Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
New guy at work -weird reaction. (Read 1942 times)
Term Dog
Gold Member

Australian Politics

New guy at work -weird reaction.
Dec 8th, 2018 at 8:10am

He simply mentioned he has 5 kids everyone felt the need to laugh in astonishment and have a sarcastic go at him. The women all but said his wife is being abused by having that many kids and the men treated him like a disabled guy that deserves pity.

Basically women see large famies as life limiting and men see all and any relationship with a women as a liability and future court case resulting in loss of income, career, house and possible jail time.

The progressives and feminists have really bought us to a grand destination. The left really do want our society to end.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Re: New guy at work -weird reaction.
Reply #1 - Dec 8th, 2018 at 8:16am

Don't know about your work but I have come across people with large families in the workplace often and found that nobody had any derogatory opinion to make at all and some had well over 5.

5 is only a little above normal, 3 and 4 are rather common.

IP Logged

Term Dog
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Dec 8th, 2018 at 8:21am

Dnarever wrote on Dec 8th, 2018 at 8:16am:
Don't know about your work but I have come across people with large families in the workplace often and found that nobody had any derogatory opinion to make at all and some had well over 5.

3,4,5 kids is not common for people with jobs. It is common in welfare circles.

Clearly your "job" is getting the dole.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #3 - Dec 8th, 2018 at 8:24am

Term Dog wrote on Dec 8th, 2018 at 8:21am:

Last time I was unemployed I didn't get the dole, not likely that I will ever qualify for that.

A few years ago I was working with a guy who had 7 children, he worked full time, everyone treated him the same as everyone else. It was seldom even mentioned and when it was it wasn't judgemental.

IP Logged

Term Dog
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Dec 8th, 2018 at 8:30am

Dnarever wrote on Dec 8th, 2018 at 8:24am:

Last time I was unemployed I didn't get the dole, not likely that I will ever qualify for that.

A few years ago I was working with a guy who had 7 children, he worked full time, everyone treated him the same as everyone else. It was seldom even mentioned and when it was it wasn't judgemental.

Your personal experience does not reflect reality acroos the country you narcissist.

Are you just thick or autistic? Australia barely achieves replacement rate so your large family claim is the exception not the rule.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #5 - Dec 8th, 2018 at 8:39am

Term Dog wrote on Dec 8th, 2018 at 8:30am:
Dnarever wrote on Dec 8th, 2018 at 8:24am:

Your personal experience does not reflect reality acroos the country you narcissist.

Are you just thick or autistic? Australia barely achieves replacement rate so your large family claim is the exception not the rule.

Ask any of the girls, I know from my Daughters school experience that there are lots of families with 3 or 4 children.

Of course extremely large families is the exception, All I said is that 5 is not that extreme. I have come across 7 to 11 on occasion.

The one family of five I know was completed with accidental twins.

I am not trying to get up your nose, just stating that I have not found the same reaction that you have. I would hope that you can accept that.

Note: I have no desire or need to attribute you with a disability.

IP Logged

Term Dog
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Dec 8th, 2018 at 8:48am

So you have experienced exceptions to the rule, that's amazing, Bravo for you. Wasn't really the point of the thread tho.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #7 - Dec 8th, 2018 at 8:50am

It's my personal observations that people who are very wealthy when they start a family are having 4 or 5 kids.

The ones who are professionally ambitious or clawing their way up the wealth ladder are having just 1 or 2.

At the other end the houso types pop out 3 or 5 (to different men) to gain the biggest welfare advantage.

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #8 - Dec 8th, 2018 at 8:51am

Of course Muslims have as many as possible to try and breed us out.

IBI

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #9 - Dec 8th, 2018 at 8:58am

Term Dog wrote on Dec 8th, 2018 at 8:48am:
So you have experienced exceptions to the rule, that's amazing, Bravo for you. Wasn't really the point of the thread tho.

Were you taking them goal posts now ?

The point of the topic was how they are treated in the workplace which is where I found a different outcome to the one you claim.

You are the one who stepped away from the topic and now make this sideways claim.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #10 - Dec 8th, 2018 at 9:06am

Gordon wrote on Dec 8th, 2018 at 8:50am:
It's my personal observations that people who are very wealthy when they start a family are having 4 or 5 kids.

The ones who are professionally ambitious or clawing their way up the wealth ladder are having just 1 or 2.

At the other end the houso types pop out 3 or 5 (to different men) to gain the biggest welfare advantage.

Some truth there with a lot of exceptions. I would change very wealthy to include moderately well off. There seems to be a religious connection as well some catholic families may tend to be larger.

Among the poor it isn't only children to different fathers, just as common in stable couples.

To be honest the elephant in the room is the opposite, as the dog pointed out our birth rate is low overall and the number of women who are finding themselves or soon going to find themselves childless is very sad. Women in general are leaving it way too late and the clock is running out on them.

IP Logged

Term Dog
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Dec 8th, 2018 at 9:13am

Dnarever wrote on Dec 8th, 2018 at 8:58am:
Term Dog wrote on Dec 8th, 2018 at 8:48am:

Were you taking them goal posts now ?

The point of the topic was how they are treated in the workplace which is where I found a different outcome to the one you claim.

You are the one who stepped away from the topic and now make this sideways claim.

Read the thread title WEIRD REACTION - that would imply unusual, exceptional, not the norm.

Goal posts haven't changed.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #12 - Dec 8th, 2018 at 9:17am

Since every child costs about A$500,000 to raise I would say he would be wanting some OT..... Cheesy

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Term Dog
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Dec 8th, 2018 at 9:22am

Ajax wrote on Dec 8th, 2018 at 9:17am:
Since every child costs about A$500,000 to raise I would say he would be wanting some OT..... Cheesy

I am.happy to work shixt hours to give the family guys support.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #14 - Dec 8th, 2018 at 9:30am

Might be my nephew - they've got five kids but he works at a university.... too busy studying etc to work out what contraception does...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print