Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 44
Send Topic Print
All Muslims support genocide (Read 58127 times)
polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: All Muslims support genocide
Reply #195 - Apr 18th, 2019 at 3:09pm

then again, there's always the option of making up a phrase like "mindless collective of treacherous jews" and pretending some else said it - someone that you are trying to pin as a genocide supporter in the world's most desparate straw cluching exercise  Wink

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #196 - Apr 18th, 2019 at 6:37pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Apr 18th, 2019 at 3:09pm:
then again, there's always the option of making up a phrase like "mindless collective of treacherous jews" and pretending some else said it - someone that you are trying to pin as a genocide supporter in the world's most desparate straw cluching exercise  Wink

What happened to executing gays who do it Mardi Gras-style?

Did FD give that one up when he started going for the Saudis?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #197 - Apr 19th, 2019 at 9:21am

Am I unfairly characterising you as undiplomatic on your promotion of genocide?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #198 - May 7th, 2019 at 9:41pm

Bump for Gandalf. Apparently this makes Muslims a mindless collective.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #199 - May 7th, 2019 at 9:44pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 18th, 2019 at 6:37pm:

What happened to executing gays who do it Mardi Gras-style?

Did FD give that one up when he started going for the Saudis?

Bump for FD. What sound does a jellyfish make?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #200 - May 8th, 2019 at 11:19am

bump for FD - apparently saying all muslims support genocide is different to saying muslims are a mindless collective.

Who knew?

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #201 - May 8th, 2019 at 7:22pm

If I said all Nazis support genocide, would that imply Nazis are also a mindless collective?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #202 - May 8th, 2019 at 7:39pm

polite_gandalf wrote on May 8th, 2019 at 11:19am:
bump for FD - apparently saying all muslims support genocide is different to saying muslims are a mindless collective.

Who knew?

You must be mindless to follow Mohammed, a priapic warlord of dubious moral quality.  It IS mindless to follow such a man.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #203 - May 9th, 2019 at 9:57am

freediver wrote on May 8th, 2019 at 7:22pm:
If I said all Nazis support genocide, would that imply Nazis are also a mindless collective?

Not necessarily, because in this case you are talking about a rational cognitive process to arrive at that belief - given what Nazis are and what they believe. You are not a nazi if you don't hate non-whites and support violence to keep them excluded from white culture/society. In this modern day world of multiculturalism in the west, it is reasonable to assume this would necessitate genocide. This is the defining characteristic of being a nazi. But this is not arrived at "mindlessly" or "collectively" - genocide would be assessed as a necessary strategy by the nazi - logically and rationally.

Genocide for muslims on the other hand, is not a rational belief to arrive at given the core tenets (ie the 5 pillars). You arrive at that conclusion on the simplistic logic that Muhammad did it, therefore all muslims must blindly accept that behaviour as good and proper. It singularly denies the muslim any agency or individual thought processes of his/her own to assess things like 'how does supporting genocide relate to the 5 pillars' (it doesn't), 'even if Muhammad was the greatest example, does that necessarily require blindly supporting everything he did? 'why shouldn't the context of 7th century arabia be factored in'? 'Is what Muhammad allegedly did genocide anyway (clearly no) - 'did he even do it in the first place' (even if its a minority who don't believe he did it, there undeniably are some who don't, therefore this point alone destroys your claim).

These most basic cognitive processes you singularly deny muslims, while ascribing to muslims the most insendiary smear you could possibly think of in our current culture - that of a genocide supporter. Clearly done with the express intention to inflame and provoke the discussion to its worst, base form.
« Last Edit: May 9th, 2019 at 10:32am by polite_gandalf »  

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #204 - May 9th, 2019 at 12:28pm

Quote:
Not necessarily, because in this case you are talking about a rational cognitive process to arrive at that belief

Are you suggesting my explanation in the OP is not a rational cognitive process?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #205 - May 9th, 2019 at 2:49pm

freediver wrote on May 9th, 2019 at 12:28pm:
Quote:
Not necessarily, because in this case you are talking about a rational cognitive process to arrive at that belief

Are you suggesting my explanation in the OP is not a rational cognitive process?

Absolutely FD. You insist that 20% of the world's population unquestioningly support genocide - and worse, your insistence is not even based on any Islamic view on genocide, nor on any knowledge on your part on how muslims actually view genocide. Merely on the false logic that because you (but no one else) think Muhammad committed genocide, and because muslims must consider Muhammad as the best of men, ipso facto, muslims must support genocide. Where does one even begin at dismantling such flaw in logic? If nothing else, you are ignoring the muslims who don't accept that the massacre even happened, in which case it is clearly not every single muslim on earth, man woman and child as you insist.

As I keep saying, you singularly deny muslims any agency to think for themselves (and then laughably contradict yourself by acknowledging muslims who are morally flexible). You laughably insist 1.5 billion men women and children from all cultures, from all corners of the globe are in lock-step on this one belief - which also just happens to be the most inflamatory smear you could possibly think of (whats worse than supporting genocide?), and which is obviously particularly sensitive in the context of our own western cultural history. That is applying group think in the most blatant and bigoted way - with the express aim of defaming and smearing an entire religious group of people.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #206 - May 9th, 2019 at 6:44pm

polite_gandalf wrote on May 9th, 2019 at 2:49pm:
Quote:

Absolutely FD. You insist that 20% of the world's population unquestioningly support genocide - and worse, your insistence is not even based on any Islamic view on genocide, nor on any knowledge on your part on how muslims actually view genocide. Merely on the false logic that because you (but no one else) think Muhammad committed genocide, and because muslims must consider Muhammad as the best of men, ipso facto, muslims must support genocide. Where does one even begin at dismantling such flaw in logic? If nothing else, you are ignoring the muslims who don't accept that the massacre even happened, in which case it is clearly not every single muslim on earth, man woman and child as you insist.

As I keep saying, you singularly deny muslims any agency to think for themselves (and then laughably contradict yourself by acknowledging muslims who are morally flexible). You laughably insist 1.5 billion men women and children from all cultures, from all corners of the globe are in lock-step on this one belief - which also just happens to be the most inflamatory smear you could possibly think of (whats worse than supporting genocide?), and which is obviously particularly sensitive in the context of our own western cultural history. That is applying group think in the most blatant and bigoted way - with the express aim of defaming and smearing an entire religious group of people.

We've been over this. Plenty of other people also think Muhammad committed genocide.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #207 - May 9th, 2019 at 9:51pm

freediver wrote on May 9th, 2019 at 6:44pm:
Quote:

We've been over this. Plenty of other people also think Muhammad committed genocide.

Who?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #208 - May 10th, 2019 at 3:08pm

freediver wrote on May 9th, 2019 at 6:44pm:
Quote:

Plenty of muslims don't. Some even don't believe it happened at all.

But you singularly deny every one of them any agency to think for themselves, and arrogantly apply a blanket "FD-think" on all of us. *YOU* insist its genocide, therefore muslims must accept it as such, and therefore just like that, you get 20% of the world's population all in perfect lock step, of one mind (dare I say a 'mindless collective'??) in supporting genocide. No questions, no ifs or buts. Apparently without even any of the 'moral flexibility' or hypocricy you just finished explaining is a feature of muslims.

There are two words starting with 'r' that describe this - one is 'ridiculous'.

Quote:

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #209 - May 10th, 2019 at 3:22pm

qur'an 8.67:
It is not for any prophet to have captives until he hath made a great slaughter in the land
. Ye desire the lure of this world and Allah desireth (for you) the Hereafter, and Allah is Mighty, Wise.

Seems allah / muhammad was partial to a bit of blood flowing around.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 44
Send Topic Print