Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9
Send Topic Print
Brilliant summary of muslim sentiment re Bourke St (Read 11526 times)
polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Brilliant summary of muslim sentiment re Bourke St
Nov 16th, 2018 at 11:19am

Quote:
I am feeling nothing less than rage, alienation and despair at the moment. Muslims have been on trial for 17 years now. Seventeen years in the dock, in community detention, on parole, out on bail. Seventeen years of punishment and accountability, of collective culpability that turns inwards into confusion, anger, helplessness, shame. Seventeen years ago I was a university student in Melbourne when I was pronounced guilty for the crimes that took place in another country. Seventeen years on and my children now inherit my sentence.

I am expected to "combat radicalism", take "special responsibility’" for national security, predict random acts of violence by random people whose only connection to me is that they identify as Muslim. On any given day, I have a long to-do list. According to the Prime Minister of this country, on Friday it looked like this: drop kids to school, write book chapter, edit film script, defrost chicken for dinner, help my grandmother with grocery shopping, combat terrorism.

Enough is enough.

From the beginning we have been told we, Australian Muslims, must "take the lead", "assume primary responsibility", ensure "social cohesion". We must avoid others stigmatising us by proving we are not terrorist, not radical, not threat. We are permitted to speak, but only as a disclaimer. We must condemn terrorism. Denounce it, loudly and clearly. You have a voice, they tell us. But there are strict rules on what we can say.

We must provide reassurances that we are loyal, not stealth jihadists, not shariah-takeover. Prove you are integrated; moderate, not extreme. If you do not want to be rejected, you must be extraordinary. An over-achiever, iconic, a role model of our neo-liberal capitalist economy. We must enjoy freedom of religion but not be too Muslim-looking, too Muslim-acting, even too Muslim-thinking. We must accept government money and use it among Muslim youth in a mass social engineering project of producing a generation of apolitical consumers. We must dream big, be ambitious, buy into the neo-liberal capitalist dream, but remember our place.

There are some Muslims today, most of them self-appointed "leaders", who are rushing again to condemn and reassure. No doubt they issue their press releases and statements in good faith, with a hope that the reassurance they offer will ameliorate any backlash against Muslims by reaffirming Muslims as a community not to be feared. The overall posture of these condemnations is about soothing the anxieties of a wider community whose position as judge and jury is acknowledged, and whose power to afford safety and indeed human worth to Muslims is clearly conceded.

Other Muslims, including some peak bodies, have expressed how fed up they are with these condemnations and assumptions of collective responsibility and guilt. This has been a welcome change. I, an Australian Muslim, refuse to condemn the violence that took place on Bourke Street. To ask me to condemn is to strip me of my basic humanity. It asks me to disprove an assumption that I inherently support such actions; it denies me the right to mourn the loss of life. The act of condemnation immediately binds me to a person – to their life, their history, their motivations, hopes, dreams, fears and troubles – who was one among the 24 million other strangers to me in this country.

Asking Muslims to assume some kind of pastoral responsibility over a mythical homogenous "community" not only relies on a racist framing of every Muslim as a potential terrorist, but it locates the "problem" in Islam and "culture", not politics. The script we are given for talking about the war on terror is censored and redacted.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: Brilliant summary of muslim sentiment re Bourke St
Reply #1 - Nov 16th, 2018 at 11:20am

[cont]

Quote:
We are expected to talk about the Koran, but not the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan. We must interrogate what is said in mosques and prayer rooms, but not what this nation says and does to support state-sponsored terrorism. We must condemn violence, but ignore our defence deals with Saudi Arabia and our complicity in the destruction of Yemen, our defence forces training Myanmar’s genocidal armed forces, our explicit support for Israel’s illegal occupation and oppression of Palestinians.

I also refuse to comment and pontificate about the Bourke Street incident itself. Terrorism, mental illness, counter-terrorism operational strategies: everybody is suddenly an expert. Unqualified opinions bloat our public discourse. And perhaps that is the goal. Confusion and obfuscation mean that the debates we actually need to have, the policies and actions we have the right to demand, can be avoided.

After all "national security" has always been a politically expedient agenda that serves only to reinforce a patriarchal, racist, capitalist social order. Terrorism is what happens outside, on our streets, in public, randomly, unpredictably. If our leaders were really horrified by violence, they would pay attention to what is happening in domestic spaces, to women, by their partners and ex-partners. They would treat male violence as a national emergency. They would invest adequate resources into mental health and women’s support services. They would, dare I say it, examine our foreign policy, the role we play in the destruction and oppression of entire populations in the name of the "war on terror", in the name of "civilisation" and "Australian values".

Seventeen years on and there is a new generation including activists, people of colour and white allies. Some have grown up and learned the hard way, others have known all along, still others have been born into this paradigm, only ever knowing a world ‘at war on terror’. This new generation will not be played and exploited for political gain.

Randa Abdel-Fattah is a novelist and post-doctoral research fellow at Macquarie University.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/bourke-st-i-am-feeling-nothing-less-than-rage-al...

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #2 - Nov 16th, 2018 at 11:26am

'Wherever they go, wherever they live with non-moslems,    we moslems ARE victims, and we moslems ARE being oppressed and then being blamed for our reaction to that oppression!!!'

/sarc off

or rather,     F%$# off !!

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #3 - Nov 16th, 2018 at 11:56am

ISLAM, is what it is.

ISLAM, is a vicious, deceitful, murderous death cult.

Choosing to be a follower of ISLAM,
choosing to NOT disassociate yourself FROM ISLAM,
makes every moslem culpable, for every act of violence which ISLAM justifies and encourages,
AND WHICH IS CARRIED OUT, IN THE NAME OF ISLAM.

Dictionary;
culpable = = deserving blame for.

"......the curse of Allah is on those without Faith."
Koran 2.089

"....Lo! Allah is an enemy to those who reject Faith."
Koran 2.98

"....those who reject Allah have no protector."
Koran 47.008
v. 8-11

"Allah hath purchased of the believers their persons and their goods; for theirs (in return) is the garden (of Paradise): they fight in His cause, and slay and are slain:...."
Koran 9.111

------- >

THE HADITH....

"...the Prophet said, 'If somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him."
- DEAD.
hadithsunnah/bukhari/ #004.052.260

This is what     TRUTH     looks like

--------- >

Quote:
Moslem = = a follower of ISLAM.

Yadda said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1431117115/1#1
Quote:

"every moslem in Australia is a latent, wanna-be homicidal maniac"

- Yadda

QUESTION;
What about the innocent moslems ?

IMO, [logically] there are no innocent moslems [among persons who have come to the age of consent], and yet still declare themselves to be moslems.

How so [logically] ?

QUESTION;
How credible is it that a person who is devout enough to insist that he is a moslem, is unaware of what ISLAM promotes, and is unaware of what the principle tenets of ISLAM are ?

QUESTION;
How 'innocent' is a person who agrees to give aid and comfort [and to give their own 'power'],      ...to a philosophy which transforms human beings, into homicidal maniacs ?

QUESTION;
How 'innocent' is a person who agrees to give aid and comfort [and to give their own 'power'],     ...to a philosophy which claims that murdering, in the cause of religious bigotry, is a religious virtue ?

Quote:
Moslem = = a follower of ISLAM.

Yadda said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1536141258/46#46

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1534830555/0#0i

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Nov 16th, 2018 at 11:57am

Brilliant? it's the same arrogant irresponsible muslim rhetoric we hear all the time

What's so good about the muslim faith anyway if it means killing people in the street?

The darkie in Bourke St was ........ MUSLIM ..... out to kill people

What part of that do we find so difficult to understand?

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #5 - Nov 16th, 2018 at 1:24pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Nov 16th, 2018 at 11:57am:

The part that insists that I personally am responsible for the crime and that its up to me do more to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Or in other words the whole "as a muslim I'm guilty by default" part.

Thats what I have difficulty understanding.

Quote:

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #6 - Nov 16th, 2018 at 1:28pm

Yadda wrote on Nov 16th, 2018 at 11:56am:
yet another virtue signalling rant

Yadda openly calls for the entire muslim population to be interned into detention camps.

Yadda definitely has the moral high ground here.

Quote:

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Nov 16th, 2018 at 2:08pm

The problem is: the many and varied teachings of evil in the qur'an.

When will muslims stop tap-dancing, own their problems and address the cause and motivation  for islamic atrocities (the qur'an / islam itself) ?

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Nov 16th, 2018 at 2:19pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 16th, 2018 at 1:24pm:

The part that insists that I personally am responsible for the crime and that its up to me do more to make sure it doesn't happen again.

You are part of the problem Gandalf, and Morrison is asking you and the rest of the muslim community to help him stop the killings

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #9 - Nov 16th, 2018 at 2:24pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Nov 16th, 2018 at 2:19pm:
You are part of the problem Gandalf

In what way exactly?

Wouldn't I actually have to be doing something wrong in the first place in order to be 'part of the problem'?

Quote:

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Nov 16th, 2018 at 3:11pm

You 100% support the qur'an as the unchangeable infallible words of allah.

The qur'an causes and motivates islamic terrorism.

If you support the cause, you by definition support the engendered terrorism .

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Nov 16th, 2018 at 3:12pm

moses wrote on Nov 16th, 2018 at 3:11pm:

Apologist.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #12 - Nov 16th, 2018 at 4:37pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 16th, 2018 at 1:24pm:

What's so good about the muslim faith anyway if it means killing people in the street?

The darkie in Bourke St was ........ MUSLIM ..... out to kill people

ARGUMENT;
ISLAM, is a philosophy which [in its doctrines and religious texts] openly and plainly encourages its followers to commit violent and murderous religious bigotry,
against all people, who do not believe as they [moslems] believe,
so as to give power to the cause of Allah's religion.

But then, to prove his own innocence, the 'peaceful' moslem makes this argument;
"Yes, ISLAM, the Koran, and Allah, and Mohammed,
all, call on moslems to fight, to enslave unbelieving mankind, and to kill the enemies of Allah.
And yes, i'm a follower of ISLAM, i'm a moslem.
But i haven't murdered anyone!
And even though i am a moslem and i choose associate myself with a violent murderous philosophy,
i am    NOT   responsible,        whenever moslems are seen to kill people, because they [the victims] are not moslems!"

gandalf,

What part of my attribution, to your philosophy, is mistaken, in error ?

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #13 - Nov 16th, 2018 at 4:46pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 16th, 2018 at 3:12pm:
moses wrote on Nov 16th, 2018 at 3:11pm:

Apologist.

ISLAM-o-panderer.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #14 - Nov 16th, 2018 at 4:55pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 16th, 2018 at 1:28pm:
Yadda wrote on Nov 16th, 2018 at 11:56am:
yet another virtue signalling rant

Yadda openly calls for the entire muslim population to be interned into detention camps.

The entire moslem community, are members and supporters,
of a philosophy which calls on its followers to murder people who do not believe as they [moslems] believe.

Yes, i openly call on our government to set in place the means to lawfully detain every person who declares;
"I'm a moslem. I'm a follower of ISLAM."

------ >

QUARANTINE WORKS!!
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1538349389/34#34

and....
The argument for administrative detention, for all 'Aussie' followers of ISLAM
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1538349389/0#0

Yadda said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1536141258/46#46

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1534830555/0#0

ARGUMENTS AND EVIDENCES ???

By definition, every moslem,     is a person who has sworn his ongoing, and lifelong allegiance, to ISLAM,
exclusively.

------- >

Yadda said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1517662538/0#0
Quote:

AN INDISPUTABLE PREAMBLE....

Every moslem          has sworn everlasting allegiance to Allah.

Every moslem,         is a moslem.

Every moslem,         is a follower of ISLAM.

Yadda said.....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1522634108/1#1
Quote:

Every moslem is a dangerous, and unstable person.

Why so ?

Because every moslem, is a moslem.

Spokesmen for ISLAM will tell anyone who will listen;

THAT IT IS WRONG, AND THAT IT IS TOTALLY AGAINST ISLAMIC LAW,      TO KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE.

Here is a moslem in the UK explaining, who the innocent people are.

---------- >

Please watch this YT...
A UK moslem community leader, speaking in the wake of the London 7/7 bombing;

Quote:

YT
KILLING OF NON-MUSLIMS IS LEGITIMATE

"...when we say innocent people, we mean moslems."

"....[not accepting ISLAM] is a crime against God."
"...If you are a non-moslem, then you are guilty of not believing in God."
"...as a moslem....i must have hatred towards everything which is non-ISLAM."
"...[moslems] allegiance is always with the moslems, so i will never condemn a moslem for what he does."
"...Britain has always been Dar al Harb [the Land of War]"
"...no, i could never condemn a moslem brother, i would never condemn a moslem brother. I will always stand with my moslem brother....whether he is an oppresser or the oppressed."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maHSOB2RFm4

WITNESS, the good 'Aussie' moslems,
who are,     behind closed doors,
teaching their children how to 'practice' ISLAM.....

Quote:

"You're never too young to be a homicidal maniac for Allah!"

- 'Aussie' moslem child, being taught 'how to practice ISLAM', in Australia.

------------- >

Muslims brainwash children in Australia
  -------- >   goto 43 sec
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krk5piUzp1E

@ 1 min 35 sec in that YT....
[An 'Aussie' moslem, Bilal Merhi, addressing 200,000 followers of ISLAM, in Indonesia....

Quote:

"Yes my brothers, we will change the world to suit ISLAM.

The moslems living in Australia, are also engaging in this struggle [i.e. Jihad]."

« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2018 at 5:01pm by Yadda »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9
Send Topic Print