Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Formula E electric racing cars (Read 3839 times)
Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Formula E electric racing cars
Nov 15th, 2018 at 4:09pm

Quote:
F1 - Formula E ’slower than Formula Ford’ - Hamilton

Lewis Hamilton says he is not interested in Formula E because of the lack of petrol power, sound and speed.

Formula E is gaining in popularity and current McLaren driver Stoffel Vandoorne will drive for the new works Mercedes team in the forthcoming season.

"It’s great to see all the top brands - Audi, BMW, Mercedes - all heavily investing, but it’s a difficult one because I’m conflicted," said five time world champion Hamilton.
"The gasses we emit with our cars are not particularly helpful, so on one side that’s a concern but on the other side, I’m a petrol head.
"I hope at least in my time it’s always going to be a fuel car with at least some sort of V-shaped engine with some sort of sound," the Mercedes driver added.
Hamilton also said F1 and Formula E don’t compare in terms of performance.
"Maybe in five, ten years. But the technology that we have, it’s quite far advanced compared to them. They’re slower than Formula Ford at the moment so they’ve got a long way to catch the speed of a formula one car," he added.
Red Bull driver Max Verstappen agrees with Hamilton, insisting he will be one of the people vying to "buy the last barrels of oil in the world".
https://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/Formula-E-slower-than-Formula-Ford-Hamilton,...

Formula E is the slowest open wheel racing car series, being slower than a Formula ford makes them pathetic.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: Formula E electric racing cars
Reply #1 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 4:20pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Nov 15th, 2018 at 4:09pm:
Quote:
F1 - Formula E ’slower than Formula Ford’ - Hamilton

Lewis Hamilton says he is not interested in Formula E because of the lack of petrol power, sound and speed.

Formula E is gaining in popularity and current McLaren driver Stoffel Vandoorne will drive for the new works Mercedes team in the forthcoming season.

"It’s great to see all the top brands - Audi, BMW, Mercedes - all heavily investing, but it’s a difficult one because I’m conflicted," said five time world champion Hamilton.
"The gasses we emit with our cars are not particularly helpful, so on one side that’s a concern but on the other side, I’m a petrol head.
"I hope at least in my time it’s always going to be a fuel car with at least some sort of V-shaped engine with some sort of sound," the Mercedes driver added.
Hamilton also said F1 and Formula E don’t compare in terms of performance.
"Maybe in five, ten years. But the technology that we have, it’s quite far advanced compared to them. They’re slower than Formula Ford at the moment so they’ve got a long way to catch the speed of a formula one car," he added.
Red Bull driver Max Verstappen agrees with Hamilton, insisting he will be one of the people vying to "buy the last barrels of oil in the world".
https://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/Formula-E-slower-than-Formula-Ford-Hamilton,...

Formula E is the slowest open wheel racing car series, being slower than a Formula ford makes them pathetic.

And yet somehow, far more manufacturers involved in it then F1. Formula E cars are speed limited by  the FIA because of the tracks they race on.

By the definition of speed alone though, it means that since DTM cars are faster than V8 supercars that V8s are pathetic.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #2 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 4:22pm

Also just looking at who holds the Pikes Peak record at the moment. Umm an electric car.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 4:28pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Nov 15th, 2018 at 4:22pm:
Also just looking at who holds the Pikes Peak record at the moment. Umm an electric car.

It's only a 12 mile course, did they change cars in Formula E when battery was nearly depleted?

Sebastion Loeb set the previous record in 2013 has he been back since?

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #4 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 6:53pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Nov 15th, 2018 at 4:28pm:

It's only a 12 mile course, did they change cars in Formula E when battery was nearly depleted?

pikes peak has been raced for 100 years and now its not worth while for any internal combustion to bother racing in it...…
Next 100 years will only be faster and faster.... it just wont be a fossil fuel clunker. Wink

I am me

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #5 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 7:02pm

DonDeeHippy wrote on Nov 15th, 2018 at 6:53pm:

pikes peak has been raced for 100 years and now its not worth while for any internal combustion to bother racing in it...…
Next 100 years will only be faster and faster.... it just wont be a fossil fuel clunker. Wink

Wink Wink NICE CALL!

STANDARDS ARE STANDARDS... SURE STANDARDS MIGHT GET UPDATED FROM TIME TO TIME BUT THE VERNACULAR STILL INCLUDES HORSEPOWER WHY EXACTLY?   Smiley Smiley

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 7:06pm

Loebs record he set in 2013 in a car that started life as a production car, the new record is about 1 second a mile quicker which is stuff all.

If Loeb was serious about Pikes Peak why hasn't he been back since 2013?

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #7 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 7:08pm

ohh get in quick baron, the formula E do around 220km's a hour for this season,  a 40% increase in power next season will take them past 300km's...…. as they fine tune both batteries and the motor system's they will keep getting faster and faster... also next season the cars will have enough power for a full race, this season they needed 2 cars and swapped for the pitstop.
I guess the real question is will ppl watch them race... and that's a huge yes, very popular and now the big names are leapfrogging to get involved. Only 3 years ago none of them where interested…..
Id say in a few years they will be like formula 1 and will have to start putting restrictions and how much power they can have...… going by the improvements so far, it wont take long. Wink

Now I guess u will be searching pages to see if 1 has broken down and come to the conclusion they r no good and should be stopped Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I am me

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #8 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 7:12pm

DonDeeHippy wrote on Nov 15th, 2018 at 7:08pm:
ohh get in quick baron, the formula E do around 220km's a hour for this season,  a 40% increase in power next season will take them past 300km's...…. as they fine tune both batteries and the motor system's they will keep getting faster and faster...
also next season the cars will have enough power for a full race
, this season they needed 2 cars and swapped for the pitstop.
I guess the real question is will ppl watch them race... and that's a huge yes, very popular and now the big names are leapfrogging to get involved. Only 3 years ago none of them where interested…..
Id say in a few years they will be like formula 1 and will have to start putting restrictions and how much power they can have...… going by the improvements so far, it wont take long. Wink

Now I guess u will be searching pages to see if 1 has broken down and come to the conclusion they r no good and should be stopped Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

What is a full race?  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #9 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 7:17pm

I just looked up the website and it said the BBC was going to air every race in the 2018/9 season.

THAT IS WHAT THE SPORTS NEEDS IF ITS GOT ANY CHANCE OF CREATING CHANGE.... BUT OF COURSE... OF COURSE... SO WHERE IS THE ONCE ALLEGED CLEVER COUNTRY ON THIS?

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #10 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 7:18pm

What does Barons opinion mean anyway?

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #11 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 7:20pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Nov 15th, 2018 at 7:06pm:

Loebs record he set in 2013 in a car that started life as a production car, the new record is about 1 second a mile quicker which is stuff all.

If Loeb was serious about Pikes Peak why hasn't he been back since 2013?

started off as a production car...…….. rubbish.. Peugeot made it at their rally shop from the ground up Look at the specs...… wouldn't be one piece from a production car
The 3.2-litre, twin-turbo V6 engine develops 875bhp to help power a car weighing 875 kilogrammes.
Peugeot Sport engineer Jean-Christophe Pallier said: "Your imagination is the only limit when you set out to design a car for Pikes Peak.
"We've shaved the car down to 875 kilogrammes and as a result we've achieved the magic and symbolic power to weight ratio of 1:1, one bhp for every one kg of weight."

Ha Ha doesn't sound like much when u say 1 sec a mile..….. So the electric car beat Loebs car by 16 seconds..... 1 Mississippi  2  Mississippi 3 Mississippi  4 Mississippi all the way to 16 Mississippi …(just count them outloud to see how long that is).
I know u don't like electric cars and try to put down their achievements , but really that's pathetic to not be impressed with a car beating the track record by 16 seconds. Cheesy

especially one that is so high profile a Pikes Peak.....  Wink
« Last Edit: Nov 15th, 2018 at 7:33pm by DonDeeHippy »  

I am me

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 7:25pm

ohh get in quick baron, the formula E do around 220km's a hour for this season,  a 40% increase in power next season will take them past 300km's...…. as they fine tune both batteries and the motor system's they will keep getting faster and faster... also next season the cars will have enough power for a full race, this season they needed 2 cars and swapped for the pitstop.

The Formula E are quicker in a straight line compared to a Formula Ford yet slower around a lap.

The Formula Ford doesn't even have wings so much less aero yet still much quicker in the corners and under brakes which makes up for being slower in a straight line.

The Formula E weighs more than a F1 Car, perhaps the heavy battery is to blame, if they want to use more power does that mean even more weight with bigger heavier battery?

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #13 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 7:29pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Nov 15th, 2018 at 7:25pm:

The Formula E are quicker in a straight line compared to a Formula Ford yet slower around a lap.

The Formula Ford doesn't even have wings so much less aero yet still much quicker in the corners and under brakes which makes up for being slower in a straight line.

The Formula E weighs more than a F1 Car, perhaps the heavy battery is to blame, if they want to use more power does that mean even more weight with bigger heavier battery?

The weight of the battery is the number one issue of course: that is why you will never have battery powered planes!

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #14 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 7:48pm

TheFunPolice wrote on Nov 15th, 2018 at 7:29pm:
Baronvonrort wrote on Nov 15th, 2018 at 7:25pm:

The weight of the battery is the number one issue of course: that is why you will never have battery powered planes!

yes and in 1910 engineers said it was imposable for a combustion car to go past 100 mph..... we keep surprising ourselves....

I am me

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print