Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 44
Send Topic Print
All Muslims support genocide (Read 58579 times)
Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: All Muslims support genocide
Reply #270 - May 18th, 2019 at 11:56pm

freediver wrote on May 18th, 2019 at 6:41pm:
?

Sometimes a question is just a question.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #271 - May 21st, 2019 at 3:09pm

So why did you say this:

Quote:
and ignoring the irrelevant stuff about what one individual muslim allegedly says

?

Because its about me, not 1.5 billion people. If you are going to make statements about what 1.5 billion individual men women and children think and say, then you need to have 1.5 billion individual quotes to prove it. Nothing less.

Surely not even you are saying I am "proof" of what 1.5 billion people think are you? Because that would be the mother of all "mindless collective" arguments.

So why am I the only one who contradicts myself when I say this?

Because you simultaneously say you are right, obviously.

And before you try it, saying I am sure Muhammad existed is not arrogant - as no one disputes it, and there is more than enough evidence to support it. Please don't even try to compare that claim to a claim about every single muslim, man woman and child having the exact same thought process about genocide, based on absolutely nothing but some ham-fisted attempt at deductive reasoning + it was gandalf wot did it.

Modern science is entirely built on theories that are impossible to prove but easy to disprove. Why does your "argument" not apply to that?

Your absurd claim is not just impossible to prove, it is impossible to even have any basis at all - unless you are going to individually interview 1.5 billion men women and children from all corners of the globe. And thats why its not scientific. When you corner yourself by inserting the word "all", instead of "many" or even "most", then you doom any chances you might have had of making it in any way "scientific". Its now in the realm of "making crap up without having a clue". Thats what you do, its not what science does. Scientific theories may be easy to disprove, but they definitely give due respect to actual evidence. The case for a scientific theory does not solely rest on the logic of some deductive reasoning - at least not in the 'modern scientific' sense. It has to have actual evidence to support it.

What you present is an affront to modern science. It is the very sort of crap that modern science tries to expunge from the world.

Also, how is it easy to "disprove" Muhammad? History is not science. Nor is making up crap about the singular 'hive mind' thought processes of 1.5 billion people. Come to think of it, modern science has nothing to do with what we are discussing. Not sure why you keep bringing it up.

Why is he not the best example? Do you have a better one in mind.

A better example for a someone living in the 21st century would be someone who didn't live in ancient history, I would have thought.

The Quran says he is an example, not that he is the best example. Just another flaw in your logic.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #272 - May 21st, 2019 at 9:46pm

Quote:
Because its about me, not 1.5 billion people.

All those other 1.5 billion Muslims are also individuals Gandalf.

Quote:
Surely not even you are saying I am "proof" of what 1.5 billion people think are you? Because that would be the mother of all "mindless collective" arguments.

I have spent the last 19 pages explaining to you that it is nothing to do with proof.

Quote:
Because you simultaneously say you are right, obviously.

So when you say it is theoretically possible for you to be wrong, you mean you actually are wrong?

Quote:
And before you try it, saying I am sure Muhammad existed is not arrogant

Could it be wrong?

Quote:
as no one disputes it

Argumentum ad populum is a logical fallacy Gandalf.

Quote:
and there is more than enough evidence to support it

But by your own logic, if you cannot prove it, you must default to it being a lie.

Quote:
Please don't even try to compare that claim to a claim

I am comparing logic Gandalf. Not the claims.

Quote:
it is impossible to even have any basis at all - unless you are going to individually interview 1.5 billion men women and children from all corners of the globe

Do they all believe that Muhammad existed?

Quote:
And thats why its not scientific. What you present is an affront to modern science.

You are confused about why I mentioned science Gandalf.

Quote:
The Quran says he is an example, not that he is the best example. Just another flaw in your logic.

Do you think there are any people who are a better example than Muhammad to mankind?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #273 - May 22nd, 2019 at 1:49pm

freediver wrote on May 21st, 2019 at 9:46pm:
All those other 1.5 billion Muslims are also individuals Gandalf.

Indeed. And you don't have a clue what almost all of them actually think. Yet you still think its ok to state that all of them, to a man woman and child, are of one mind in supporting genocide. Kinda like a mindless collective who are given no agency to think outside what FD deems fit for them to think.

freediver wrote on May 21st, 2019 at 9:46pm:
Do they all believe that Muhammad existed?

Probably.

Its the next logical leaps you apply that are the problem here FD.

Why can't a single muslim on earth believe that its not necessary to blindly support everything he did as a falible human, according to the circumstances of his time - especially when it has nothing to do with the actual message of Islam?

Why can't a single muslim on earth decide for themselves that the accounts of the alleged massacre are not as you depict them?

Will you at least acknowledge that there are some muslims around who don't believe the massacre happened - and who also don't subscribe to the "in any case they were a mindless collective, so genocide is still awesome" narrative that you ascribe to me?

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #274 - May 22nd, 2019 at 1:58pm

FD can't acknowledge that, G. He'd be speaking on behalf of Muslims.

And you don't count. You could be practicing taqiyya.

No, the only way to resolve this is to look at the Pew Survey in Cute and Cuddly Malaysia. 60% of them support death for apostasy, so that gives us a pretty good indication of what Muslims think about Moh's genocide of the Jewish race.

Mindless collective, no individuality whatsoever, so unfair.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #275 - May 22nd, 2019 at 6:18pm

Muslims like their women on the Miss Piggy scale....

The Singer AND Dentist and the gharqad tree....

And some weird botoxed Muslim Kardashians. Alladin, makes us look Scandinavian in a weird and deluded way, Insh'allah.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #276 - May 22nd, 2019 at 7:02pm

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #277 - May 22nd, 2019 at 7:38pm

Quote:
Indeed. And you don't have a clue what almost all of them actually think.

We do have the Pew surveys, which you and every other apologist have attempted to discredit, because you don;t like what Muslims actually say they think.

Quote:
Its the next logical leaps you apply that are the problem here FD.

Before we get to that, why are you allowed to make statements on behalf of all Muslims, but not me?

Quote:
Why can't a single muslim on earth believe that its not necessary to blindly support everything he did as a falible human, according to the circumstances of his time - especially when it has nothing to do with the actual message of Islam?

Because they would then realise he made the entire thing up. He wrote too much of the rape and pillage into the Quran to separate the man's actions from the book. In any case, I will leave it to you to find one of these theoretical Muslims you keep banging on about.

Quote:
Will you at least acknowledge that there are some muslims around who don't believe the massacre happened - and who also don't subscribe to the "in any case they were a mindless collective, so genocide is still awesome" narrative that you ascribe to me?

You eventually got around to denying the massacre happened, once you realised supporting genocide was not a good look. But you still maintained your support for genocide.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #278 - May 22nd, 2019 at 9:17pm

freediver wrote on May 22nd, 2019 at 7:38pm:
We do have the Pew surveys, which you and every other apologist have attempted to discredit, because you don;t like what Muslims actually say they think.

Exactly. Would you like to quote the Pew Survey, FD, or should I?

We'll await your reply. Just C&C Malaysia, or all the others?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #279 - May 23rd, 2019 at 2:11pm

Right, and which part of that survey establishes that 100% of them support genocide? I must have missed that question.

why are you allowed to make statements on behalf of all Muslims, but not me?

This is a joke right? What statements "on behalf of all muslims" am I making that are even remotely equivalent to saying every single one of them, to a man woman and child supports genocide as a mindless hive mind with no individual agency? I've been at pains to point out the diversity of opinion amongst muslims and how every muslim has their own interpretation and understanding of their religion- which is literally the exact opposite of the approach you are taking, which is the mindless collective approach.

Because they would then realise he made the entire thing up. He wrote too much of the rape and pillage into the Quran to separate the man's actions from the book. In any case, I will leave it to you to find one of these theoretical Muslims you keep banging on about.

There you go again, imposing your interpretation of Islam on to every single individual muslim, and denying them any agency to think differently to how you think muslims should think.

muslims think how I tell them to think ~ by FD.

Pathetic.

Quote:

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #280 - May 23rd, 2019 at 6:56pm

polite_gandalf wrote on May 23rd, 2019 at 2:11pm:

Right, and which part of that survey establishes that 100% of them support genocide? I must have missed that question.

This is a joke right? What statements "on behalf of all muslims" am I making that are even remotely equivalent to saying every single one of them, to a man woman and child supports genocide as a mindless hive mind with no individual agency? I've been at pains to point out the diversity of opinion amongst muslims and how every muslim has their own interpretation and understanding of their religion- which is literally the exact opposite of the approach you are taking, which is the mindless collective approach.

There you go again, imposing your interpretation of Islam on to every single individual muslim, and denying them any agency to think differently to how you think muslims should think.

Pathetic.

Muhammed was genocidal.
You, as a Muslim, adore Muhammed. Have to.
Ergo - You support genocide.

There is no freedom of thought or speech under Muslim rule. As a Muslims you, all of you Muslims, must go along with whatever the hell Muhammed did.
To all the people Muslims conquered, you are the embodiment of Satan. Ruthless murderers, slavers, rapists, devastaters. For Muhammed.
From Christians in Egypt and Syria to Hindus in Norther India. Islam is Satan visited upon them.
Just ask them.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #281 - May 23rd, 2019 at 8:11pm

Frank wrote on May 23rd, 2019 at 6:56pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on May 23rd, 2019 at 2:11pm:

Pathetic.

Muhammed was genocidal.
You, as a Muslim, adore Muhammed. Have to.
Ergo - You support genocide.

There is no freedom of thought or speech under Muslim rule. As a Muslims you, all of you Muslims, must go along with whatever the hell Muhammed did.
To all the people Muslims conquered, you are the embodiment of Satan. Ruthless murderers, slavers, rapists, devastaters. For Muhammed.
From Christians in Egypt and Syria to Hindus in Norther India. Islam is Satan visited upon them.
Just ask them.

Looks like the full moon has risen again - the Islamophobes are baying at it.  Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Always remember, Soren, you flew here, most Australian Muslims were born here.  You're a blow-in.   When are you going back to Copenhagen where you belong, hey?   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #282 - May 24th, 2019 at 5:47am

Quote:

I did not claim it did. I was merely highlighting your hypocrisy on the issue of giving Muslims the agency to think for themselves. When they do, you and the apologists attempt to dismiss it by arguing they do not really mean what they say they mean.

Quote:
This is a joke right? What statements "on behalf of all muslims" am I making that are even remotely equivalent to saying every single one of them, to a man woman and child supports genocide as a mindless hive mind with no individual agency?

You said that all Muslims believe Muhammad existed. You made this claim without checking with all 1.5 billion of them.

Quote:
I've been at pains to point out the diversity of opinion amongst muslims and how every muslim has their own interpretation and understanding of their religion- which is literally the exact opposite of the approach you are taking, which is the mindless collective approach.

And as you keep forgetting Gandalf, you are the only one making the mindless collective argument. You used it to justify Muhammad's genocide.

And you have not been at pains to point out the diversity of opinion, except for one lame effort to project a view you do not hold onto a 3 year old "Muslim". Given the ease with which you could prove me wrong if I was wrong, it is actually quite surprising you went for bluster instead of revealing this diversity of opinion you claim exists.

Quote:

Why is it that I am denying Muslims the agency to think for themselves but you are not, when we both make claims about what all Muslims believe?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #283 - May 24th, 2019 at 8:50am

Good point, FD. You give the Muselmen the Freeeeedom to believe what you say. G says the Muselman should think for himself.

Chalk and cheese, innit.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #284 - May 24th, 2019 at 10:13am

freediver wrote on May 24th, 2019 at 5:47am:
You said that all Muslims believe Muhammad existed. You made this claim without checking with all 1.5 billion of them.

LOL, if you recall I said "probably".

You did not say "All muslims probably support genocide". It would still be a stupid claim, but a hell of a lot *LESS* stupid than what you ended up with, and you wouldn't be forced to perform all these absurd mental gymnastics to keep propping it up.

Its the most ridiculous comparison too. The existence of Muhammad is a pretty fundamental part of Islam - given he is the one credited with revealing the Quran, so claiming to be a muslim while simultaneously rejecting the existence of Muhammad would be most unusual indeed - though not implausible I suppose. But about a gazillion times more implausible than being a muslim who didn't support genocide.

Yet still it was me, not you, who was  un-categorical about it - when I had far more justification to be categorical in my claim than you with yours. Speaks volumes really.

Given the ease with which you could prove me wrong if I was wrong, it is actually quite surprising you went for bluster instead of revealing this diversity of opinion you claim exists.

I pointed out the existence of muslims who reject the alleged massacre even happened - a fact that you didn't even bother to try and refute. And so by that measure alone, your claim is at a stroke disproven, as is the flawed logical steps that led to the claim.

For some reason you never actually addressed that point. I expect your response would have been of the "they don't really mean what they say" variety, which of course, naturally is *NOT* doing any such thing as denying them agency to think for themselves, heaven forbid.

Why is it that I am denying Muslims the agency to think for themselves but you are not, when we both make claims about what all Muslims believe?

Are you still confused about the part where its you who says what 100% of muslims think and do, no questions asked, and not me?

You could of course sort this out by simply quoting me claiming, anywhere "All muslims [insert claim]"

Quote:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 44
Send Topic Print