Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
UK Army wants: millennials, snowflakes, zombies (Read 3252 times)
Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
UK Army wants: millennials, snowflakes, zombies
Jan 4th, 2019 at 2:47pm

Grappler should rush back to the UK and fulfill all his fantasies.

Closet poms welcome.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/british-army-wants-millennials-snowflakes-phone-zo...

Quote:
British Army wants ‘millennials’, ‘snowflakes’, 'phone zombies' to pick up rifles and defend country
Greg Norman By Greg Norman | Fox News

British Army looks to recruit 'snowflakes' and 'selfie addicts'
Calling all “Binge Gamers”, “Snowflakes” and “Selfie Addicts” – lay down your controllers, stop being outraged over everything and put that photo upload on hold – instead, why not join the British Army?

Those are the kind of people Britain's armed forces are now going after in a new advertising campaign launched Thursday targeting everyone from “Class Clowns” to “Me Me Me Millennials”.

“The army sees people differently and we are proud to look beyond the stereotypes and spot the potential in young people, from compassion to self-belief,” British Army Major General Paul Nanson told Sky News.

The ad campaign, which features YouTube videos and posters modeled off the famous ‘Your Country Needs You’ slogan from the First World War, comes as Britain is struggling to recruit new soldiers.
The ad campaign, which features YouTube videos and posters modeled off the famous ‘Your Country Needs You’ slogan from the First World War, comes as Britain is struggling to recruit new soldiers. (British Army)

The ad campaign, which features YouTube videos and posters modeled off the famous ‘Your Country Needs You’ slogan from the First World War, comes as Britain is struggling to recruit new soldiers.

A government committee was informed in October that the British Army has 77,000 fully-trained troops, below its target of 82,500. A National Audit Office report in December also revealed that nearly half of the Army’s applicants chose to drop out of the hiring process in 2017 and 2018 because it was taking up to 321 days to transition from applying to starting training, according to Sky News.

One of the new video ads shows a young supermarket worker playing with shopping carts in a parking lot instead of returning them to the designated area.

“Millennials, useless,” a man who appears to be the manager says, while looking out the window of the store.

An employee then chides the worker as she eventually puts the carts away.

The video wraps with a British Army sniper having his finger on the trigger, saying “patience, always welcome.” The text “Your Army Needs You” then flashes across the screen.

Another ad shows a boy glued to a TV set playing a video game and his father lamenting that he has been up all night doing so. “Stamina, don’t underestimate it” a voice in the ad says, praising the gamer’s dedication to battling the fantasy monsters onscreen.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Re: UK Army wants: millennials, snowflakes, zombies
Reply #1 - Jan 4th, 2019 at 3:29pm

Could bitch-slapping be introduced as a battle strategy?

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #2 - Jan 4th, 2019 at 7:59pm

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #3 - Jan 4th, 2019 at 9:02pm

General Three-Fingers Gordon could be unstoppable in such a Force de Frappe.

The three-fingers strategy of General Gordon could render the enemy defenseless with delight.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #4 - Jan 4th, 2019 at 9:06pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on Jan 4th, 2019 at 2:47pm:
Grappler should rush back to the UK and fulfill all his fantasies.

Closet poms welcome.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/british-army-wants-millennials-snowflakes-phone-zo...

Quote:
British Army wants ‘millennials’, ‘snowflakes’, 'phone zombies' to pick up rifles and defend country
Greg Norman By Greg Norman | Fox News

British Army looks to recruit 'snowflakes' and 'selfie addicts'
Calling all “Binge Gamers”, “Snowflakes” and “Selfie Addicts” – lay down your controllers, stop being outraged over everything and put that photo upload on hold – instead, why not join the British Army?

Those are the kind of people Britain's armed forces are now going after in a new advertising campaign launched Thursday targeting everyone from “Class Clowns” to “Me Me Me Millennials”.

“The army sees people differently and we are proud to look beyond the stereotypes and spot the potential in young people, from compassion to self-belief,” British Army Major General Paul Nanson told Sky News.

The ad campaign, which features YouTube videos and posters modeled off the famous ‘Your Country Needs You’ slogan from the First World War, comes as Britain is struggling to recruit new soldiers. (British Army)

A government committee was informed in October that the British Army has 77,000 fully-trained troops, below its target of 82,500. A National Audit Office report in December also revealed that nearly half of the Army’s applicants chose to drop out of the hiring process in 2017 and 2018 because it was taking up to 321 days to transition from applying to starting training, according to Sky News.

One of the new video ads shows a young supermarket worker playing with shopping carts in a parking lot instead of returning them to the designated area.

“Millennials, useless,” a man who appears to be the manager says, while looking out the window of the store.

An employee then chides the worker as she eventually puts the carts away.

The video wraps with a British Army sniper having his finger on the trigger, saying “patience, always welcome.” The text “Your Army Needs You” then flashes across the screen.

Another ad shows a boy glued to a TV set playing a video game and his father lamenting that he has been up all night doing so. “Stamina, don’t underestimate it” a voice in the ad says, praising the gamer’s dedication to battling the fantasy monsters onscreen.

I'm not from the UK, you dolt - I was born here of multi-generational ancestry that developed this nation and made it a safe haven for the likes of you... the only closet Pom in here is you..... using the White Man's products to purvey your blasphemous statements about predominantly Gaelic people with an admixture of German, and labeling them as 'Poms'....

On yer bike, darkie!  Back in the wood-pile for you, my lad!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #5 - Jan 4th, 2019 at 9:21pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 4th, 2019 at 9:06pm:
I'm not from the UK, you dolt - I was born here of multi-generational ancestry that developed this nation and made it a safe haven for the likes of you... the only closet Pom in here is you..... using the White Man's products to purvey your blasphemous statements about predominantly Gaelic people with an admixture of German, and labeling them as 'Poms'....

WTF is "multi-generational ancestry". Did it involve resurrections of cadavers for procreation purposes?

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jan 4th, 2019 at 10:16pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on Jan 4th, 2019 at 9:21pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 4th, 2019 at 9:06pm:

WTF is "multi-generational ancestry". Did it involve resurrections of cadavers for procreation purposes?

No second prizes, sonny-Jim - you're a loser... now go play with the traffic on the motorway...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Jan 4th, 2019 at 11:37pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on Jan 4th, 2019 at 9:02pm:

The three-fingers strategy of General Gordon could render the enemy defenseless with delight.

Hey. Leave General Gordon out of this.
He already did his time for the Sudanese.
Now he's trying to help the Indians clean up their own sh(i)t in Harris Park.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #8 - Jan 5th, 2019 at 12:27am

Jasin wrote on Jan 4th, 2019 at 11:37pm:
Laugh till you cry wrote on Jan 4th, 2019 at 9:02pm:

Hey. Leave General Gordon out of this.
He already did his time for the Sudanese.
Now he's trying to help the Indians clean up their own sh(i)t in Harris Park.

Three fingers Gordon moved onto the Lebanese and then quickly onto the Islanders.

The Indians have stopped pooping on Gordon's lawn because Gordon has become irrelevant.

Even Gordon's wingman-lodger, AiA,  has flown the coop.

Gordon is home alone sitting forlornly behind his gumboot hire stand with no gumboot takers in sight.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #9 - Jan 5th, 2019 at 4:53am

Sounds like the military is trying to do something about the generation of the selfies. Not sure what a snowflake is so this is prolly an american article but well they are targeting the current generation and they are pretty smart at doing it. Does anyone think those kids will be the same after a tour?

Oh - its fox

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 2:34pm

Looking for nerds to fly drones and such.... anyone can do one of countless jobs in the army... plenty of clerical positions and such.. the sharp end is the smallest component..

― John Adams

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #11 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 3:11pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 2:34pm:
Looking for nerds to fly drones and such.... anyone can do one of countless jobs in the army... plenty of clerical positions and such.. the sharp end is the smallest component..

Grappler, you would qualify to manage the esky if you don't imbibe too much.

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #12 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 3:17pm

Unfortunately when the military is persecuted for doing their job, recently in Afghanistan, Iraq and in the NI conflict, and other theatres, recruitment can't be expected to break any records. Likewise with the police service in GB..........

Dropping standards, also allowing women to join SF (if they pass selection) to resolve the situation, is NOT the answer. Selection and actual front line combat are entirely different. Passing 'Selection' is just the first step.

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #13 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 3:20pm

Fuzzball wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 3:17pm:
Unfortunately when the military is persecuted for doing their job, recently in Afghanistan, Iraq and in the NI conflict, and other theatres, recruitment can't be expected to break any records. Likewise with the police service in GB..........

Dropping standards, also allowing women to join SF (if they pass selection) to resolve the situation, is NOT the answer. Selection and actual front line combat are entirely different. Passing 'Selection' is just the first step.

Killing people on command is not the career most sane people would choose.

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #14 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 3:22pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 3:20pm:
Fuzzball wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 3:17pm:

Killing people on command is not the career most sane people would choose.

I think fighting to protect fvkwits like you is pretty discouraging .........bungo

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print