Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Open Letter to President Trump and Congress (Read 1522 times)
Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Open Letter to President Trump and Congress
Nov 16th, 2018 at 11:30pm

Dear Mr. President, Speaker Ryan, Majority Leader McConnell,

We the People of the United States of America respectfully request you directly debate and pass legislation in the interest of all Americans and our Constitution, which will become impossible when the 115th Congress ends. Before January 3, 2019, when the House of Representatives passes to Democrat control, it is essential these items be addressed.

These pieces of legislation are basic issues that Republicans, and frankly all Americans, can identify with. Such are essential to keeping the current economic expansion going as well as protecting the individual rights and liberties of Americans.

Enacting these laws is the right thing to do to honor our Constitution. They will signal to conservatives in this country that we have only just begun to fight and do what is right. This could be essential down the road not only for honoring our Constitution but helping Americans to see that the great work that is been done by the White House and Congress since President Trump’s inauguration. Our vision to continue the advances made by reelecting President Trump in 2020 and retaking the House of Representatives, will be enhanced with this preview.

Please pursue these priorities before adjournment:

Senate immediately pass the House’s approved H.R.38 – Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 and have President Trump sign it before Christmas recess.
    Pass bill clarifying that birthright citizenship requires both parents to be present in the country legally. Honest legal and logical arguments support this clarification by Congress.
    Make the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 permanent.

Each of these pieces of legislation is very doable in the remaining days of this Congress. We will not get another chance for the next few years!

If the Senate stands strong for the next two years after passing the above before the end of 2018, the Democrat House can’t undo them.

Yes, this may require changing the debate rules of the Senate on cloture, but recent behavior by Democrats has shown us that they are taking this to a street fight. Recent examples of Democrat behavior such as Justice Kavanaugh’s confirmation hearings, where several senators stated essentially that those accused must now prove prove innocence, clearly show us we cannot possibly trust the Democrats to play fair.

No longer can we assume that if we behave like ladies and gentlemen towards them that they will treat us the same way. Obviously, we would all like to return courteous, fair, respectful, and truthful behavior by all. To think that Americans will be treated fairly when Democrat legislators’ behavior clearly indicate that’s not possible, would seriously be hurting the interest of the American people and our Constitution.

We must take this opportunity to stand for what is right. As our servants we hope you know, that elected officials get reelected by holding to their oath, holding to their promises, doing what is right, doing what is difficult, and doing all of this in the face of great pressure. We know you can. We saw the strength of focus and purpose during Justice Kavanaugh’s confirmation. Please show us that again in these last weeks of the 115th Congress.

We ask all Americans to join us in these thoughts, to send this web link to friends, and forward it to their favorite social media pages and blogs. Send a copy of it to your representatives in Congress. Choices one through three may top your list but they do top a significant number of polls and are doable pieces of legislation that can be accomplished in the time remaining in the session of the 115th Congress.

Shawn Meehan | Nov 15, 2018

https://www.guardtheconstitution.com/2018/11/15/open-letter-to-president-trump-a...

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Re: Open Letter to President Trump and Congress
Reply #1 - Nov 17th, 2018 at 2:34am

Too bad the F A T Orange man can't read, you dumbass.

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #2 - Nov 18th, 2018 at 12:23am

Marla wrote on Nov 17th, 2018 at 2:34am:
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/lOMKt11Uv1Q/hqdefault.jpg

Make America American again, copying the failures of the third world doesn't make sense! As long as you blame others for your personal failures you will continue to lose the lottery of life!

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #3 - Nov 18th, 2018 at 12:30am

Mortdooley wrote on Nov 18th, 2018 at 12:23am:
Marla wrote on Nov 17th, 2018 at 2:34am:
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/lOMKt11Uv1Q/hqdefault.jpg

Make America American again, copying the failures of the third world doesn't make sense! As long as you blame others for your personal failures you will continue to lose the lottery of life!

You're right. America needs bigger megafailures than the third world put together.

Trump is the first step in the megafailure process.

Trump has increased both the trade deficit and the budget deficit while GOP eunuchs look on.

The trade deficit is going to get much worse as America sucks in more imports to rebuild from disasters.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #4 - Nov 18th, 2018 at 12:54am

It is past time to end the "service" economy that has brought us a generation of workers with no real skills. Our lopsided tariffs were established after WW2 to help rebuild devastated country's at the disadvantage of the US. It is past time to build more here.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Nov 18th, 2018 at 1:08am

Mortdooley wrote on Nov 18th, 2018 at 12:54am:
It is past time to end the "service" economy that has brought us a generation of workers with no real skills. Our lopsided tariffs were established after WW2 to help rebuild devastated country's at the disadvantage of the US. It is past time to build more here.   

Right. Let's scrap the economy. We'll start anew with a Stalinist 5 year plan.

No more financial services and intellectual property for you, leftards. We'll have you digging coal.

You people need to get more skills.

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #6 - Nov 18th, 2018 at 2:13am

What is this? Your newly founded white nationalist motto? Exactly whom am I blaming and for what failures (other than the time I used to have hope for Texuuns)?

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #7 - Nov 18th, 2018 at 2:24am

Mortdooley wrote on Nov 18th, 2018 at 12:54am:

Typical Texuun education, everybody. You have zero clue as to how tariffs work just like your white nationalist/Orange F A T man. Remember when the F A T Orange man stated he would (somehow) make a “great deal” with China and how he has this imaginary "$267 billion waiting to go if we can’t make a deal?" Of course not. So I'm guessing that alone would be on top of the tariffs of 25% on $50 billion worth of industrial goods and the 10% impost on $200 billion worth of exports, which is set to rise to 25% from the start of next year.

Now, how does the math work on that when the F A T Orange man's escalation on the tariff war came in the wake of a highly significant decision the previous day by the US Commerce Department to impose severe restrictions on US companies dealing with the Chinese semiconductor firm Fujian Jinhua citing national security considerations as the reasons for the ban?

In a statement announcing the decision, the Commerce Department said it had taken action to restrict exports to Fujian Jinhua because it “poses a significant risk of becoming involved in activities that are contrary to the national security interests of the United States?"

How can we build anything here when the F A T Orange man can't even forge a decent trade policy? Like you, he understands nothing of the outcome of objective processes rooted in the insanity of the global capitalist system. 

But do dream on, you racist white nationalist Nazi.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #8 - Nov 18th, 2018 at 6:58am

Quote:
We the People of the United States of America respectfully request you directly debate and pass legislation in the interest of all Americans and our Constitution

Wondering just how this doofus managed to obtain the right to speak for all Americans ?

Worth noting that he then goes on to express an extremely partisan far right Republican view on what all Americans supposedly support and want.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #9 - Nov 18th, 2018 at 9:16am

I am not convinced that this letter will reach the President and Congress via OzPol. Nor am I convinced that allowing the carrying of concealed weapons will reduce violent crime.

On tariffs, this is not about fair trade. Every country has an obligation to protect its workers and its industries. Trade with other countries, is about products they cannot supply. Globalisation is about giving plutocrats access to cheap labour.

On the Wall. Its a waste of money. For many years, I have believed the US should fully militarise the Mexican border, and pressure the mexicans to do something about the problem on their side.

On the Muzlum Problem. Trump talked big, and has done nothing but stop entry from a few small countries. The Republicans need to start calling out Islam for what it is. Do it loudly and legally.

On the environment, well, you cannot even talk to Republicans about those problems. They will just tell you that your stats are wrong. Not because they know anything special in that department, but because they are not interested in such candle-sniffing subjects.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #10 - Nov 18th, 2018 at 12:05pm

issuevoter wrote on Nov 18th, 2018 at 9:16am:
I am not convinced that this letter will reach the President and Congress via OzPol. Nor am I convinced that allowing the carrying of concealed weapons will reduce violent crime.

On tariffs, this is not about fair trade. Every country has an obligation to protect its workers and its industries. Trade with other countries, is about products they cannot supply. Globalisation is about giving plutocrats access to cheap labour.

On the Wall. Its a waste of money. For many years, I have believed the US should fully militarise the Mexican border, and pressure the mexicans to do something about the problem on their side.

On the Muzlum Problem. Trump talked big, and has done nothing but stop entry from a few small countries. The Republicans need to start calling out Islam for what it is. Do it loudly and legally.

On the environment, well, you cannot even talk to Republicans about those problems. They will just tell you that your stats are wrong. Not because they know anything special in that department, but because they are not interested in such candle-sniffing subjects.

Your two minutes of hate is up.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #11 - Nov 19th, 2018 at 1:27am

Marla wrote on Nov 18th, 2018 at 2:13am:

What is this? Your newly founded white nationalist motto? Exactly whom am I blaming and for what failures (other than the time I used to have hope for Texuuns)?

Here you go, a little help for the morally handicapped. No family, no money and low pay, it must be the fault of the system you hate. This Bolshevik attitude of yours has not served you well so far.

https://www.fidelity.com/viewpoints/personal-finance/saving-tips-from-super-save...

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #12 - Nov 19th, 2018 at 1:30am

Laugh till you cry wrote on Nov 18th, 2018 at 12:05pm:
issuevoter wrote on Nov 18th, 2018 at 9:16am:

Your two minutes of hate is up.

Projecting again I see, I don't think fighting to survive as a culture as hate.

You can never know just how much crime is prevented by citizens because of concealed carry permits. Criminals like easy targets and really don't want to risk being shot.

As for the wall, end every benefit illegals get here, heavily fine their employers and they will self deport.
« Last Edit: Nov 19th, 2018 at 1:59am by Mortdooley »  

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Nov 19th, 2018 at 6:39am

the country appears fractured along political lines.

it does appear that the left and the right are now being fed a different narrative and can no longer understand the thought processes of the other.

the schools and universities are creating a lot of resentful marxist children with no real job prospects.
globalisation is creating a lot of resentful conservative deplorables with no real job prospects .

facebook, google, amazon, the vested interests in the media will continue to feed the marxists a marxist narrative and the deplorables a deplorable narrative.

both the bitter callow youth and the 50 yo unemployed ex factory worker (fat steve) are completely lacking in gratitude and completely lacking in humility.

it has always been easier to hate then to build.

i blame the resentful left more then fat steve.
they controlled the education system so they should have been able to see the path they were on.
steve is just a dumbass and he needed mentoring
instead, the leftie intellectuals just hated on the guy.
hated him because he was a dumb christian white patriot.

and with the universities filled with a hateful and resentful manifesto, trust is evaporating, communication is gone and all that is left to do is fight.

trump loves a fight, thats why he was elected.

but dont be thinking its all trumps fault.
the sinister forces that have whiteanted america have taken the cash off shore and they dont give a f**k about america.

from memory apple has a trillion dollars parked offshore.
first sign of civil war and they just shift their operation to asia and carry on their merry way.
and the same is true for all the other swamp dwellers

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Nov 19th, 2018 at 7:30am

I blame the resentful left, Aquascoot. 16 out of 17 professors are leftards.

I've always been suspicious of that John Hewson, dear. He's always on the ABC these days.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print