Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Obamacare Unconstitutional.. (Read 1236 times)
President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Obamacare Unconstitutional..
Dec 15th, 2018 at 5:10pm

Quote:
Federal Judge in Texas Rules Obamacare Unconstitutional

OBAMACARE IS DEAD!

U.S. District Judge Reed O’Connor in Fort Worth, Texas declared that Obamacare is unconstitutional in a Friday ruling.

Last year, Congress invalidated the tax penalty for not purchasing insurance which opened up doors for the constitutionality of Obamacare to be challenged.

Bloomberg reported:

Obamacare was struck down by a Texas federal judge in a ruling that casts uncertainty on insurance coverage for millions of U.S. residents.

The decision Friday finding the Affordable Care Act unconstitutional comes just before the end of a six-week open enrollment period for the program in 2019 and underscores a divide between Republicans who have long sought to invalidate the law and Democrats who fought to keep it in place.

U.S. District Judge Reed O’Connor in Fort Worth agreed with a coalition of Republican states led by Texas that he had to eviscerate the Affordable Care Act, the signature health-care overhaul by President Barack Obama, after Congress last year zeroed out a key provision — the tax penalty for not complying with the requirement to buy insurance. The decision is almost certain to be appealed all the way to the Supreme Court.

Texas and an alliance of 19 states argued to the judge that they’ve been harmed by an increase in the number of people on state-supported insurance rolls.

They claimed that when Congress repealed the tax penalty last year, it eliminated the U.S. Supreme Court’s rationale for finding the ACA constitutional in 2012.

The Texas judge agreed.

“The remainder of the ACA is non-severable from the individual mandate, meaning that the Act must be invalidated in whole,” O’Connor wrote.

This is a huge blow to Obamacare and as it dies a slow death.

As previously reported, the Justice Department argued in court in June that key pieces of Obamacare, including the individual mandate are unconstitutional.

Since the individual mandate was repealed by Congress last year, the DOJ argued the mandate is no longer technically a tax, therefore unconstitutional.

Democrats and RINOs are desperate to keep Obamacare the law of the land; Obamacare must be obliterated.

President Trump reacted to the news Friday night:

Quote:
Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
Wow, but not surprisingly, ObamaCare was just ruled UNCONSTITUTIONAL by a highly respected judge in Texas. Great news for America!

1:16 PM - Dec 15, 2018

obamaloser.jpg (34 KB | )
obamaloser.jpg

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Re: Obamacare Unconstitutional..
Reply #1 - Dec 15th, 2018 at 5:33pm

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #2 - Dec 15th, 2018 at 6:09pm

You may want to be careful bringing up Obamacare since the repeal and replacement by Trump has been an abysmal failure and is a huge broken campaign promise that he's just given up on for now.

I guess with all his policy issues, losing control of the house, his legal trouble, staffing trouble and now his daughter's troubles, there isn't really much time left to fulfil his presidential duties.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #3 - Dec 15th, 2018 at 11:47pm

Also, for some added facts, the only parts of Obamacare that made it "unconstitutional" were the changes Trump didn't fail at implementing.

The only reason it is now "Unconstitutional" is that Trump and the Republicans removed the penalty associated with the individual mandate.

Look it up.

Shot yourself in the foot, again.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Dec 16th, 2018 at 1:57am

Let me give MAGAnic and a handful of other fools here a quick tutorial:  the genesis of Obamacare was a Republican idea created to hold off massive healthcare reform. The GOP loved it at the time. They loved it so much they adopted it in Massachusetts and called it Romneycare. Had Romney won the presidency in 2008 America would now have Romneycare and would be justifiably proud of their accomplishment. But he didn't win. And when Obama adopted the same idea and implemented it the GOP en masse attacked it. And are still attacking it. But what have the Republicans really accomplished with their assault on Obamacare? They have brought nearer the day when the very massive healthcare reform they fear will actually happen.

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #5 - Dec 16th, 2018 at 3:53am

Then this will kicked to an appeals court and once again the F A T Orange man will lose.

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Dec 16th, 2018 at 6:49am

Marla wrote on Dec 16th, 2018 at 3:53am:
Then this will kicked to an appeals court and once again the F A T Orange man will lose.

do you think Trump will lose in the Supreme Court?  Wink

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #7 - Dec 16th, 2018 at 7:17am

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Dec 16th, 2018 at 6:49am:

It doesn't matter.

Again, the facts are, you're attacking Obama over this, but it was the changes that Trump was able to implement (unlike the rest he failed to when controlling all levels of Government) that have allowed the courts to rule this way.

At this point, you might as well call it TrumpCare.

Trump himself even said there was no such thing as Obamacare anymore back in October 2017,

And on top of that we're reminded that he's failed, spectacularly, to deliver on yet another promise, to repeat and replace the health system with a beautiful, better, cheaper system that will cover everyone.

So we're at a crossroad, yet again.  Is Trump lying, or are you posting fake news Mech?

You can't both be right.  Is Obamacare gone, dead, no more as he's claimed for over a year now, or does it still exist so this ruling can be blamed on Obama, not Trump given that it's been his changes that have deemed it unconstitutional?

While you online and answering questions, there are a few other threads that are at a similar crossroad that to some it may look like you've abandoned, but surely not, you must have just overlooked them.

Here they are,

Arrests are Imminent .....

Trump Smashed out Trade Deal with China...

Does Comey have alzheimers??

Traitors and Saboteurs from within...

Thanks.

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #8 - Dec 16th, 2018 at 8:29am

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Dec 16th, 2018 at 6:49am:

Christ, you are so incredibly smacking stupid. With each and every one of your crappy/trolling 4Chan/Pundit post you clearly demonstrate without fail how much of a complete dumbass you really are. 

The F A T Orange man thinks there's some magical way this can happen. Why? Because they also believe the mandate is just there to bust their balls, ruin their collective days and destroy their freedom, and for no other purpose than that. Now listen up, dumbass, the mandate, as this Judge understands, is actually what allows for pre-existing conditions to be covered. Without the mandate, we would have a situation where people would only sign up for insurance only when they actually need it, which would pretty much eliminate the entire purpose of having insurance to begin with.

The F A T Orange man is not going to tell anyone that. He is  also not going to tell people that "high-risk pools," which are really their only "solution" to covering pre-existing conditions, will be very expensive and have extremely high premiums, deductibles and co-pays, which people with pre-existing conditions are not exactly going to be able to afford unless they have a whole lot of money (in which case they are more likely to have had health insurance all along).

So if this ever makes it to the Supreme Court,  it will be the third god damn time the constitutionality of the ACA has been brought before the court -- and five of the current justices have found it constitutional before. It's extremely unlikely to be upheld, though it will likely be cited until then by Rethuglicons who are eager to repeal the ACA with no actual plan in place for what to do after that except see their F A T Orange man be imoranged and off to prison.

Just do everyone a favor and up an kill yourself. You really are a waste of oxygen.   Grin

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Dec 16th, 2018 at 8:45am

the Amerikan courts must be the busiest in the world...

have you ever seen anything like this?....everything and everyone  is being sued....

where do they find the time for anything else...

like running the country?

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #10 - Dec 16th, 2018 at 8:48am

Shut the bugger up, clods.

Speaking of a waste of oxygen.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Dec 16th, 2018 at 8:55am

oh dear the mouth from the south.. I take it your dealer is out of town... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Dec 16th, 2018 at 8:57am

SadKangaroo wrote on Dec 15th, 2018 at 11:47pm:
Also, for some added facts, the only parts of Obamacare that made it "unconstitutional" were the changes Trump didn't fail at implementing.

The only reason it is now "Unconstitutional" is that Trump and the Republicans removed the penalty associated with the individual mandate.

Look it up.

Shot yourself in the foot, again.

Boom!    Grin

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #13 - Dec 16th, 2018 at 7:55pm

One way or the other the Obamacare is goin' down......Gut it, slice & dice it, strip it any way they want to......in the end it will be dead, rotten, meat....Declared Unconstitutional....I couldn't care a bit why, Unconstitutional means it's dead.....that it's gone to the scrap heap of dead ex-law.....The las surviving sliver of the ex-HNIC's "Mah Lagasee", "Mah Lagasee", what has day dun ta "Mah Lagasee"!!??  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

« Last Edit: Dec 16th, 2018 at 8:05pm by Panther »  

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Term Dog
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Dec 16th, 2018 at 8:33pm

Marla wrote on Dec 16th, 2018 at 8:48am:
Shut the bugger up, clods.

Speaking of a waste of oxygen.

Marla is why internet tough guy memes were made.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print