Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 
Send Topic Print
Stop Multiculturalism In Australia.....NOW!!! (Read 30736 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: Stop Multiculturalism In Australia.....NOW!!!
Reply #165 - Mar 18th, 2019 at 12:39pm

Captain Nemo wrote on Mar 17th, 2019 at 10:20pm:
Well, I suppose one could argue that we are all from the one tribe originally, out of the "Cradle of Africa."

One can also argue that the God of Islam is the same God of Christianity, the one "Creator God."

Makes one feel all warm and fuzzy that Christians and Muslims worship the same God and all came out of Africa.  Grin

That makes Frankie baby and LTYC true brothers eh?  Wink

Sorry about that Frankie baby!  Cheesy

p.s.

Somewhere along the line, some Neanderthal DNA got mixed up in the whole thing. Some people have more Neanderthal in them than others. I reckon Frankie baby has a fairly large dose of Neanderthal DNA.  Wink

Now, that's not very nice.  I am sure there are some Neanderthals who object to being called related to someone as primitive as Soren...   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #166 - Mar 18th, 2019 at 12:40pm

Grin

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #167 - Mar 18th, 2019 at 3:25pm

Neanderthals were European & Middle-Eastern.
Denisovians were Asian and there was a African 'group' called X ...all three isolated Races were over-taken by Homo-Sapiens that crawled out of the vaginal crack of the Rift Valley.

Strange that 'every' species, even way back to early primitive versions of Hominids - came from the Rift Valley? Huh Huh Huh Huh

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #168 - Mar 27th, 2019 at 9:14am

Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs Linked to Prejudice

There's no gentle way to put it: People who give in to racism and prejudice may simply be dumb, according to a new study that is bound to stir public controversy.

The research finds that children with low intelligence are more likely to hold prejudiced attitudes as adults. These findings point to a vicious cycle, according to lead researcher Gordon Hodson, a psychologist at Brock University in Ontario. Low-intelligence adults tend to gravitate toward socially conservative ideologies, the study found. Those ideologies, in turn, stress hierarchy and resistance to change, attitudes that can contribute to prejudice, Hodson wrote in an email to LiveScience.

"Prejudice is extremely complex and multifaceted, making it critical that any factors contributing to bias are uncovered and understood," he said.

Polling data and social and political science research do show that prejudice is more common in those who hold right-wing ideals that those of other political persuasions, Nosek told LiveScience. [7 Thoughts That Are Bad For You]

"The unique contribution here is trying to make some progress on the most challenging aspect of this," Nosek said, referring to the new study. "It's not that a relationship like that exists, but why it exists."

Brains and bias

Earlier studies have found links between low levels of education and higher levels of prejudice, Hodson said, so studying intelligence seemed a logical next step. The researchers turned to two studies of citizens in the United Kingdom, one that has followed babies since their births in March 1958, and another that did the same for babies born in April 1970. The children in the studies had their intelligence assessed at age 10 or 11; as adults ages 30 or 33, their levels of social conservatism and racism were measured. [Life's Extremes: Democrat vs. Republican]

In the first study, verbal and nonverbal intelligence was measured using tests that asked people to find similarities and differences between words, shapes and symbols. The second study measured cognitive abilities in four ways, including number recall, shape-drawing tasks, defining words and identifying patterns and similarities among words. Average IQ is set at 100.

Social conservatives were defined as people who agreed with a laundry list of statements such as "Family life suffers if mum is working full-time," and "Schools should teach children to obey authority." Attitudes toward other races were captured by measuring agreement with statements such as "I wouldn't mind working with people from other races." (These questions measured overt prejudiced attitudes, but most people, no matter how egalitarian, do hold unconscious racial biases; Hodson's work can't speak to this "underground" racism.)

As suspected, low intelligence in childhood corresponded with racism in adulthood. But the factor that explained the relationship between these two variables was political: When researchers included social conservatism in the analysis, those ideologies accounted for much of the link between brains and bias.

People with lower cognitive abilities also had less contact with people of other races.

"This finding is consistent with recent research demonstrating that intergroup contact is mentally challenging and cognitively draining, and consistent with findings that contact reduces prejudice," said Hodson, who along with his colleagues published these results online Jan. 5 in the journal Psychological Science.

there is reason to believe that strict right-wing ideology might appeal to those who have trouble grasping the complexity of the world.

"Socially conservative ideologies tend to offer structure and order," Hodson said, explaining why these beliefs might draw those with low intelligence. "Unfortunately, many of these features can also contribute to prejudice."

In another study, this one in the United States, Hodson and Busseri compared 254 people with the same amount of education but different levels of ability in abstract reasoning. They found that what applies to racism may also apply to homophobia. People who were poorer at abstract reasoning were more likely to exhibit prejudice against gays. As in the U.K. citizens, a lack of contact with gays and more acceptance of right-wing authoritarianism explained the link. [5 Myths About Gay People Debunked]

Prejudice is of particular interest because understanding the roots of racism and bias could help eliminate them, Hodson said. For example, he said, many anti-prejudice programs encourage participants to see things from another group's point of view. That mental exercise may be too taxing for people of low IQ.

https://www.livescience.com/18132-intelligence-social-conservatism-racism.html

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #169 - Mar 27th, 2019 at 1:23pm

Ah, that explains so much about so many who post here.   Wink

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #170 - Mar 27th, 2019 at 1:24pm

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 27th, 2019 at 1:23pm:
Ah, that explains so much about so many who post here.   Wink

Indeed.

It comes as no surprise, though.

In fact, I've been saying as much for quite some time.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #171 - Mar 27th, 2019 at 7:42pm

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 14th, 2019 at 9:48pm:
Seems to have worked throughout history, Hammer.   Look back, Ancient Egypt, Persia, Greece, Rome - all multicultural empires.   Look at the Dark Ages - all multicultural nations.  Look at the medieval period - all multicultural nations and empires.  Look at the Renaissance - all medieval nations and empires.  Look at the European Imperial powers - all multicultural.  Look at the Chinese Empire - multicultural.  Look at Mayan, Toltec, Aztec, Incan empires - all multicultural.  Multiculturalism works and always has worked.  Only under maniacs like Hitler has it failed because the misplaced belief in monoculturalism.   Roll Eyes

It worked here too didn't it? ... Yet each tribe with it's own boundary ... all the same skin colour ... each tribe with it's own name

They were all black, you'd think they'd all get on together, how come they weren't one big happy family without borders?

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #172 - Mar 27th, 2019 at 8:17pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Mar 27th, 2019 at 7:42pm:
Seems to have worked throughout history, Hammer.   Look back, Ancient Egypt, Persia, Greece, Rome - all multicultural empires.   Look at the Dark Ages - all multicultural nations.  Look at the medieval period - all multicultural nations and empires.  Look at the Renaissance - all medieval nations and empires.  Look at the European Imperial powers - all multicultural.  Look at the Chinese Empire - multicultural.  Look at Mayan, Toltec, Aztec, Incan empires - all multicultural.  Multiculturalism works and always has worked.  Only under maniacs like Hitler has it failed because the misplaced belief in monoculturalism.   Roll Eyes

It worked here too didn't it? ... Yet each tribe with it's own boundary ... all the same skin colour ... each tribe with it's own name

They were all black, you'd think they'd all get on together, how come they weren't one big happy family without borders?

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lydv6fkAcX1r37zoyo1_500.jpg

Ah, a good question at last!  Well, I suppose it might have been 'cause there was no over-arching political organisation, encompassing them all and making them all a single nation-state.   Nation-states developed elsewhere, usually 'cause one group - political, cultural or even "racial" decided they wanted to control other political/cultural/"racial" groups and created them...   Europe took several thousand years to work it out.  The UK worked it out over 300 years ago.   The US worked it out, about 200 years ago.  Australia worked it out, about 200 years ago.  Funny how missed the message...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #173 - Mar 27th, 2019 at 8:27pm

It takes an idiot like you, Bwian, to come up with this tired old historicist load of shite - imposing today's 'multicultural' standards on the past.  You are too stupid, unlettered and ignorant to realise that - so you plow on, ever ignorant, ever idiotic.  All your examples were anything BUT 'multicultural'. Multiculturalism is a recent neologism and only idiots like you would blithely apply the term to earlier periods in history.

Insufferable, ignorant 'Doctor of Divinity'.   Your vanity is laughable, ludicrous.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #174 - Mar 27th, 2019 at 8:47pm

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 27th, 2019 at 8:17pm:

Ah, a good question at last!  Well, I suppose it might have been 'cause there was no over-arching political organisation, encompassing them all and making them all a single nation-state.   Nation-states developed elsewhere, usually 'cause one group - political, cultural or even "racial" decided they wanted to control other political/cultural/"racial" groups and created them...   Europe took several thousand years to work it out.  The UK worked it out over 300 years ago.   The US worked it out, about 200 years ago.  Australia worked it out, about 200 years ago.  Funny how missed the message...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Yes it was a good question wasn't it?

And it looks like you think the Aboriginals would have been better off if they had been full-on nationalists

They had 40,000 years to become nationalists, yet they remained separate tribes - must be something in that
« Last Edit: Mar 28th, 2019 at 12:08am by Bias_2012 »  

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #175 - Mar 27th, 2019 at 8:51pm

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 27th, 2019 at 8:17pm:

Thank you for testifying to your ignorance and idiocy, Bwian.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

miketrees

Australian Politics

Reply #176 - Mar 28th, 2019 at 12:36pm

Just a reminder
If you do the line through and I find it,I will delete it

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #177 - Mar 28th, 2019 at 12:49pm

miketrees wrote on Mar 28th, 2019 at 12:36pm:
Just a reminder

Why?  What would you suggest as an alternative way of removing objectionable material from a post, Mmmm?   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #178 - Mar 28th, 2019 at 12:54pm

Brian Ross wrote on Mar 28th, 2019 at 12:49pm:
Just a reminder

Why?  What would you suggest as an alternative way of removing objectionable material from a post, Mmmm?   Roll Eyes

Isn't there a forum rule about altering posts Brian?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #179 - Mar 28th, 2019 at 12:57pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Mar 28th, 2019 at 12:54pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Mar 28th, 2019 at 12:49pm:
Just a reminder

Isn't there a forum rule about altering posts Brian?

Well, then that leaves out editing posts for brevity, now doesn't it, Hammer?   Strike through allows the read to still read what was said, even if it was stupid and ad hominem which is what Soren excels at...   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 
Send Topic Print