Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
We are the gatekeepers of our heart (Read 1390 times)
Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
We are the gatekeepers of our heart
Dec 26th, 2018 at 10:30am

"We are the gatekeepers of our heart"

Our life, we find, is full of 'passions' [which are 'free' spirits, good and evil].

And every one of them is seeking a home, to occupy, to inhabit, to influence.

Q.
Which 'passions', have we allowed ['invited'], into our hearts ?

Matthew 12:43
When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.
44  Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.
45  Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

Google;
spirits, imprisoned earth

n.b.
Our own bodies, have always been an integral part, of this earth.

But we, are the gatekeepers, the custodians, of our own little piece of dirt.

Q.
What are you going to do, what are you doing,    with your very own, little piece of dirt ?

Our bodies made of this earth [Hebrew, Adamah = = earth, muck, is an allegory, on the name of first man].

We are, the 'prisoners', in this 'earth', for a time.

"...it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:"

I hope that all of you atheists have 'lived your lives'.

Yup.

Isaiah 22:13
And behold joy and gladness, slaying oxen, and killing sheep, eating flesh, and drinking wine: let us eat and drink; for to morrow we shall die.

Smiley

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: We are the gatekeepers of our heart
Reply #1 - Dec 26th, 2018 at 11:09am

Completely incomprehensible

Yadda wrote on Dec 26th, 2018 at 10:30am:
Google;

No, I'm not going to google anything

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Dec 26th, 2018 at 11:43am

Yeah Yadda would be alright if he wasn't so messy and erratic with his approach and display. No, I couldn't be bothered googling it either.

I like Southern Hemisphere Religion: It's like a Non-Fictional Book of Facts in the Library compared to the Northern Hemisphere Books that are all pure 'Fiction' and flights of Fantasy.

In the North, Religion is for the Dreamers.
In the South, Religion is the Dream.

So far, only 'Northern' style Religion is officially been in existence. But with Australia producing 2/3rds more 'paperwork' than any other nation, you know our Religion is going to be some serious lettering.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

The Reboot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

None of your damn business
Reply #3 - Dec 26th, 2018 at 2:16pm

Our life, we find, is full of 'passions' [which are 'free' spirits, good and evil].

And every one of them is seeking a home, to occupy, to inhabit, to influence.

Q.
Which 'passions', have we allowed ['invited'], into our hearts ?

Matthew 12:43
When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.
44  Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.
45  Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

Google;

n.b.
Our own bodies, have always been an integral part, of this earth.

But we, are the gatekeepers, the custodians, of our own little piece of dirt.

Q.
What are you going to do, what are you doing,    with your very own, little piece of dirt ?

Our bodies made of this earth [Hebrew, Adamah = = earth, muck, is an allegory, on the name of first man].

We are, the 'prisoners', in this 'earth', for a time.

"...it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:"

I hope that all of you atheists have 'lived your lives'.

Yup.

Isaiah 22:13
And behold joy and gladness, slaying oxen, and killing sheep, eating flesh, and drinking wine: let us eat and drink; for to morrow we shall die.

Smiley

So the gist I get from this post is... the human race is imprisoned in their bodies and they must turn to mighty lord AYYMIIIIIIN to set themselves free? Is that what you are saying, Yadda?

You have a point, albeit an ironic one.

Politically correct cults (organized religion as we know it) is an imprisonment of the mind.

For who can truly sit here and say that they understand and know God?

No human knows God, only concepts drummed into their mind through ancient stories compiled into lengthy volumes (the bible) and the archons (the "high authorities" such as priests) who parrot the verses and writings and pretend they have a clue on what they are talking about.

The human mind is imprisoned through the social environments they grow up in be it churches, schools, often family homes especially if the parents of children are less than desirable sheep.

And it isn't just organized religion.

Today's political climate is the next phase. We don't fight the way we used to in medieval times. Now we pretend we are "above needless violence" and care for our fellow man, then subscribe to views in a right wing or left wing narrative, never budging from our chosen side.

Just look at this forum.

People preaching about morals in one sentence, then slinging schoolyard insults at others from the opposite spectrum.

No, we don't fight with swords and blood. We fight with childish insults (parliament house) and the $$$.

Verdict: we are no less devolved than our medieval ancestors. We have in fact devolved more, and are now cowardly in our comforts.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Dec 26th, 2018 at 4:47pm

We are not animals, we have a dimension that no other creature has. We don't understand what this dimension is but it is there in us and before us in others all the time. So we try to make sense of it, we try to speak about it we try to get it. It is NOT a material, animalistic thing. So our language that overwhelmingly speaks in terms of our material, sensible world and so all our metaphors and reference points and word pictures are of what is apprehended by the senses, our discourse about our non-material aspect of our existence is always conducted in material, sensory terms - and so it is always short of what we may sense or feel but cannot express but in language. Poetry, parable, myth all try to speak in terms of the visible world about the unseen, felt, sensed world.

Music is a non-verbal language and so perhaps it speaks directly to the heart - but of course it doesn't say anything wordy like god, soul and the rest but it makes you sense and apprehend what music - and ultimately language, art, loving one another - are pointing to.

Let me give you a little hint on how to listen. The point is not to listen to a series of propositions, but rather to follow the movement of the showing. (Heidegger, introduction to his lectures on Time and being)

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #5 - Dec 26th, 2018 at 6:51pm

The Reboot wrote on Dec 26th, 2018 at 2:16pm:

So the gist I get from this post is... the human race is imprisoned in their bodies and they must turn to mighty lord AYYMIIIIIIN to set themselves free?

Is that what you are saying, Yadda?

No.

And forget about 'organized religion'.

'Organized religion' is a false path, which is proffered by those who have embraced [opened their hearts to] the spirits of this world.

Those spirits have spread their own 'net', and they have captured many.

But if you are happy here, well, just lean back, and relax,
because things are only going to get better, and better.

Honest!
....and if you believe that.         Smiley

Who is SATAN angry with ?

Revelation 12:17
...the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Who is the spirit of God pleased with ?

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Which commandments ?

Nets, and things which we get 'caught in'.....

Matthew 13:47
Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind:
48  Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Dec 26th, 2018 at 7:09pm

And Europe became the Holy Ghost of Christianity as the Father Judaism and the Son Mohommedism, had 'killed' Europe as it once 'originally' was before.

Having seen the Middle-East 'destroy' Europe, both Asia & Africa - towed the line.

Christianity is nothing but the shroud of death that Religion from the Middle-East, caste upon the body of Europe.

But Europe fell off the edge of the world and it's now the New Worlds of North America, Oceania, Sahul & South America that are making it 'reborn' as it castes off the Christianity that the Middle-East thrust upon it.
What was once dead - is coming alive again.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #7 - Dec 30th, 2018 at 10:45am

Frank wrote on Dec 26th, 2018 at 4:47pm:
We are not animals, we have a dimension that no other creature has. We don't understand what this dimension is but it is there in us and before us in others all the time.

That's a fairy vague argument for us being different from animals.
It was once thought that "self awareness" made us different from animals but a mirror self recognition test has been used which confirms that some animals are aware that it is a reflection of themselves. As of 2016, great apes (including humans), a single Asiatic elephant, dolphins, orcas, Giant oceanic manta rays and the Eurasian magpie have passed the MSR test. 

I don't see any evidence to suggest that humans are not animals.

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #8 - Dec 30th, 2018 at 6:58pm

Animals are Animals.

And yet, they can never be 'Monsters' like what Humans can become.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #9 - Dec 30th, 2018 at 10:24pm

Humans are animals. More specifically, we are herd animals. The bulk of humanity likes to be led, and will put faith in a leader without any qualification other than guile, as long as they create a sense of direction.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #10 - Dec 30th, 2018 at 11:43pm

We are both herd and loner animals. The position of President would be a Loner occupation while the Art industry (in USA) would indeed be 'herd'.

The American Art world is a herd, where the 'individualism' is the weakest factor.
The American Political world is an 'individual' one, where it is the 'herd' that is the weakest factor. Even now, Trump is being betrayed, let down and undermined - by the 'herd'.

Both of these worlds are what makes the USA.
Art (herd) & Politics (individual) make the nation.

IP Logged

The Reboot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

None of your damn business
Reply #11 - Dec 31st, 2018 at 1:04pm

Yadda wrote on Dec 26th, 2018 at 6:51pm:

The Reboot wrote on Dec 26th, 2018 at 2:16pm:

So the gist I get from this post is... the human race is imprisoned in their bodies and they must turn to mighty lord AYYMIIIIIIN to set themselves free?

Is that what you are saying, Yadda?

No.

And forget about 'organized religion'.

'Organized religion' is a false path, which is proffered by those who have embraced [opened their hearts to] the spirits of this world.

Those spirits have spread their own 'net', and they have captured many.

But if you are happy here, well, just lean back, and relax,
because things are only going to get better, and better.

Honest!
....and if you believe that.         Smiley

Who is SATAN angry with ?

Revelation 12:17
...the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Who is the spirit of God pleased with ?

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Which commandments ?

Nets, and things which we get 'caught in'.....

Matthew 13:47
Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind:
48  Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away.

Forget organized religion?

Who do you think compiled that book of fairy tales you keep quoting?  Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print