Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18
Send Topic Print
Climate Change - Time is running out says CSIRO (Read 33351 times)
The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: Climate Change - Time is running out says CSIRO
Reply #75 - Dec 23rd, 2018 at 11:19am

lee wrote on Dec 23rd, 2018 at 11:15am:
The_Barnacle wrote on Dec 23rd, 2018 at 11:09am:
It's interesting to note that per capita we are one of the highest at 18.6

Oh dear. barney must want us all to move to the manufacturing south eats corner of the continent so we won't have all those nasty transport emissions. Grin Grin Grin

Or of course he could actually debate about how we could overcome that. Large areas to transport goods, large areas to provide electricity, large areas to transport people.

Where did I say that?
Your post is what's called a strawman fallacy. hardly surprising coming from you.

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #76 - Dec 23rd, 2018 at 11:32am

The_Barnacle wrote on Dec 23rd, 2018 at 11:19am:
Where did I say that?

Oh dear barney and his lack of comprehension skills.

lee wrote on Dec 23rd, 2018 at 11:15am:
barney must want us all to move to the manufacturing south eats corner of the continent so we won't have all those nasty transport emissions.

It is not a statement of you DO want. Capiche?

The_Barnacle wrote on Dec 23rd, 2018 at 11:19am:
Your post is what's called a strawman fallacy. hardly surprising coming from you.

Yes, Once again barney blames his lack of comprehension on others. Grin Grin Grin Grin

But I did notice you didn't supply any debate about how we could reduce emissions from transport etc. Wink

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #77 - Dec 23rd, 2018 at 11:49am

lee wrote on Dec 23rd, 2018 at 11:32am:

no

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #78 - Dec 23rd, 2018 at 12:49pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Dec 23rd, 2018 at 11:49am:
lee wrote on Dec 23rd, 2018 at 11:32am:

no

Well you see, "must want" says I don't know your thinking. "Do(es) want" says I know your thinking.

So glad to help you understand basic English. Wink

Still no possible solutions to overcome transport emissions etc.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #79 - Dec 23rd, 2018 at 2:34pm

lee wrote on Dec 23rd, 2018 at 11:07am:
Sir lastnail wrote on Dec 23rd, 2018 at 10:23am:
What about the sh.t that you export to everywhere else ? Would that make a difference ?

The buyers should know all the claims on CO2 rise. They are masters of their own destiny, as we are of ours.

Unfortunately the planet doesn't care about countries and demarcation boarders. When it gets burnt we all suffer the same Sad

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #80 - Dec 23rd, 2018 at 2:47pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Dec 23rd, 2018 at 2:34pm:
Unfortunately the planet doesn't care about countries and demarcation boarders. When it gets burnt we all suffer the same

yes. Which is one reason why emissions per head are so stupid. And Australia is a carbon sink so is sequestering CO2 for China, India, Germany and all the others emitting more than they sequester.

Maybe we should charge for that.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #81 - Dec 23rd, 2018 at 11:20pm

lee wrote on Dec 23rd, 2018 at 2:47pm:
Sir lastnail wrote on Dec 23rd, 2018 at 2:34pm:
Unfortunately the planet doesn't care about countries and demarcation boarders. When it gets burnt we all suffer the same

yes. Which is one reason why emissions per head are so stupid. And Australia is a carbon sink so is sequestering CO2 for China, India, Germany and all the others emitting more than they sequester.

Maybe we should charge for that.

you are a f.cking doofus. They burn the sh.t we flog to them. How many times does it have to be explained to you ? Sad

You might get lucky this christmas and Santa Claus might bring you a brain this year Cheesy LOL

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #82 - Dec 24th, 2018 at 12:27am

Sir lastnail wrote on Dec 21st, 2018 at 10:54am:
Just look at the experts from the right crawl out from under their rocks to tell us that the CSIRO is wrong. Of course the LNP knows better with their lumps of coal in one hand and their dicks in the other Cheesy LOL

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/australia-set-for-more-heatwaves-and-fires-as-climat...

Quote:
Australia set for more heatwaves and fires as climate change hits: report

The State of the Climate 2018 report painted a grim picture of Australia's future.

Australia's key climate agencies are forecasting a bleak outlook for Australia, with the country increasingly feeling the effects of the world's changing climate.

The State of the Climate 2018 report, prepared by the Bureau of Meteorology and the CSIRO, has warned of more heatwaves and extreme fire weather around Australia as global temperatures continue to rise.

Those rises are commonly attributed to an increase in emissions of the so-called greenhouse gases, such as carbon dioxide and methane, working alongside other variables like the El Nino or La Nina events.

Director of the Climate Science Centre at the CSIRO, Dr Helen Cleugh, said CO2 levels were unprecedented.

"CO2 in the atmosphere now is at levels that we haven't seen in at least 800,000 years and if we go back to other observations, the science says we probably haven't seen these levels of CO2 concentration for maybe two million years."

The weather bureau's manager of climate monitoring Dr Karl Braganza said the latest data revealed Australia's climate had warmed by more than one degree since 1910.

Take a look at the NIGHT SIDE of the planet from space and you will see 'millions' of fires burning brightly and heating up the planet at a time (of night) that it should be regulating its cooling down from the day in the sun's light.
These 'fires' are what so-called 'intelligent' people refer to as 'civilisation'.  Roll Eyes

So unless we can create more 'shade' on the day side to compensate and cool that side down in return. Then I think we are well and truly burning a hole in our Life boat.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #83 - Dec 24th, 2018 at 6:17am

i wonder why labor premier Anastasia just opened the worlds biggest coal mine.
has she not read the CSIRO report?
now that school is finished and she doesnt have tuck shop duty, she should read it.
can she read ?

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #84 - Dec 24th, 2018 at 7:38am

Weren't the libs the first not to have a science minister to appease their fossil fuel donors?

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #85 - Dec 24th, 2018 at 9:27am

Sir lastnail wrote on Dec 23rd, 2018 at 11:20pm:
you are a f.cking doofus. They burn the sh.t we flog to them. How many times does it have to be explained to you ?

Yes. And when they burn it the emissions belong to them. They always have the option of going renewable only.

You might get lucky this christmas and Santa Claus might bring you a brain this year

Probably yours. I have been reliably informed it is in pristine condition, having never been used.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #86 - Dec 24th, 2018 at 9:31am

aquascoot wrote on Dec 24th, 2018 at 6:17am:
i wonder why labor premier Anastasia just opened the worlds biggest coal mine.
has she not read the CSIRO report?
now that school is finished and she doesnt have tuck shop duty, she should read it.
can she read ?

because she is a loser relying on digging sh.t out of the ground and property deals using borrowed money to keep what's left of her fake economy going. This is what happens when you deindustrialize a nation !

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #87 - Dec 24th, 2018 at 9:33am

lee wrote on Dec 24th, 2018 at 9:27am:
you are a f.cking doofus. They burn the sh.t we flog to them. How many times does it have to be explained to you ?

Yes. And when they burn it the emissions belong to them. They always have the option of going renewable only.

You might get lucky this christmas and Santa Claus might bring you a brain this year

Probably yours. I have been reliably informed it is in pristine condition, having never been used.

You're an idiot. We all suffer because of their emissions !

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #88 - Dec 24th, 2018 at 10:51am

Sir lastnail wrote on Dec 24th, 2018 at 9:33am:
lee wrote on Dec 24th, 2018 at 9:27am:

So we're saved if we pay billions to wall street and the United Nations.

Doomed if we don't.

When labor gets in and establishes and ETS just like Europe and elsewhere CO2 emissions will increase.

So we're doomed only if we don't become financial slaves.

Don't make sense to me.

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #89 - Dec 24th, 2018 at 11:10am

Sir lastnail wrote on Dec 24th, 2018 at 9:33am:

Exactly what are you suffering? incontinence?

Me? I'm healthy. Not suffering at all.

So who are these "all" you are talking about?

But of course we can charge them for sequestering their CO2 if that is what you wish, as I said before.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18
Send Topic Print