Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 44
Send Topic Print
All Muslims support genocide (Read 58541 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: All Muslims support genocide
Reply #210 - May 10th, 2019 at 6:46pm

polite_gandalf wrote on May 10th, 2019 at 3:08pm:
freediver wrote on May 9th, 2019 at 6:44pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on May 9th, 2019 at 2:49pm:
freediver wrote on May 9th, 2019 at 12:28pm:
Quote:
Not necessarily, because in this case you are talking about a rational cognitive process to arrive at that belief

Are you suggesting my explanation in the OP is not a rational cognitive process?

Absolutely FD. You insist that 20% of the world's population unquestioningly support genocide - and worse, your insistence is not even based on any Islamic view on genocide, nor on any knowledge on your part on how muslims actually view genocide. Merely on the false logic that because you (but no one else) think Muhammad committed genocide, and because muslims must consider Muhammad as the best of men, ipso facto, muslims must support genocide. Where does one even begin at dismantling such flaw in logic? If nothing else, you are ignoring the muslims who don't accept that the massacre even happened, in which case it is clearly not every single muslim on earth, man woman and child as you insist.

As I keep saying, you singularly deny muslims any agency to think for themselves (and then laughably contradict yourself by acknowledging muslims who are morally flexible). You laughably insist 1.5 billion men women and children from all cultures, from all corners of the globe are in lock-step on this one belief - which also just happens to be the most inflamatory smear you could possibly think of (whats worse than supporting genocide?), and which is obviously particularly sensitive in the context of our own western cultural history. That is applying group think in the most blatant and bigoted way - with the express aim of defaming and smearing an entire religious group of people.

We've been over this. Plenty of other people also think Muhammad committed genocide.

Plenty of muslims don't. Some even don't believe it happened at all.

But you singularly deny every one of them any agency to think for themselves, and arrogantly apply a blanket "FD-think" on all of us. *YOU* insist its genocide, therefore muslims must accept it as such, and therefore just like that, you get 20% of the world's population all in perfect lock step, of one mind (dare I say a 'mindless collective'??) in supporting genocide. No questions, no ifs or buts. Apparently without even any of the 'moral flexibility' or hypocricy you just finished explaining is a feature of muslims.

There are two words starting with 'r' that describe this - one is 'ridiculous'.

You tried the denial angle also. But you still maintained that you support the genocide even if it didn't happen.

I am not denying anyone the agency to think for themselves. In fact I credit Muslims with great creativity in coming up with ways to support genocide.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #211 - May 11th, 2019 at 12:55am

moses wrote on May 10th, 2019 at 3:22pm:
qur'an 8.67:
It is not for any prophet to have captives until he hath made a great slaughter in the land
. Ye desire the lure of this world and Allah desireth (for you) the Hereafter, and Allah is Mighty, Wise.

Seems allah / muhammad was partial to a bit of blood flowing around.

Strangely enough, that passage says the exact opposite. You?

Don't answer that.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #212 - May 11th, 2019 at 12:57am

Quote:
Not necessarily, because in this case you are talking about a rational cognitive process to arrive at that belief

Are you suggesting my explanation in the OP is not a rational cognitive process?

Absolutely FD. You insist that 20% of the world's population unquestioningly support genocide - and worse, your insistence is not even based on any Islamic view on genocide, nor on any knowledge on your part on how muslims actually view genocide. Merely on the false logic that because you (but no one else) think Muhammad committed genocide, and because muslims must consider Muhammad as the best of men, ipso facto, muslims must support genocide. Where does one even begin at dismantling such flaw in logic? If nothing else, you are ignoring the muslims who don't accept that the massacre even happened, in which case it is clearly not every single muslim on earth, man woman and child as you insist.

As I keep saying, you singularly deny muslims any agency to think for themselves (and then laughably contradict yourself by acknowledging muslims who are morally flexible). You laughably insist 1.5 billion men women and children from all cultures, from all corners of the globe are in lock-step on this one belief - which also just happens to be the most inflamatory smear you could possibly think of (whats worse than supporting genocide?), and which is obviously particularly sensitive in the context of our own western cultural history. That is applying group think in the most blatant and bigoted way - with the express aim of defaming and smearing an entire religious group of people.

We've been over this. Plenty of other people also think Muhammad committed genocide.

But you singularly deny every one of them any agency to think for themselves, and arrogantly apply a blanket "FD-think" on all of us. *YOU* insist its genocide, therefore muslims must accept it as such, and therefore just like that, you get 20% of the world's population all in perfect lock step, of one mind (dare I say a 'mindless collective'??) in supporting genocide. No questions, no ifs or buts. Apparently without even any of the 'moral flexibility' or hypocricy you just finished explaining is a feature of muslims.

Starting with R?

Shurely shome mishtake.

Don't you mean W?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #213 - May 11th, 2019 at 1:03am

freediver wrote on May 10th, 2019 at 6:46pm:
Quote:

You tried the denial angle also. But you still maintained that you support the genocide even if it didn't happen.

I am not denying anyone the agency to think for themselves. In fact I credit Muslims with great creativity in coming up with ways to support genocide.

That's true, FD. Let's write down all the creative ways the Muselman supports genocide.

1. Moh killed some Jews.

2. Your Muselman worships Moh.

3. Always absolutely never ever.

Have we missed any of their creative solutions?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #214 - May 11th, 2019 at 8:55am

Tough titties, off with their heads.

They were literally a mindless collective of treacherous Jews, with no individual personality.

etc

etc

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #215 - May 11th, 2019 at 2:06pm

freediver wrote on May 11th, 2019 at 8:55am:
Tough titties, off with their heads.

They were literally a mindless collective of treacherous Jews, with no individual personality.

etc

etc

You said that, FD. Supporting genocide, are you?

Naughty naughty.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #216 - May 13th, 2019 at 2:53pm

You really are FD.

You are claiming that every single muslim, man woman and child support genocide - without even bothering to hear what they have to say about it.

Thats as clear cut case of denying people agency as you can get FD

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #217 - May 13th, 2019 at 2:58pm

You are singularly denying them agency to reject genocide.

More succinct than my previous post I think.

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #218 - May 13th, 2019 at 4:05pm

polite_gandalf wrote on May 13th, 2019 at 2:53pm:

You really are FD.

You are claiming that every single muslim, man woman and child support genocide - without even bothering to hear what they have to say about it.

Freeeedom, innit.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #219 - May 13th, 2019 at 4:43pm

polite_gandalf wrote on May 13th, 2019 at 2:53pm:

You really are FD.

I bothered to hear why you support genocide. And Abu. And Falah. And Lestat. And a few others I think.

Do I have to personally speak to a billion people before you let me say anything about Muslims?

Quote:

Wrong. I am saying they choose to support genocide.

Am I denying you agency when I say you support genocide?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #220 - May 13th, 2019 at 7:15pm

freediver wrote on May 13th, 2019 at 4:43pm:
Do I have to personally speak to a billion people before you let me say anything about Muslims?

Of course not FD. But you are the one insisting that every single one of them, man woman and child, supports genocide. 1.5 billion of them. Not just a 'popular belief amongst muslims' or even a 'predominate belief amongst muslims' - no. Every single one of them without exceptions. Tell me how this is possible without personally knowing what each and every muslim thinks? How is this not just dismissing 20% of the entire population as a mindless hive mind who have no agency? You somehow 'know' that not a single one of them goes through any sort of rationalising process to decide that genocide is just not for them. This may be in spite of what they believe about Muhammad, or because of it. No, sorry not allowed. FD gets to define what they believe and why they believe it. You are, as we say, denying them any human agency for thinking for themselves. You think for them. Which is passing strange after you just finished explaining to me how muslims can be 'morally flexible' in, for example, believing that Islam is peaceful.

Muslims can be morally flexible - but apparently not on the issue of supporting genocide.

Quote:

Wrong.

Lets put this to the test shall we? Would you accept a muslim's rejection of genocide?

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #221 - May 13th, 2019 at 7:26pm

Quote:
Of course not FD. But you are the one insisting that every single one of them, man woman and child, supports genocide. 1.5 billion of them. Not just a 'popular belief amongst muslims' or even a 'predominate belief amongst muslims' - no. Every single one of them without exceptions.

Would it be fair to say that every single one of them is a follower of Muhammad?

Quote:
Would you accept a muslim's rejection of genocide?

It depends how sneaky they are being, like with your weasel words on the mindless collective of treacherous Jews thing.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #222 - May 13th, 2019 at 7:47pm

freediver wrote on May 13th, 2019 at 7:26pm:
Would it be fair to say that every single one of them is a follower of Muhammad?

No.

Define 'follower'.

Muslims 'follow' the Quran FD. They follow Allah.

Contemporaries of Muhammad 'followed' Muhammad. Many muslims today read the sayings and behaviours of Muhammad and follow those, but there is a significant number who reject the ahadith and sunna and follow the Quran only. For these people, Muhammad plays no real role in their religion. As for the 'best of mankind to follow' verse, many muslims simply take this as intended only for Muhammad's immediate contemporaries. Apart from this line, the Quran hardly says anything about Muhammad. Moses is mentioned more.

For a great deal of muslims, the alleged banu Qurayza massacre would be completely irrelevant for them. There would be no reason for such muslims to unquestioningly support 'genocide' on the pretext that Muhammad did it.

freediver wrote on May 13th, 2019 at 7:26pm:
It depends how sneaky they are being, like with your weasel words on the mindless collective of treacherous Jews thing.

Like me? Well I'm a genocide 'true believer' according to you - so it doesn't seem like you are giving them much choice. Like I said, muslims think how FD says they think. Although of course we are generously given the chance to disprove our default guilt.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #223 - May 13th, 2019 at 8:23pm

Quote:
Muslims 'follow' the Quran FD. They follow Allah.

What do Muslims know about the Quran and Allah, other than what Muhammad told them?

Does the Quran tell Muslims that Muhammad is the best example to all mankind?

Quote:
but there is a significant number who reject the ahadith and sunna and follow the Quran only. For these people, Muhammad plays no real role in their religion.

You mean other than telling them what the Quran is?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #224 - May 13th, 2019 at 10:54pm

polite_gandalf wrote on May 13th, 2019 at 7:15pm:

Of course not FD. But you are the one insisting that every single one of them, man woman and child, supports genocide. 1.5 billion of them. Not just a 'popular belief amongst muslims' or even a 'predominate belief amongst muslims' - no. Every single one of them without exceptions. Tell me how this is possible without personally knowing what each and every muslim thinks? How is this not just dismissing 20% of the entire population as a mindless hive mind who have no agency? You somehow 'know' that not a single one of them goes through any sort of rationalising process to decide that genocide is just not for them. This may be in spite of what they believe about Muhammad, or because of it. No, sorry not allowed. FD gets to define what they believe and why they believe it. You are, as we say, denying them any human agency for thinking for themselves. You think for them. Which is passing strange after you just finished explaining to me how muslims can be 'morally flexible' in, for example, believing that Islam is peaceful.

Muslims can be morally flexible - but apparently not on the issue of supporting genocide.

Quote:

Wrong.

Lets put this to the test shall we? Would you accept a muslim's rejection of genocide?

Oh, look. FD won't say.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 44
Send Topic Print