Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 
Send Topic Print
Muslim cleric: ‘Merry Christmas’ worse than murder (Read 16457 times)
Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Muslim cleric: ‘Merry Christmas’ worse than murder
Reply #165 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 1:14pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 11th, 2019 at 12:53pm:
Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Attacking the source rather than the substance of what she writes, Soren?  Poor, poor, you.  You really are being rather foolish.  Show us what she has written is wrong. 

That did actually make me laugh, and from Brian of all people.  Amazingly self-unaware chutzpah!  The first thing luvvie cretins do is attack the source, and you Brian are a main offender.

Clowns like you only accept a self censored approved set of sources and if anything falls out of that, you don't address the substance, you and others of your ilk will instead post a meme of a laughing donkey or something.

It's amazing the hypocrisies you idiots indulge in.  It's nearly as funny as laughing at a source, then later in another debate using it as an authoritative reference, which I have seen happen here.

You clowns genuinely make me shake my head.   Grin Grin Grin

Though I do look forward to luvvies following Brian's exhortation to debate the substance and not the source, but I know that will never happen, after all, it requires more thought than just posting a meme as a rebuttal. Cool

IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #166 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 1:15pm

Re Frank

Quote:
Yet the whole trouble comes from a man trying to look at these stories from the outside, as if they were scientific objects. He has only to look at them from the inside, and ask himself how he would begin a story. A story may start with anything and go anywhere. It may start with a bird without the bird being a totem; it may start with the sun without being a solar myth. It is said there are only ten plots in the world; and there will certainly be common and recurrent elements. Set ten thousand children talking at once, and telling tarradiddles about what they did in the wood, and it will not be hard to find parallels suggesting sun-worship or animal worship. Some of the stories may be pretty and some silly and some perhaps dirty; but they can only be judged as stories. In the modern dialect, they can only be judged aesthetically. It is strange that aesthetics, or mere feeling, which is now allowed to usurp where it has no rights at all, to wreck reason with pragmatism and morals with anarchy, is apparently not allowed to give a purely aesthetic judgement on what is obviously a purely aesthetic question. We may be fanciful about everything except fairy-tales.

Something for Moses to read no doubt   Smiley

I think the problem is not with the man who looks at those stories from scientific point of view.  Because, to study a religion or fancy tales, there are many aspects of it, that can be done.  For example, sun worship, at what particular time of the year, and why, do they have any bearings with equinox?  If so, then that means that particular culture have a system of recording, written language.  And so, more areas of study opens up.   I think if anything, its the man that looks at those stories from his own religious point of view that would make him more 'blind" and not able to begin a story at all. 

Interesting author.  Thank you.  Its interesting to see the mind work of an artist 100 years ago.   Smiley
« Last Edit: Jan 11th, 2019 at 1:30pm by tickleandrose »  

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #167 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 2:01pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 11th, 2019 at 9:23am:
Brian Ross wrote on Jan 10th, 2019 at 3:35pm:
Gnads wrote on Jan 10th, 2019 at 1:02pm:
3 more “moderate” Mohammedan imports running around their Islamic enclave with illegal guns - standard

No wonder 76% of Aussies agree with Senator Fraser Anning.

Agree what with Fraser Anning?  Anning was elected by 19 votes.  I cannot imagine more than that number agreeing with him, Gnads.    Roll Eyes

Gnads: what's the answer?

If it's not SSM, what is it that 76% of Aussies agree with him on?

It wasn't about SSM.

It's about migrant crime. Sudanese & Muslims specifically.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #168 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 2:03pm

Gnads wrote on Jan 11th, 2019 at 2:01pm:
3 more “moderate” Mohammedan imports running around their Islamic enclave with illegal guns - standard

Agree what with Fraser Anning?  Anning was elected by 19 votes.  I cannot imagine more than that number agreeing with him, Gnads.    Roll Eyes

It wasn't about SSM.

Okay.

Was it a survey?

Do you have a link?

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #169 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 2:04pm

Secret Wars wrote on Jan 11th, 2019 at 1:14pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jan 11th, 2019 at 12:53pm:
Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Attacking the source rather than the substance of what she writes, Soren?  Poor, poor, you.  You really are being rather foolish.  Show us what she has written is wrong. 

That did actually make me laugh, and from Brian of all people.  Amazingly self-unaware chutzpah!  The first thing luvvie cretins do is attack the source, and you Brian are a main offender.

Clowns like you only accept a self censored approved set of sources and if anything falls out of that, you don't address the substance, you and others of your ilk will instead post a meme of a laughing donkey or something.

It's amazing the hypocrisies you idiots indulge in.  It's nearly as funny as laughing at a source, then later in another debate using it as an authoritative reference, which I have seen happen here.

You clowns genuinely make me shake my head.   Grin Grin Grin

Though I do look forward to luvvies following Brian's exhortation to debate the substance and not the source, but I know that will never happen, after all, it requires more thought than just posting a meme as a rebuttal. Cool

Grin  Smiley

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #170 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 2:06pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 11th, 2019 at 2:03pm:

It wasn't about SSM.

Okay.

Was it a survey?

Do you have a link?

He's been interviewed all over the TV news media

find your own link.

If you were going to find some meme to put shyte on him or anyone else for that matter

you'd have it in an instant.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #171 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 2:07pm

Gnads wrote on Jan 11th, 2019 at 2:06pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 11th, 2019 at 2:03pm:

It wasn't about SSM.

Okay.

Was it a survey?

Do you have a link?

He's been interviewed all over the TV news media

find your own link.

If you were going to find some meme to put shyte on him or anyone else for that matter

you'd have it in an instant.

All you had to do was say you lied.

We could have saved all this time.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #172 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 2:10pm

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #173 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 3:33pm

tickleandrose wrote: Reply #162 - Today at 12:23pm

Quote:
As I mentioned before Moses... you cannot go into the bible and find the reality.  You have to look at history from a secular point of view.   The truth is that, in ancient times, when, there are agriculture societies, the spring equinox was widely celebrated as a festival even before Christianity.  Yes, the Jewish passover happens to fall on that day, and yes the bible states Jesus resurrected around the time of Jewish Passover, but this does not take away the fact that those holidays had already been widely celebrated anyway, and often have pagan roots. 

And because back then, Christianity forbids pagans, and therefore, naturally, people had to change the name of the holidays to Easter.   Clearly, a way to control a population. 

Even now, the things that people do on Easter, are not necessary all Christian.  For example, the egg, the bunny, and even the hot cross bun.

You haven't given any correlation between a spring equinox and the Passover.

The festival of the Passover, is an annual weeklong festival commemorating the emancipation of Jewish peoples from slavery (in ancient Egypt). It is called Passover because the plague in Egypt that killed all firstborns passed over the Israelites’ homes, sparing the lives of their children.

Your whole argument is that they coincide in dates so therefore the Passover has its' roots in the spring equinox festival.

If what you say is true you must be able to tell us how and why they changed the nature of the festival.

if they wanted to thank God for the various seasons they could have quiet easily done so, after they believe that God is the creator therefore God is the reason we have seasonal differences.

For your argument to be true you have to tell us why they changed if they originally were celebrating the spring equinox.

Coinciding dates just don't cut it, as there would have been absolutely nothing wrong with giving thanks to God for the spring.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #174 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 4:21pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 11th, 2019 at 2:10pm:

Gnads?

I Googled.  Found nothing.

Can you please provide a link that shows us exactly what 76% of Australians agree with him on?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #175 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 4:59pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 11th, 2019 at 4:21pm:

Gnads?

Can you please provide a link that shows us exactly what 76% of Australians agree with him on?

Its actually 84%. Only 16% diasgree or don't  know.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #176 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 5:09pm

Hang ten dissident Muslim clerics a week until the rest get the message and bow down to Christmas... talking to a lady today and she said she spent many early years in Arabia, due to her husband's job, and she had to toe their line every way every day.

Same rules apply here.. love it or get back to Sandland..... take your chances there in the 54 deg heat and freezing nights ....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #177 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 5:10pm

Frank wrote on Jan 11th, 2019 at 4:59pm:

Gnads?

The Silenced Majority?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #178 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 5:26pm

It wasn't about SSM.

And what survey was this, Gnads?  Mmmm?    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #179 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 5:29pm

Frank wrote on Jan 11th, 2019 at 4:59pm:

Gnads?

Really?  I can't find any reference to 84% either, Soren.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 
Send Topic Print