Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Australia, rich in resources, poor in inspiration (Read 718 times)
Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Australia, rich in resources, poor in inspiration
Nov 16th, 2018 at 12:24pm

There haven't been visionaries in Australian government since the Whitlam government of 1973 which tried to promote and finance a West to East gas pipeline to bring North-West Shelf gas to the East coast and to the interior resource industries.

Liberal cretins ended that initiative with the CIA instigated ouster of Whitlam.

Now blackouts are foreseen in the coming summer because coal-fired power stations are in a poor state of repair because nobody wants to invest in a dying industry.

Meanwhile, consumers are bleating about high gas prices while nobody wants to build pipelines or LNG terminals in the gas-poor cities.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Opinion/Australia-s-big-power-blackout

Quote:
... Australia has more energy options than most countries. It has uranium in abundance, exporting it to customers in Europe, Asia and North America, but it will not countenance its own nuclear power industry. There is simply no mainstream public confidence in nuclear power since the 2011 Fukushima disaster in Japan.

Australia is an ideal location for wind and solar energy projects. Utilities and infrastructure investors are building solar power plants and wind farms at a rapid rate, but many lack the crucial battery storage and smart grid capability to make full use of their output. Similarly, Australia has all the essential ingredients to create a battery metals industry, from nickel and copper to lithium, cobalt and rare earths, but not the long-term vision, scale, technology nor money to realize it.

The country exports vast quantities of valuable liquefied natural gas to customers in Asia but its own domestic industrial users struggle to pay the rising price of gas at home. Two key states, Victoria and New South Wales, are opposed to onshore gas development over concerns about the impact on agricultural land and water.

Despite boasting one of the world's most efficient export-oriented supply chains for thermal coal, Australia's own coal-fired power stations are on the way out because power generators and retailers decline to refurbish them, arguing that coal should not feature in the country's long-term energy future.

They prefer to make more money from adding renewables to the power grid, but have yet to overcome the problem of supply breaks that plague wind and solar. Batteries are being added to some renewable projects but their cost and limited capacity relegate them to a minor role so far, well behind gas and hydropower.

The need for reliable power remains paramount across Australia as the high-demand, blackout-prone summer season approaches, but there is little cohesion between the various state governments and the federal government in Canberra on investment in transmission infrastructure. Initial construction work on Turnbull's ambitious plan to expand the capacity of the big Snowy Mountains hydro power scheme is due to begin in December but it will not start delivering extra power until 2025.

Meanwhile, nervous banks and other investors will not fund new baseload coal-fired power stations in Australia because of environmental concerns and a fear that their 50-year payback time will come under threat. Australian conservation groups, led by the Australian Greens political party, are determined to protect environmental treasures such as the Great Barrier Reef, but their no-holds-barred approach antagonizes conservative rural communities who fear their livelihoods will become collateral damage to a distant Paris emissions agreement. ...

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Re: Australia, rich in resources, poor in inspiration
Reply #1 - Nov 16th, 2018 at 12:38pm

Australians don't care: rich idiots who shite on their own flesh and blood!

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

salad in
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Nov 17th, 2018 at 9:40am

Laugh till you cry wrote on Nov 16th, 2018 at 12:24pm:
There haven't been visionaries in Australian government since the Whitlam government of 1973 which tried to promote and finance a West to East gas pipeline to bring North-West Shelf gas to the East coast and to the interior resource industries.

Liberal cretins ended that initiative with the CIA instigated ouster of Whitlam.

Now blackouts are foreseen in the coming summer because coal-fired power stations are in a poor state of repair because nobody wants to invest in a dying industry.

Meanwhile, consumers are bleating about high gas prices while nobody wants to build pipelines or LNG terminals in the gas-poor cities.

Quote:

With respect I would ask you to stop inhaling your own flatulence. No people to inspire us. What rot. How soon you forget about PJ Keating, the world's greatest treasurer. He was almost poached from us by a better offer from an international powerhouse. What about RJL Hawke. So popular and inspirational was he that within 4 months of his election the USA wanted him to tour their nation.

Look at The Greens for inspiration. They demand the building of ten (10) nuclear power stations to deliver cheap reliable power but do you think they can get it on the agenda. The Green want 10 dams built to cater for the influx of out of control migration but no one listens.

What about the dream to pipe water from the Fitzroy River in WA to the metropolis of Perth and surrounds. It's proposed then poo pooed by the naysayers.

Whitlam as a visionary......that's news to me.

The ALP, the progressive party, the party of ideas, the workers' friend, is the only Australian political party to roast four young Australians in roof cavities. SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

IP Logged

Term Dog
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Nov 17th, 2018 at 10:16am

The greens want nuclear power & dams?????

Source?

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #4 - Nov 17th, 2018 at 10:44am

We have so much LNG in Australia that if our government owned it, it would virtually be delivered to our homes for FREE while still making billions of dollars on export.

Problem is our government doesn't own it and poor old Mal had to go begging for a few extra cubic metres.

Now click on the site below and hover your cursor over those little black and white LNG dots to see how much we produce.

Amazing isn't it............ Cheesy

https://www.appea.com.au/oil-gas-explained/operation/australian-lng-projects/

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

salad in
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Nov 17th, 2018 at 11:20am

Term Dog wrote on Nov 17th, 2018 at 10:16am:

Source?

Sorry TD, that was a poor attempt at having a joke. I won't do it again.....promise.

The ALP, the progressive party, the party of ideas, the workers' friend, is the only Australian political party to roast four young Australians in roof cavities. SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

IP Logged

Term Dog
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Nov 17th, 2018 at 11:23am

salad in wrote on Nov 17th, 2018 at 11:20am:

Source?

Sorry TD, that was a poor attempt at having a joke. I won't do it again.....promise.

Now.im confused??

I mean nuclear is the greenest option and we need dams for water security so it's possible the green's make sense for once.

IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Nov 17th, 2018 at 11:24am

Australians are rational, you invest your money where you will get the best return, with as low risk as possible.

To invest in stupid things is a job for left leaning governments and scammers using other peoples money. (sorry I seem to have repeated myself)

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #8 - Nov 17th, 2018 at 11:46am

You're right.

A lot of money made for the few,
but NOTHING has been incorporated - no innovation
beyond ALP doing Pink Bats and NBN

LNP has only put out adverts on Innovation - but not innovated anything themselves.

This is what happens when you take the country backwards in the last 30 years to a 'REPLICANT' USA society and Generalise all the STATES into 'One Nation' = BORRRING !!!

Nothing will happen much here, until the Political system commits suicide and fractures into many more productive 'Provincial' nations of their own Independent empowerment

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #9 - Nov 17th, 2018 at 12:00pm

Term Dog wrote on Nov 17th, 2018 at 11:23am:
salad in wrote on Nov 17th, 2018 at 11:20am:

Source?

Now.im confused??

I mean nuclear is the greenest option and we need dams for water security so it's possible the green's make sense for once.

tHE aMERICANS DON'T WANT US TO HAVE NUCLEAR POWER!

Cheesy

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #10 - Nov 17th, 2018 at 12:15pm

salad in wrote on Nov 17th, 2018 at 9:40am:
Laugh till you cry wrote on Nov 16th, 2018 at 12:24pm:

Quote:

With respect I would ask you to stop inhaling your own flatulence. ...

I apologize for usurping your exclusive rights to my anus gas.

Can you return my sphincter when you're done? I believe you inhaled it with your suck superiority.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #11 - Nov 17th, 2018 at 6:50pm

Too much toadying to small screeching special interest groups.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Nov 18th, 2018 at 12:03am

I blame Islam, but that's just me.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print