 12:27am

Jasin wrote on Jan 4th, 2019 at 11:37pm:
Laugh till you cry wrote on Jan 4th, 2019 at 9:02pm:

Hey. Leave General Gordon out of this.
He already did his time for the Sudanese.
Now he's trying to help the Indians clean up their own sh(i)t in Harris Park.

Three fingers Gordon moved onto the Lebanese and then quickly onto the Islanders.

The Indians have stopped pooping on Gordon's lawn because Gordon has become irrelevant.

Even Gordon's wingman-lodger, AiA,  has flown the coop.

Gordon is home alone sitting forlornly behind his gumboot hire stand with no gumboot takers in sight.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #9 - Jan 5th, 2019 at 4:53am

Sounds like the military is trying to do something about the generation of the selfies. Not sure what a snowflake is so this is prolly an american article but well they are targeting the current generation and they are pretty smart at doing it. Does anyone think those kids will be the same after a tour?

Oh - its fox

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 2:34pm

Looking for nerds to fly drones and such.... anyone can do one of countless jobs in the army... plenty of clerical positions and such.. the sharp end is the smallest component..

― John Adams

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #11 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 3:11pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 2:34pm:
Looking for nerds to fly drones and such.... anyone can do one of countless jobs in the army... plenty of clerical positions and such.. the sharp end is the smallest component..

Grappler, you would qualify to manage the esky if you don't imbibe too much.

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #12 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 3:17pm

Unfortunately when the military is persecuted for doing their job, recently in Afghanistan, Iraq and in the NI conflict, and other theatres, recruitment can't be expected to break any records. Likewise with the police service in GB..........

Dropping standards, also allowing women to join SF (if they pass selection) to resolve the situation, is NOT the answer. Selection and actual front line combat are entirely different. Passing 'Selection' is just the first step.

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #13 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 3:20pm

Fuzzball wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 3:17pm:
Unfortunately when the military is persecuted for doing their job, recently in Afghanistan, Iraq and in the NI conflict, and other theatres, recruitment can't be expected to break any records. Likewise with the police service in GB..........

Dropping standards, also allowing women to join SF (if they pass selection) to resolve the situation, is NOT the answer. Selection and actual front line combat are entirely different. Passing 'Selection' is just the first step.

Killing people on command is not the career most sane people would choose.

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #14 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 3:22pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 3:20pm:

I think fighting to protect fvkwits like you is pretty discouraging .........bungo

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #15 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 3:24pm

Fuzzball wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 3:22pm:
Laugh till you cry wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 3:20pm:

I think fighting to protect fvkwits like you is pretty discouraging .........bungo

The only fighting Fuzzball has done is with gay hookers over the price.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 3:26pm

I blame Islam.

But that's just me.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #17 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 4:02pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 3:26pm:
I blame Islam.

But that's just me.

That's right. Without Islam Fuzzball would be delighted with an oversupply of gay hookers.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 4:55pm

I blame Islam.

But that's just me.

... and the Mexicans...don't forget the Mexicans..

― John Adams

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 7:15pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 4:02pm:
I blame Islam.

But that's just me.

That's right. Without Islam Fuzzball would be delighted with an oversupply of gay hookers.

He still is, Laugh. Fuzzball, Term Dog, Xeej and all the other cunning bots still love hommersexual hookers.

They're just too cheap to pay for them. Thus, we lower the hourly rate, if that makes any sense to those in the biz.

We call this a businessman's special, as every schoolboy knows. 3 clients, get 1 free.
« Last Edit: Jan 6th, 2019 at 7:20pm by Mattyfisk »  

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #20 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 7:21pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 7:15pm:
I blame Islam.

But that's just me.

He still is, Laugh. Fuzzball, Term Dog, Xeej and all the other cunning bots still love hommersexual hookers.

They're just too cheap to pay for them. Thus, we're lower the hourly rate, if that makes any sense to those in the biz.

We call this a businessman's special, as every schoolboy knows. 3 clients, get 1 free.

Is it just you two or do all tinted twats have an obsession with perversion........just you two eh?

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #21 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 7:35pm

Modern Warfare is a NERD battlefield these days.
It is the smartest military that wins the day.
Drones, targets that can be hit from km's away, etc.
The Soldier that plays the BIG man and trains like a Sportsperson - is a thing of the past.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 9:03pm

Fuzzball wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 7:21pm:
I blame Islam.

But that's just me.

They're just too cheap to pay for them. Thus, we're lower the hourly rate, if that makes any sense to those in the biz.

Is it just you two or do all tinted twats have an obsession with perversion........just you two eh?

Not at all, Fuzzball. I distinctly recall the poster we both know and love as Mattywisk asking me to roger him.

I think I got out of that one okay, but then he crashed the board.

Remember?

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 9:07pm

I blame Islam.

But that's just me.

They're just too cheap to pay for them. Thus, we lower the hourly rate, if that makes any sense to those in the biz.

Do you have big mammary glands Kamel? also what section of the LGBTQI community do you most identify with?
Some straight answers to some straightforward questions would be good. Cheers in advance.

NB: I blame Islam as well.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 9:37pm

Johnnie wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 9:07pm:
I blame Islam.

But that's just me.

Do you have big mammary glands Kamel? also what section of the LGBTQI community do you most identify with?
Some straight answers to some straightforward questions would be good. Cheers in advance.

NB: I blame Islam as well.

I know you do, Xeej. Why did you switch over from Fuzzball?

We don't get to hear much from him these days.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #25 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 10:45pm

Karnal is a hot Brown piece of female flesh.
She bangs like a pump action shot-gun.
She isn't old school with hairy legs and armpits like white Hippies, still stuck in the past.
She is more 'Aussie' than Paki, to be honest. Even if she is 'tinted' like a brown glass door window belonging to a house from the 70's.

I'ld wrooot her

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 10:57pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 2:34pm:
you wouldnt know it to see the Anzac parades. if you ask the Vietnam vets they all fought toe to toe with the Viet cong.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 11:06pm

Jasin wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 10:45pm:
Karnal is a hot Brown piece of female flesh.
She bangs like a pump action shot-gun.
She isn't old school with hairy legs and armpits like white Hippies, still stuck in the past.
She is more 'Aussie' than Paki, to be honest. Even if she is 'tinted' like a brown glass door window belonging to a house from the 70's.

I'ld wrooot her
karmel is your common garden variety queer. Sorry to disappoint you.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #28 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 10:13pm

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Women have proved, throughout history, that they are the equals of men in combat.  Are you willing to claim that the women who fought in SOE in WWII were not as brave, if not braver, than many men?   What about the women of the NLF in Vietnam?  In Algeria, in Eritrea, in Ugunda?  There have been numerous conflicts in the 20th century alone where women have proved their worth fighting.

The real problem is that you believe in stereotypes.  Not all men qualify for military service should be ban them all from serving?  Some men are smaller than most, some are weaker, some are near-sighted, long-sighted, cross-eyed, etc.  Does that preclude them automatically from serving?  Of course bloody not, so why should having your genitals outside your body make you more qualified to fight for your country?

Bloody sexist idiots.  I've served with women in the Australian Army.  I'd stake my life on their ability to fight - indeed, in theory I did.  Time you grew up and actually got out of your mother's basement.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 10:24pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 7th, 2019 at 10:13pm:

Bloody sexist idiots.  I've served with women in the Australian Army.  I'd stake my life on their ability to fight - indeed, in theory I did.  Time you grew up and actually got out of your mother's basement.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
In theory, but not in reality. In reality women are not the same as men and handle life threatening situations badly. This political correctness is madness.

IP Logged

capitosinora
Gold Member

Australian Politics

USA Florida
Reply #30 - Jan 8th, 2019 at 11:51am

The fact is that The supreme commander of Australian army is the British Monarch (Australian Royal navy, Australian Royal air force itd).
The fact is that ASIO is just lower ranked department of MI6.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

IP Logged

Trashy_Pierre

Australian Politics

Brisbane
Reply #31 - Jan 21st, 2019 at 12:31pm

capitosinora wrote on Jan 8th, 2019 at 11:51am:
The fact is that The supreme commander of Australian army is the British Monarch (Australian Royal navy, Australian Royal air force itd).

How dare you point out the glaringly obvious? Cheesy Grin

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #32 - Jan 21st, 2019 at 12:33pm

Trashy_Pierre wrote on Jan 21st, 2019 at 12:31pm:

How dare you point out the glaringly obvious? Cheesy Grin

Even though its wrong.

The correct analogy would be ASIO is the lower ranked department of MI5, ASIS would be MI6

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #33 - Jan 21st, 2019 at 2:22pm

rhino wrote on Jan 7th, 2019 at 10:24pm:

In theory, but not in reality. In reality women are not the same as men and handle life threatening situations badly. This political correctness is madness.

In a word, bullshit.  Utter and total bullshit.   Women are as calm and as aggressive as men, even more so if the situation warrants it.   You obviously have never experienced women suffering from PMS, have you?   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #34 - Jan 21st, 2019 at 2:35pm

Mere titles, nothing more.  They are worn proudly by members of the organisations they are conferred on but in reality, they do not denote anything especially different about those organisations.

I note you didn't make the usual mistake many do of claiming that there is a "Royal Australian Army".  Just as in the UK, there is no such organisation.  Why?  Anybody able to tell me?  10 points if you can!

The Australian Government has not been beholden to the British Government since the British Government passed the Statute of Westminster (11 December 1931) and the Australian Government followed it up with it's own Adoption of the Statute of Westminster Act  (9 October 1942 (retroactive to 3 September 1939)), and this was reinforced with the Australia Act (1986) which ended all associations with the British legal system.  However, effectively Australia was divorced from UK legislation in 1901 when we became a self-governing dominion.  It just took time for the legislative framework to catch up.  Winston Churchill learnt this to his regret when he attempted to divert the Australian AIF divisions returning from the Middle-East to Burma.  Canberra objected and so after two attempts at diversion they returned to Australia, much to our benefit.

Quote:

Not since 16 March 1973, it isn't.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #35 - Jan 21st, 2019 at 2:37pm

The only thing that lets a woman down is physical strength. If they can keep up with men, then they're capable of doing the job. One question which should be asked is the reaction of men in a situation where women are threatened, do they ignore their objective just to babysit a woman?

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #36 - Jan 21st, 2019 at 2:43pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on Jan 4th, 2019 at 3:29pm:
Could bitch-slapping be introduced as a battle strategy?

In your case it would be essential..........

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #37 - Jan 21st, 2019 at 2:54pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 21st, 2019 at 2:22pm:

In a word, bullshit.  Utter and total bullshit.   Women are as calm and as aggressive as men, even more so if the situation warrants it.   You obviously have never experienced women suffering from PMS, have you?   Roll Eyes

You're not the only one who's 'served' fvvkwit, but we don't all gob off about it.......

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #38 - Jan 21st, 2019 at 8:28pm

Fuzzball wrote on Jan 21st, 2019 at 2:54pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jan 21st, 2019 at 2:22pm:

You're not the only one who's 'served' fvvkwit, but we don't all gob off about it.......

Sure could have fooled me.  So, where? When?  Let me guess, a brylcreem boy or squid?   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print