Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Morrison Wants To Let Super Thieves Off The Hook (Read 2257 times)
whiteknight
Gold Member

Australian Politics

melbourne
Morrison Wants To Let Super Thieves Off The Hook
Nov 15th, 2018 at 5:34am

Morrison wants to let super thieves off the hook   Sad
14 November 2018
ACTU

The Morrison Government is poised to reward businesses owners who’ve stolen superannuation from working people by giving them a tax deduction for paying the money back, with no further penalties.

The superannuation amnesty is one of a suite of measures listed for introduction to the Senate this week that undermine the superannuation system established under the historic accords during the Hawke and Keating governments.

The amnesty would effectively reward superannuation thieves by giving them a tax deduction for having gained a competitive benefit by stealing super over the past 26 years – the entire life of the modern superannuation system.

Other measures being introduced by the Morrison Government allow the government or regulatory agencies to interfere with the governance, investment decisions and board structure of high-performing not-for-profit industry funds, while ignoring the bank-owned retail funds.

The Banking Royal Commission unearthed serious wrongdoing, with banks-owned funds syphoning more than $1 billion of working people’s retirement savings out of their accounts through a range of unethical practices that included charging fees for no service, illegally leaving customers in higher-fee accounts and charging the accounts of dead customers.

The ACTU is campaigning to end for-profit super funds and return the system to high-performing not-for-profit retail funds, and to immediately raise super contributions from 9.5 percent to 12 percent.

Quotes attributable to ACTU Assistant Secretary Scott Connolly:

“Everyone should have the right to a dignified retirement. That’s what our not-for-profit industry super system is set up to provide, but banks have muscled their way in and are robbing people of their savings, sometimes even after they’ve died.

“The Morrison Government has resurrected a series of bills that make it easier for bankers to get their hands on the retirement savings of working people.

“It’s like they’ve learned nothing from the Banking Royal Commission.

“They voted against the Royal Commission 26 times, and now they’re trying to pretend it isn’t happening.

“They want to interfere with the best-run, best-performing not-for-profit industry funds and let the banks keep ripping people off. They want to let people who’ve stolen super off the hook. 

“And they want to take life insurance from young people and those with low super balances, even in high-risk occupations where insurance would be prohibitively expensive without the collective buying power that super funds enable.

“All Senators need to oppose these bills to safeguard the retirement savings of working people.”

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Morrison Wants To Let Super Thieves Off The Hook
Reply #1 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 8:07am

Labor could pass laws in government to retrospectively annul the amnesty. Robodebt is the precedent.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

Dsmithy70
Gold Member

ire futuis vobismetipsis

Newy
Reply #2 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 8:21am

I own a business
I employ 74 people
Their super is put into their funds every month
Throw these f@#$king criminals in goal, along with this cartel we call a government.

REBELLION is not what most people think it is.
REBELLION is when you turn off the TV & start educating & thinking for yourself.
Gavin Nascimento

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 9:26am

I wonder how many of these superannuation thieves are Liberal Party members and/or voters.

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #4 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 9:29am

Dsmithy70 wrote on Nov 15th, 2018 at 8:21am:
I own a business
I employ 74 people
Throw these f@#$king criminals in goal, along with this cartel we call a government.

Smiley

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 11:37am

greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 15th, 2018 at 9:26am:
I wonder how many of these superannuation thieves are Liberal Party members and/or voters.

He's obviously campaigning for the corporate criminal vote.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

stunspore
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 6:43pm

All of them?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #7 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 6:49pm

The Liberals are crooks complicit in the theft of money from hard working Australians.

Thieves should be in jail - not in business.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #8 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 7:12pm

Not many only 99.4%.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 8:34pm

I own a business
I employ 74 people

You need to look further at the super scammers themselves that steal fees from the punters. It accounts for about 30 billion a year in legalized theft. Even when they lose truck loads of your money in a market crash they still help themselves and all of a sudden you don't see the mole from AMP for at least a couple of years until the markets become bullish again. In the meantime they have lost 10 years of paper profits in a matter of days because they left your money exposed to the market Sad

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Dsmithy70
Gold Member

ire futuis vobismetipsis

Newy
Reply #10 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 9:44pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Nov 15th, 2018 at 8:34pm:
I own a business
I employ 74 people

You need to look further at the super scammers themselves that steal fees from the punters. It accounts for about 30 billion a year in legalized theft. Even when they lose truck loads of your money in a market crash they still help themselves and all of a sudden you don't see the mole from AMP for at least a couple of years until the markets become bullish again. In the meantime they have lost 10 years of paper profits in a matter of days because they left your money exposed to the market Sad

I'm their employer not a financial guardian.
It's goes to their nominated accounts, from there they're on their own Wink

REBELLION is not what most people think it is.
REBELLION is when you turn off the TV & start educating & thinking for yourself.
Gavin Nascimento

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #11 - Nov 16th, 2018 at 6:12am

Sir lastnail wrote on Nov 15th, 2018 at 8:34pm:
I own a business
I employ 74 people

Those thieves should try working for a living.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #12 - Nov 16th, 2018 at 10:08am

Not a single post from the resident right wing wankers....Why am I not surprised they support this bullshit???

Huh Huh Huh

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #13 - Nov 16th, 2018 at 5:51pm

philperth2010 wrote on Nov 16th, 2018 at 10:08am:
Not a single post from the resident right wing wankers....Why am I not surprised they support this bullshit???

Huh Huh Huh

They are born with a silver spoon in their mouth.
You can't expect them to work for a living -
especially when they can get away with theft
of hard working peoples money.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #14 - Nov 16th, 2018 at 5:57pm

Bobby. wrote on Nov 16th, 2018 at 5:51pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Nov 16th, 2018 at 10:08am:

Huh Huh Huh

They are born with a silver spoon in their mouth.
You can't expect them to work for a living -
especially when they can get away with theft
of hard working peoples money.

The punishment handed out to these crooks is laughable....I hear one bank big wig took a two million dollar pay cut....WTF....Were is the noose???

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print