Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Party deaths dont interfere with Party (Read 1807 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Party deaths dont interfere with Party
Jan 2nd, 2019 at 7:59am

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/field-day-at-the-domain-where-even-dr...

Smuggling four caps filled with powerful party drug MDMA into the event, the woman was more than ready to cut loose.

“You want the high and the charge — it’s a long day,” she said.

Welcome to Sydney’s Field Day — where nothing is seemingly off limits.

The woman who spoke to The Daily Telegraph said she used two condoms to hide the drugs inside her body before passing sniffer dogs and police into the one-day festival attended by 28,000 people in The Domain yesterday.

And she was one of thousands there for one main reason — to take drugs.

Just days after Joshua Tam became the fourth person in as many months to die of a suspected drug overdose at a music event in NSW, it quickly became clear that the fatalities have not deterred many from dicing with death.

Inside the venue, people openly asked their friends for cocaine as others reminded mates to drink plenty of water as their ecstasy rush kicked in.

Revellers, some dressed in outrageously revealing clothing, began filtering into The Domain after midday.

The smell of cannabis soon spread among the dance floors by 2pm and people could be seen taking MDMA.

“There are so many people on so much different stuff,” one young man in a pink T-shirt said. “Do you have cocaine?” his friend asked.

Another drug-addled man drawled: “I love you”, as he walked past.

There was a heavy police presence outside but inside the venue everyone seemed free to do what they wanted.

Police officers walked around — posing for photos and selfies — but no sniffer dogs could be seen during the seven hours the Telegraph was inside.

Police inside the venue admitted they had seen people under the influence.

As huge crowds descended on the Centre Field stage to catch headline acts including British DJ Duke Dumont and US rapper Cardi B later in the day, a smaller number of festival-goers surrounded “Left Field” to immerse themselves in the dance music.

“I feel so good,” one woman said as she rejoined her friends beside the dance floor. “I’ve never been so happy in my life … we need water,” another said

It’s a bit of everything, there’s acid, you see some coke and mostly it’s just (MDMA) caps,” he said. “It’s pretty low-key, it’s usually in the mosh under cover.”

But as another person lost their life to drugs on New Year’s Day at the Beyond the Valley festival in Victoria, the woman who boasted of smuggling in MDMA said she wasn’t fazed.

“It doesn’t really deter me, deterrence doesn’t work, you only have to look at prohibition — where there’s a will there’s a way,” she said.

She said MDMA was rampant at Field Days.

Commonly known as ecstasy, it is taken either in pill form or crystal form in capsules­.

“If you go into the female bathrooms you see all the condoms (on the floor) and think ‘holy s …, everybody is on it’,” she said. “People are usually quite subtle, they’ll go into the bathrooms — you can hear people snorting.”

She said that the large police presence outside the The Domain had not scared her off sneaking the party drugs in — and her friends were even more brazen.

“It’s actually not that detectable — dogs aren’t that reliable,” she said.

“I smuggle them in, I put them inside me because I’m neurotic — you wrap them up and have two condoms.

“But I have friends who just put them in their pockets and walk in. It’s inherently overwhelming for the dogs, because if you think about it, there’s tens of thousands of people flocking to the event. A lot of (drug seizures) come when dogs get gestured to go towards people by police.”
Although she got in unscathed, others did not. By 10pm police had stopped 150 people for drug offences­.

One woman in her 20s told The Telegraph late last night that she had swallowed MDMA caps at 9.30pm and did not feel nervous taking them because there was “not much police” compared with previous Field Day events.

She said Josh Tam’s death had not deterred her from taking drugs: “Not really, personally where I get my stuff from it’s from people I trust.”

She said she saw one young woman being carried away by medical crews at 4.30pm.

“Her body was limp,” she said.

PREMIER STANDS FIRM ON PILL TESTING

Police confirmed on Tuesday night that four people were taken to hospital from the Field Day event - one with a suspected back injury.

Despite police warning revellers in the lead up to the New Year’s Day festival to steer clear of drugs, some festival-goers didn’t seem to care.

“There is a clear association with illicit drug use at those festivals and the worst outcomes are being seen at times,” Acting Deputy Commissioner Mark Walton said.

But inside, people at the festival’s medical centre continued to dance as they waited for their friends to be treated by medics.

Premier Gladys Berejiklian indicated on Tuesday she would not change her view in relation to pill testing at music festivals.

the pleasures of having a good time 2019 style..

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Re: Party deaths dont interfere with Party
Reply #1 - Jan 2nd, 2019 at 8:11am

dam young ppl wearing revealing clothes... it should be stopped I tell ya..... ohh what is the premiers stance on pill testing... the article didn't say... just lots of emotional dribble  Cheesy

I am me

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #2 - Jan 2nd, 2019 at 8:12am

I read/watch every music festival OD story with my daughter.

There was one the other day where a dealer was caught entering a festival with the pills in his rectum. Her reaction was priceless. 

IBI

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jan 2nd, 2019 at 8:24am

Gordon wrote on Jan 2nd, 2019 at 8:12am:
I read/watch every music festival OD story with my daughter.

There was one the other day where a dealer was caught entering a festival with the pills in his rectum. Her reaction was priceless. 

its hard to believe isnt it??..

this is our youth.....

what a mess they are........I wouldnt be you gordy with young kids today.....

I have 6 grandkids  not one of them smoke  and drink almost nothing...only 4 are of an age where they can....no drugs  nothing  how lucky am I  when I read stuff like this....its like a horror story 
there are many pictures  I can nev er put up.   but how their parents feel this morning I will never know....

the police must wonder whats the point of trying to stop an avalanche  Angry Angry

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #4 - Jan 2nd, 2019 at 8:28am

DonDeeHippy wrote on Jan 2nd, 2019 at 8:11am:
dam young ppl wearing revealing clothes... it should be stopped I tell ya..... ohh what is the premiers stance on pill testing... the article didn't say... just lots of emotional dribble  Cheesy

yeah I agree.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #5 - Jan 2nd, 2019 at 8:36am

Do you really think that it was so much different in bygone eras?

Young people especially always did drugs and always looked for the quick high, it's just that it wasn't so widely reported.
Time constraints, accessibility and the breakdown of the family unit may make it more prevalent, but it always went on.

If they're going to lengths such as swallowing condoms full of drugs, doesn't this make it as dangerous or even more so than just accepting that people have always done drugs and they always will?

And for those who think that their kids, grandkids, etc. are so squeaky clean, think again. Ignorance is bliss as they say.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jan 2nd, 2019 at 8:40am

Amadd wrote on Jan 2nd, 2019 at 8:36am:

Young people especially always did drugs and always looked for the quick high, it's just that it wasn't so widely reported.
Time constraints, accessibility and the breakdown of the family unit may make it more prevalent, but it always went on.

If they're going to lengths such as swallowing condoms full of drugs, doesn't this make it as dangerous or even more so than just accepting that people have always done drugs and they always will?

And for those who think that they're kids, grandkids, etc. are so squeaky clean, think again. Ignorance is bliss as they say.

so that makes it OK..... Roll Eyes

I didnt say my grandkids had never tried anything... get your bloody  facts right.. Angry Angry

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #7 - Jan 2nd, 2019 at 8:45am

cods wrote on Jan 2nd, 2019 at 8:40am:

And for those who think that they're kids, grandkids, etc. are so squeaky clean, think again. Ignorance is bliss as they say.

I didnt say my grandkids had never tried anything... get your bloody  facts right.. Angry Angry

And I didn't mention any of your relatives. Anyway, I alluded far less than you did that your grandkids wouldn't do anything like that.

Does it make it OK? Well, it's OK to be human, it's not OK to not accept human fallibility...IMO.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jan 2nd, 2019 at 8:46am

Amadd wrote on Jan 2nd, 2019 at 8:45am:
cods wrote on Jan 2nd, 2019 at 8:40am:

And I didn't mention any of your relatives.

didnt have too... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #9 - Jan 2nd, 2019 at 8:59am

Anyway, I alluded far less than you did that your grandkids wouldn't do anything like that.

Does it make it OK? Well, it's OK to be human, it's not OK to not accept human fallibility...IMO.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #10 - Jan 2nd, 2019 at 9:08am

And for those who think that their kids, grandkids, etc. are so squeaky clean, think again. Ignorance is bliss as they say.

From what i have heard the drugs are a lot stronger now than they were in the 70s and 80s

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jan 2nd, 2019 at 9:19am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Jan 2nd, 2019 at 9:08am:

From what i have heard the drugs are a lot stronger now than they were in the 70s and 80s

Spot

spot  they are home made in a lot of cases   why do you think they want pill testing??..

the point of which escapes me.

do they return the pill to the owner with a warning???...how would it work?... drugs are still illegal ..

not enough police on the grounds... Roll Eyes the kids are laughing at us...

I feel for the families of those affected  I really do  but at the end of the day   taking drugs is a CHOICE   
no one is held down and force fed.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Jan 2nd, 2019 at 9:26am

sure, you can feel "endless love" by taking MDMA.

you could also spend time cultivating a superior mind, go into contribution,become self actualised and feel the same emotion but thats more work.

sure you can get big muscles by taking roids.
you could also hit the gym for hours but thats more work

sure, you could feel chill by smoking a joint.
you could also do a yoga class, meditiate, attract a quality woman and have sex or take the dog for a run and feel chill, but thats more work.

my problem with MDMA is not that it doesnt work or is dangerous but that its scamming yourself to feel an emotional state that you should be able to self generate but that you are too dammed lazy to do

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #13 - Jan 2nd, 2019 at 10:02am

I, for one, forsook the drugs path - most of the friends I had then who did are now dead..... some were totally schizophrenic long before... if I am grateful for one thing it is saying to a drug user friend that I didn't need drugs or anything to appreciate that beautiful sunset over there...

I also think drugs are vastly over-rated in their claimed effects on sense of well-being and such ...... I often felt that users felt they 'had' to be enjoying it etc, and make a big deal out of it..... rap the rap etc... carry on like a dick-head ....

Neither of my kids use drugs or even drink too much...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jan 2nd, 2019 at 10:07am

[quote author=aquascoot link=1546379965/12#12 date=1546385180]sure, you can feel "endless love" by taking MDMA.

you could also spend time cultivating a superior mind, go into contribution,become self actualised and feel the same emotion but thats more work.

sure you can get big muscles by taking roids.
you could also hit the gym for hours but thats more work

sure, you could feel chill by smoking a joint.
you could also do a yoga class, meditiate, attract a quality woman and have sex or take the dog for a run and feel chill, but thats more work.

my problem with MDMA is not that it doesnt work or is dangerous but that its scamming yourself to feel an emotional state that you should be able to self generate but that you are too dammed lazy to do [/quote]

how do you know all that aqua? first hand experience Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I coudnt tell you what anyone gets out of drugs.... all I know is  so many end up damage some even dead.some do not know what they did whilst high...

most ruined for life...none of them seem to age well.. when you see them get pulled over on RBT shows... they look a good 15 years older than they say

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print