Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 44
Send Topic Print
All Muslims support genocide (Read 58155 times)
polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: All Muslims support genocide
Reply #360 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 12:04pm

Sadly abu, I suspect FD has a good couple more pages of ducking and weaving left in him.

Perhaps it will help if we both asked him:

FD, why can the Muselman have that sort of flexibility in relation to something thats supposedly in the Quran [ie to promote a peaceful and tolerant Islam], but not be in the least bit flexible when it comes to supporting some heresay about Muhammad thats not even part of Islamic doctrine?

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #361 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 1:02pm

I agree.

FD, why can the Muselman have that sort of flexibility in relation to something thats supposedly in the Quran [ie to promote a peaceful and tolerant Islam], but not be in the least bit flexible when it comes to supporting some heresay about Muhammad thats not even part of Islamic doctrine?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #362 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 1:49pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jun 7th, 2019 at 10:24pm:
freediver wrote on Jun 7th, 2019 at 5:40pm:
How long are you going to keep playing this game of pretending I don't answer your questions whenever you don't like the response, then pretending it didn't happen? It's getting a little tedious don't you think?

Depends FD, how long are you going to keep pretending you gave an answer that was something other than 'because gandalf' and 'they think what I deem fit for them to think'?

And how could you come up with any answer that doesn't involve concluding that muslims don't mean what they say? For example how do you explain when a muslim says "I don't support genocide" - without even bothering to try and understand him other than the inane "cause gandalf"?

FD do you agree you have some hide attacking me as the one that insists muslims don't mean what they say?

I gave at least two simple answers I can think of that you are either ignoring or misrepresenting.

You said you do not support genocide. Then you went on to support genocide. Seeing as you have not come up with any other examples of Muslims who oppose genocide, and so have not asked the question, I cannot guess what my answer might be. Except of course for your example of the 3 year old 'Muslim', and you know what my response was there, and it was not what you suggest.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #363 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 1:57pm

He's back.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #364 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 3:21pm

freediver wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 1:49pm:
You said you do not support genocide. Then you went on to support genocide.

Good FD, this is called the "because gandalf said it" argument. I hope you're taking note.

It doesn't seem you have anything else. Shame.

freediver wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 1:49pm:
Seeing as you have not come up with any other examples of Muslims who oppose genocide

Good show FD. All muslims support genocide - until proven otherwise. Sound fair no?

Oh, but just one more little thing... you still haven't actually explained why that is a reasonable or logical starting point in relation to those muslims who reject the idea that Muhammad can never be criticised for the things he did as a mortal man. You still haven't explained why it must logically follow that the Quran command that he is a "good example" necessarily means absolutely everything he did must be "supported". And you still haven't addressed the logical inconsistency of accepting that muslims can be "morally flexible" on certain things like rejecting the alleged command to slaughter all mushrikin "wherever ye find them" (and actually advocate a peaceful and tolerant Islam) - but can never ever have any flexibility on a matter of heresay about the Prophet that isn't even part of Islamic doctrine.

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #365 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 3:50pm

Quote:
Good show FD. All muslims support genocide - until proven otherwise. Sound fair no?

Not to the victims of Islam's genocide.

Quote:
Oh, but just one more little thing... you still haven't actually explained why that is a reasonable or logical starting point in relation to those muslims who reject the idea that Muhammad can never be criticised for the things he did as a mortal man.

I never claimed Muslims are reasonable and logical.

How soon till you next insist I did not answer a question because you don't like my response Gandalf?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #366 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 4:35pm

freediver wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 3:50pm:
I never claimed Muslims are reasonable and logical.

Yet you claim they all follow logic - the logic that they are bound to support genocide because Muhammad did it, and because the Quran tells them Muhammad is the best [sic] example to follow. If you never thought muslims were logical, then what is left of your argument FD? When you say " they cannot let something like Muhammad's genocide of the Medina Jews reflect badly on Islam" - what other reason is there that this is so other than they are acting "logically"? Why on earth would you think that "illogical" muslims would all think in unison in the one perfectly predictable way? Isn't the point of being illogical that its impossible to predict how they would think given they are not following any logical flow? Yet somehow you are sure of how all these illogical people think. And you explain it by the logic you assume they follow no less!

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #367 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 4:47pm

Quote:
Yet you claim they all follow logic - the logic that they are bound to support genocide because Muhammad did it

It's not logic, it's just what Muslims do.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #368 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 5:08pm

freediver wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 4:47pm:
It's not logic it's just what Muslims do

The argument you set out in the OP is called logic FD. It is what you might term 'the logic of a muslim's belief - according to FD'. You seem to keep forgetting it, so here it is again:

Quote:
Muslims believe that Muhammad (tgp) is the best example for all Muslims to follow. The Quran tells them so. So they cannot let something like Muhammad's genocide of the Medina Jews reflect badly on Islam or Muhammad. So, their religion compels them to support Muhammad's genocide.

The giveaway is the use of the words "so" before each time you assert what muslims do.

Do you think it makes sense to assert that a bunch of illogical people hold a particular thought process (that leads them to support genocide - as described in your logic above) that is entirely predictable and consistent?

If, as you nonsensically claim now, that there is no logic to why muslims support genocide, and that its merely "what they do", wouldn't your argument essentially be "all muslims support genocide - and I have no idea why"?

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #369 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 5:36pm

Refusing to let the fact that Muhammad committed genocide reflect badly on their religion is not logical Gandalf. They do it because their religion compels them to, not because they are engaging in an exercise of logic.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #370 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 5:55pm

We'll try again.

FD, why can the Muselman have that sort of flexibility in relation to something thats supposedly in the Quran [ie to promote a peaceful and tolerant Islam], but not be in the least bit flexible when it comes to supporting some hearsay about Muhammad thats not even part of Islamic doctrine?

Too scared to say?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #371 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 9:44pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 5:55pm:
We'll try again.

FD, why can the Muselman have that sort of flexibility in relation to something thats supposedly in the Quran [ie to promote a peaceful and tolerant Islam], but not be in the least bit flexible when it comes to supporting some hearsay about Muhammad thats not even part of Islamic doctrine?

Too scared to say?

taquiya

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #372 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 9:48pm

John Smith wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 9:44pm:
We'll try again.

Too scared to say?

taquiya

Good answer, JS, thanks for that.

What do you think, FD? Is JS right?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #373 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 12:57pm

freediver wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 5:36pm:
Refusing to let the fact that Muhammad committed genocide reflect badly on their religion is not logical Gandalf. They do it because their religion compels them to, not because they are engaging in an exercise of logic.

There religion compels them to because of the logic you set out in the OP FD: Quran says x, so muslims musn't do y, and so "all muslims" must do z. Thats called logic. The giveaway is in the use of the words "so" between all the (logical) steps. If it was not logical, you couldn't predict that they do it. Illogical is fundamentally unpredictable. An "illogical" muslim, in your terms, would be one who doesn't think they need to support genocide - despite their belief in the Quran and reverence of Muhammad as the 'best' [sic] example of mankind.

I'm surprised you have so little understanding of the concept of logic FD.

Quote:

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #374 - Jun 16th, 2019 at 1:04pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 9:48pm:
John Smith wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 9:44pm:
We'll try again.

Too scared to say?

We're up to 2 pages and counting. How's my prediction of 10 pages of deflection looking?

FD at least do me a favour and never again whinge about other people's alleged deflecting and ignoring questions ok?

taquiya

Good answer, JS, thanks for that.

What do you think, FD? Is JS right?

Quote:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 44
Send Topic Print