Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
IDF rape of Palestinian women (Read 2139 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: IDF rape of Palestinian women
Reply #15 - Dec 22nd, 2018 at 6:00pm

philperth2010 wrote on Dec 22nd, 2018 at 5:52pm:
freediver wrote on Dec 22nd, 2018 at 5:25pm:
Phil if you do not hate Jews, why do you only say things like this:

Quote:
The lives of Palestinians especially woman under Israeli occupation is something we should all be ashamed of and speak out against....You show your true character by opposing all tyranny no matter who it is inflicted upon!!!

as a way to attack Jews, while ignoring the elephant in the room which is the yoke of Islam around the neck of Palestinian women?

Who is the one ignoring anything....Do you deny the stories in the link I provided....Why is it anti simitic to point out the poor treatment of Palestinian woman by the Israeli's (amongst others)....I also condemn Hamas and it's terrorist war against Israel....I also condemn the oppression of woman by some who follow Islam....You show your true character by opposing all tyranny no matter who it is inflicted upon....If you want to bash Islam instead of addressing the topic you should start another thread???

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I read the bit you quoted, which stated that the IDF does not rape Palestinian women. Meanwhile, on their other doorstep, ISIS is raping and pillaging their way across the middle east.

What do you think is the biggest threat to human rights, equality and self determination for Palestinian women? Islam, or those cunning Jews?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #16 - Dec 22nd, 2018 at 6:08pm

freediver wrote on Dec 22nd, 2018 at 6:00pm:

Quote:
The lives of Palestinians especially woman under Israeli occupation is something we should all be ashamed of and speak out against....You show your true character by opposing all tyranny no matter who it is inflicted upon!!!

as a way to attack Jews, while ignoring the elephant in the room which is the yoke of Islam around the neck of Palestinian women?

Who is the one ignoring anything....Do you deny the stories in the link I provided....Why is it anti simitic to point out the poor treatment of Palestinian woman by the Israeli's (amongst others)....I also condemn Hamas and it's terrorist war against Israel....I also condemn the oppression of woman by some who follow Islam....You show your true character by opposing all tyranny no matter who it is inflicted upon....If you want to bash Islam instead of addressing the topic you should start another thread???

I read the bit you quoted, which stated that the IDF does not rape Palestinian women. Meanwhile, on their other doorstep, ISIS is raping and pillaging their way across the middle east.

What do you think is the biggest threat to human rights, equality and self determination for Palestinian women? Islam, or those cunning Jews?

Who claimed they did....You seam to be confusing my concern about certain issues with your hatred of Islam....Believe what ever you like mate???

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #17 - Dec 22nd, 2018 at 6:18pm

You are a sneaky bugger Effendi!

Quote:

Here we are, talking about Palestinians, and there you are equating them to ISIS.

Yay!

Cool

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #18 - Dec 23rd, 2018 at 8:15am

philperth2010 wrote on Dec 22nd, 2018 at 6:08pm:
freediver wrote on Dec 22nd, 2018 at 6:00pm:

Quote:

Who claimed they did....You seam to be confusing my concern about certain issues with your hatred of Islam....Believe what ever you like mate???

As far as I can tell we are not disagreeing on any facts. It is not about belief. It is about perspective.

Quote:
Here we are, talking about Palestinians, and there you are equating them to ISIS.

There is an imbecile on your doorstep Aussie.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #19 - Jan 4th, 2019 at 10:49am

Gordon wrote on Dec 22nd, 2018 at 9:58am:
in one case, a professor asked me if I knew how many Palestinians have been raped by IDF forces. I answered that as far as I knew, none. She triumphantly responded that I was right, because, she said, “You IDF soldiers don’t rape Palestinians because Israelis are so racist and disgusted by them that you won’t touch them

https://blogs.timesofisrael.com/an-israeli-soldiers-call-to-american-jews/

ah.. yeah, because rape is totally all about rapists having respect for the women and not at all about having loathing and disgust for them  Cheesy

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #20 - Jan 4th, 2019 at 10:51am

polite_gandalf wrote on Jan 4th, 2019 at 10:49am:
in one case, a professor asked me if I knew how many Palestinians have been raped by IDF forces. I answered that as far as I knew, none. She triumphantly responded that I was right, because, she said, “You IDF soldiers don’t rape Palestinians because Israelis are so racist and disgusted by them that you won’t touch them

ah.. yeah, because rape is totally all about rapists having respect for the women and not at all about having loathing and disgust for them  Cheesy

That's what Abu said.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #21 - Jan 4th, 2019 at 10:52am

freediver wrote on Jan 4th, 2019 at 10:51am:
polite_gandalf wrote on Jan 4th, 2019 at 10:49am:

That's what Abu said.

I'm sure he did.

Anyway, do you agree with the logic in the OP FD?

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #22 - Jan 4th, 2019 at 10:55am

I am not sure what "logic" you are referring to Gandalf. I agree that the Israelis are far less likely than any Muslim army to engage in rape, but I would not put it down to 'disgust' as the OP suggests.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #23 - Jan 4th, 2019 at 11:02am

freediver wrote on Jan 4th, 2019 at 10:55am:
I am not sure what "logic" you are referring to Gandalf.

I really marvel at your ability to take up a topic with such gusto - and yet be so clueless to what its actually about.

From the OP:

You IDF soldiers don’t rape Palestinians because Israelis are so racist and disgusted by them that you won’t touch them

Do you agree with this logic? I'm not asking you if the IDF do or don't rape Palestinians, I'm asking if you agree with the claim that men don't rape women if they are disgusted by them? I contend the reality is the exact opposite.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #24 - Jan 4th, 2019 at 12:04pm

Ah. I must have missed that.

I agree that the Israelis are far less likely than any Muslim army to engage in rape, but I would not put it down to 'disgust' as the OP suggests.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #25 - Jan 4th, 2019 at 12:12pm

Three fingers Gordon professes expertise in this matter.

Gordon is the butterfly bigot:

First Mexicans, then Indians, then Lebanese, then Islanders, now Palestinians.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #26 - Jan 4th, 2019 at 12:12pm

freediver wrote on Dec 22nd, 2018 at 12:33pm:
I expect the biggest problem faced by Palestinian women is living under the yoke of Islam. No doubt you can find a way to blame the Jews for that too.

I notice that Jews get blamed for everything -
they were even blamed for 911 by many anti-Semites.

« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2019 at 12:32pm by Bobby. »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print