Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14
Send Topic Print
Muslim cleric: ‘Merry Christmas’ worse than murder (Read 16479 times)
tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Muslim cleric: ‘Merry Christmas’ worse than murder
Reply #150 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 9:18am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 9th, 2019 at 11:30pm:
We don't really care - it's the deliberate attack on the culture that supports and accepts Easter and Christmas as they are, that is the problem here.

How would the Muslim cleric like it if the Archbishop of Canterbury or the Pope got up and said that Ramadan was worse than murder?

Once more - Merry Christmas to the Muslim cleric..... and keep on enjoying your free ride.... being a cleric means you don't have to work and your faithful pay you and feed you well.... so you don't even need a holiday...
(dick-head)

Must be suffering from relevance deprivation syndrome in the West - time to go home, Jackie-Jackie, and enjoy life there...

But Grappler, that cleric is not the equivalent of the pope or the archbishop of Canterbury!  So, he can say all he likes, it is not like the Christmas or the Easter is all of sudden is going to be cancelled.  He is on the news is probably because the newspaper have nothing else better to run.  And its not the first time anyone take offense on the Christian Easter or Christmas.  People had been doing so for a LONG time.   But, majority of the muslims simple DONT care.   Just like majority of Buddhist, Jewish and Pagans dont care.

IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #151 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 9:59am

Re Moses

1. I am not disputing the days of the Easter.  However, I pointed out that prior to Christianity, those same days began was pagan festival throughout different regions of Europe.  It is because that the spring time equinox, is a very significant day in Agriculture societies. 

Christianity came much later on.  And I suspect the ressurection of Jesus happened around the Jewish Passover is not a coincidence.  Rather it was intended when the scriptures were first written. 

But the tradition of celebrating spring time is not a specific Jewish concept, but rather it had been celebrated in many different cultures and countries long before that.  So again, this is an evidence that behind the veils of religion, there are elements of control.  We celebrate spring time, then after that, everyone goes back to work, and then wait for harvast in the new year. 

Even if Jesus was not crucified ever, then Easter will still be celebrated, probably under a different name.

2. Like I mentioned before, relgion in this case is a tool.  A tool that is man made, and had been used to subjugate its population by the ruling class.   Wether, its through an ideology or through mystitism, the root purprose is for all to see.  The things that we are seeing today, the terrorist, - they have a purpose.  The simple minded may be the ones that could be influenced to carry out the attack, however, the masterminds, they may preach themselves as true Islam, but their motive and purpose is far from that.   Forced Child Marriages, raping of little boys, and girls, those who behead people, these are the tools used to intimate, and to control others.  The Christian bibles list those as 7 sins: Lust, gluttony, greed, sloth, wrath, envy, and pride. 

3. My views are quiet secular, and straight to the source.  Even those people who you think live and breath Islam, and commit crimes, ultimately, its their own inner selfish needs that caused them to do terrible things.  Perhaps, for one minute, imagine that you are looking down at planet Earth, and its billions years of evolution.  And see, the nature's cruety in motion.  You will find that there are so much similarities that had been repeated again and again.  And that, Christianity and Islam had only come to the overall picture in the very tail end of it.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #152 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 11:59am

tickleandrose wrote on Jan 10th, 2019 at 9:13am:
Frank wrote on Jan 9th, 2019 at 11:50am:
tickleandrose wrote on Jan 9th, 2019 at 9:49am:
Re Frank and Cu Chullain

Frank wrote on Jan 8th, 2019 at 6:05pm:
tickleandrose wrote on Jan 8th, 2019 at 2:59pm:
Frank wrote on Jan 8th, 2019 at 2:38pm:
tickleandrose wrote on Jan 8th, 2019 at 9:25am:
Then my argument to those perpetrators would be: its not good enough that you try to excuse your action on a 1400 year old doctrine.  You are doing it, with your free will right now.  And its not good enough for the 21 st century.   You need to change, and dont try to hide behind tradition, because you are responsible for it. 

Oh, this will upset gandalf, karnal and bwian.
Muslims responsible? How very dare you, colonialist islamophobe?!!

No Frank, the perpetrators who did the crime.  You know the ones who are directly responsible.  Wink

They don't  bow to your man made  laws. Allah's  law or nuffin'.

They are totalitarians in a quinessentially NON-Western way. Their totalitarianism pre-dates all Western concepts of totalitarianism by a millennium. That's  Mohammed's only contribution to world history. He was Hitler 1400 years before Hitler. And his adherent worship his every word.

The Koran is Mohammed's  Mein Kampf (Koran is German for Recitation of My Struggles).

Do you not see.  Not Allah's laws.  But human MADE laws.  Laws for which they pick and choose to their liking.  Cu Cullian is right, they dont care, because no one is there to hold them accountable for now.  And the sad thing is that, perhaps, no one can held them responsible this lifetime. 

This is what happens when war, conflict, and conservatism holds back the tides of change.  Here, in the Western world, those changes did not come without sacrifice and at alot of times sheer luck. 

You can barking on about oh.... erh... the Koran is equivalent of my struggle, and utter your distaste.  But, what is going to happen is that, by generalizing, you are only going to make the positions of hardliners more entrenched, and the moderates more prosecuted.  And thereby increasing suffering ten folds, a hundred folds for the people who actually live there, while you remaining safe behind your ivory tower. 

So by despising Islam I AM MAKING THEM MORE DESPICABLE. And this your 'more secular' learning. Pretty daft.

Murderous thugs would nice if only we didn't notice and say thet they are murderous thugs.

Because Frank, when you so called dispise Islam, not only you do that to the perpetrators, who I agree absolutely deserve it, but also alienate the victims that you sought to save them from.   When under threat, people will retreat back, and hardliners takes over.  Its like this forever in human history.  And when there is enough hardliners on both sides in control, war and conflict breaks out again, causing even more suffering. 

I am not  seking to save Muslims fro their Islam. They have to do it themselves, not me.

I am not threatening anyone and they don't  need to retreat to the hardliners. They just need to take long hard honest look at Islam and retreat FROM IT.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #153 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 12:48pm

Frank wrote on Jan 10th, 2019 at 11:59am:
tickleandrose wrote on Jan 10th, 2019 at 9:13am:
Frank wrote on Jan 9th, 2019 at 11:50am:
tickleandrose wrote on Jan 9th, 2019 at 9:49am:
Re Frank and Cu Chullain

Frank wrote on Jan 8th, 2019 at 6:05pm:
tickleandrose wrote on Jan 8th, 2019 at 2:59pm:
Frank wrote on Jan 8th, 2019 at 2:38pm:
tickleandrose wrote on Jan 8th, 2019 at 9:25am:
Then my argument to those perpetrators would be: its not good enough that you try to excuse your action on a 1400 year old doctrine.  You are doing it, with your free will right now.  And its not good enough for the 21 st century.   You need to change, and dont try to hide behind tradition, because you are responsible for it. 

Oh, this will upset gandalf, karnal and bwian.
Muslims responsible? How very dare you, colonialist islamophobe?!!

No Frank, the perpetrators who did the crime.  You know the ones who are directly responsible.  Wink

They don't  bow to your man made  laws. Allah's  law or nuffin'.

They are totalitarians in a quinessentially NON-Western way. Their totalitarianism pre-dates all Western concepts of totalitarianism by a millennium. That's  Mohammed's only contribution to world history. He was Hitler 1400 years before Hitler. And his adherent worship his every word.

The Koran is Mohammed's  Mein Kampf (Koran is German for Recitation of My Struggles).

Do you not see.  Not Allah's laws.  But human MADE laws.  Laws for which they pick and choose to their liking.  Cu Cullian is right, they dont care, because no one is there to hold them accountable for now.  And the sad thing is that, perhaps, no one can held them responsible this lifetime. 

This is what happens when war, conflict, and conservatism holds back the tides of change.  Here, in the Western world, those changes did not come without sacrifice and at alot of times sheer luck. 

You can barking on about oh.... erh... the Koran is equivalent of my struggle, and utter your distaste.  But, what is going to happen is that, by generalizing, you are only going to make the positions of hardliners more entrenched, and the moderates more prosecuted.  And thereby increasing suffering ten folds, a hundred folds for the people who actually live there, while you remaining safe behind your ivory tower. 

So by despising Islam I AM MAKING THEM MORE DESPICABLE. And this your 'more secular' learning. Pretty daft.

Murderous thugs would nice if only we didn't notice and say thet they are murderous thugs.

Because Frank, when you so called dispise Islam, not only you do that to the perpetrators, who I agree absolutely deserve it, but also alienate the victims that you sought to save them from.   When under threat, people will retreat back, and hardliners takes over.  Its like this forever in human history.  And when there is enough hardliners on both sides in control, war and conflict breaks out again, causing even more suffering. 

I am not  seking to save Muslims fro their Islam. They have to do it themselves, not me.

I am not threatening anyone and they don't  need to retreat to the hardliners. They just need to take long hard honest look at Islam and retreat FROM IT.

Unfortunately Frank, due to the location of the middle East, its importance as a oil producing region, and the geopolitics, things in the Middle East will not improve.  And we will continue to have a hand in it.   For the past five years leading up to 2018, almost half of the entire US arms exports goes to the middle East.   There are also billions from other exporter countries like England, Germany, China and Russia.   Each of the global powers are playing with their little chess pieces, and the end result, its the smaller people that suffers the most.   

Even if Islam became extinct overnight, the situation will remain the same regardless.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #154 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 1:02pm

3 more “moderate” Mohammedan imports running around their Islamic enclave with illegal guns - standard

No wonder 76% of Aussies agree with Senator Fraser Anning.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2019/01/07/17/46/shots-clyde-sydney-west-three...

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #155 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 3:35pm

Gnads wrote on Jan 10th, 2019 at 1:02pm:
3 more “moderate” Mohammedan imports running around their Islamic enclave with illegal guns - standard

Agree what with Fraser Anning?  Anning was elected by 19 votes.  I cannot imagine more than that number agreeing with him, Gnads.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #156 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 3:37pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 10th, 2019 at 3:35pm:

Agree what with Fraser Anning?  Anning was elected by 19 votes.  I cannot imagine more than that number agreeing with him, Gnads.    Roll Eyes

Same Sex Marriage, I guess.

Large majority of Australians (76%) in favour of allowing gay marriage

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #157 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 4:21pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jan 10th, 2019 at 3:37pm:

Same Sex Marriage, I guess.

Large majority of Australians (76%) in favour of allowing gay marriage

So called progressives...not so much. 

Labor rejected same sex marriage and of those electorates that rejected same sex marriage, the majority likewise, also labor.

One thing you can't take away from the so called progressives, despite evidence, the capacity they possess to fool themselves.  Rejecting same sex marriage, smacking over asylum seekers, they are the actual facists they accuse others of being.

Hypocrites.  Cool

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #158 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 4:43pm

@ tickleandrose Reply #151 - Today at 9:59am

You've told us about pagan festivals t&r but you haven't told us how the Jews came to be celebrating what they call the Passover, which is the most relevant point in a discussion like this (the roots of Christianity).

The Jews celebrate the anniversary of when they were told to paint the side and upper door posts (some people believe side and upper posts would be a cross) of their house with the blood of a sacrificial lamb.

God would Passover these houses (with the cross in blood) when he was exacting retribution from the Egyptians.

That is what the Jews have been celebrating for about the last 3,500 years. They most certainly do not believe they are celebrating a pagan festival.

Now the crucifixion of Christ coincides exactly with the Passover, Christ was crucified on the Passover His blood replaces that of the sacrificial lamb and mankind is saved by faith in the Messiah. (Christs' blood on the cross is the last sacrifice required to save mankind).

Now can you tell me how any of this means that Christianity has its' roots in paganism?

I believe you're a bit confused you seem to be saying that certain events coincide, therefore they must be inextricably linked.

Re the muslim isn't motivated by their religion.

When the religion preaches that every one of these depravities is a legitimate practice for muslims, when they commit them and say they are following the qur'an, when they offer their atrocities up as a sacrifice to allah, I most certainly believe that islam causes islamic atrocities.
« Last Edit: Jan 10th, 2019 at 5:54pm by moses »  

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #159 - Jan 10th, 2019 at 7:37pm

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #160 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 9:17am

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 10th, 2019 at 7:37pm:

By Kitty Fields
When Kitty was a little girl she dreamed of being a museum curator or archaeologist. Now she studies and writes all about history.

Kitty Fields (AKA Kitty the Dreamer) grew up in an old haunted house where she encountered numerous spirits, namely ghosts and fairies. These experiences fueled her passion to seek the mysterious and to write about her discoveries. A true Sagittarius at heart, Kitty is a star-gazer and a philosopher. She is always looking for new horizons - new places to travel, new lessons to learn, new people to meet. When you don't find her writing, you will find her frolicking with the fairies and flying with the witches.
Kitty's favorite topics are almost always inspired by folklore, history, and the paranormal.

Yet to Bwian she's  an authoritative voice.

Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #161 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 9:23am

Gnads: what's the answer?

If it's not SSM, what is it that 76% of Aussies agree with him on?

IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #162 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 12:23pm

moses wrote on Jan 10th, 2019 at 4:43pm:
@ tickleandrose Reply #151 - Today at 9:59am

You've told us about pagan festivals t&r but you haven't told us how the Jews came to be celebrating what they call the Passover, which is the most relevant point in a discussion like this (the roots of Christianity).

The Jews celebrate the anniversary of when they were told to paint the side and upper door posts (some people believe side and upper posts would be a cross) of their house with the blood of a sacrificial lamb.

God would Passover these houses (with the cross in blood) when he was exacting retribution from the Egyptians.

That is what the Jews have been celebrating for about the last 3,500 years. They most certainly do not believe they are celebrating a pagan festival.

Now the crucifixion of Christ coincides exactly with the Passover, Christ was crucified on the Passover His blood replaces that of the sacrificial lamb and mankind is saved by faith in the Messiah. (Christs' blood on the cross is the last sacrifice required to save mankind).

Now can you tell me how any of this means that Christianity has its' roots in paganism?

I believe you're a bit confused you seem to be saying that certain events coincide, therefore they must be inextricably linked.

Re the muslim isn't motivated by their religion.

When the religion preaches that every one of these depravities is a legitimate practice for muslims, when they commit them and say they are following the qur'an, when they offer their atrocities up as a sacrifice to allah, I most certainly believe that islam causes islamic atrocities.

As I mentioned before Moses... you cannot go into the bible and find the reality.  You have to look at history from a secular point of view.   The truth is that, in ancient times, when, there are agriculture societies, the spring equinox was widely celebrated as a festival even before Christianity.  Yes, the Jewish passover happens to fall on that day, and yes the bible states Jesus resurrected around the time of Jewish Passover, but this does not take away the fact that those holidays had already been widely celebrated anyway, and often have pagan roots. 

And because back then, Christianity forbids pagans, and therefore, naturally, people had to change the name of the holidays to Easter.   Clearly, a way to control a population. 

Even now, the things that people do on Easter, are not necessary all Christian.  For example, the egg, the bunny, and even the hot cross bun. 

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #163 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 12:53pm

Frank wrote on Jan 11th, 2019 at 9:17am:
Brian Ross wrote on Jan 10th, 2019 at 7:37pm:

By Kitty Fields
When Kitty was a little girl she dreamed of being a museum curator or archaeologist. Now she studies and writes all about history.

Kitty Fields (AKA Kitty the Dreamer) grew up in an old haunted house where she encountered numerous spirits, namely ghosts and fairies. These experiences fueled her passion to seek the mysterious and to write about her discoveries. A true Sagittarius at heart, Kitty is a star-gazer and a philosopher. She is always looking for new horizons - new places to travel, new lessons to learn, new people to meet. When you don't find her writing, you will find her frolicking with the fairies and flying with the witches.
Kitty's favorite topics are almost always inspired by folklore, history, and the paranormal.

Yet to Bwian she's  an authoritative voice.

Grin Grin Grin

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Attacking the source rather than the substance of what she writes, Soren?  Poor, poor, you.  You really are being rather foolish.  Show us what she has written is wrong.  Until you do, you're just a child who is bleating in the wilderness, lost since you escaped the little kiddies' playground where you belong.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #164 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 12:54pm

tickleandrose wrote on Jan 11th, 2019 at 12:23pm:
As I mentioned before Moses... you cannot go into the bible and find the reality.  You have to look at history from a secular point of view.   The truth is that, in ancient times, when, there are agriculture societies, the spring equinox was widely celebrated as a festival even before Christianity.  Yes, the Jewish passover happens to fall on that day, and yes the bible states Jesus resurrected around the time of Jewish Passover, but this does not take away the fact that those holidays had already been widely celebrated anyway, and often have pagan roots. 

And because back then, Christianity forbids pagans, and therefore, naturally, people had to change the name of the holidays to Easter.   Clearly, a way to control a population. 

Even now, the things that people do on Easter, are not necessary all Christian.  For example, the egg, the bunny, and even the hot cross bun. 

The true origin of all the myths has been discovered much too often. There are too many keys to mythology, as there are too many cryptograms in Shakespeare. Everything is phallic; everything is totemistic; everything is seed-time and harvest; everything is ghosts and grave-offerings; everything is the golden bough of sacrifice; everything is the sun and moon; everything is everything. Every folk-lore student who knew a little more than his own monomania, every man of wider reading and critical culture has practically confessed that the bewilderment of these things left his brain spinning. Yet the whole trouble comes from a man trying to look at these stories from the outside, as if they were scientific objects. He has only to look at them from the inside, and ask himself how he would begin a story. A story may start with anything and go anywhere.

http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks01/0100311h.html#ch15

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14
Send Topic Print