Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
The real threat of biblical law (Read 4841 times)
Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: The real threat of biblical law
Reply #90 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 7:29pm

moses wrote on Jan 7th, 2019 at 3:31pm:
Bobby wrote:Reply #50 - Yesterday at 6:48pm
Quote:
You could read the Bible that way but the author
of the linked website is a theologian so not everyone reads it your way.
As a Theologian they are definitely more qualified than me -
what about you?

I have no idea what your theologians' motives are Bobby. I can guess that he is another part of the anti-Christ brigade.

I do know that Christians read and understand the following to mean exactly what it says e.g.:.

Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

means that Christ came to fulfill the law (fulfill means to bring to a successful conclusion)

Luke 16:16  The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached , and every man presseth into it.

means that the law had a definite time frame to it(it was until John)

John 17:1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

Christ praying to God acknowledging that his time on earth was finished

John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

Christ has finished his work ( His work was fulfilling the law He now is finished)

Mathew 26:39 And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

Mark 14:36 And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt.

Luke 22:42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

Christ was very frightened of what was going to happen to him, He would have got out of it if God so wished, however Gods' will be done

John 19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

The very last words Christ spoke here on earth were it is finished (He had came to fulfill the law, He successfully concluded the law, it was finished)

So we have Christ came to fulfill the law, the law had a definite time frame on it, He told God that he had completed the task, He was frightened of the pain and torture he was about endure, He was crucified the last words he spoke were to declare that he had finished the law.

Jump forward to the A.D. era we have

Romans 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Hebrews 9:12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Romans 3:20  Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Rom 3:28  Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Galatians 2:16  Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Galatians 3:11  But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Again all saying that the law was redundant, it was now the era of justification by faith.

Bobby wrote Reply #51 - Yesterday at 6:50pm
Quote:
It doesn't seem to make much sense does it?
What was the point of Jesus turning up if nothing changed as a result?

It all makes sense to Christians Bobby, they just read it as it says.

dear Moses - I appreciate your learned reply but read again:

The owner of this website disagrees with you:
http://www.evilbible.com/do-not-ignore-the-old-testament/

1) “For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished.  Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 5:18-19 RSV)  Clearly the Old Testament is to be obeyed until the end of human existence itself.  None other then Jesus said so.

2) All of the vicious Old Testament laws will be binding forever.  “It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid.” (Luke 16:17 NAB)

3) Jesus strongly approves of the law and the prophets.  He hasn’t the slightest objection to the cruelties of the Old Testament.  “Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill.  Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place.” (Matthew 5:17 NAB)

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #91 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 7:30pm

and more from the Theologian:

3b) “All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness…” (2 Timothy 3:16 NAB)

3c) “Know this first of all, that there is no prophecy of scripture that is a matter of personal interpretation, for no prophecy ever came through human will; but rather human beings moved by the holy Spirit spoke under the influence of God.” (2 Peter 20-21 NAB)

4) Jesus criticizes the Jews for not killing their disobedient children according to Old Testament law.  Mark.7:9-13  “Whoever curses father or mother shall die” (Mark 7:10 NAB)

5) Jesus is criticized by the Pharisees for not washing his hands before eating.  He defends himself by attacking them for not killing disobedient children according to the commandment: “He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.” (Matthew 15:4-7)

6) Jesus has a punishment even worse than his father concerning adultery: God said the act of adultery was punishable by death. Jesus says looking with lust is the same thing and you should gouge your eye out, better a part, than the whole.  The punishment under Jesus is an eternity in Hell.  (Matthew 5:27)

7) Peter says that all slaves should “be subject to [their] masters with all fear,” to the bad and cruel as well as the “good and gentle.” This is merely an echo of the same slavery commands in the Old Testament. 1 Peter 2:18

8) “Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law” (John7:19) and “For the law was given by Moses,…” (John 1:17).

9) “…the scripture cannot be broken.” –Jesus Christ, John 10:35

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #92 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 7:31pm

Do Not Ignore The Old Testament

Thou Shall Not Ignore the Old Testament!

New Testament Verses Which Demand Following the Old Testament

Many Christians claim that the Old Testament laws do not apply to us because Jesus was the “lamb” to clear away its rules and regulations.  This is just another scapegoat that Christians use to ignore the atrocities and bizarre laws commanded by their god.  Their preachers spoon feed them that the Old Testament is no longer binding so that they can excuse the majority of evil that the bible promotes.  I am so tired of Christians manipulating the scriptures so that they can assign a kinder nature to their God, that I have assembled a list of verses which clearly show that the Old Testament is not to be ignored.  Its laws should indeed be adhered to, for the New Testament demands it!

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #93 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 7:36pm

cods wrote on Jan 7th, 2019 at 7:27pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jan 7th, 2019 at 7:15pm:
Bobby wrote:Reply #50 -
Quote:

And ignore it, hey, Moses?   How else do you explain the millions who have been killed by Christians claiming to be acting in the name of Christ?  Tsk, tsk, tripped up once again by Christians doing what they bloody well like and killing anybody they don't like...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

mainly killing people before they kill them    maybe 

or dont you believe thats possible....

your blind hatred of CHristians..makes you sound completely insane sometimes..

Oh, it is possible, Cods.  However, I can't seem to find all that many Christians who were actually in danger of being killed by non-Christians when the Christians invaded the New World, Asia, Africa and Oceania and stole the land, resources and of course destroyed the cultures and lives of the inhabitants...    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #94 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 9:15pm

Aussie wrote on Jan 7th, 2019 at 1:42pm:
My Arabia includes the Lands of Lawrence.  You can have yours and I'll have mine.

Aussie are you basing your whole "let's slaughter millions of Jews because Arabia is for the Arabs" thing on the movie Lawrence of Arabia?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #95 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 9:18pm

freediver wrote on Jan 7th, 2019 at 9:15pm:
My Arabia includes the Lands of Lawrence.  You can have yours and I'll have mine.

Aussie are you basing your whole "let's slaughter millions of Jews because Arabia is for the Arabs" thing on the movie Lawrence of Arabia?

Hi FD,
did you know that Lawrence of Arabia -
representing England -
promised the holy lands of Palestine to the Arabs?

IP Logged

Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #96 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 9:22pm

Bobby. wrote on Jan 7th, 2019 at 9:18pm:

Hi FD,
representing England -

What does it matter if he did? He could have promised England to them, it wouldn't have made England Arabia.

IP Logged

Pedro Curevo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Nth Coast NSW
Reply #97 - Jan 8th, 2019 at 4:27am

Praise be to atheist.... Cool

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #98 - Jan 8th, 2019 at 6:05am

Cu Chulainn wrote on Jan 7th, 2019 at 9:22pm:

Hi FD,
representing England -

What does it matter if he did? He could have promised England to them, it wouldn't have made England Arabia.

History says that it was the British who set up Israel -
the opposite of what they promised.

They also set up Kuwait - a subset of Iraqis - given their own land
in return for cheap oil.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #99 - Jan 8th, 2019 at 8:06am

Lawrence was a soldier not a ruler of the land.

And was only there during WW1.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #100 - Jan 8th, 2019 at 8:40am

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 7th, 2019 at 7:36pm:
cods wrote on Jan 7th, 2019 at 7:27pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jan 7th, 2019 at 7:15pm:
Bobby wrote:Reply #50 -
Quote:

And ignore it, hey, Moses?   How else do you explain the millions who have been killed by Christians claiming to be acting in the name of Christ?  Tsk, tsk, tripped up once again by Christians doing what they bloody well like and killing anybody they don't like...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

mainly killing people before they kill them    maybe 

or dont you believe thats possible....

your blind hatred of CHristians..makes you sound completely insane sometimes..

Oh, it is possible, Cods.  However, I can't seem to find all that many Christians who were actually in danger of being killed by non-Christians when the Christians invaded the New World, Asia, Africa and Oceania and stole the land, resources and of course destroyed the cultures and lives of the inhabitants...    ::)

\
Which of course was never done by Romans, Greeks, Ottomans, Persians,Mongols, Tartars, Angles, Jutes, Saxons etc either.... was it? Roll Eyes

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #101 - Jan 8th, 2019 at 8:43am

Hi FD,
representing England -

He didn't have that authority anyway.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #102 - Jan 8th, 2019 at 10:06am

Who are you quoting there, Effendi?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #103 - Jan 8th, 2019 at 11:40am

Gnads wrote on Jan 8th, 2019 at 8:43am:

Hi FD,
representing England -

Then why did he make that promise?

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #104 - Jan 8th, 2019 at 12:52pm

Bobby. wrote on Jan 8th, 2019 at 11:40am:
Gnads wrote on Jan 8th, 2019 at 8:43am:

Hi FD,
representing England -

Then why did he make that promise?

Carried away with his own self importance perhaps?

What authority do think a Colonel has?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print