Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Euthanasia and the death penalty (Read 5413 times)
PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Euthanasia and the death penalty
Reply #15 - Mar 11th, 2019 at 11:14am

No one's suggesting (in this thread at least, far as I've noticed) that the old should be culled based purely on age, although I feel it will eventually come to that based simply on economics

Let's face it, valuable and shrinking resources are being invested in keeping old bones alive.  Sitting drugged in an oldies home with no expectation of leaving, is no life.  To me, it's a ridiculous situation, especially when most of those aged in homes would prefer to be allowed to simply exit.  So, my solution, as I've said before, would be for a mandatory Death Date to be stamped on a person's birth certificate.  We need to get organised. World population increases simultaneous with decline in vital resources. A death-date would allow individuals and governments alike to get their affairs in order

But that's for another discussion. In the meantime, people are attempting to end their lives and are forced to engage in barbaric solutions in order to achieve their goal.  It shouldn't be that way and doesn't have to be that way.  An the 'news' rarely acquaints people with the reality of failed suicides and the cost not only to society but also to those who're compelled to act as carers to those rendered vegetables and wheelchair/bed bound by failed suicide

Death should be available for all who seek it.  And who is to say otherwise?  Who are these self-appointed nay-sayers who deem attempted suicide to be a 'crime'?  They are churchy-types and politicians who are swayed and bullied by churchy-types, or who simply have a skewed ideaology based in some vague notion that 'people need to suffer' and 'God forbids suicide' and who then impose their nonsense on society via their political position (i.e., power and authority)

In my own family, not far back down the line, we had a bachelor who lived to 104 years of age.  Even closer are a couple aged 90+ -- who, incidentally, smoked and drank excessively and in the case of one old woman, who did not a jot of exercise during at least the last 60 years of her life.  She was still living independently and still smoking when she was finally dropped into an aged care home, followed by her death a couple of months later.  So longevity is determined primarily by genes, as are metabolic issues such and 'thinness' and 'plumpness'.  It's all genes -- we're just beads on a string.  Genes are the second of Life's jokes on humanity, the first being sex

What makes people want to exit their lives?  The reasons are innumerable.  Broken hearts. Finances. Sense of hopelessness. Endogenous depression followed by egonenous depression. Shame. Pride. Anger. Disappointment and a general sense of disgust with humanity and life itself are but a few

they want it to stop.  They don't want to have to keep living like this any more. They don't want to have to keep doing it any more. They don't like it here.  They're sick, tired, suffering and they want to escape it.  And so on.  And it's their right to feel that way just as it's their right to get off the insanity wheel

They don't need your permission or his or her permission or two doctors to certify they have a terminal illness or psychiatrists and psychologists who believe they know better or any damn bloke in a skirt and his pet politicians !

Those who want to continue tripping down the road of life until their legs fall off -- go for it, who's stopping you?  Those who would rather suffer mental and physical torments in preference to getting off the bus -- be my guest -- I won't interfere

but those who do want an end to this misery called their life should not be prevented from achieving that end. They're not demanding anyone die with them.  They just want to die.  Why is there such opposition to that? 

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Mar 11th, 2019 at 11:47am

Then we come to the death penalty, which people have always favoured as a means of ridding society of creatures whose crimes offend humanity -- same creatures who should not be suffered within the community

Death is final.  Gone.  Chuck them in a hole and move on

but then -- and it would be interesting to see the reason behind the abolition of the death penalty in that rancid queen's territory -- fakery ground the death penalty to a halt.  The US in its wisdom dumped that fake 'royal family' and has continued (albeit less frequently) to impose the death penalty

And what a pandemonium there is on the eve of a much delayed execution, with all the clueless wonders waving their idiotic cigarette lighters into the night and chanting -- as if a hero was to be randomly slaughtered

There are way too many lumps of bone and flesh occupying this planet -- and they won't stop breeding more of themselves.  Abortion is rampant, wars are constant, murders, plural, are daily now in the fair land of Oz and everywhere else.  So sure, it makes sense (?) to some to spend millions of dollars and endless wailing and pontificating before just one lump of scum is finally despatched

it's as if some people are of the belief that the scum would go on to life a worthwhile existence -- if only the baddies wouldn't end his life and throw him in a hole.  Sure, that paedophile in that cell there, who's been living off the taxpayer for decades, would go out into the fresh air and become a philanthropist if only they'd spare his life

meanwhile, in another part of town, the young guy who was buggered senseless by that same paedophile, is slitting his wrists because his life was rendered hell by the guy getting three meals a day, cosy in his cell and serviced by prison psychologists thrice a week

Whenever the subject of the death penalty arises, all the virtue signallers flock to the scene, mouthing worn-out BS about letting guilty men go free rather than ….

And when one or more thugs smash into the moaners' homes in the early hours intent on stealing, abduction, murder, etc. …. different story.  Police are summoned.  The victims are outraged.  Take those thugs away.  Give me a gun and I'll deal with them myself. Why isn't the govmint doing more to protect us.  Where are the cops when you need them. Who let these bastards out on parole

then back to, ' Oh no, we can't have the death penalty because … because this and that and everything else'.  As if people are condemned to execution by the State for nothing, right?  They had a bad childhood. They were on drugs.  They can't remember how it happened but they know they're innocent.  yep

Me?  I'd be happy if the ranks of subhumans were thinned out.  Not as if we're going to rehabilitate them. Not as if we need them.  Not as if they'll be missed.  Not as if they were worth saving.  They've proved what they are, so what's the problem?  Get rid of them.  And I do not care if the death penalty acts as a deterrent, although I'm pretty sure it would in many if not most cases

one thing's for sure, treating them with kid gloves --- making excuses for them before letting them out after a handful of years when they've ended someone else's life -- is not working

treating them like victims and handing down slaps on wrists seems to be actively encouraging the decimation of victims by scum

for example, I know, based on the stupidly lenient sentences being applied these days has encouraged me to believe I could murder one or more individuals with little punishment.  I might even be able to walk free out of the court, depending on how far I was prepared to go in manipulating the system

all anyone need do these days is claim mental ill health

You can't find a job?  Just join up. Put on a uniform. Get yourself overseas on full pay and kill or maybe die.  Men in frocks sanction that

but do not imagine that when riddled with disease and pain that you'll get the same deal.  No.  You are not allowed to die and must suffer so that others can luxuriate in the knowledge you're screaming in pain and the exits are blocked

So get in early.  Kill to your heart's content, because that's alright -- you have poor mental health and other's lives don't matter

but do not dare imagine you're getting out of this life of yours, because the same 'authorities' who deem it fine to kill foreigners and fine to kill your neighbour -- insist you remain right here, suffering, to the  bitter end

And that folks is what passes for a sane and healthy society in 2019

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #17 - Mar 11th, 2019 at 10:28pm

If the wanna die - fine.
But at least make themselves useful and strap a bomb to their person and go visit some Moslems.
Their 'legalised/medical' suicide is currently just a gutless cop-out

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #18 - Mar 11th, 2019 at 11:57pm

Bring on freedom of choice ...

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Mar 13th, 2019 at 8:58am

Jasin wrote on Mar 11th, 2019 at 10:28pm:
If the wanna die - fine.
But at least make themselves useful and strap a bomb to their person and go visit some Moslems.

How so?

Tell you what I consider a cop-out:

clinging cravenly to a joke of 'life' and consuming valuable resources when the end result is certain.  Taking up bed space, nursing hours, public money, rather than just ending the farce

is that what you plan to do, JaSin?  You going to wrap your claws around that care home bed and demand pain medication until someone with a bit of sense and proportion unloads a vial of something into your shrunken veins and frees up that bed?

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Mar 13th, 2019 at 8:59am

Captain Nemo wrote on Mar 11th, 2019 at 11:57pm:

That suicide booth will be working 24/7 with people queued around ten city blocks -- and that's if the price were lifted to $1000

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #21 - Mar 14th, 2019 at 2:05pm

PZ547 wrote on Mar 13th, 2019 at 8:58am:
Jasin wrote on Mar 11th, 2019 at 10:28pm:
If the wanna die - fine.

How so?

Tell you what I consider a cop-out:

clinging cravenly to a joke of 'life' and consuming valuable resources when the end result is certain.  Taking up bed space, nursing hours, public money, rather than just ending the farce

is that what you plan to do, JaSin?  You going to wrap your claws around that care home bed and demand pain medication until someone with a bit of sense and proportion unloads a vial of something into your shrunken veins and frees up that bed?

No. Because I won't die like that.
A 'lot' of people die in good health, getting around like you currently are - but just a sudden 'tiredness' develops and they 'tie things up' in their life with preparation for the deep sleep that will soon take them away.
It is this - that the 'real' Medical Industry (not the Political 'sick bay') of the World must stick to in the name of longevity.
Just because others have the last 1/4 of their lifespan as some dysfunctional pathetic existence of needing 'high' medical care when they 'rejected' the Health Industry's advice for most of their lives....

No. If you want to 'go out' via the Door of Suicide, before your body naturally gives out (even if via a painful door), then either just forsake any Medical assistance in the first place and stop holding it accountable - to just die from your own condition.
Or FFS - get some balls and strap some bombs to your self and go blow up some Moslem mosque or something more constructive.

So become a 'Bomb' and go out with a Bang
or just forfeit any Medical Assistance and go out as you have intended yourself to go out as!
You didn't hear of any Spartan Warriors cry for Medically Assisted Suicide for fear of a 'painful' end in battle?  Roll Eyes

You Westerners just need to HTFU and accept the pain.
Hell, your women give birth in all the wrong ways and thus need a heavy reliance on heavy drugs to make it easier for yas. No wonder your kids are all turning out like Autistic scrambled snow-flakes.  Roll Eyes

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Mar 14th, 2019 at 4:18pm

Quit the crap, JaSin

Maude down the road doesn't have access to bombs and we all know it

Clive could slit his own throat, but understandably, he doesn't want his kids, grandkids, spouse, friends OR the ambos and police to be put to that sort of mess and inconvenience.  So Clive, like Maude (who were both forces to be reckoned with in their attractive and active younger years) give in to doctors and family for the sake of peace and relieving everyone of those pesky feelings of guilt were he to wither away at home, as Clive (and Maude, no doubt) would doubtless prefer

We live for others, JaSin -- or maybe you don't

We spend our lives caring for others, treating their feelings with tenderness, going out of our way to make other people comfortable

so just because you've spent way too many hours hunched over kid's computer games and just because you occasionally feel a bit of a blood rush watching bits and bytes slashing each other to a soundtrack that screams, 'FREEDOM ! ' adds little to this discussion in real terms

The JaSin of future years will NOT be strapping a bomb or any self-destructing device to his person when the chips are down -- I'd stake a thousand dollars on that

Yes, people are pulling the plug for themselves and they're doing that by seeking the assistance of orgs like Exit International and Dignitas.  They leave Living Wills for those they leave behind and they face with equanimity and courage that which might lie on the other side of physical death.  And no, they do not make a splat all over the furniture or landscape via anything as melodramatic and juvenile as you advise

We are civilized people, in the main. We attempt to leave this life with the same consideration for others as we displayed during life.  We leave quietly, humbly, after putting as much in order as we can, before we go.  We don't seek headlines or attention and we don't explode ourselves for the reasons given above

However, there are many, probably the majority, who do not know about Dignitas or Exit International.  And many cannot afford those options.  So they throw themselves under cars, buses, trucks and trains, because they're not thinking clearly and the expletiv government does ZERO to help them.  Because it's almost a cert that pollies and other rancid gutter dwellers have money in care-homes, for profit

None of which assists those who DO want to end their lives with a minimum fuss and attention, a minimum pain, minimum mess, minimum inconvenience to others

and they are prevented from ending their own lives by individuals and groups who regard themselves as authorities in the matter

and we're back to where we began

Anyone, regardless of age or health should be able to end their life should they wish to do so, without interference from others and in a manner painless, swift and economically

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #23 - Mar 14th, 2019 at 8:30pm

Mars & Venus - two BIG reminders of what can happen to Earth via War (nukes) and Suicide (Pollution).
Much like a person, the world must take it to the end, regardless of how painful it is between a rock and a hard place.

I'll be right in my old age and to a ripe old age until I decide to call it a day a few months before my end, where I go to where my dreams take me. Suicide is not an option - it wasn't many years ago, when I was younger and life was painful and there was no end in site.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Mar 15th, 2019 at 7:49am

PZ547 wrote on Mar 11th, 2019 at 11:47am:
Then we come to the death penalty, which people have always favoured as a means of ridding society of creatures whose crimes offend humanity -- same creatures who should not be suffered within the community

Death is final.  Gone.  Chuck them in a hole and move on

but then -- and it would be interesting to see the reason behind the abolition of the death penalty in that rancid queen's territory -- fakery ground the death penalty to a halt.  The US in its wisdom dumped that fake 'royal family' and has continued (albeit less frequently) to impose the death penalty

A little bit of good news:

"California's Governor has halted the death penalty, saying he is deeply troubled by the possibility of executing an innocent person even though the state's voters have repeatedly backed capital punishment."

California Governor orders halt to death penalty

Smiley

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Mar 15th, 2019 at 10:05am

Jasin wrote on Mar 14th, 2019 at 8:30pm:
Mars & Venus - two BIG reminders of what can happen to Earth via War (nukes) and Suicide (Pollution).
Much like a person, the world must take it to the end, regardless of how painful it is between a rock and a hard place.

I'll be right in my old age and to a ripe old age until I decide to call it a day a few months before my end, where I go to where my dreams take me. Suicide is not an option - it wasn't many years ago, when I was younger and life was painful and there was no end in site.

Glad you've got your end covered then

but the topic sort of includes more than you

Big world out there beyond JaSin-land.  Billions of others in fact.  And they are having to throw themselves under buses and off bridges because they don't want to suffer their own lives any longer, for various reasons which are their business

yet some in society -- many of them being temporary politicians and the surprisingly mortal clergy -- presume to deny others the right to end their lives, despite public pressure for legalised, voluntary euthanasia

can you see beyond yourself for five seconds to appreciate that?  Can you acknowledge that no State, no religion, should have any say in the matter at all?

politicians are paid public servants

the clergy claim they are the paid emissaries of God

they're all servants

yet they behave as if they believe themselves to be dictators

in 2019

while they sanction any contrived war dreamed up by USrael, for instance, and send young kids, basically, to kill and die in foreign lands because they -- the military of whichever nation -- are paid guns for hire in the employ of the same public which pays politicians and clergy

and while medical error in this country alone kills more of the public than disease, vehicle accidents, drugs, etc. combined.  Medical error, as in 'ooops -- doctors just killed someone else by mistake or misdiagnosed, or stuffed up all around because he/she bought his/her medical qualifications' ...

and here's the Medical Error Australia site

LINK

it claims between 18,000 and 54,000 Australians each year are killed by their medical treatment

if we divide that number by ten, it means 1,800 to 5,400 Australians a year are killed by those who're supposed to be making them well/saving their lives.  But we have no reason to divide by ten and either way, those are big numbers

yet the same charlatans who claim to be politicians don't reveal the extent of medical error to the public.  They cover the extent of it up

and continue to profess to be terribly concerned about those who want to end their lives for whatever reason.  And they continue to deny swift and painless death to those who've had enough, who are in agony of mind or body

stick them in aged-care and  hospices -- there's money and employment in those

and sadism smirks behind fake compassion

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Mar 15th, 2019 at 11:31am

Greg's post: "California's Governor has halted the death penalty, saying he is deeply troubled by the possibility of executing an innocent person even though the state's voters have repeatedly backed capital punishment."

Greg, you cite the above claiming it to be 'good news'.  Good news for whom? 
Not for those convicted of murder, when you consider that death-row is said to be the best the penal system can offer.  Chris Watt's mother, remember, said he would have been better off on death-row than in standard prisons, because on death row, there are endless opportunities to appeal and it's often twenty or more years until a convict is executed.  Very often they are not executed.  And throughout, as long as they're on death row, they enjoy the perks which are well publicised in documentaries etc., in which death row prisoners describe themselves as the elite and list the perks. In fact, in one documentary that I remember, a killer killed his cellmate in order to 'progress' to death row, which he finds to be quite a comfortable situation

But all that's in the US

here in Australia, we don't need a death penalty, do we?  Killers enjoy a unique situation whereby you lie, deny, cost the populace millions through trials, etc.  Then, on the eve of court proceedings and judgement by a jury, you simply instruct your solicitors to advice the prosecution that you'll plead guilty to manslaughter, ala Ristevski. And with time already spent in custody pending trial, you'll be lucky to spend more than a year or two -- if that -- in prison, before walking out to take up life as before

Baden Clay played the same game but with a slight variation, whereby he put the public through the expense of a trial, slandered the wife he murdered, left reams of copy for his young daughters to read in a few years, sulked and pranced around in prison -- then decided he couldn't  afford to waste any more time inside and decided to plead guilty to manslaughter.  Only a concerted effort by the public at large, bolstered by outraged outspokenness on the part of media celebrities prevented him from getting away with it.  Three judges had already decided to send him out into the street a free man

So who needs a death penalty in Australia when the sentencing is so lenient -- when the sentence of 'life' means eight or less years -- when you can murder your own or someone else's child or parent and plead mitigating circumstances such as 'I wuz on drugs yer honner and I had a mental health crisis' to receive sympathy from the judge and the slight inconvenience of a year or two in prison and motel-style comfort?

We don't NEED a death penalty in Australia

and the way things are going, we won't need prisons either, or judges

the sentences being handed down decrease all the time

soon it will be accepted that you can take someone's life and tough

afterwards it will be a killer will receive compensayshun for trauma

so don't worry about the US system Greg

it has a long way to go before it's as liberal as Australia

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Mar 15th, 2019 at 11:33am

PZ547 wrote on Mar 15th, 2019 at 11:31am:
Greg's post: "California's Governor has halted the death penalty, saying he is deeply troubled by the possibility of executing an innocent person even though the state's voters have repeatedly backed capital punishment."

Humanity, and the innocent people who may have been killed.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Mar 15th, 2019 at 11:35am

greggerypeccary wrote on Mar 15th, 2019 at 11:33am:

You posted without reading a word of my post
and we know that because you leapt in mere seconds after I'd posted

so much for your interest in the matter

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Mar 15th, 2019 at 11:53am

PZ547 wrote on Mar 15th, 2019 at 11:35am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Mar 15th, 2019 at 11:33am:

You posted without reading a word of my post
and we know that because you leapt in mere seconds after I'd posted

so much for your interest in the matter

I read your entire post, and gave you my answer (2 minutes after your post).

Halting the death penalty is good for everyone.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print