Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Send Topic Print
The real threat of biblical law (Read 4844 times)
Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: The real threat of biblical law
Reply #30 - Jan 5th, 2019 at 8:46pm

Bam wrote on Jan 5th, 2019 at 8:26pm:
Cu Chulainn wrote on Jan 3rd, 2019 at 1:23am:
Bam wrote on Jan 2nd, 2019 at 11:53pm:
freediver wrote on Jan 2nd, 2019 at 7:32pm:
Islam is the greatest modern threat to freedom and democracy.

If by Biblical law you mean some kind of "Christian" law, you are wrong. Christianity is on the other end of the spectrum to Islam. The very concept of biblical law is antithetical to Christian doctrine.

Which is of course why it is Muslims, not Christians, raping and pillaging their way across the middle east.

Why are there some Christians in the USA openly calling for people to be killed? Did you even read the articles? Denying the problem is not going to make it go away.

It doesn't matter if it's Muslims seeking to impose Sharia law or Christians seeking to impose Biblical law. In both cases, a small minority of fanatics want to kill people in the name of their faith. Both must be opposed with equal vigour.

There's a huge difference between the two, one of them has wealthy countries that fund them all over the world and are supported in their views by up to 20% of the other >1.2 billion or so adherents, the others are looked on with with disdain by most people of their faith, and will never get their way and do nothing more than talk. One is far more dangerous than the other.

The problem with your post: it's not possible to tell which group of dangerous fanatics is which.

True and seeing as Islam has a higher percentage, up to 25% of 1.8 billion that think extremism is OK, which should we be more concerned about? We don't have Christians going around the world killing people as much as some like to run at the mouth, on the other hand...

Tell me which is more of a threat.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #31 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 7:57am

Quote:
True and seeing as Islam has a higher percentage, up to 25% of 1.8 billion that think extremism is OK

What makes you think it is only 25%?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #32 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 8:35am

Bam wrote on Jan 2nd, 2019 at 5:02pm:

Looney tunes always take the most violent parts out of a religion any religion and claim it for themselves.

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 10:06am

Ajax wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 8:35am:

Looney tunes always take the most violent parts out of a religion any religion and claim it for themselves.

I condemn any calls for violence  there is no excuse for it.....

are there no laws in Amerika  to prevent people doing just that????

we can all stand on our soap boxes and spew HATE and Killing....and wind up the extremist out there to follow through with it...

I am shocked this is allowed in Amerika. Angry

no wonder the country is sinking into hell.

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 10:48am

Cu Chulainn wrote on Jan 5th, 2019 at 8:46pm:
Bam wrote on Jan 5th, 2019 at 8:26pm:
Cu Chulainn wrote on Jan 3rd, 2019 at 1:23am:
Bam wrote on Jan 2nd, 2019 at 11:53pm:
freediver wrote on Jan 2nd, 2019 at 7:32pm:
Islam is the greatest modern threat to freedom and democracy.

If by Biblical law you mean some kind of "Christian" law, you are wrong. Christianity is on the other end of the spectrum to Islam. The very concept of biblical law is antithetical to Christian doctrine.

Which is of course why it is Muslims, not Christians, raping and pillaging their way across the middle east.

Why are there some Christians in the USA openly calling for people to be killed? Did you even read the articles? Denying the problem is not going to make it go away.

It doesn't matter if it's Muslims seeking to impose Sharia law or Christians seeking to impose Biblical law. In both cases, a small minority of fanatics want to kill people in the name of their faith. Both must be opposed with equal vigour.

There's a huge difference between the two, one of them has wealthy countries that fund them all over the world and are supported in their views by up to 20% of the other >1.2 billion or so adherents, the others are looked on with with disdain by most people of their faith, and will never get their way and do nothing more than talk. One is far more dangerous than the other.

The problem with your post: it's not possible to tell which group of dangerous fanatics is which.

True and seeing as Islam has a higher percentage, up to 25% of 1.8 billion that think extremism is OK, which should we be more concerned about? We don't have Christians going around the world killing people as much as some like to run at the mouth, on the other hand...

Tell me which is more of a threat.

That is a silly argument full of fallacies. Christian terrorism is different - cross burnings, murders of specific people, massacres of people in their places of worship, bombings and so on: many targeted attacks killing and injuring small numbers of people, rather than indiscriminate attacks that kill hundreds or more.

In the USA, Christian terrorists are the bigger threat by number of attacks (far right terrorism is the biggest threat), and if dangerous Christian fanaticism was allowed to spread, it would be a danger elsewhere. Christianity and the far right is a particularly dangerous combination.

Islamic fanaticism has about a 30-year to 40-year head start on Christian fanaticism, but that doesn't mean Christian fanaticism isn't a threat. For example, more terrorist attacks in the USA have been perpetuated by Christians than Muslims in the past 30 years. Muslims have the single most deadly attack of course, but don't make the mistake of assuming from that that Muslims also hold down positions 2 to 10 on a list of top 10 deadliest attacks on US soil. They don't.

We should not make the mistake of ignoring the threat of Christian terrorism, Islamic terrorism, far right terrorism or any other known threat. We need to be mindful of all known threats, not just pick one and ignore the rest.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

The Reboot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

None of your damn business
Reply #35 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 3:08pm

cods wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 10:06am:
Ajax wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 8:35am:

I condemn any calls for violence  there is no excuse for it.....

are there no laws in Amerika  to prevent people doing just that????

we can all stand on our soap boxes and spew HATE and Killing....and wind up the extremist out there to follow through with it...

I am shocked this is allowed in Amerika. Angry

no wonder the country is sinking into hell.

It will happen here under "ScoMo", seeing as "religious freedom" is a priority.

But the only alternative is little Billy Shorten.

We are doomed. Doomed I say!

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #36 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 3:13pm

freediver wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 7:57am:
Quote:
True and seeing as Islam has a higher percentage, up to 25% of 1.8 billion that think extremism is OK

What makes you think it is only 25%?

Good question but I would speculate
that the number of radical Muslims in the world is less than 1%.
By radical, I mean the real psycho killers as in ISIS.

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 3:41pm

Shea, a lawyer, has said the document was merely a summary of sermon notes based on the Old Testament

Luke 16:16  The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached , and every man presseth into it.

Romans 3:28  Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Galatians 2:16  Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Galatians 3:11  But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Anyone who follows Christ knows that the Old Testament law is done away with, Christ died for the sins of mankind, man is now justified by faith alone.

It's funny how the apologists for islam always skip these facts, while trying to excuse a cult which believes in pedophilia rape torture and mass murder.

why do these apologists do this?

Matthew 5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Matthew 10:22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

So it appears that the real Christians will just have their faith strengthened by the sniveling and sneaking of the apologists for islam.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #38 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 3:58pm

Quote:
Anyone who follows Christ knows that the Old Testament law is done away with, Christ died for the sins of mankind, man is now justified by faith alone.

Shea does not believe that and neither do Jews.

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 4:12pm

What part of Anyone who follows Christ knows that the Old Testament law is done away with is beyond you?

Do we really have to keep repeating the obvious a zillion times?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #40 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 4:17pm

moses wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 4:12pm:
What part of Anyone who follows Christ knows that the Old Testament law is done away with is beyond you?

But the owner of this website disagrees with you:
http://www.evilbible.com/do-not-ignore-the-old-testament/

1) “For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished.  Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 5:18-19 RSV)  Clearly the Old Testament is to be obeyed until the end of human existence itself.  None other then Jesus said so.

2) All of the vicious Old Testament laws will be binding forever.  “It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid.” (Luke 16:17 NAB)

3) Jesus strongly approves of the law and the prophets.  He hasn’t the slightest objection to the cruelties of the Old Testament.  “Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill.  Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place.” (Matthew 5:17 NAB)

3b) “All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness…” (2 Timothy 3:16 NAB)

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 4:31pm

Bobby do you know the difference between the law and the commandments?

Do you dispute that Christians believe that Christ came to fulfill the law?

Do you dispute that Christ himself said that he had come to fulfill the law?

The law was fulfilled by the death of Christ.

Fulfilled means; 1/. complete successfully, bring to a successful conclusion.

So for Christians the O.T. law has been concluded sucessfully. Mankind is now justified by faith not the law.

The commandments are eternal not the law.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #42 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 4:34pm

Bobby. wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 4:17pm:
moses wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 4:12pm:

But the owner of this website disagrees with you:
http://www.evilbible.com/do-not-ignore-the-old-testament/

1) “For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished.  Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 5:18-19 RSV)  Clearly the Old Testament is to be obeyed until the end of human existence itself.  None other then Jesus said so.

2) All of the vicious Old Testament laws will be binding forever.  “It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid.” (Luke 16:17 NAB)

3) Jesus strongly approves of the law and the prophets.  He hasn’t the slightest objection to the cruelties of the Old Testament.  “Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill.  Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place.” (Matthew 5:17 NAB)

3b) “All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness…” (2 Timothy 3:16 NAB)

'An inconvenient truth."

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #43 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 4:37pm

moses wrote on Jan 6th, 2019 at 4:31pm:
Bobby do you know the difference between the law and the commandments?

Do you dispute that Christians believe that Christ came to fulfill the law?

Do you dispute that Christ himself said that he had come to fulfill the law?

The law was fulfilled by the death of Christ.

Fulfilled means; 1/. complete successfully, bring to a successful conclusion.

So for Christians the O.T. law has been concluded sucessfully. Mankind is now justified by faith not the law.

The commandments are eternal not the law.

Not all Christians hold the same happy-clappy beliefs you do, Moses.  You are not the real authority on Christ and his teachings - only the Pope is, as leader of the true and apostolic church.   You are a nobody, johnny-come-lately who is hypocritical - you don't even obey the very commandments and doctrine that you proclaim.   Something I have proved time and time again.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Jan 6th, 2019 at 4:40pm

Oh boy here comes old forked tongue to back up the argument that people who make up their own doctrine and depart from the words of Christ, are the real true Christians

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Send Topic Print