Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9
Send Topic Print
Deport the terrorists – and their families too (Read 7878 times)
Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Deport the terrorists – and their families too
Nov 12th, 2018 at 5:26pm

Australian National University terrorism and counterterrorism expert Professor Clive Williams has said he has no doubts that deporting whole families of convicted terrorists would
open the flood gates of intelligence from families about family members who have become radicalised
– and be generally effective from a counterterrorism point of view.

The ironic reality, though, is that the very countries at risk are unable to put such a policy into effect. Williams also says it is not going to happen in a Western democracy. More’s the pity, I suggest.

True enough, the new laws that we seem to need would tackle the thorny area where democracy interacts with anti-terrorism. The new law would need to permit the deportation, if possible, or home arrest if not, of the jihadi’s family.

Yes, I know, it bristles against our democratic principles, but slaughter in our streets bristles much more.
https://www.spectator.com.au/2018/11/deport-the-terrorists-and-their-families-to...

I have been saying this for a long time. After every Islamic terror attack here the 'community' and the family immediately come out claiming how shocked they all are and how unexpected it all is. I don't believe a word they say.  The are just closing ranks.

If you took away their welfare for harbouring and not reporting terrorists and even deported them, they would be far more active in rooting out the terrorists among them.
Now they have nothing to lose which must change.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Re: Deport the terrorists – and their families too
Reply #1 - Nov 12th, 2018 at 5:46pm

I don't disagree.

Q.
But how would/could we [lawfully] apply that to followers of ISLAM [and members of their families] who were born here in Australia ?

I can imagine that it may be very, very difficult, legally, to 'deport' such people.

They would have 'iron clad' protections, as Australian citizens, under Australian law.

And where would we deport them to Frank, if they are Australian born ?

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #2 - Nov 12th, 2018 at 5:56pm

I see lawful administrative detention of such people, as an option.

------ >

QUARANTINE WORKS!!
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1538349389/34#34

and....
The argument for administrative detention, for all 'Aussie' followers of ISLAM
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1538349389/0#0

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #3 - Nov 12th, 2018 at 7:13pm

Good article Frank,

it would certainly help our situation.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #4 - Nov 12th, 2018 at 10:56pm

Bobby. wrote on Nov 12th, 2018 at 7:13pm:
Good article Frank,

it would certainly help our situation.

Yes, i concur.

Good article Frank.

And that article also confronts our conundrum;

How do we protect a civil society, without damaging the legal rights of the [i.e. of every] law-abiding individual ?

Quote:

The ironic reality, though, is that the very countries at risk are unable to put such a policy into effect.

Williams also says it is not going to happen in a Western democracy.

More’s the pity, I suggest.

Q.
Is the 'civil society' which, today, we have all come to take for granted [i.e. it was our forefathers who made the sacrifices to give us this gift and inheritance, of a society which [imperfectly] has perpetuated the peace and prosperity which we all enjoy], worth [worthy of] protecting ?

"Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance.
If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them."

Karl Popper

"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil."

Thomas Mann

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #5 - Nov 12th, 2018 at 11:02pm

Deport Yadda and his hate-propagating ilk.

Let the Saudi Arabian embassy have the contract for Yadda's disposal.

So much hate infesting one person. Yadda the hate reservoir.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #6 - Nov 12th, 2018 at 11:14pm

Laugh till you cry,

Oh, i'm so, so wounded and hurt!!                                Smiley         Grin

Got anything better [more hurtful] ?                             Tongue

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #7 - Nov 12th, 2018 at 11:28pm

Yadda wrote on Nov 12th, 2018 at 11:14pm:

Laugh till you cry,

Oh, i'm so, so wounded and hurt!!                                Smiley         Grin

Yadda's birth certificate.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #8 - Nov 13th, 2018 at 9:30am

Laugh till you cry wrote on Nov 12th, 2018 at 11:28pm:
Yadda wrote on Nov 12th, 2018 at 11:14pm:

Laugh till you cry,

Yadda's birth certificate.

Yes, people born in the civilised 1st world, all have one.

Are you jealous ?

Everyone say,    'Aaaaaw'.   for people like      Laugh till you cry.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Nov 13th, 2018 at 11:56am

Make it easy for the families to leave, give them financial incentives to go to a country of the choice, show them glossy brochures of Saudi Arabia, Iran, Egypt, of their towering mosques and people praying

Pay for their airfares, pay a months rent for when they arrive in the new country. Pay the deposit for a new car and a fridge. Buy them food for a month

Generally make them an offer they can't refuse

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Nov 13th, 2018 at 1:41pm

Bias_2012 wrote on Nov 13th, 2018 at 11:56am:
Make it easy for the families to leave, give them financial incentives to go to a country of the choice, show them glossy brochures of Saudi Arabia, Iran, Egypt, of their towering mosques and people praying

Pay for their airfares, pay a months rent for when they arrive in the new country. Pay the deposit for a new car and a fridge. Buy them food for a month

Generally make them an offer they can't refuse

How do you offer settlement in another country, Bias? They have to issue things called visas. Aren't you into national sovereignty?

Did you see how hard it was for Turnbull to get Mr Trump to take in a few hundred? Mr Trump was cranky Turnbull even asked.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Nov 13th, 2018 at 2:07pm

It's come to the point where we need to follow Trump's lead and ban immigrants from certain countries. Starting with bloody Somalia. Next put a 10 year restriction on refugees getting citizenship. Muck up within 10 years and it's back to their 3rd world craphole. Easy!!!

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #12 - Nov 13th, 2018 at 2:37pm

Yadda wrote on Nov 13th, 2018 at 9:30am:
Yes, people born in the civilised 1st world, all have one.

Are you jealous ?

Everyone say,    'Aaaaaw'.   for people like      Laugh till you cry.

Yadda, you once confessed to being adopted. That explains your ravenous hunger for approval and belonging which has driven you into the arms of Nazis and bigots.

Yadda is incapable of love, warmth, and human fellowship.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Nov 13th, 2018 at 2:44pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 13th, 2018 at 2:07pm:
It's come to the point where we need to follow Trump's lead and ban immigrants from certain countries. Starting with bloody Somalia. Next put a 10 year restriction on refugees getting citizenship. Muck up within 10 years and it's back to their 3rd world craphole. Easy!!!

This is not an unreasonable request, after all there are valid reasons the US have banned immigration from certain countries, this would make Australians feel safer and enable us to see that at least something is being done, not just more bollards and candles.
10yrs would be a reasonable time for citizenship providing they are paying taxes and not having 10 kids each.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Nov 13th, 2018 at 2:44pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Nov 13th, 2018 at 2:07pm:

Not easy. You'd have to find another country to take them. You can't send refugees back to their country of origin. Despite the Refugee Treaty, most countries wouldn't take them back anyway.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9
Send Topic Print