Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 44
Send Topic Print
All Muslims support genocide (Read 58569 times)
polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: All Muslims support genocide
Reply #375 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 1:04pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 9:48pm:
John Smith wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 9:44pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 5:55pm:
We'll try again.

FD, why can the Muselman have that sort of flexibility in relation to something thats supposedly in the Quran [ie to promote a peaceful and tolerant Islam], but not be in the least bit flexible when it comes to supporting some hearsay about Muhammad thats not even part of Islamic doctrine?

Too scared to say?

taquiya

Good answer, JS, thanks for that.

What do you think, FD? Is JS right?

We're up to 2 pages and counting. How's my prediction of 10 pages of deflection looking?

FD at least do me a favour and never again whinge about other people's alleged deflecting and ignoring questions ok?

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #376 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 1:06pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jun 16th, 2019 at 12:57pm:
freediver wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 5:36pm:
Refusing to let the fact that Muhammad committed genocide reflect badly on their religion is not logical Gandalf. They do it because their religion compels them to, not because they are engaging in an exercise of logic.

There religion compels them to because of the logic you set out in the OP FD: Quran says x, so muslims musn't do y, and so "all muslims" must do z. Thats called logic. The giveaway is in the use of the words "so" between all the (logical) steps. If it was not logical, you couldn't predict that they do it. Illogical is fundamentally unpredictable. An "illogical" muslim, in your terms, would be one who doesn't think they need to support genocide - despite their belief in the Quran and reverence of Muhammad as the 'best' [sic] example of mankind.

I'm surprised you have so little understanding of the concept of logic FD.

Have you ever met one of these "illogical Muslims"?

We are up to 26 pages in now, and you are still trying to BS your way out of this, when you could prove me wrong so easily, if I was wrong.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #377 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 1:27pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jun 16th, 2019 at 1:04pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 9:48pm:
John Smith wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 9:44pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 5:55pm:
We'll try again.

FD, why can the Muselman have that sort of flexibility in relation to something thats supposedly in the Quran [ie to promote a peaceful and tolerant Islam], but not be in the least bit flexible when it comes to supporting some hearsay about Muhammad thats not even part of Islamic doctrine?

Too scared to say?

taquiya

Good answer, JS, thanks for that.

What do you think, FD? Is JS right?

We're up to 2 pages and counting. How's my prediction of 10 pages of deflection looking?

FD at least do me a favour and never again whinge about other people's alleged deflecting and ignoring questions ok?

FD?

G asked you a question, dear.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #378 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 1:50pm

freediver wrote on Jun 16th, 2019 at 1:06pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Jun 16th, 2019 at 12:57pm:
freediver wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 5:36pm:
Refusing to let the fact that Muhammad committed genocide reflect badly on their religion is not logical Gandalf. They do it because their religion compels them to, not because they are engaging in an exercise of logic.

There religion compels them to because of the logic you set out in the OP FD: Quran says x, so muslims musn't do y, and so "all muslims" must do z. Thats called logic. The giveaway is in the use of the words "so" between all the (logical) steps. If it was not logical, you couldn't predict that they do it. Illogical is fundamentally unpredictable. An "illogical" muslim, in your terms, would be one who doesn't think they need to support genocide - despite their belief in the Quran and reverence of Muhammad as the 'best' [sic] example of mankind.

I'm surprised you have so little understanding of the concept of logic FD.

Have you ever met one of these "illogical Muslims"?

We are up to 26 pages in now, and you are still trying to BS your way out of this, when you could prove me wrong so easily, if I was wrong.

FD why is it you feel so compelled to reply, yet say so little of worth?

You are wrong by default because your "logic" in the OP (which you now hillariously think somehow isn't logic) is such BS - as has been demonstrated ad-infinitum.

For example you can't even explain why some muslims can be "morally flexible" regarding what you consider a clear command in the Quran, but never ever regarding a matter of heresay about Muhammad - that isn't even part of Islamic doctrine. You've been ducking and weaving from this question for at least 2 pages now. I wonder why?

freediver wrote on Jun 16th, 2019 at 1:06pm:
when you could prove me wrong so easily, if I was wrong.

I don't need to prove negatives FD.

You came up with the most utterly laughable claim that all muslims support genocide - without a shred of evidence except to quote what I said (and apparently thats good enough for what 1.5 billion other people think). The rest is based solely on laughable logic - that you now hillariously think is not logic.

As I keep saying, had you said "it makes sense for muslims to support genocide" or something along those lines, we wouldn't be up to 26 pages of you flailing around like an incoherent drunk, absurdly thinking you are right by default until I prove a negative.

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #379 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 4:27pm

Quote:
For example you can't even explain why some muslims can be "morally flexible" regarding what you consider a clear command in the Quran, but never ever regarding a matter of heresay about Muhammad - that isn't even part of Islamic doctrine. You've been ducking and weaving from this question for at least 2 pages now. I wonder why?

You are doing it again Gandalf. I explained why. You just didn't like my answer.

Quote:
I don't need to prove negatives FD.

That's what you have been demanding me to do Gandalf. For you it would be a case of proving a positive. Something comparatively simple to do.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #380 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 9:56pm

freediver wrote on Jun 16th, 2019 at 4:27pm:
You are doing it again Gandalf. I explained why.

Nope. You didn't. You are confused about which of the many questions you haven't answered. The only part of my critique you "addressed" (using the term most generously), was the contention that not all muslims believe the genocide happened. And that amounted entirely to the completely inane kindergarten non-answer "because... gandalf". You have never addressed the glaring inconsistency of maintaining that muslims can have "moral flexibility" about chapter 9 which enables them to believe in a peaceful and tolerant Islam - but can never have any flexibility about a matter of hearsay about the prophet that is not even part of Islamic doctrine (unlike chapter 9). But if and when you do, I imagine it will be another inane "because... gandalf" retort.

freediver wrote on Jun 16th, 2019 at 4:27pm:
That's what you have been demanding me to do Gandalf. For you it would be a case of proving a positive. Something comparatively simple to do.

Your flailing around for 26 pages has been a classic case of the "argument from ignorance" or "argument from incredulity" fallacy. You cannot fathom how muslims could not support genocide, and you articulate this through the logic you present in the OP. You then conclude that because you see no evidence of muslims rejecting/renouncing genocide - or more accurately, because you cannot comprehend *HOW* muslims could possibly reject/renounce genocide, this means that therefore all muslims, every single man woman and child from all corners of the globe, must support it.

This is your premise, and you spend the next 26 pages acting out this logical fallacy - saying that it is true by default (thread title), and remains true until proven otherwise. This is what I mean by you demanding I 'prove a negative' -your contention that it is true until I disprove it - and that it is incumbent upon me to provide that 'disproof' before your claim can be considered false. Whereas in reality, the opposite is true. Without a shred of evidence that 1.5 billion people think like a mindless collective on this one point of hearsay, your claim in the thread title is wrong by default, until such time as you can provide evidence that this is they way "all muslims" (not 1, or 5, but 1.5 billion) think. Which you obviously can't.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #381 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 10:05pm

Quote:
Nope. You didn't. You are confused about which of the many questions you haven't answered. The only part of my critique you "addressed" (using the term most generously), was the contention that not all muslims believe the genocide happened.

Wrong. I wrote a lengthy response the last time you asked the same thing.

Like I said, you are doing it again. You were wrong the last time we went round this circle, though you would not admit it, even though we went round it a few times. And you are wrong again.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #382 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 11:12pm

freediver wrote on Jun 16th, 2019 at 10:05pm:
Quote:
Nope. You didn't. You are confused about which of the many questions you haven't answered. The only part of my critique you "addressed" (using the term most generously), was the contention that not all muslims believe the genocide happened.

Wrong. I wrote a lengthy response the last time you asked the same thing.

Like I said, you are doing it again. You were wrong the last time we went round this circle, though you would not admit it, even though we went round it a few times. And you are wrong again.

You have an interesting interpretation of "lengthy response" FD - you haven't written any response longer than 2 lines since I last asked you - which was reply# 364 if you really want to be pedantic about it. Was the answer "because all those muslims think like gandalf"? Is it ok if I call that the "mindless collective" argument?

Is your overall argument still "All muslims support genocide - until otherwise proven"? And are you still maintaining that is definitely not a "negative proof" argument?

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #383 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 11:47pm

Before we go round the circle once more Gandalf, will you concede you were wrong the last time you did this?

polite_gandalf wrote on May 31st, 2019 at 3:16pm:
Because you are not even bothering to consider those who don't believe it happened

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #384 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 11:50pm

No I was not wrong FD - you "considered" them by explaining that they do nothing but think exactly like gandalf - which is not really considering them at all (as real humans with agency). Its why I call it the "mindless collective" argument - or in other words a non-argument.

Do you still consider a two line quip a "lengthy response"? Or did you not actually mean the actual last time I asked you?

Its late FD, get some sleep and put some more thought into your posts tomorrow.

You don't have to reply just for the sake of replying - while saying nothing at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #385 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 11:53pm

polite_gandalf wrote on May 31st, 2019 at 3:16pm:
Because you are not even bothering to consider those who don't believe it happened

polite_gandalf wrote on Jun 16th, 2019 at 11:50pm:
No I was not wrong FD - you "considered" them

Which of these statements is true Gandalf?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #386 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 11:54pm

Try quoting full sentences FD if you are going to honestly depict what I actually say.

I'll give you a hint: when I say "considered" in inverted commas, its a bit of a giveaway that its not really "considering" at all. Or you could just quote the words in the sentence that you ommitted straight after - that literally say exactly that.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #387 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 11:56pm

And here are some rpevious examples of you making the same idiotic complaint about the same point:

freediver wrote on May 31st, 2019 at 10:03am:
Here is the last time, only two days ago, where you demanded I repeat myself:

freediver wrote on May 29th, 2019 at 8:51am:
Here is the most recent example, from the previous page of this thread:

freediver wrote on May 22nd, 2019 at 7:38pm:
Quote:
Will you at least acknowledge that there are some muslims around who don't believe the massacre happened - and who also don't subscribe to the "in any case they were a mindless collective, so genocide is still awesome" narrative that you ascribe to me?

You eventually got around to denying the massacre happened, once you realised supporting genocide was not a good look. But you still maintained your support for genocide.

And here you are, two days later, in your second post in this thread after I made that one, insisting I never addressed it:

polite_gandalf wrote on May 24th, 2019 at 10:13am:
I pointed out the existence of muslims who reject the alleged massacre even happened - a fact that you didn't even bother to try and refute. And so by that measure alone, your claim is at a stroke disproven, as is the flawed logical steps that led to the claim.

For some reason you never actually addressed that point. I expect your response would have been of the "they don't really mean what they say" variety, which of course, naturally is *NOT* doing any such thing as denying them agency to think for themselves, heaven forbid.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #388 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 11:56pm

Oh look FD still swooping in for a "last word" reply that he hasn't thought about.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #389 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 11:57pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jun 16th, 2019 at 11:54pm:
Try quoting full sentences FD if you are going to honestly depict what I actually say.

I'll give you a hint: when I say "considered" in inverted commas, its a bit of a giveaway that its not really "considering" at all. Or you could just quote the words in the sentence that you ommitted straight after - that literally say exactly that.

And here is the last time I explained to you that I have already explained it to you:

freediver wrote on May 31st, 2019 at 8:44pm:
Gandalf are you seriously arguing that this post is not about Muslims who deny the genocide?

freediver wrote on May 31st, 2019 at 2:00pm:
Because it is a question of historical fact Gandalf. If Muslims maintain that genocide is evil and that Muhammad would have been evil if he had committed genocide, then the only barrier to concluding Muhammad is evil is establishing a fact that nearly every Muslim on earth already considers to be established. This is probably why you still maintain support for genocide at the same time as denying it.

That, and a lot of the genocide denial, such as yours, merely boils down to playing down the number of Jews slaughtered by Muhammad, in which case the difference between Muhammad and evil is merely an arbitrary distinction on how many Jews you have to slaughter before it becomes genocide.

Muslims, even the Quran-only variety, can never be completely aloof from Muhammad, by virtue of the fact that Muhammad wrote the Quran. None of them want to invite the conclusion that the Quran was merely another tool for Muhammad's evil.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 44
Send Topic Print