Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 
Send Topic Print
How Much Are These Submarines Going To Cost (Read 17103 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

Re: How Much Are These Submarines Going To Cost
Reply #150 - Mar 7th, 2019 at 8:46pm

Personally I think all Military are Poofters.
I mean - take the 'Whitey' male.
Had to invent 'projectile weaponry' because he wasn't PHYSICALLY strong and tough enough to fight Zulus, Apaches, Aztecs, Maori and Aboriginals - no matter how 'primitive' they were. Engaging in hand-to-hand combat resulted in Whitey getting their butts whipped by superior size, numbers and stamina.
Even when Whitey's were going 'hand-to-hand' during the Greek to Viking ages - they just couldn't breed good enough and their ranks were filled with Poofs everywhere. They could only breed in Europe, while the Darkies bred everywhere around the whole world!

So chicken legs Whitey had to invent the gun so he could safely stay from harms way and kill others like a snake in the grass.

Even now - the Cold 'Default' War between USA and his Mommy 'USSR' threatened to destroy the whole world unless the Blacks coughed up Australia for the Whiteys. Such is 'blackmail'.
"Give us half the world, or we'll destroy it all!" said the whitey.

Military is for the Green (Olive) skinned Reptillian South Americans,
one of which - their 'Greatest' rules over the 'Brown' Lands of the Middle-East as 'Emperor'.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #151 - Mar 7th, 2019 at 10:33pm

Secret Wars wrote on Mar 7th, 2019 at 8:27pm:
Many soldiers would remember seeing Zulu during training which was shown just prior to one of the field phases.  It was a bit of a break and relax from beasting and I guess the course programmers  thought it showed some good lessons in discipline. Instructors would have seen it many many times, probably 20 but there was a rota  system, you don’t need all the training staff to manage a company watching a movie.

You did need a projectionist - me.   I had to be there to feed the film through the projector, add each successive reel and make sure they fed onto the other reel correctly.  An interesting job which allowed me to watch many different films.  Some were classics in the training genre.  Zulu was shown to all Army Reserve recruit courses.  I showed it over fifty times myself.  A classic on leadership.   The first question asked was a classic as well.  "Why didn't the Colour Sergeant win a Victoria Cross?"   The correct answer was, "because he wasn't doing anything that wasn't expected of him!"   Wink

The real reason why so many VCs were awarded for Rorke's Drift was because there were only two bravery awards at the time - a "Mention in Dispatches" and the "Victoria Cross".  All the other awards were created later.

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Spatchcock

Australian Politics

Reply #152 - Mar 7th, 2019 at 10:36pm

Bobby. wrote on Mar 7th, 2019 at 8:23pm:
Secret Wars wrote on Mar 7th, 2019 at 8:18pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Mar 7th, 2019 at 7:20pm:
Bobby. wrote on Mar 7th, 2019 at 7:17pm:

Rifle Range at Parris island Marine Corps Depot.A Class in combat These Marines are training their shooting Skills.

You are aware that this is a scene from a movie, aren't you, Bobby?

These are actors playing at training their shooting skills, nothing more.

I saw in the first few seconds several breaches of Australian Range etiquette which would have seen the instructors thrown off the range and charged with "conduct prejudicial and unbecoming," of an NCO.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Really Brian, I reckon you would have ended up on the carpet explaining your idiocy to the RSM,  appropriate charges on breaching range etiquette would be disobeying general orders ie range instructions, negligent duty or dangerous behaviour.

But Brian's qualifications are unquestioned.

Brian,
Quote:
I have a Master of Defence Studies, a post-grad Diploma in Defence Studies, a Ba(Hon) in Politics and History and a Ba in Politics and History.  I have 10 years experience in the Australian Army.  I have over 30 years in the IT industry working from a Statistical Programmer to a Systems Engineer.  Those are my credentials.  What are yours?   None it appears from your comments in this thread.

I don't understand how he has a BA with honors and a BA without. He even has the same majors on it.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #153 - Mar 7th, 2019 at 10:40pm

Secret Wars wrote on Mar 7th, 2019 at 8:29pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Mar 7th, 2019 at 8:23pm:

Rifle Range at Parris island Marine Corps Depot.A Class in combat These Marines are training their shooting Skills.

I saw in the first few seconds several breaches of Australian Range etiquette which would have seen the instructors thrown off the range and charged with "conduct prejudicial and unbecoming," of an NCO.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Really Brian, I reckon you would have ended up on the carpet explaining your idiocy to the RSM,  appropriate charges on breaching range etiquette would be disobeying general orders ie range instructions, negligent duty or dangerous behaviour.

You obviously don't know what "conduct prejudicial to good order and discipline," is, do you?   Roll Eyes

Hehehe I certainly do Brian, tell me, what’s comes next after that preamble?   Cool

No idea.  It has been over 30 years since I did Military Discipline as part of my Corporal Subject One course.  It was a catch-all charge, added after all other charges in order to make sure that the charged was convicted.  As I never charged anybody and was never charged, I cannot testify that to being the case, however it was what I was always advised.

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #154 - Mar 7th, 2019 at 10:43pm

Spatchcock wrote on Mar 7th, 2019 at 10:36pm:
I don't understand how he has a BA with honors and a BA without. He even has the same majors on it.

I have a Ba and a Ba(Hon) degree.  Everybody who does Honours does so after completing their Bachelor degree.   I was unique, I was awarded both at the same time, undertaking the last six units of my Bachelor's degree during my Honours year.   Cool

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #155 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 4:10am

Looks like you're 'both' in the right here.
Well, well - fancy that.
Grin

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #156 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 8:21am

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 7th, 2019 at 10:40pm:
No idea.  It has been over 30 years since I did Military Discipline as part of my Corporal Subject One course.  It was a catch-all charge, added after all other charges in order to make sure that the charged was convicted.  As I never charged anybody and was never charged, I cannot testify that to being the case, however it was what I was always advised.

It was obvious you have no idea, the charge you are describing is prejudicial behaviour which has a couple of elements to it, and the second part of your incorrect preamble was to outline how incorrect range etiquette would sustain a charge of prejudicing the discipline or bringing into disrepute the Defence Force.

An RSM would be very very displeased if, for a breach of range etiquette you tried such a charge because you thought it was a catch-all when there are perfectly adequate and more appropriate charges available.  As a catch-all it would be listed amongst the list of alternative charges and without checking I am pretty sure it isn’t.    If the RSM allowed it to go ahead I am sure ALS as the reviewing authority would reject it. 

Range charges have to be the easiest things going, almost bread and butter and  never ever have I seen a charge of prejudicial behaviour used.  It’s a silly notion.

IP Logged

Spatchcock

Australian Politics

Reply #157 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 1:36pm

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 7th, 2019 at 10:43pm:
Spatchcock wrote on Mar 7th, 2019 at 10:36pm:

I have a Ba and a Ba(Hon) degree.  Everybody who does Honours does so after completing their Bachelor degree.   I was unique, I was awarded both at the same time, undertaking the last six units of my Bachelor's degree during my Honours year.   Cool

I've only ever seen someone graduate with a BA or a BAhons. Don't you get offered to participate in the honors course towards the end of your BA? And if you complete it you graduate once, but with honors?

IP Logged

Spatchcock

Australian Politics

Reply #158 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 1:43pm

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 7th, 2019 at 10:40pm:
Secret Wars wrote on Mar 7th, 2019 at 8:29pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Mar 7th, 2019 at 8:23pm:

You obviously don't know what "conduct prejudicial to good order and discipline," is, do you?   Roll Eyes

Hehehe I certainly do Brian, tell me, what’s comes next after that preamble?   Cool

You are a really bad representative of the military. Firstly, you use personal attacks and identify with the military. So you would have an argument and in that argument almost invoke quasi military representation whilst being a fool. This is not good for "hearts and minds". Second, when I tried to call out a sector of government as amoral, you tried to insist, on more than one occasion, that the whole military is inhumane. After I had already established I do not view the young men and women of the military as representative of the identified problem, you encouraged me to. You would have me view the entire thing negatively.

Everything you do brings the service in to disrepute. You are a really bad representative of it. Not only that, but you set yourself up for ridicule. You claim military service and then we find your service was as a blanket counter. So you deflate the sense of relevance or credibility military service has when we discover you counted blankets and drove forklifts instead of volunteering for a combat role.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #159 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 2:23pm

What happened to this pious declaration of being high and mighty, way above communication with Mr Ross?

Quote:
I will not reply to you anywhere on this website again.

Good to see a person of such deep conviction!

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #160 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 4:13pm

Spatchcock wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 1:43pm:
You are a really bad representative of the military. Firstly, you use personal attacks and identify with the military. So you would have an argument and in that argument almost invoke quasi military representation whilst being a fool. This is not good for "hearts and minds". Second, when I tried to call out a sector of government as amoral, you tried to insist, on more than one occasion, that the whole military is inhumane. After I had already established I do not view the young men and women of the military as representative of the identified problem, you encouraged me to. You would have me view the entire thing negatively.

Everything you do brings the service in to disrepute. You are a really bad representative of it. Not only that, but you set yourself up for ridicule. You claim military service and then we find your service was as a blanket counter. So you deflate the sense of relevance or credibility military service has when we discover you counted blankets and drove forklifts instead of volunteering for a combat role.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  I thought you weren't engaging with me any more?  Oh, well, off back to your little kiddies' playground where your antics are tolerated.  You are IMO a WOFTM.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #161 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 5:51pm

I personally think that anyone in the Military are Gay.
No balls to face the enemy toe-to-toe in hand to hand combat (unless they are wearing sandals and no bullet proof vest) with 'machines' doing their dirty work.
I've shagged the odd Military chick with Colonel being my highest rank (banged her hard), even if it wasn't an Australian Rank.

Nothing funnier that see white guys fawn over the Green Skinned Reptillian people's World of Military. Olive Skin anyone?  Grin Grin

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #162 - Sep 27th, 2019 at 12:32pm

Spotted this old cartoon today and just had to post it here.  Grin

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #163 - Sep 27th, 2019 at 9:07pm

Grin

You would think Australia has the intelligence in the Military to build upon the successful German U-Boats and Nipponese Mini-Subs and design/construct our own 'modern' version that could keep Australia's shores safe as a 1st Stage Defence system like...
SHARKS.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #164 - Sep 27th, 2019 at 9:11pm

IBI

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 
Send Topic Print