Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Stormy Daniels ordered to pay Trump $292,000 (Read 1996 times)
Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Stormy Daniels ordered to pay Trump $292,000
Dec 12th, 2018 at 11:43am

Stormy Daniels Ordered To Pay Trump $292G In Legal Fees

Source:      
FOX NEWS
       Quote:
Adult film star Stormy Daniels must pay President Trump $293,000 in legal fees, a judge ruled on Tuesday.

"The U.S. District Court today ordered Stormy Daniels (real name Stephanie Clifford) to pay President Trump $292,052.33 to reimburse his attorneys’ fees (75% of his total legal bill), plus an additional $1,000 in sanctions to punish Daniels for having filed a meritless lawsuit against the President designed to chill his free speech rights," Charles J. Harder, the president's legal counsel, said in a statement.

"The court’s order," Harder said, "along with the court’s prior order dismissing Stormy Daniels’ defamation case against the President, together constitute a total victory for the President, and a total defeat for Stormy Daniels in this case."

Attorneys for President Trump had asked a court earlier this month for nearly $800,000 in lawyers’ fees and penalties from Daniels for the failed defamation lawsuit against him. Harder defended more than 500 hours his firm spent that rang up a nearly $390,000 legal bill for the president and asked for an equal amount in sanctions as a deterrent against a “repeat filer or frivolous defamation cases.”........
continued

Stormy's Chickens Coming Home to Roost!!!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

« Last Edit: Dec 12th, 2018 at 11:48am by Panther »  

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Re: Stormy Daniels ordered to pay Trump $292,000
Reply #1 - Dec 12th, 2018 at 12:30pm

2 lots of punishment, having to bugger that gross fat manchild and now having to pay him for it.

Ewwwwwwwwwww

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Dec 12th, 2018 at 12:42pm

SadKangaroo wrote on Dec 12th, 2018 at 12:30pm:
2 lots of punishment, having to bugger that gross fat manchild and now having to pay him for it.

Ewwwwwwwwwww

I pity all the women females who have sex with that bloated orange douche-bag.

It must have been an horrific experience.

I threw up a little in my mouth just thinking of it.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Dec 12th, 2018 at 12:54pm

I wonder what she will do to raise that kind of cash...

Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Dec 12th, 2018 at 12:58pm

cods wrote on Dec 12th, 2018 at 12:54pm:
I wonder what she will do to raise that kind of cash...

Grin Grin Grin

She won't have to do a thing.

Her royalties will take care of it.

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #5 - Dec 12th, 2018 at 1:00pm

Ewwwwwwwwwww

Well I have nothing but praise for the American Legal System, not specifically for this particular outcome, but because if you bring a case to court & you win, the person who lost has to pay all court costs & legal fees....even your personal attorney fees.

In general if say you had XYZ Insurance Company that refused to pay for something you believed you were insured for. You think they should pay, but they flatly refuse.....so you hire a good lawyer to petition the court for satisfaction.

You win based on the merits of your complaint & overall case.

The court not only awards you satisfaction (the XYZ Insurance Company has to pay to fix your car).

Not only that, but simply because you won the case, & this is not at all unusual in the American Courts, you don't have to pay your lawyer a penny, nor any of his costs, nor any of the courts costs. All those costs will have to be paid by the XYZ Insurance Company.

The American System makes the wrong-doer conpletely liable for all court & legal costs, whereas the innocent....or wronged party....you.....shouldn't have the burden of any costs!

Wish they would adopt that sane protection of the innocent here in Australia, & stop punishing those that have been wronged, with court & legal fees. 

I wonder how many legitimate grievances are never lodged here in Australia because people are just afraid, or just can't afford to put up $50,000 in legal costs to win a $20,000 case?

« Last Edit: Dec 12th, 2018 at 1:16pm by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #6 - Dec 12th, 2018 at 3:18pm

Panther wrote on Dec 12th, 2018 at 1:00pm:

Ewwwwwwwwwww

Well I have nothing but praise for the American Legal System, not specifically for this particular outcome, but because if you bring a case to court & you win, the person who lost has to pay all court costs & legal fees....even your personal attorney fees.

In general if say you had XYZ Insurance Company that refused to pay for something you believed you were insured for. You think they should pay, but they flatly refuse.....so you hire a good lawyer to petition the court for satisfaction.

The court not only awards you satisfaction (the XYZ Insurance Company has to pay to fix your car).

Not only that, but simply because you won the case, & this is not at all unusual in the American Courts, you don't have to pay your lawyer a penny, nor any of his costs, nor any of the courts costs. All those costs will have to be paid by the XYZ Insurance Company.

The American System makes the wrong-doer conpletely liable for all court & legal costs, whereas the innocent....or wronged party....you.....shouldn't have the burden of any costs!

Wish they would adopt that sane protection of the innocent here in Australia, & stop punishing those that have been wronged, with court & legal fees. 

I wonder how many legitimate grievances are never lodged here in Australia because people are just afraid, or just can't afford to put up $50,000 in legal costs to win a $20,000 case?

If that was correct, she'd be paying the $800,000.00 Donald lawyers sought.  They got just over 25%.

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #7 - Dec 12th, 2018 at 3:48pm

Aussie wrote on Dec 12th, 2018 at 3:18pm:
Panther wrote on Dec 12th, 2018 at 1:00pm:

Ewwwwwwwwwww

If that was correct, she'd be paying the $800,000.00 Donald lawyers sought.  They got just over 25%.

There seems to always be an exception to the rule.......President Trump being a multi-billionaire, & his lawyers millionaires, the court probably saw what he got from the bitch sent the message.....was sufficient due to his/their means.

His lawyer probably used a 'padding' rule too, & padded his fees to inflate them by over 50%......

I wonder also.....how much did her lawyer charge her, & what were his court costs which he would usually pass on to his client if the case is lost......

« Last Edit: Dec 12th, 2018 at 4:00pm by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #8 - Dec 12th, 2018 at 4:11pm

Gee, that was a quick and dramatic flip!

Cool

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #9 - Dec 12th, 2018 at 5:03pm

Aussie wrote on Dec 12th, 2018 at 4:11pm:

Cool

No flip at all, don't be so self-satisfied, do your homework & you'll find that dealing with average income litigants, in the USA the court more-so than not, will usually order full costs & fees onto the person or entity that loses the case, though not automatically, costing the plaintiff nominally, if anything at all.  It's up to the discretion of the court, & the complexity of the case, coupled with the ability to pay.   Wink

« Last Edit: Dec 12th, 2018 at 5:12pm by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #10 - Dec 12th, 2018 at 6:11pm

Panther wrote on Dec 12th, 2018 at 5:03pm:

Cool

No flip at all, don't be so self-satisfied, do your homework & you'll find that dealing with average income litigants, in the USA the court more-so than not, will usually order full costs & fees onto the person or entity that loses the case, though not automatically, costing the plaintiff nominally, if anything at all.  It's up to the discretion of the court, & the complexity of the case, coupled with the ability to pay.   Wink

Well, I have no idea about the US situation......but for Australia, what you have posted is sheer garbage.  I suspect it is also garbage in the US but I have no idea.

IP Logged

Term Dog
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Dec 12th, 2018 at 6:23pm

Wouldn't matter if she was ordered to pay $2 or $2000 000, the point is the fake news saturated it into every platform on the planet for a year running fake stories and the left exploited it for political gain.

In the case of the news its the Trump bump to boost view$, the left it's just hate propaganda.

We got force fed another nothing burger from the left  again while they exploited this poor used up  whore.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #12 - Dec 12th, 2018 at 9:01pm

Term Dog wrote on Dec 12th, 2018 at 6:23pm:
Wouldn't matter if she was ordered to pay $2 or $2000 000, the point is the fake news saturated it into every platform on the planet for a year running fake stories and the left exploited it for political gain.

In the case of the news its the Trump bump to boost view$, the left it's just hate propaganda.

We got force fed another nothing burger from the left  again while they exploited this poor used up  whore.

The payoffs broke the law.

If you care even then slightest about wanting to hold Clinton to account you also have to hold Trump to the same standard.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #13 - Dec 12th, 2018 at 9:12pm

Aussie wrote on Dec 12th, 2018 at 6:11pm:
Panther wrote on Dec 12th, 2018 at 5:03pm:

Cool

Well, I have no idea about the US situation......but for Australia, what you have posted is sheer garbage.  I suspect it is also garbage in the US but I have no idea.

Found this.  Have scan read it.  Does not support your comments.

Link.

IP Logged

Term Dog
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Dec 12th, 2018 at 9:37pm

SadKangaroo wrote on Dec 12th, 2018 at 9:01pm:
Term Dog wrote on Dec 12th, 2018 at 6:23pm:

The payoffs broke the law.

If you care even then slightest about wanting to hold Clinton to account you also have to hold Trump to the same standard.

So you haven't even read the thread.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print