Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Favourite Beach in Aust (Read 10809 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

Favourite Beach in Aust
Nov 21st, 2018 at 8:56pm

...and why?

Top 5 Beaches welcomed.

Long ago my favourite beach was Scotts Heads: both the ig long one and the little one on the other side of the head-point. The Little Beach was where I saw my first 'naked woman' at a tender age: she walked up out of the water, fully attractive and her towel/belongings just happened to be a few metres where I was sitting. The long beach has since been gutted by a massive storm about 10 years ago. The sand is gone from the main area to be dumped all around the headland, which really killed off any good snorkling aspects.

So these days...
1. Hyams Beach, Jervis Bay: whitest sands in the world and packed with tourists just taking photos. But a good dive, swim, snorkel spot and the place where I nearly died when I first began diving.
2. Long Beach, Pambula: popular with the Surf scene and a not tooo long a walk along the entire length. Neat flat conditions for swimmers, kids also. Visually fantastic as when you get in the water and turn around - NO big block mansions, high-rises, etc. Just nature.
3. The Coorong, South Australia: amazingly long region of beach that really does make one feel 'away from it all'. Of course, I didn't like the numerous 'snake' trails all over the sands. But the beach and surf were well worth it. A great part of Australia.
4. Leeton River Beach: ok, not the best, but for something along a river (Murrumbidgee) its a fantastic spot of respite on a hot day. This country should do more of these. Wild birds, clean water, gum trees and sunsets. Menangle Park Beach, Simmos in Macquarie Fields, etc - all good for what they are.
5. I won't say where (because I don't know where and it was pure 'fluke' in turning up there) - but it was up in the New England area. It was along a river of crystal clear delight. It was full of hippies and naked women frolicking in the water. Very well shaded by surrounding trees as it snaked and weaved through the forest. It was a surreal experience and I knew I was a Stranger in a Strange Land indeed. Oh - so many breasts with erect nipples everywhere!  Shocked

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Re: Favourite Beach in Aust
Reply #1 - Nov 21st, 2018 at 9:14pm

+1 for Scotts Head.  Perfect for the SUP.

IBI

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #2 - Nov 21st, 2018 at 9:30pm

It's not Bondi beach -

too many cigars floating around.   Embarrassed

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Nov 22nd, 2018 at 12:15am

Bobby. wrote on Nov 21st, 2018 at 9:30pm:
It's not Bondi beach -

Oh totally agree there!
There was even one on the dessert at the Coogee Bay Hotel.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #4 - Nov 22nd, 2018 at 7:07am

Jasin wrote on Nov 22nd, 2018 at 12:15am:
Bobby. wrote on Nov 21st, 2018 at 9:30pm:
It's not Bondi beach -

Oh totally agree there!
There was even one on the dessert at the Coogee Bay Hotel.

How funny was that, and not even an Indian!

Being a knowledgeable bloke about the coast, there would be some things you'd appreciate about Bondi.

Firstly, the NE/SW direction and the headland creates a perfect kiddies corner up north with no dangerous rips and the swell wrapping around the headland.

As skill levels progress the surfers can move down south. There's actually good spear fishing and you only have to swim 50 meters off the north point for kingies.

As for turds in the water, that only happens once a year when Greg comes to visit from Perth.

Is this clean enough for you?

IBI

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Nov 22nd, 2018 at 10:09am

So many beaches to choose from, for mine its the surf beaches, like Noosa, lennox heads, kirra, Burleigh heads, Crescent heads, Byron bay, then head West to bells beach and surrounds and even further West to the west coast of SA and the desert type surroundings, the harshness, the dunes and the big thick swells, good for the soul, and then off to Margret river, arriving at any of these beaches with a light offshore and a big swell gets the heart racing.

My favorite Beach, note the dunes in the background.

west.jpg (54 KB | )
west.jpg

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Nov 22nd, 2018 at 10:16am

Nice pic.
Reminds me a bit of the Coorong S.A.

So you like the Eyre Peninsula beaches too?
I like that part of the country.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #7 - Nov 22nd, 2018 at 7:00pm

Some nice barrels today

IBI

IP Logged

Black Orchid
Gold Member

Reply #8 - Nov 22nd, 2018 at 8:39pm

Scotts Head is really nice to sit on the headland and watch the dolphins but just down the road a bit is my favourite.

Grassy Head.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #9 - Nov 22nd, 2018 at 9:02pm

Black Orchid wrote on Nov 22nd, 2018 at 8:39pm:
Scotts Head is really nice to sit on the headland and watch the dolphins but just down the road a bit is my favourite.

Grassy Head.

Scotts, Grassy, Crescent. The holy trinity.

IBI

IP Logged

Black Orchid
Gold Member

Reply #10 - Nov 22nd, 2018 at 9:03pm

If you don't want to surf and just want to paddle board etc SWR is good too.  Also good fishing there if you are into it.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #11 - Nov 22nd, 2018 at 9:09pm

Black Orchid wrote on Nov 22nd, 2018 at 9:03pm:
If you. don't want to surf and just want to paddle board etc SWR is good too.  Also good fishing there if you are into it.

Yeah stayed for a night in SWR with daughter last trip. Nice but need surf, nice pub tho.

IBI

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #12 - Nov 22nd, 2018 at 9:11pm

Oh the memories.
My entire holidaying youth was spent on Scotts Heads: sitting on the grassy hillside looking out to sea, long ago when it was just a dirt goat track to the top - before all the neat steps and viewing platforms.
I used to rock-climb all around the 3 beaches there.
Snorkel around the heads.
Play Galaga/Space Invaders in the Milk Bar

Grassy Heads - right down to South West Rocks.
Macksville, Nambucca Heads. Such a wonderful area.

IP Logged

Black Orchid
Gold Member

Reply #13 - Nov 22nd, 2018 at 9:20pm

I spent many years living in the area and miss it.   Having occasional thoughts of going back.  We'll see.

Windsurfing on the Nambucca as well.  *sigh

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #14 - Nov 22nd, 2018 at 9:43pm

You should go back.

I was up there a lot from 70's to early 80's.
Then returned briefly around 2003.

It has changed a lot.

I live way down the south coast now.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print