Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The Ozpolitic psychiatrist is urgently required (Read 1888 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: The Ozpolitic psychiatrist is urgently required
Reply #15 - Dec 16th, 2018 at 5:23pm

Term Dog wrote on Dec 16th, 2018 at 4:50pm:
I have never contacted them, if they are poo my bad. Try Lifeline then.

she did  not a whole lot better... maybe she got someone in Mumbai..

I know of one or two parents who are being driven mad by their teenagers.....they are floundering  because they dont know which way to jump.....my grandson  has so much potential  but he shuts down wont talk and storms off.....he has fractured what was a wonderful mother and son relationship...being so worried about m y daughters health I wrote him a letter, I hoped he would come and talk about it.....but although I see him its never mentioned...I love him as I always have but I cant stand by and let him abuse his mother like he has been......its domestic violence...shouting awful abuse....no he hasnt hit her  YET.....is that what it has to come down too?

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #16 - Dec 16th, 2018 at 9:58pm

You got that right - now stop mirror gazing... it bends your mind......

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #17 - Dec 16th, 2018 at 10:00pm

cods wrote on Dec 16th, 2018 at 4:25pm:
Cu Chulainn wrote on Dec 16th, 2018 at 4:20pm:
Term Dog wrote on Dec 16th, 2018 at 4:12pm:
LTYC is definitely depressed and self loathing.

I would go into more detail but I don't want to be responsible for him self harming again.

I do recommend he get professional help.... Beyond Blue org  I think is still going.

In my experience Beyond Blue sucks hairy ones. We tried, my wife and I to get them to initiate contact with a person in serious danger of topping themselves and neither of us could get it to happen.

my daughters experience as well.... shes been having so much trouble with her youngest son...he has massive mood swings and get very angry with his mum....I have been very concerned about her to be honest  and got on to her to get some personal help on how to deal with him....eventually she rang Beyond Blue  and it was a total waste of time...they couldnt even help her with him let alone her......what the hell is it all about?????......for all they know he could have been about to jump off a bridge.. I thought it was a very ordinary place to be directed too....

and would never suggest it to anyone who was in total despair..

Call the boy's father?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #18 - Dec 16th, 2018 at 11:53pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Dec 16th, 2018 at 9:58pm:
You got that right - now stop mirror gazing... it bends your mind......

It's OK to a certain extent I reckon, however, I've seen the results of those who have contacted these bs help lines or wasted their money on outside help. It stuffs them up. They're never the same person, except they think themselves as cured somehow because they had never had friends who knew them well enough, trusted well enough to not get the knives out.

I like the Croc. Dundee scenario where everybody knows, now get on with it. Accept your faults and those who don't accept them aren't your friends.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #19 - Dec 18th, 2018 at 10:33pm

Cu Chulainn wrote on Dec 16th, 2018 at 4:20pm:
Term Dog wrote on Dec 16th, 2018 at 4:12pm:
LTYC is definitely depressed and self loathing.

I would go into more detail but I don't want to be responsible for him self harming again.

I do recommend he get professional help.... Beyond Blue org  I think is still going.

In my experience Beyond Blue sucks hairy ones. We tried, my wife and I to get them to initiate contact with a person in serious danger of topping themselves and neither of us could get it to happen.

Having worked in the Psyche Industry (where 50% just need 'discipline' and a good kick up the butt - but the Western Medical system loves to 'cotton-wool' such 'bad behaviour').

Over the years I've had the odd run-in with
Beyond Blue
One of the great 'cures' for most of Australia's DEPRESSED is being in the water, the surf, the snorkel and the diving down into the
BIG BLUE
. No need for Meds or Black Dogs, etc.
..but the Medical Industry doesn't like to admit that the 'cure' for Depression is a NON-MEDICAL experience
  Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Dec 18th, 2018 at 10:41pm

There is no 'cure' for depression.  Medications are there to help the suffering individual coping a bit better, so that they can start to deal with their other problem.  Each and every doctor you talk to -  would tell you that mental health are often complicated, and multi dimensional.   No one would agree that medication is the only key. 

Anyway, if one has problems, the first person they should talk to is their GP.  Just make a long appointment.  And start the journey.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #21 - Dec 18th, 2018 at 10:54pm

tickleandrose wrote on Dec 18th, 2018 at 10:41pm:
There is no 'cure' for depression.  Medications are there to help the suffering individual coping a bit better, so that they can start to deal with their other problem.  Each and every doctor you talk to -  would tell you that mental health are often complicated, and multi dimensional.   No one would agree that medication is the only key. 

Anyway, if one has problems, the first person they should talk to is their GP.  Just make a long appointment.  And start the journey.

Depression and Mental Health are different.
Mental Health is skyrocketing because these days, life is 'physically' easier, but mentally more complex. People are suffering the mental version of a broken leg which is not really founded on depression which can incorporate mental/emotional/physical/living circumstances all in one.
Depression is more 'emotional' in its essence and the mental and physical side-effects are just that. When you emotionally crash and people can exhibit a relentless outpouring that mentally and physically drains them.
I've seen people so emotionally damaged that they can't stop crying, day-in-day-out... almost relentless and chronic and all based upon a feeling of 'dying' or 'to die'. The mental and physical side-effects of such a debilitating situation are pretty hard, but by no means the 'reason' behind the depression.
Substance abuse depression is a different thing - for starters, they bloody deserve it!  Cheesy Tongue

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #22 - Dec 18th, 2018 at 11:09pm

The first thing a GP will do is shove a presscription at you-they are drug pushers first and foremost- they aren't interested in a cure or getting to the root of your problem- they make money off the chronically "sick"- not in their interest to have you get well

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #23 - Dec 19th, 2018 at 12:52am

Jasin had the keys to the mental ward  Grin Well, it must be true that the only difference between the patients and their keepers is who has the keys ...

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print