Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18
Send Topic Print
Climate Change - Time is running out says CSIRO (Read 33309 times)
Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Climate Change - Time is running out says CSIRO
Reply #60 - Dec 22nd, 2018 at 7:41pm

Dnarever wrote on Dec 22nd, 2018 at 6:31pm:
Frank wrote on Dec 22nd, 2018 at 6:21pm:
Johnnie wrote on Dec 22nd, 2018 at 5:04pm:
Frank wrote on Dec 22nd, 2018 at 4:45pm:
Johnnie wrote on Dec 22nd, 2018 at 4:32pm:
97% of the climate scientists, NASA, WIKI the CSIRO and the BOM.

What ARE these experts saying? I dare you to tell us what you understand of them.

Climate change is upon us, we can choose to ignore the statistics or the opinions of 97% of the climate scientists and the rest. I see it in my own part of the world over the last half a century.

We are the first generation to realize climate change and the last generation that can do anything about it.

I for one would not be prepared to gamble when the stakes are so high.

You do realise that you are not saying anything other emoting.

Climate change - what causes it? Not human CO2 - it is so insignificant among all the factors of the climate - only dimply understood in its totality - as to be laughably insignificant.

What can we do to influence the climate if we are not changing it? Nothing but adaptation.

You happy to put your great grandchildren's names on the list of those to not survive if you are wrong ?

You are emoting. You understand nothing.  It's  way over your head so emotional correctness is all you have.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #61 - Dec 22nd, 2018 at 7:53pm

Frank wrote on Dec 22nd, 2018 at 7:41pm:

What ARE these experts saying? I dare you to tell us what you understand of them.

Climate change is upon us, we can choose to ignore the statistics or the opinions of 97% of the climate scientists and the rest. I see it in my own part of the world over the last half a century.

We are the first generation to realize climate change and the last generation that can do anything about it.

Climate change - what causes it? Not human CO2 - it is so insignificant among all the factors of the climate - only dimply understood in its totality - as to be laughably insignificant.

What can we do to influence the climate if we are not changing it? Nothing but adaptation.

You happy to put your great grandchildren's names on the list of those to not survive if you are wrong ?

You are emoting. You understand nothing.  It's  way over your head so emotional correctness is all you have.

The absolute reality is that if you are wrong and all the science is correct and we do nothing because so many people are convinced that it is untrue then a lot of people are going to die.

Call it emotive if you like but the problem is that it is the truth.

I have done some work with people who do science with the CSIRO, I don't think you have any idea how smart those guys are.
« Last Edit: Dec 22nd, 2018 at 8:02pm by Dnarever »  

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #62 - Dec 22nd, 2018 at 8:00pm

Johnnie wrote on Dec 22nd, 2018 at 6:39pm:

That might be a little to confronting Duck, can you tone it down a bit..

It is a little confronting because that is the reality.

If climate change is real and we do nothing the result will be that many millions of people will die. I have little issue with connecting the people who help to cause this to be impacted in the outcome.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #63 - Dec 22nd, 2018 at 8:07pm

Dnarever wrote on Dec 22nd, 2018 at 7:53pm:
The absolute reality is that if you are wrong and all the science is correct and we do nothing because so many people are convinced that it is untrue then a lot of people are going to die.

oh IFS? A lot of people are going to die anyway. That's what happens at the end of life.

Then you have the Eugenicists who insist that there are too many people. They want them to die.

Depriving people of affordable electricity is one way. They can continue to cook on dung stoves. That will serve them right. /sarc.

They can deny affordable electricity in colder countries; cold kills more than heat.

I see that Germany, the Green country, has increasing CO2 emissions despite the Energiewende program.

I guess they won't be meeting their Paris Commitment. In fact the EU as a whole is in the same boat as Australia.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #64 - Dec 22nd, 2018 at 8:26pm

I have done some work with people who do science with the CSIRO, I don't think you have any idea how smart those guys are.

What kind of work did you do with them?
Office cleaning? Deliveries? Scientific analysis? What?

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #65 - Dec 22nd, 2018 at 10:40pm

Frank wrote on Dec 22nd, 2018 at 8:26pm:

What kind of work did you do with them?
Office cleaning? Deliveries? Scientific analysis? What?

Technical support & IT. I never said that I am that smart But some of them sure are.

Also never said I worked at or for CSIRO - worked with some of the science people who did work for CSIRO.
« Last Edit: Dec 22nd, 2018 at 10:50pm by Dnarever »  

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #66 - Dec 22nd, 2018 at 10:43pm

lee wrote on Dec 22nd, 2018 at 8:07pm:

oh IFS? A lot of people are going to die anyway. That's what happens at the end of life.

Then you have the Eugenicists who insist that there are too many people. They want them to die.

Depriving people of affordable electricity is one way. They can continue to cook on dung stoves. That will serve them right. /sarc.

They can deny affordable electricity in colder countries; cold kills more than heat.

I see that Germany, the Green country, has increasing CO2 emissions despite the Energiewende program.

I guess they won't be meeting their Paris Commitment. In fact the EU as a whole is in the same boat as Australia.

Was plan "B" to post something that made sense or different garbage ?

Quote:
oh IFS? A lot of people are going to die anyway.

So potentially tens of millions extra dying because of the impact of AGW is no problem ? Really.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #67 - Dec 23rd, 2018 at 5:35am

Dnarever wrote on Dec 22nd, 2018 at 8:00pm:
Johnnie wrote on Dec 22nd, 2018 at 6:39pm:

That might be a little to confronting Duck, can you tone it down a bit..

It is a little confronting because that is the reality.

If climate change is real and we do nothing the result will be that many millions of people will die. I have little issue with connecting the people who help to cause this to be impacted in the outcome.

so tomorrow the whole world stops using fossil fuel....

fixed done........

how long before it reverses GW?

IF ONE accepts doomsday is round the corner...

and the only way to stop it or at the least slow it down is to do what???.........

can we find a better way to use fossil fuel?....

or is that impossible or too late?

if we stop using fossil fuel of any kind... and it will affect the WHOLE WORLD....and not in a good way...

what will we do for countries that depend completely on oil.? 

what are Climatologists plan Bs.....??

you claim every thing we do or dont do is a gamble....

and you want us to gamble on the side of scientists..

I remember its scientists who created the most destructive bomb  ever made.....

they have also created WMD and now nuclear chemical and biological weapons that  countries use to threaten each other...  all death machines....death to humans and death to the planet..

it seems to me    guys like you dna  are saying its too little too late...anyway.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

and no matter what Australia does it will never be enough..

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #68 - Dec 23rd, 2018 at 10:06am

That's why the conservatives only have 4 months before they get booted out into the political history bin because you lot just don't care about what you do ! All you lot care about is ripping everyone off on their energy needs Sad

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #69 - Dec 23rd, 2018 at 10:09am

It doesn't matter what we do at 1.24% it will hardly make any difference.

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #70 - Dec 23rd, 2018 at 10:23am

Ajax wrote on Dec 23rd, 2018 at 10:09am:

https://i.ibb.co/rk5sQfM/acfp.jpg

What about the sh.t that you export to everywhere else ? Would that make a difference ?

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #71 - Dec 23rd, 2018 at 11:05am

Dnarever wrote on Dec 22nd, 2018 at 10:43pm:
Was plan "B" to post something that made sense or different garbage ?

Poor Dna, I didn't think you were that thick.

Dnarever wrote on Dec 22nd, 2018 at 10:43pm:
So potentially tens of millions extra dying because of the impact of AGW is no problem ?

Oh. Potentially? can you show me a reference for that.

meanwhile -

"Over two-thirds of Indians still burn wood and dung-based fuel for cooking, leading to a million deaths a year from indoor pollution"

"The World Health Organization Household Air Pollution and Health report released in March this year states that over 50% of premature deaths among children under five are due to pneumonia caused by particulate matter (soot) inhaled from household air pollution. Over 3.8 million premature deaths annually from non-communicable diseases including stroke, ischemic heart disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and lung cancer are attributed to exposure to household air pollution, adds the report."

https://indiaclimatedialogue.net/2014/07/17/millions-die-indians-still-cook-wood...

1 million deaths a year in India alone from dung and wood fires - (no modern stoves).
In 10 years India alone would wipe out your potential 10 million. And that's happening now not potentially.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - Dec 23rd, 2018 at 11:07am

Sir lastnail wrote on Dec 23rd, 2018 at 10:23am:
What about the sh.t that you export to everywhere else ? Would that make a difference ?

The buyers should know all the claims on CO2 rise. They are masters of their own destiny, as we are of ours.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #73 - Dec 23rd, 2018 at 11:09am

Ajax wrote on Dec 23rd, 2018 at 10:09am:

https://i.ibb.co/rk5sQfM/acfp.jpg

It is that sort of attitude that has got the planet into this mess in the first place
It's interesting to note that per capita we are one of the highest at 18.6

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #74 - Dec 23rd, 2018 at 11:15am

The_Barnacle wrote on Dec 23rd, 2018 at 11:09am:
It's interesting to note that per capita we are one of the highest at 18.6

Oh dear. barney must want us all to move to the manufacturing south eats corner of the continent so we won't have all those nasty transport emissions. Grin Grin Grin

Or of course he could actually debate about how we could overcome that. Large areas to transport goods, large areas to provide electricity, large areas to transport people.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18
Send Topic Print