Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
LIFE: Photo &/or Chemo?? (Read 816 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

LIFE: Photo &/or Chemo??
Dec 1st, 2018 at 5:36pm

After watching an older DVD called "Aliens of the Deep" by James Cameron...

The discovery of 'Life' far below in a world without any sunlight-photosynthesis but managing quite well via a process called CHEMO-synthesis: Heat.

So then - the possibility of 'Life' on Pluto (for example) has a very real chance of being viable.
It seems the human trap of accepting only what we 'know' and not what there is 'to know' - shows us a new possibility of Life beyond our own scope of understanding.

Thus, I wonder - with much prolific life in 'the darkness'. Can we develop this very process even further to the benefit of the planet as a whole.

In other words - should we be using CHEMO-synthesis upon all 'night' environments?
Rather than continue to 'replicate' a photo-synthetic world in the dark of night?

...I mean, after all - the planet is getting
'warmer'
and if you look from space upon the 'night-side', its covered with many
'fires
' of human habitation.  Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Re: LIFE: Photo &/or Chemo??
Reply #1 - Dec 1st, 2018 at 7:52pm

And you wonder why the Earth is HEATING up!
Check out all of these 'night fires' of heat generation.
To think this is just Italy!

So if we are going to continue doing this - then some sort of 'renaissance' of Life needs to be added: Chemosynthesis of the Night Side???

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #2 - Dec 2nd, 2018 at 10:13am

Jasin wrote on Dec 1st, 2018 at 5:36pm:
[color=#0000ff][size=12]

The discovery of 'Life' far below in a world without any sunlight-photosynthesis but managing quite well via a process called CHEMO-synthesis: Heat.

So then - the possibility of 'Life' on Pluto (for example) has a very real chance of being viable.

No.
Pluto is cold, tiny, dead, distant dwarf planet. There are many far more likely places for life in our solar system. Europa, Titan and Encladus to name a few but there is no guarantee that any of them have life.

Chemo synthetic life has first proposed in the 1890s and was subsequently discovered around hydro-thermal vents in the 1970s.

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Term Dog
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Dec 2nd, 2018 at 11:10am

Pluto is not a.planet anymore.

IP Logged

Term Dog
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Dec 2nd, 2018 at 11:12am

Astrobiology is now a mature field, they consider alternative pathways to life.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Dec 3rd, 2018 at 8:26pm

Chemosynthesis would allow for underground crops to grow. No need for sunlight - just heat.

I wonder if Chemosynthesis Crabs and Prawns are tastier to eat than the Photozone ones near the surface and on shore?

Do they have eyes? If not - will they still feel pain? Huh

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print