Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Boeing is being evasive about 737 defects (Read 776 times)
Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Boeing is being evasive about 737 defects
Nov 14th, 2018 at 11:38pm

Boeing omitted instructs from flight manuals and omitted training pilots in recovery from system error.

Boeing is guilty of culpable homicide in the deaths of 194 people.

The US FAA is complicit.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Boeing is being evasive about 737 defects
Reply #1 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 6:10am

yeah, did you see the 4 corners on indonesian flight schools a few years back and how if you had a rich daddy he could buy you a pilots licence.
did you hear that successive pilots had been just ignoring the glowing warning lights on flight after flight, even pulling out fuses and covering the warning lights with tape.

i think it says a lot more about indonesia then it does about boeing.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #2 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 6:11am

Laugh till you cry wrote on Nov 14th, 2018 at 11:38pm:
Boeing omitted instructs from flight manuals and omitted training pilots in recovery from system error.

Boeing is guilty of culpable homicide in the deaths of 194 people.

The US FAA is complicit.

And you are being evasive about your ethnicity.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #3 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 4:39pm

I don't know if it is the Boeing manufacturers that are the problem. Perhaps it is the Indonesian maintenance people not doing their jobs to the right standards. Or maybe the pilots want to kamikaze passengers into the sea that is the problem.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 4:50pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Nov 15th, 2018 at 4:39pm:
I don't know if it is the Boeing manufacturers that are the problem. Perhaps it is the Indonesian maintenance people not doing their jobs to the right standards. Or maybe the pilots want to kamikaze passengers into the sea that is the problem.

It's a bit early to say, if you're having problems with automated systems you turn them off and fly the plane manually.

The vast majority of flights these days are not flown by pilots it's the autopilot flying the plane. Most commercial pilots only fly the plane with takeoffs and landings.Pilots might claim to have thouands of hours flying yet it's not them flying the plane it's the autopilot

The fact it's Indonesians and nobody else having problems with this plane makes me point the finger at the Indonesian pilots.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #5 - Nov 15th, 2018 at 6:49pm

Even automated systems need to be reviewed and updated when necessary. And the pilots should be retrained and tested every so often, I would believe.

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Nov 16th, 2018 at 10:55pm

Well I am not impressed. Another Tiger flight cancelled due to "engineering requirements", whatever that covers the meaning of.

So daughter turns up at Gold Coast airport early this evening, and 45 minutes when check in closes before flight departs, passengers at the airport are told, the flight is cancelled. No one was notified until that very moment, everyone was at the airport. Next flight, Sunday!
There's a queue of 100 ppl trying to book flights. I said to daughter, no way, you won't get a flight.
I get on the computer and find her a flight for the best possible price, (albeit $60 more out of pocket), with Jetstar for tomorrow quick smart pronto, as soon as I booked it, after 5 minutes, that flight went up $30.
I see, in the corner, 90 people are looking at this flight.

Now, this is not the first time with Tiger cancelled flights, we had it happen to us and we were stranged in Sydney about 6 weeks ago for the same reason "engineering requirements". Must be the same botchy plane!
Were stuck overnight in Sydney, which Tiger reimbursed us for. Had we said cancel it and refund us the airfare, they have no more responsibility. So I said to daughter, when she was asking me if she should get a refund...I said not yet, just wait until I can book another flight first.

So frustrating, I wanted to look up something about Tiger, and found this link about maintenance issues.
https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/tigerair-australia-grounded-plane-over...

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #7 - Nov 16th, 2018 at 11:45pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Nov 15th, 2018 at 6:49pm:
Even automated systems need to be reviewed and updated when necessary. And the pilots should be retrained and tested every so often, I would believe.

In my view, automated systems suck, and don't give enough credibility to the pilot when there is a conflict.  It's like Space Odyssey 2001, where HAL thinks 'he' knows better than the humans.... that has caused crashes in the past.. conflict between hands-on control and auto-pilot in that Russian Airbus caused the whole thing - the auto-pilot should disconnect if in conflict with the pilot... and ONLY assume total control if the instructions given are dreadfully wrong - such as flying into a mountain.  when you have 30,000 feet to work with, and the pilot says:- "I want control NOW!"  ...the auto-pilot should STFU.... and only grab again if the situation is out of control...

Too much fandango.....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #8 - Nov 16th, 2018 at 11:49pm

Sophia wrote on Nov 16th, 2018 at 10:55pm:

Well I am not impressed. Another Tiger flight cancelled due to "engineering requirements", whatever that covers the meaning of.

So daughter turns up at Gold Coast airport early this evening, and 45 minutes when check in closes before flight departs, passengers at the airport are told, the flight is cancelled. No one was notified until that very moment, everyone was at the airport. Next flight, Sunday!
There's a queue of 100 ppl trying to book flights. I said to daughter, no way, you won't get a flight.
I get on the computer and find her a flight for the best possible price, (albeit $60 more out of pocket), with Jetstar for tomorrow quick smart pronto, as soon as I booked it, after 5 minutes, that flight went up $30.
I see, in the corner, 90 people are looking at this flight.

Now, this is not the first time with Tiger cancelled flights, we had it happen to us and we were stranged in Sydney about 6 weeks ago for the same reason "engineering requirements". Must be the same botchy plane!
Were stuck overnight in Sydney, which Tiger reimbursed us for. Had we said cancel it and refund us the airfare, they have no more responsibility. So I said to daughter, when she was asking me if she should get a refund...I said not yet, just wait until I can book another flight first.

So frustrating, I wanted to look up something about Tiger, and found this link about maintenance issues.
https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/tigerair-australia-grounded-plane-over...

I used to work security at Mascot - you can't fly in with a 'bad' jet now and get QANTAS engineers to work it over and make if airworthy... QANTAS has no engineers at Mascot - they're in New Delhi drinking chai and wondering if they should remove the anti-bug tape from the pitot intakes or replace the erring onboard computer with one that actually works instead of just resetting it or pondering whether or not to grease the very large screws in the tail that adjust nose up or down attitude..... if they even think about it....

Hang The Irish Poof NOW!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print