Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 44
Send Topic Print
All Muslims support genocide (Read 58548 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: All Muslims support genocide
Reply #315 - May 30th, 2019 at 4:23pm

You are confused Gandalf. This is what you said:

polite_gandalf wrote on May 24th, 2019 at 10:13am:
I pointed out the existence of muslims who reject the alleged massacre even happened - a fact that you didn't even bother to try and refute. And so by that measure alone, your claim is at a stroke disproven, as is the flawed logical steps that led to the claim.

For some reason you never actually addressed that point. I expect your response would have been of the "they don't really mean what they say" variety, which of course, naturally is *NOT* doing any such thing as denying them agency to think for themselves, heaven forbid.

How else am I supposed to interpret this but being about genocide denial?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #316 - May 30th, 2019 at 6:03pm

well you didn't address that one either - apart from the trusty old "every muslim must think like gandalf" insult.

Would you care to have a go now?

Also why on earth would muslims be doctrinally obliged to 'support' something they don't even believe happened under Islam?

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #317 - May 30th, 2019 at 7:31pm

Have you seriously forgotten already?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #318 - May 30th, 2019 at 9:26pm

freediver wrote on May 30th, 2019 at 4:23pm:
You are confused Gandalf. This is what you said:

I pointed out the existence of muslims who reject the alleged massacre even happened - a fact that you didn't even bother to try and refute. And so by that measure alone, your claim is at a stroke disproven, as is the flawed logical steps that led to the claim.

For some reason you never actually addressed that point. I expect your response would have been of the "they don't really mean what they say" variety, which of course, naturally is *NOT* doing any such thing as denying them agency to think for themselves, heaven forbid.

How else am I supposed to interpret this but being about genocide denial?

He's got you there, G. Now you're denying Moh's genocide.

Do you deny it?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #319 - May 31st, 2019 at 9:08am

freediver wrote on May 30th, 2019 at 7:31pm:
Have you seriously forgotten already?

I certainly haven't forgotton your 'because gandalf said it' non-response.

Did you have an actual response that is actually relevant?

Also why on earth would muslims be doctrinally obliged to 'support' something they don't even believe happened under Islam?

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #320 - May 31st, 2019 at 10:03am

Here is the last time, only two days ago, where you demanded I repeat myself:

freediver wrote on May 29th, 2019 at 8:51am:
Here is the most recent example, from the previous page of this thread:

freediver wrote on May 22nd, 2019 at 7:38pm:
Quote:
Will you at least acknowledge that there are some muslims around who don't believe the massacre happened - and who also don't subscribe to the "in any case they were a mindless collective, so genocide is still awesome" narrative that you ascribe to me?

You eventually got around to denying the massacre happened, once you realised supporting genocide was not a good look. But you still maintained your support for genocide.

And here you are, two days later, in your second post in this thread after I made that one, insisting I never addressed it:

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #321 - May 31st, 2019 at 10:53am

Thanks FD, I think thats the third time you've proved to me that your answer to what other muslims besides me might or not think is to say "look at gandalf".

Do you have anything else? You know, something that doesn't involve projecting my alleged thoughts on to other musilms?

why on earth would muslims be doctrinally obliged to 'support' something they don't even believe happened under Islam? Is your only answer really "cause you did it"?

Quote:

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #322 - May 31st, 2019 at 11:08am

polite_gandalf wrote on May 31st, 2019 at 10:53am:
Thanks FD, I think thats the third time you've proved to me that your answer to what other muslims besides me might or not think is to say "look at gandalf".

Do you have anything else?

Sure. Abu.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #323 - May 31st, 2019 at 11:44am

Abu didn't deny it happened and cheered it on - or at least I'm happy to take FD's word for it thats what he did.

The question was about other muslims who deny the 'genocide' - who not even FD can deny exists. His 'answer' is to point to me apparently supporting genocide as a general principle even if I may not believe that Muhammad did it.

How does this make sense? FD is interested in logic in coming up with his claim. The logic that the Quran says x, and muslims are compelled to abide by it.

So it comes down to what the doctrine says, as the basis for what "all muslims" support. Thats the basis for FD's argument.

Yet in this case we are not talking about what the doctrine says. A 'no genocide' muslim denies Muhammad did it in the first place, so what is his doctrine commanding that he support? Certainly not genocide. Yet FD's only answer seems to be "well they'll support it anyway - because thats what gandalf did". Even though gandalf was talking completely outside any Islamic/doctrinal context.

So really FD needs to add an extra step to his logic. For the current logical process is clearly inadquate:

Quote:
Muslims believe that Muhammad (tgp) is the best example for all Muslims to follow. The Quran tells them so. So they cannot let something like Muhammad's genocide of the Medina Jews reflect badly on Islam or Muhammad. So, their religion compels them to support Muhammad's genocide.

- he really has to add "they are somehow compelled to also support what they believe Muhammad didn't do".

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #324 - May 31st, 2019 at 11:48am

Do you have anything else? You know, something that doesn't involve projecting my alleged thoughts on to other musilms?

why on earth would muslims be doctrinally obliged to 'support' something they don't even believe happened under Islam? Is your only answer really "cause you did it"?

You are missing the point Gandalf. Denying genocide is not the same as opposing it. As to why Muslims do this, can you think of any Muslims who might be able to explain it to you?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #325 - May 31st, 2019 at 11:50am

Indeed, but it was never a "genocide" to begin with. It was a team of plotters executed for treason over a thousand years ago.

Who cares? Off with their heads.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #326 - May 31st, 2019 at 11:52am

freediver wrote on May 31st, 2019 at 11:48am:

You are missing the point Gandalf. Denying genocide is not the same as opposing it. As to why Muslims do this, can you think of any Muslims who might be able to explain it to you?

I doubt that, FD. G has to consult with a Freeeeedom-loving non-Muslim for this one.

You?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #327 - May 31st, 2019 at 12:00pm

freediver wrote on May 31st, 2019 at 11:48am:

You are missing the point that there is absolutely no logic in saying that all muslims who deny Muhammad committed genocide must still be doctrinally compelled to support genocide - for some mysterious reason that you won't explain other than the inane "look at gandalf".

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #328 - May 31st, 2019 at 2:00pm

Because it is a question of historical fact Gandalf. If Muslims maintain that genocide is evil and that Muhammad would have been evil if he had committed genocide, then the only barrier to concluding Muhammad is evil is establishing a fact that nearly every Muslim on earth already considers to be established. This is probably why you still maintain support for genocide at the same time as denying it.

That, and a lot of the genocide denial, such as yours, merely boils down to playing down the number of Jews slaughtered by Muhammad, in which case the difference between Muhammad and evil is merely an arbitrary distinction on how many Jews you have to slaughter before it becomes genocide.

Muslims, even the Quran-only variety, can never be completely aloof from Muhammad, by virtue of the fact that Muhammad wrote the Quran. None of them want to invite the conclusion that the Quran was merely another tool for Muhammad's evil.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #329 - May 31st, 2019 at 2:00pm

Come come, G, you're obliged to support doctrines like killing Jews who do it Mardi Gras-style, paedophilia, wife-beating and squatting down to pee and playing with your dick afterwards.

Why wouldn't you support genocide?

Remember, FD lost Abu. You're the one example FD has of his favourite tinted caricature, the Muselman.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 44
Send Topic Print