Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
The real threat of biblical law (Read 4843 times)
Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: The real threat of biblical law
Reply #75 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 8:46pm

Aussie wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 8:33pm:
Cu Chulainn wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 8:25pm:
Aussie wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 8:18pm:
Cu Chulainn wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 7:48pm:
Aussie wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 7:46pm:
Choo Choo.....Were they speaking in Arabic there or just Hebrew?

When Arsie? Is a language a race?

No, it's not Choo Choo.  But if I were to speak Arabic and only Arabic, it's a fair bet I am from the land I call Arabia.  You might have other ways of defining it, but that will do me.

If I were to speak English, which I do, is it just as a fair bet I come from England? If I come from Morocco does that mean Morocco is in Arabia? Egypt? Your definition is severely flawed, arsie.

If you speak Arabic....and ONLY Arabic, so far as I am concerned you are from what I call Arabia.

What? So no-one in Arabia speaks any other language? And if they don't speak only Arabic they are not in Arabia? If I only speak English I must come from England. You do realise how stupid your reasoning is, don't you? No, of course you don't, it all makes complete sense to you and yet you expect people to take you seriously.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #76 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 8:52pm

Christ you are a cock head of the first order.  My point is obvious...as obvious as the obvious flaws.....but only a prick looking to be a prick does the stupid crap any clusterfuq can do.

Go and watch the Movie.  It is based on historical fact.

Arabia....anyone of my generation knows exactly what I mean.

IP Logged

Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #77 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 9:08pm

Aussie wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 8:52pm:
Christ you are a cock head of the first order.  My point is obvious...as obvious as the obvious flaws.....but only a prick looking to be a prick does the stupid crap any clusterfuq can do.

Don't be a total dick and I've seen the movie thanks and it's irrelevant. Your irrational language thing is absolute garbage and you know it hence nothing but ad hom as a response. You've lost the plot.

Check out the size of Arabia!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_where_Arabic_is_an_official_lang...
None of them are 100% Arabic speaking. Arabic is a language, not an ethnicity.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #78 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 9:17pm

See post # 73.  /End.  You have your Arabia, I'll have mine.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #79 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 10:23pm

Cu Chulainn wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 9:08pm:
Aussie wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 8:52pm:

Don't be a total dick and I've seen the movie thanks and it's irrelevant. Your irrational language thing is absolute garbage and you know it hence nothing but ad hom as a response. You've lost the plot.

Check out the size of Arabia!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_where_Arabic_is_an_official_lang...
None of them are 100% Arabic speaking. Arabic is a language, not an ethnicity.

so now we know aussie gets all his knowledge of the Quran and the Bible..from Hollywood... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Quote:

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #80 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 12:45pm

Aussie wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 8:33pm:
Cu Chulainn wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 8:25pm:
Aussie wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 8:18pm:
Cu Chulainn wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 7:48pm:
Aussie wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 7:46pm:
Choo Choo.....Were they speaking in Arabic there or just Hebrew?

When Arsie? Is a language a race?

No, it's not Choo Choo.  But if I were to speak Arabic and only Arabic, it's a fair bet I am from the land I call Arabia.  You might have other ways of defining it, but that will do me.

If I were to speak English, which I do, is it just as a fair bet I come from England? If I come from Morocco does that mean Morocco is in Arabia? Egypt? Your definition is severely flawed, arsie.

If you speak Arabic....and ONLY Arabic, so far as I am concerned you are from what I call Arabia.

Well your concern is irrelevant & incorrect.

Arabia is the Arabian Peninsular & the countries on it.

Quote:
From a geographical perspective, it is considered a subcontinent of Asia. It is the largest peninsula in the world, at 3,237,500 km2 (1,250,000 sq mi). The Arabian Peninsula consists of the countries Yemen, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.

Have another look.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #81 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 1:42pm

My Arabia includes the Lands of Lawrence.  You can have yours and I'll have mine.

IP Logged

The Reboot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

None of your damn business
Reply #82 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 1:58pm

IP Logged

Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #83 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 2:08pm

Aussie wrote on Jan 7th, 2019 at 1:42pm:
My Arabia includes the Lands of Lawrence.  You can have yours and I'll have mine.

He was actually Lawrence of Wales. Is Wales in Arabia?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #84 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 2:17pm

Cu Chulainn wrote on Jan 7th, 2019 at 2:08pm:

Dunno what Atlas you have or what movie you saw in which "Orrence" led some rag tag Arabs to beat the crap out of some Turkey fellas, but it sure was not about Wales.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #85 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 2:22pm

this  actually makes sense to some....

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #86 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 2:28pm

Cu Chulainn wrote on Jan 7th, 2019 at 2:08pm:

which movie do you think was closer to the truth Cu..

Jesus of Nazareth  and epic..

or

a Life of Brian.....almost an epic...

all filmed in the desert of course.

they dont make them like that anymore.

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #87 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 3:31pm

Bobby wrote:Reply #50 - Yesterday at 6:48pm
Quote:
You could read the Bible that way but the author
of the linked website is a theologian so not everyone reads it your way.
As a Theologian they are definitely more qualified than me -
what about you?

I have no idea what your theologians' motives are Bobby. I can guess that he is another part of the anti-Christ brigade.

I do know that Christians read and understand the following to mean exactly what it says e.g.:.

Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

means that Christ came to fulfill the law (fulfill means to bring to a successful conclusion)

Luke 16:16  The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached , and every man presseth into it.

means that the law had a definite time frame to it(it was until John)

John 17:1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

Christ praying to God acknowledging that his time on earth was finished

John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

Christ has finished his work ( His work was fulfilling the law He now is finished)

Mathew 26:39 And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

Mark 14:36 And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt.

Luke 22:42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

Christ was very frightened of what was going to happen to him, He would have got out of it if God so wished, however Gods' will be done

John 19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

The very last words Christ spoke here on earth were it is finished (He had came to fulfill the law, He successfully concluded the law, it was finished)

So we have Christ came to fulfill the law, the law had a definite time frame on it, He told God that he had completed the task, He was frightened of the pain and torture he was about endure, He was crucified the last words he spoke were to declare that he had finished the law.

Jump forward to the A.D. era we have

Romans 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Hebrews 9:12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Romans 3:20  Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Rom 3:28  Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Galatians 2:16  Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Galatians 3:11  But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Again all saying that the law was redundant, it was now the era of justification by faith.

Bobby wrote Reply #51 - Yesterday at 6:50pm
Quote:
It doesn't seem to make much sense does it?
What was the point of Jesus turning up if nothing changed as a result?

It all makes sense to Christians Bobby, they just read it as it says.
« Last Edit: Jan 7th, 2019 at 3:45pm by moses »  

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #88 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 7:15pm

moses wrote on Jan 7th, 2019 at 3:31pm:
Bobby wrote:Reply #50 -
Quote:

And ignore it, hey, Moses?   How else do you explain the millions who have been killed by Christians claiming to be acting in the name of Christ?  Tsk, tsk, tripped up once again by Christians doing what they bloody well like and killing anybody they don't like...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #89 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 7:27pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 7th, 2019 at 7:15pm:
moses wrote on Jan 7th, 2019 at 3:31pm:
Bobby wrote:Reply #50 -
Quote:

And ignore it, hey, Moses?   How else do you explain the millions who have been killed by Christians claiming to be acting in the name of Christ?  Tsk, tsk, tripped up once again by Christians doing what they bloody well like and killing anybody they don't like...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

mainly killing people before they kill them    maybe 

or dont you believe thats possible....

your blind hatred of CHristians..makes you sound completely insane sometimes..

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print